Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) (3188 Views)

Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ (part 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by luvmijeje(f): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When Paul was arrested by the Romans, he told them of course that he too was a Roman, and not a slave. And when he wrote to the church in Philippians, who were majorly a jewish community of Christians, he told them he too was one of them, a Jew.
I am not sure I quite follow your meaning, please. I am not certain what "Christian leaders" today you seek to compare with and why. undecided

The Jewish demonised Christ and his followers because they went against their establish teachings. The Christians leaders(and other religion leaders) are threatening people with hell for going against their own teachings. So again my question what's the difference between what the Jews did and what Christian leaders of today are doing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
luvmijeje:
The Jewish demonised Christ and his followers because they went against their establish teachings. The Christians leaders(and other religion leaders) are threatening people with hell for going against their own teachings. So again my question what's the difference between what the Jews did and what Christian leaders of today are doing?
Oh that!
Well, here's the thing, first of all, Jesus Christ instructed His followers against setting themselves up in positions of authority/leadership, so their teachings are doctrines of men and not the teachings of Jesus Christ to begin with.

Matthew 20 vs 24-28 (ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. The other ten followers heard this and were angry with the two brothers.
25. So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26. But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”
Now, as far as Hell is concerned, that is a domain that is ruled over by Jesus Christ and no man can condemn another to Hell. Each man is condemned by his own actions against the Word of God. So, that too...
Difference between the old Jewish leaders and the current "Christian leaders"... no clue.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by luvmijeje(f): 1:19am On Mar 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh that!
Well, here's the thing, first of all, Jesus Christ instructed His followers against setting themselves up in positions of authority/leadership, so their teachings are doctrines of men and not the teachings of Jesus Christ to begin with.
Now, as far as Hell is concerned, that is a domain that is ruled over by Jesus Christ and no man can condemn another to Hell. Each man is condemned by his own actions against the Word of God. So, that too...
Difference between the old Jewish leaders and the current "Christian leaders"... no clue

Scriptural reference for the above?
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Mar 20, 2021
luvmijeje:

Scriptural reference for the above?
Matthew 25 vs 31-46.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by luvmijeje(f): 1:53am On Mar 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Matthew 25 vs 31-46.

But hell wasn't mentioned in the scripture you quoted.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Mar 20, 2021
luvmijeje:

But hell wasn't mentioned in the scripture you quoted.
It is the place where the goats/evil people go to be punished forever in vs 46? undecided
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by luvmijeje(f): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is the place where the goats/evil people go to be punished forever in vs 46? undecided

Did you read the people who are going into everlasting punishment vs 44-45

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

This is my question to you. With the above requirement, do you think any Christians in Nigeria will qualify to get to heaven?
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
luvmijeje:

Did you read the people who are going into everlasting punishment vs 44-45

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

This is my question to you. With the above requirement, do you think any Christians in Nigeria will qualify to get to heaven?

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Christ Also Die For The Black Africans? / Cele Members - What Does Sani Satani Mean? / Our Lord Jesus Christ Fall On His Face (knock Head On D Ground) To Worship God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.