Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2187182 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Guest911: 6:48pm On Apr 07
gideon19:

How can I go about this, pls?
i.e the submission of the extract.
Go to any drive test center near you. Make sure to carry original Nigerian driving license and the extract.
Register for the G1 test and submit the extract.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 9:34pm On Apr 07
ICONEB:
Use Uber eats
Not what I’m searching for
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07
Pre summer 🚴

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JIREN01: 1:39am On Apr 09
Guest911:

North york is so ghetto sha. Hamilton is still better off. You can still get a studio apt for 800-900 and a flat for 1200-1500
Hello chief, which do you think is the better option between Missisauga, Hamilton, and Brampton?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Guest911: 1:51am On Apr 09
JIREN01:
Hello chief, which do you think is the better option between Missisauga, Hamilton, and Brampton?
Just remove Brampton from the option . Either Hamilton or Mississauga is good.

I think mississauga has more job opportunities tho.

The reason I said to remove Brampton is because the majority of indian from there favor their own kind.

Gujarati , Punjabi, South Indians. Basically in everything from getting a house, getting a job, even government services etc

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Guest911: 2:00am On Apr 09
For instance the drive test center i went to had an Indian attendant, she refused to add my driving experience because my driving licence no carry middle name as on my passport.

Went there the next to try again or complain. I didn’t even need to explain to the white lady she just added my experience no questions asked.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gabby18: 2:53am On Apr 09
Since shes on a work permit, once she lands, she should immediately register for the MSI health card in that province. She ll be the main person and she ll register u the student and other kids if u have any as her dependents.
Its free to register since shes is on a work permit..with the health card, the govt covers most of the cost for the hspital bills..
Google it.. health card for work permit holders..

That what was a friend of mine did..

leksite120:
Hello.
My pregnant wife and I will be coming to Canada by May. I am a student and she's SOWP. Her delivery date will be around a month after arriving. Please how much will cost us to give birth in canada(the least option), and possible information I need to know.

Please, I urgently need a response. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gabby18: 2:55am On Apr 09
Since u r a student the child will qualify for child benefits after 18months..
For PRs it is immediately..

leksite120:
Please do you know if the child will be entitled to the monthly benefit after birth
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by leksite120(m): 5:12am On Apr 09
gabby18:
Since shes on a work permit, once she lands, she should immediately register for the MSI health card in that province. She ll be the main person and she ll register u the student and other kids if u have any as her dependents.
Its free to register since shes is on a work permit..with the health card, the govt covers most of the cost for the hspital bills..
Google it.. health card for work permit holders..

That what was a friend of mine did..

Thank you.
When I checked about it. They said it's for Nova Scotia
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by awys: 4:27pm On Apr 10
Hello Please is any student coming to Manitoba in August. I am looking for someone to share apartment with. My lease expires in July and move- in date is in August 1st. we can rent together. Female but I can also consider male. Also anyone who has room or apartment to rent please let me know. I am looking at Pembina Areas. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by awys: 5:01pm On Apr 10
Hello I am also looking to share with someone but my lease expires in July and i am looking at Pembina HWY areas.
ERIIGBALA:
Hello, please I need a one-bedroom apartment anywhere in Winnipeg. My budget is $700 to $900/monthly with utilities. I need it urgently. My current accommodation is temporary, the main occupants will return from Nigeria middle of this month. We recently moved to Winnipeg and getting accommodation has been hectic through those online rental sites. Please, I will appreciate any leads. Basements, apartments, anyone. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ferfer(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10
@EDNUT
That's an awesome cycling infrastructure right there.

It is that time of the year again. Please if you ride a bike, you should disembark your bike before you cross - it is safer to not ride across a crosswalk. Dismount and wheel your cycle across.

Also, drivers, please use your mirrors.

Stay safe out there everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Preshlomoye: 8:07pm On Apr 10
Please I need a walkthrough of US visa application; documents required, where and how to apply etc

Applying as a PR
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iberl: 1:38am On Apr 11
wink
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nedum3: 1:51pm On Apr 11
Chilexeve:
Hello,

Please, I'll be arriving Winnipeg, Manitoba mid next month. I'm in need of accommodation and my budget is $500 cad for a room or $1000 cad for a 2 bedroom apartment. If you have any lead, let me know. The apartment has to be in downtown or close to UofW or Providence University College. Treat as urgent.

Thank you.

Were you able to find?, I'd be arriving in August, I'd be going to university of winnipeg
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JIREN01: 9:34pm On Apr 11
Guest911:
For instance the drive test center i went to had an Indian attendant, she refused to add my driving experience because my driving licence no carry middle name as on my passport.

Went there the next to try again or complain. I didn’t even need to explain to the white lady she just added my experience no questions asked.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ezzylee(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12
Preshlomoye:
Please I need a walkthrough of US visa application; documents required, where and how to apply etc

Applying as a PR

Canada dey the title of this thread, you con dey find US data for here.

Check through the travel page, you'd see lots of US threads there.

Your question would be better answered on any of those US threads.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 3:25am On Apr 13
Good day, everyone. Please, I need an answer to this knotty question. An Express Entry applicant recently obtained a provincial nomination and got an ITA few days later. This applicant has a sibling in Canada, but they are both not in good terms. The applicant is unsure if the sibling is a PR. The applicant asked, but the sibling refused to declare his status whether or not he has PR. The applicant is not desperate to use the sibling's status in Canada to increase CRS point, but she wants to be sure she's being truthful to IRCC, to avoid being accused of misrepresentation.

How can the applicant navigate this challenge? What if the applicant states that the sibling is not PR, but IRCC records reveal otherwise? Any way out? The sibling is not willing to disclose his status to the sister, talk less of providing her with documents to support the claim later on.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mariojane(f): 5:12am On Apr 13
Hello everyone

I got admitted into Trent University Durham, can anyone tell me the best area to narrow my accommodation search to? I searched the Facebook marketplace place I was not able to get any information that I needed. Family accommodation and I would appreciate a price range Pls. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:38pm On Apr 13
folla:
Good day, everyone. Please, I need an answer to this knotty question. An Express Entry applicant recently obtained a provincial nomination and got an ITA few days later. This applicant has a sibling in Canada, but they are both not in good terms. The applicant is unsure if the sibling is a PR. The applicant asked, but the sibling refused to declare his status whether or not he has PR. The applicant is not desperate to use the sibling's status in Canada to increase CRS point, but she wants to be sure she's being truthful to IRCC, to avoid being accused of misrepresentation.

How can the applicant navigate this challenge? What if the applicant states that the sibling is not PR, but IRCC records reveal otherwise? Any way out? The sibling is not willing to disclose his status to the sister, talk less of providing her with documents to support the claim later on.

Thanks in advance.

While filling out the Express Entry profile, if you click "yes" to the question "Do you have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?" and you don't know the person's status in Canada, then you should not claim those 15 points. Not everybody in Canada, even after staying for over five years, is a permanent resident or citizen. Some people may remain as asylum seekers for up to five years, moving from one appeal court to another. If you cannot provide evidence for those 15 points with proof that ur sister is a PR/citizen , it could affect the whole application.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kad199: 12:59pm On Apr 13
PL for someone without transit visa all this airlines with 1 to 2 stop is it advisible too book them?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13
House34:

While filling out the Express Entry profile, if you click "yes" to the question "Do you have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?" and you don't know the person's status in Canada, then you should not claim those 15 points. Not everybody in Canada, even after staying for over five years, is a permanent resident or citizen. Some people may remain as asylum seekers for up to five years, moving from one appeal court to another. If you cannot provide evidence for those 15 points with proof that ur sister is a PR/citizen , it could affect the whole application.
its PNP. 15 points from siblings has no impact even if the VO removes it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:22pm On Apr 13
folla:

Thanks in advance.
click no. But include a LOA to explain what you just stated above. The applicant is PNP too so no impact of 15 points.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 2:08pm On Apr 13
ednut1:
its PNP. 15 points from siblings has no impact even if the VO removes it.

Sir, you forgot that PNPs are selected from the Express Entry profile and also take CRS points into consideration when selecting candidates. For example, if a particular PNP wants to select 50 candidates in a specific field with scores above 350, a person scoring 360 will be selected before someone scoring 355. That's why the 15 points you claim for family as PR/CITIZEN earlier while creating the Express Entry profile could become controversial if you actually have no family proof. Or maybe I'm missing something and need more clarification on this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 13
House34:

Sir, you forgot that PNPs are selected from the Express Entry profile and also take CRS points into consideration when selecting candidates. For example, if a particular PNP wants to select 50 candidates in a specific field with scores above 350, a person scoring 360 will be selected before someone scoring 355. That's why the 15 points you claim for family as PR/CITIZEN earlier while creating the Express Entry profile could become controversial if you actually have no family proof. Or maybe I'm missing something and need more clarification on this?
they have issued the PNP certificate with 600 points. VO wont bother with the requirement used to get the PNP as long as the pnp certificate has been issued

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by uchennay: 7:49pm On Apr 13
ednut1:
they have issued the PNP certificate with 600 points. VO wont bother with the requirement used to get the PNP as long as the pnp certificate has been issued

so it possible to claim extra point by filling one have a relation in Canada that one do not know is whereabouts and after get nomination na to explain to visa officer it unknown relation since VO wont bother to check the requirement ..that good plan to gain point ooo..information is important
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 13
uchennay:

so it possible to claim extra point by filling one have a relation in Canada that one do not know is whereabouts and after get nomination na to explain to visa officer it unknown relation since VO wont bother to check the requirement ..that good plan to gain point ooo..information is important
there are different types of PNP some are based on having a relative there. Like MNP, SASK etc. if you claim relatives there, you must provide evidence or the pnp application will be rejected.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 10:05pm On Apr 13
Many thanks.

The applicant clicked "no" to the question at the time of creating the EE profile and scored zero for it. There was no such question during the PNP application and the PNP was obtained mainly from the masters program the applicant completed.

Now that the applicant has got an ITA, she just wants to know the steps to take in order not to offend IRCC. The sibling isn't forthcoming.

House34:

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 10:08pm On Apr 13
Many thanks, Ednut.

Please would the LOE be sent through webform or another means?

ednut1:
click no. But include a LOA to explain what you just stated above. The applicant is PNP too so no impact of 15 points.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 10:12pm On Apr 13
Many thanks.

This particular PNP did not award points for PR siblings in Canada.

This particular PNP nomination was obtained mainly based on the masters program the applicant just completed.

House34:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canadahome: 10:54pm On Apr 13
Guest911:

Just remove Brampton from the option . Either Hamilton or Mississauga is good.

I think mississauga has more job opportunities tho.

The reason I said to remove Brampton is because the majority of indian from there favor their own kind.

Gujarati , Punjabi, South Indians. Basically in everything from getting a house, getting a job, even government services etc

Stray bullet. Brampton live matters😀

I have been living in Brampton for close to 2 years now. I have not experienced any of these.

My current landlord is Indian. He choose my application for the house above other Indians that came for the same house.

That aside, like you said most jobs are in Mississauga, would the person not be better of living in Brampton or Georgetown than going to Hamilton?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Canadahome: 11:01pm On Apr 13
Hello guys,

I recently started a recruiting role with one of the cities in the GTA.

I will like to connect with any recruiter here, please.

Just indicate them I will send a DM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.