Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! (114752 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 2! Register Online Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by KikiDixy(f): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2007
This edition of BBA is wack!!!! angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Orikinla(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2007
KikiDixy:

This edition of BBA is wack!!!! angry

KikiDixy,
I second your verdict.

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 1:32am On Aug 29, 2007
tng:

I tire oh. Fake ass nigga. He would go once he comes up for eviction. Viewers are not feeling him anymore.

@modups

You were right then.

Hopefully them bring am up for eviction

People how dem dey vote online sef cos e no dey work for me
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Gamine(f): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2007
gosh

those texters aaah grin grin grin

Kweku i hate the most, he dosnt evn like meryl, he dreads goin to bed evryday

he is a damned made in china goat, speaking fake assly!! angry

he voted ofuneka out, Stupid boi!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2007
lmao
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Gamine(f): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2007
aaah,

if not fo those funny texters, i wont be watchin this show!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2007
Nominations are beginning to reveal an established pattern amongst the housemates. For one, Jeff is public enemy number one, having been put up for eviction twice in a row. Apparently, he has something of a temper and the housemates are frightened of it erupting like it almost did during the tug of war task. Kwaku and Lerato keep nominating the same two people (Jeff and Ofunneka ). Lerato has it in for Ofunneka for putting her down during her reign as head of house, so no surprise there. But Kwaku, our neighbour from Ghana is just so hostile towards Ofunneka that one cannot help but wonder whether there’s more to it. He’s nominated her twice now and the only reason I can think of is the age-old rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana. Is there some kind of strategy behind this? I don’t know. If anyone has a theory on this, please enlighten us, because his reasons completely elude me.

Maureen’s two nominations (Bertha and Meryl) both also nominated her meaning she’s uniformly annoying to both of them even as they are to her. I suspect though, that Bertha’s motivation for nominating Maureen is Code. I think she wants him and so needs Maureen out of the way.

Richard nominated the couple of Kwaku and Meryl for making rocking motions in bed and uttering gasps of pleasure now and then. He claims this disturbs his sleep. I bet it would. For a guy accustomed to having sex four times a week yet having gone without for three weeks, there can be no greater torture than the mental image of people having sex in the bed below. He so clearly ratted them out that I have been wondering: is it possible that Kwaku and Meryl could be having sex and we wouldn’t know about it?

Jeff and Ofunneka were nominated together by those who nominated them. In turn they have each nominated the pair of Meryl and Lerato. Ofunneka thinks they’re both shallow and tactless, while Jeff thinks they’re downright disrespectful.

No one has yet nominated Tatiana for eviction. But her dalliance with Richard, though part of her strategy, may rub one or two housemates the wrong way and get her a nomination next Monday. Her nominations were Lerato and Max. She nominated them both because they are the most prominent housemates and she feels it would benefit her chances to get them out of the way. Pure cold-blooded strategic reasoning. She’s a joy to watch.

Code also has not been nominated for eviction yet but I suspect with the way he’s handling the Maureen matter, he’ll get his first nomination come Monday. Oh, he kissed Maureen again Tuesday night, after all the noise he made about ‘shorty’ back home. Granted that it was in a game of truth or dare, but he had strenuously asserted as a precondition to participating in the game that he would do nothing that went against his principles, morals and values. (You know he likes to speak English) Apparently, kissing Maureen in spite of ‘shorty’ back home is just fine by his principles, morals and values.  

Every Head of House has been given the Penthouse Treat except our homegirl Ofunneka. Bertha is currently in the Penthouse with Lerato and they’ve been talking about everything from how Max behaves in bed (scratching his beard, interrogating Lerato on where she’s going when she wakes up in the middle of the night to pee) to how Code should make an effort to remember ‘shorty’ back home whenever he feels the need to do something silly (by wearing a jacket she gave him to remember her by) to how no one in the house can dance like Ofunneka (homegirl showed herself on the first night of the old school task and she looked mighty fly in the costume. The girl is a hotstepper. Hapuya like that).  

There’s an ongoing investigation into the 'death' of one of the giraffes in the garden, but that’s a post for another day when I’ve found out what it’s all about. See y’all later.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2007
thanks lawyer chap, pls keep it coming
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by kaydee(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
U know U don't really need to watch.Just "Watch" Lawyerchap's update and U've seen it all. Apart from Shower Hour,Lawyerchap's update is enough.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Lawyerchap

Well said.I really think Kweku is a fake dawg and shld be nominated so we vote him out.From d way i see d game.It looks like Ofu and Tati wld go a long way.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Gamine(f): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2007
Kweku MUST GO!!!!! angry angry

GHANA MUST GOOO!!!!! angry

Made in china Fool angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by xcaper(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2007
gamine u ar everywhere,nice anyway ao u dey
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by adechuks(m): 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2007
This lawyerchap good sha!.
But he says he's no longer practicing. Kai, i for retain am.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 1:13am On Sep 01, 2007
KWEKU MUST GO

GHANA YEYE

FAKE ASS NIGGA
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by redsun(m): 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2007
Big Brother,a fictional character in George Orwell's,Nineteen Eighty Four novel,which describes a totalitarian state taken to its utmost consequences,a complete surveillance by the authorities,mainly by telescreens,thus the sentence (big brother is watching you)This concept is totally opposite of what we have in Africa,where the goverment is non-existent and complete telescreen surveillance is centuries away.What is the concept of big brother in Africa?does people really know what big brother means,or just blind show and blind audience,just like religion,blind faith.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2007
finally watched BBA today

my thots

LERATO: Big mouth, seems to cover up her insecurities with talking abt everything so you'll be distracted.

KWEKU: Awoof dey run belle, says so much but means very little, very ambiguous. seems to think he's some real catch- whilst accepting with cool glee all the skin-freebies meryl gives him

MERYL: likes attention and knows only one way to keep the cameras trailing her, its 'werking'

RICH: I watched that kiss, mmm I liked it tho 40 sec was gratuitous so it lost its tenderness; what was all that privaate talk he gave her just before they kissed. Asking her whether they should go down with the kiss and saying how much he enjoyed it. And this man don marry!

BERTHA: I dont get her story but I like her voice

OFFUNEKA: that girl is not a pushover but I think she needs to strategise fast

could get a take on the others

THE SPINMASTER came was distractive
yuck too much saliva sharing
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 6:16am On Sep 02, 2007
Kweku is fake
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2007
Jeff is out, never liked the boring chap anyway, moreover he took his "conspiracy brother" thing too far.
If only i can wish bertha out of that house, why in the world was she crying at Jeffs exit? She wanted him out and nominated him for eviction.
okay lawyerchap do your thing!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2007
The house has been a real riot all of last week with the housemates getting into a kissing frenzy. Now every chic in the house has been kissed with the exception of Lerato. (It’s possible she and Max lock lips under the covers but we haven’t actually ‘seen’ them.)
Truth or Dare appears to be the quickest way to get a kiss these days.

Ofunneka was dared to kiss Code and homegirl went for it with gusto. Even Code was surprised at the urgency in the kiss. Truth be told, even I raised an eyebrow at the ‘eagerness’ she showed, but hey, I guess deprivation can be an ugly thing.

Bertha also got dared to kiss Kwaku and she made it across the room with such speed that I wonder why she keeps holding on to those crutches. That injury must have healed eons ago. Even with the crutches she unwittingly puts her full weight on the supposedly injured leg and she doesn’t even wince. Kissing Kwaku must be like her ultimate fantasy in the House and she really got into it. Somehow, her cold exterior had got me thinking of her as somewhat asexual. But it seems no matter how cold and unsexy someone seems, there’s always a sleeping beast within.

Tatiana finally swapped spit with Richard the married man. I’ve known for a while that this was going to happen and I have watched with growing dismay as the couple inevitably inched closer and closer to that strategy-destroying kiss. That kiss and her steadily growing closeness to Richard looks like it’s going to severely undermine Tatiana’s strategy as she’s pissing off married folks all over the continent. Even unmarried folks with high regard for the institution of marriage are being estranged from the Angolan beauty who had been regarded as a virtual lock on the money. Now her future looks doubtful. She is bound to get at least one nomination today but seems to be preparing for that eventuality by cosying up to Max who is Head of House for the week. So, just in case she is up for eviction, Max would save her. Good strategy but it is rather obvious and makes her come across as something of a cheap tart.

Kwaku had a night of drunken disclosures with Code and Max where his true feelings came out, aided by the copious amounts of alcohol he had consumed. Kwaku dropped the bombshell that he and Meryl were intimate every night. While I would take this with a pinch of salt given Kwaku’s penchant to embellish facts, it does tie in with Richard’s reason for nominating them both last Monday, where he said they always made rocking motions and sounds of pleasure that disturbed his sleep. Kwaku also declared that Meryl was not his type as she was too cheap and available. Apparently, he likes the challenge of the chase. He says he’s not going to look her up after Big Brother. Poor girl.

Jeff finally got himself evicted yesterday. No surprise there. Maureen who was also up for eviction, reacted quite maturedly when Bertha announced that she had saved Meryl and put up Maureen. But we know that’s just the reaction for the cameras. She actually hugged Bertha before going to take her luggage to the storeroom. Now it’s game on.

The strapline is a wonderful source of entertainment. It just cracks me up. There’s so much going on there that it’s like a whole other show. They’ve taken to referring to the couples in the house as Maxerato (Max and Lerato), Richiana (Richard and Tatiana), Codreen (Code and Maureen) and Kwaryl (Kwaku and Meryl). There’s also a whole debate on how Richard’s wife is feeling right now. Some feel she knows the deal and it’s just a game that will benefit them both if he should win, while others claim that divorce papers are waiting for Richard. Personally, I think there’s bound to be some strain on Richard’s marriage, because he seems to be genuinely falling for Tatiana’s charms, which is no surprise, really. She’s got these endearing little mannerisms that just pull me in. Aside from that sexy accent and the halting English, she says things like ‘my one’ instead of ‘my own’ and for some inexplicable reason, I find that very appealing.

Well, let’s wait and see what nominations today will look like, but I suspect Bertha and Meryl will be the popular choices while Max may decide to save Bertha and replace her with Richard. But I’m just speculating here. Let’s just wait and see, shall we?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by doudlec(f): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2007
Wow Lawyerchap I v been following ur post and dude i'm totally lovin u!!!!U r good man.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2007
@Lawerchap

Na u biko

I wldnt mind Kweku vs Richard

Kweku needs to go
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2007
My heart nearly cut today

Why Big brother come change rules when Homegirl ofunne was nominated?

Haba!!

I told myself that if she's nominated then its a slip chance that she wont be evicted

When Richard saved her because she was 'hardworking' I said up Naija women

Phew !!!
that was close

so MERYL shuld go!!!! She's just nasty see the venom with which she talked abt ofunne and maureen
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2007
Meryl to go

She stands a threat to Ofu

With Meryl out Kweku has no hiding place

Please vote Meryl out.

How do i vote online?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Everbright(f): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2007
True talk Gamine Ghana must go.
Kweku must leave the house.
To do this let's vote Meryl out.
Log on to M-net and follow the guide lines.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tng(f): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2007
She's just nasty see the venom with which she talked about ofunne and maureen

I think say na only see am. Naija, meryl for the boot abeg. Richard will come up again.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2007
Well, Richard and Meryl and Maureen are up for eviction; not too far from our speculations, only with homegirl Ofunneka being the one who got saved by Head of House Max, instead of Bertha who came away with only one nomination from her nemesis Maureen. Our speculated final two of Meryl and Richard are indeed up for eviction, but we reckoned without the possibility of a third housemate also being up for eviction. Maureen got three nominations, same as Ofunneka and so ends up on Eviction Row for the second consecutive week.

Shebi you guys have seen that the cooking-and-cleaning strategy employed by homegirl Ofunneka does have its good points. It was solely the reason why Max saved her from Eviction Row. If she had been a housemate of the slovenly and drunken variety, you can be sure we’d have been wringing our hands over her impending eviction by now.

I suspect that there may be conspiracies before the nominations or how do we explain the fact that Kwaku and Meryl had identical nominations? I’m not a big believer in coincidence, and coupled with the fact that Kwaku, Code and Max had openly discussed nomination strategies, I’m inclined to believe that Kwaryl may have discussed their nomination choices and agreed to harmonize those choices. They could have done this in bed under the covers when they are not required to wear their microphones. They both nominated Maureen and Ofunneka and managed to get them both onto Eviction Row, showing why conspiracies should be discouraged by Big Brother.

Maxerato’s nominations were less identical. Their only common nomination was Richard who Lerato nominated to help him save his marriage from damage that could be caused to it by hormonal decisions made in the confined space of the Big Brother House while Max nominated him for being a housemate of the lazy and immature variety. Lerato gave Tatiana her first nomination for the same reason she nominated Richard while Max nominated Kwaku for not pulling his weight with the housework,

Richard on his part is still holding on to his grudge for Kwaku and Meryl for rocking the bed and disturbing his sleep when they have sex. His paramour, the winsome and cold blooded Angolan beauty Tatiana nominated Lerato and Ofunneka because they were emerging as strong contenders for the prize and needed to be taken out of the game as soon as possible.

Bertha and Maureen both nominated each other (which was expected after the events of the last eviction) as well as Meryl. At least they have their dislike of Meryl as common ground between them. Code who is yet to be nominated even once, nominated Meryl and Tatiana. Apparently he is concerned about the damage Tatiana is doing to Richard’s marriage and her own relationship.

Going by the trend of the evictions so far, the person who is replaced by the Head of House never gets evicted, leaving him or her in the house with the backstabbing Head of House. I suspect it may be a ploy by Big Brother to engender distrust and tension in the house (and yes, that means I believe the results could be manipulated and the evictions orchestrated). That would mean that Richard won’t be evicted on Sunday, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Why?

Meryl may be a pain and a foul mouth but she’s also undeniably eye candy and her entertainment value is far higher than any of the other housemates on Eviction Row this week. She has promised to have as much fun as she can this week, swearing as much as she likes and kissing whoever she wants. We all want to see that, so it is unlikely that she will be leaving just yet. As for Maureen, she may not be the life of the party right now but there are bigger things at stake than taking her out, namely Richard’s marriage. Everyone seems to agree that Richard is destroying his marriage and while this may or may not be true (because for all we know, his wife may be totally cool with the whole thing) the fact remains that perception is reality and everyone thinks he’s not doing his marriage any good.

So while it would amount to betting against the system, I rather suspect that Richard may be leaving Big Brother House next Sunday.

In the meantime, I missed the fact that Maxerato kissed during the Spinmaster Truth or Dare. Also Ofunneka kissed Kwaku (kissing the enemy as Kwaku keeps nominating her) while Bertha also kissed Max. She apparently couldn’t handle kissing two guys in one day and had to go pray for forgiveness. I learnt from Maureen’s Diary room session that Bertha had to be comforted because she was crying and I’m like, WHAT? Puhleeze! Give us a break, Bertha. Crying because you voluntarily kissed two guys? What if you were r a p e d?

Max was taken to the Penthouse as Head of House and he chose Lerato to go with him. Whether he chose her because of an inability to choose between Kwaku and Code or because she’s his babe, it’s the third time Lerato has been to the penthouse. She’s gone with every Head of House since the beginning of Big Brother. That says something about her popularity with Housemates, but it could come back to haunt her when they begin to see this as a threat.

The task for the week is called Perchance to Dream and it involves sleep deprivation. Let’s wait and see what deviousness Biggy has in store for us. See y’all soon.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by endychux: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2007
meryl must go!!!!!
otherwise she wil keep nominating our homegirl ofunneka.
remember maureen is ofunneka's friend, plz save her jst because of nneka.
Richard may still be nominated again.

Meryl must go!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tng(f): 10:43am On Sep 04, 2007
I think meryl would leave this week.Richard would sure come up again next week. it has become a pattern whoever is used to replace a nominated Hm becomes prime target.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by adechuks(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2007
I really think Meryl should stay. Herself and Lerato have been 'real' all this while, and they never nominate a friend, the way Bertha has done (and completely brought on herself my wife's everlasting wrath). For being real (though bad), Meryl should stay.

Richard can go, but right now the most annoying person to our household is Maureen.
She is a complete disgrace.

So i've voted Maureen, online and using my phone.
Hopefully, Tatiana will migrate to Code after Maureen leaves.

@Lawyerchap,
Richard will go the following week. Let him be for now.

and why are people supporting Offuneka just because she's Nigerian. I really think that is wrong. Imagine her saying Jeff will be greatly missed. That is so untrue. What is there to miss in Jeff.? And she keeps nominating Lerato and Meryl. They are the only loyal friends anyone can have in that house, especially Lerato. We are routing for her to win now.
Max is a backstabber. Kweku is a dangerous player, Bertha is all of a sudden turning bad (and to imagine the friendship Meryl shows to her). Richard should go save his marriage, Maureen should just go. Code should keep lying low till week 11. Lerato should win.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by mimiko(f): 10:53am On Sep 04, 2007
naija ll love max for saving Ofune mama she has not really made an impact on viewers yet so anything can happen the longer she stays the better, her true potentials shall unviel.
@ lawyerchap how now?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by makin(m): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2007
I can see even Lawyerchap has the nominal conjuction thing going on, kwaryl, maxwerato and richiana, so what would code and maureen be?
Much ado about the nominations but Code has so far never been nominated!!!
Maureen seems most vulnerable for eviction. She only beat Jeff by a split vote. Her fan appeal must be quite low. I mean for a chick to find it hard to beat shrek to it easily is sad.
And since the male/female balance would be overly tilted if the supposedly married tazboy"richie" is evicted, it has to be one of the females. I detest the coochie-centric nambombshell Meryl but she gives the shower hour crew a delight, so she might just survive.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tete(f): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2007
@LawyerChap

Good job. Thanks for the updates wink

I'm definitely going to register on the BBA site and vote Richard out. Whatever the case may be, whether its a Game plan or he's just plain messing up he needs to go. The thing is, Tati is a very good actress and its obvious that she's only acting with Richie. Richie on the other hand is obviously besotted by her. I don't want Maureen out 'cause she's the only person that really flows with Ofu, i was even shocked but glad that Max saved her.

RICHARD MUST GO angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (85) (Reply)

Most Handsome Nigerian Actors / Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.