Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2185452 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 10:54pm On Feb 21
seunpinky:

At this point I give up, you seem to have everything covered from your end. The plan has been set rolling and there’s nothing anyone here can tell you to make you abort the plan.

But one last question, what do you intend for the person to be doing while waiting for admission (September 2024)?

Wishing you and the fellow all the best in this journey.
Eyes clear only after being here.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canadahome: 5:45am On Feb 23
miolad20:
Everything you need to send is stated in the PPR instructions.

Thank you for your response.

It is a visiting for someone. I was aipooaws to ask on the visiting visa section. I mistakenly asked here.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TwinHeart: 3:30pm On Feb 23
Good afternoon. I’ll be coming to Canada for the first time in March. I’ll like to know the Nigerian foods that one can carry through the border. Are yam, elubo, garri, plantain chips, Dano milk, Kilishi abbl allowed?

I also want to ask anyone that landed recently if POF was requested at the border. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 6:07pm On Feb 23
TwinHeart:
Good afternoon. I’ll be coming to Canada for the first time in March. I’ll like to know the Nigerian foods that one can carry through the border. Are yam, elubo, garri, plantain chips, Dano milk, Kilishi abbl allowed?

I also want to ask anyone that landed recently if POF was requested at the border. Thank you.
I don't think meat is allowed across the border. Maybe someone else can confirm though.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanresz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23
Not sure you can carry yam, dano milk, and killishi.

TwinHeart:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23
TwinHeart:

https://inspection.canada.ca/food-safety-for-consumers/bringing-food-into-canada-for-personal-use/eng/1389630031549/1389630282362

Milk ( except infant formula) and meat not allowed. Yam is not worth carrying as it will take most of your KG allowance. You can carry garri, elubo, chips etc

https://www.nairaland.com/7999183/how-helped-sister-food-items check this too

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 7:47pm On Feb 23
Good day all, please I would love some advice.
I recently got admission into a college on Alberta to do a 2yr program in occupational therapy and physiotherapy assistance and also another admission in newfoundland for 1 year certificate program in Early childhood education.
I'm confused now concerning all the recent changes and the fact that SOWP is on hold now so my hubby can't come along now no kids yet
Please I need advice from those in Canada already, what should be the best path to follow among these two programs that can lead to PR. Thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TwinHeart: 7:52pm On Feb 23
Thank you for the responses. I’m most grateful!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifemyorochukwu: 7:58pm On Feb 23
A Day in My Life in Windsor, Canada | Cooking Egusi & Okra Soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJywlMy824I
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 8:24pm On Feb 23
Please guys, your input is needed.

Abigbo:
I recently got admission into a college on Alberta to do a 2yr program in occupational therapy and physiotherapy assistance and also another admission in newfoundland for 1 year certificate program in Early childhood education.
I'm confused now concerning all the recent changes and the fact that SOWP is on hold now so my hubby can't come along now no kids yet
Please I need advice from those in Canada already, what should be the best path to follow among these two programs that can lead to PR. Thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 12:12am On Feb 24
Abigbo:
Please guys, your input is needed.

Options:
1. Go for a Masters Degree so the your husband would qualify for SOWP.
2. Express Entry

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 11:06am On Feb 24
Tried the masters route,not easy getting a supervisor, especially in the science field.
Also tried express entry,my profile expired without any invitation last December.
Trying the study route now, thats why i need an update on the two programs i was admitted in so i can make a good choice.
Thanks!
Maydaygirl:

Options:
1. Go for a Masters Degree so the your husband would qualify for SOWP.
2. Express Entry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 11:08am On Feb 24
Hello all more opinions are welcomed, thanks!

Abigbo:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orjohn24: 6:19pm On Feb 24
Abigbo:

You don't need a supervisor to apply for a master's degree. A master's is different from a PhD but l will suggest you for for the Alberta to do a 2yr program in occupational therapy and physiotherapy assistance. With that you will get 3 years pgwp after graduation if ur school offer pgwp option!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 9:12pm On Feb 24
Really?? All the schools post on their site that one should get a supervisor first before applying irrespective of wether masters by course-work or by research.
I haven't heard of this one before
Thanks for your input

orjohn24:

You don't need a supervisor to apply for a master's degree. A master's is different from a PhD but l will suggest you for for the Alberta to do a 2yr program in occupational therapy and physiotherapy assistance. With that you will get 3 years pgwp after graduation if ur school offer pgwp option!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 25
Burna Boy @ Scotia Arena Toronto. 😁

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 2:21pm On Feb 25
orjohn24:

She needs a supervisor especially for science courses.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 2:23pm On Feb 25
Abigbo:
Really?? All the schools post on their site that one should get a supervisor first before applying irrespective of wether masters by course-work or by research.
I haven't heard of this one before
Thanks for your input

If you're considering moving without your hubby, go for the Alberta college. 2years gives you more than to plan and arrange yourself...1 year disappears in 2seconds. Obviously 2 years course is more expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 6:30pm On Feb 25
ednut1:
Burna Boy @ Scotia Arena Toronto. 😁
I'll continue to question why you guys give your money to this arrogant guy who has no respect for even you his fans

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25
NuCypher:

I'll continue to question why you guys give your money to this arrogant guy who has no respect for even you his fans
He Performed and we were entertained. Nothing concern me with that else he does , i dont even follow him on social media 😁. Who respect help

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 7:41pm On Feb 25
NuCypher:

Infact ehn...
The thing tire me!

Maybe boredom makes his fans not to have choice 😀

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 8:10pm On Feb 25
Thanks a lot
AirBay:

If you're considering moving without your hubby, go for the Alberta college. 2years gives you more than to plan and arrange yourself...1 year disappears in 2seconds. Obviously 2 years course is more expensive.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 8:43pm On Feb 25
oluayebenz:

Infact ehn...
The thing tire me!

Maybe boredom makes his fans not to have choice 😀
I'm sure it's boredom grin, abroad boredom?

Dude literally almost killed a woman some months ago by firing a gun in a club. Yaps against everyone and their father (including his fans) on social media. A couple of instances of canceling shows or concerts without any apology, and in some instances even railing against fans that complained. The guy is just a menace! But trust our suffering and smiling Nigerian compatriots to carry their money and put in his pocket, to pay exorbitant fees for his concert. Sadly, we reward bad behaviour.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 8:52pm On Feb 25
NuCypher:

Dude literally almost killed a woman some months ago by firing a gun in a club. Yaps against everyone and their father (including his fans) on social media. A couple of instances of canceling shows or concerts without any apology, and in some instances even railing against fans that complained. The guy is just a menace! But trust our suffering and smiling Nigerian compatriots to carry their money and put in his pocket, to pay exorbitant fees for his concert. Sadly, we reward bad behaviour.

That's true about the gun violence in a club, not even a single apology. Nawa o

@bolded... That's just it....

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:29am On Feb 26
NuCypher:

over 70% of people there yesterday were not even Nigerians. The guy is a great performer, hin personal life no concern us 🤣

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 5:09am On Feb 26
ednut1:
over 70% of people there yesterday were not even Nigerians. The guy is a great performer, hin personal life no concern us 🤣

Until you come across him one day and he points the gun to your face 😀😃 hin personal life no go concern us that time too o grin

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Guruindahouse(m): 9:52am On Feb 26
inspire77:

I stay in Windsor, ON. What are your questions?

There is a WhatsApp group , however, i am not sure if you'd be added as you haven't arrived Canada as yet.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orjohn24: 1:20pm On Feb 26
ednut1:

Point of correction sir. I was at the arena and Over 90% at the arena are not nigerian. Burna boy real fan bases are not nigerians..all this stuff he do in nigeria he no dey try it aboard especially in the caribbean. Burna is not a menace in the caribbean.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 26
🤐🤐

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kenn55: 9:04pm On Feb 26
My people abeg ooo.

Gtbank says the would block my Nigerian account by March 1st because of not having NIN. Please how did you guys get NIN in Ontario? Is your own Nigerian bank saying the same thing or is it just Gtbank?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kheny12(m): 9:29pm On Feb 26
Good evening house,How is poultry attendant work in canada.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pleasant19: 9:34pm On Feb 26
ednut1:
🤐🤐
Gbese. This one hard o. The lady wicked sha. Unfortunately if it’s the child care pilot program, the lady doesn’t even have to work for the employer who gave them a letter of employment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Mkin and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.