Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! (114703 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 2! Register Online Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nnekie(f): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2007
When does it start?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is taking forever angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 3:45am On Jul 31, 2007
I tire oh
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nnekie(f): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2007
Does anyone know what happened between Ify and Katung after BBN? Did she get married to her boyfriend. Just curious
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 12:52am On Aug 02, 2007
Yes oh me sef wan know
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2007
Big Brother Africa II starts on Sunday 5th August. I hear the Nigerian housemate is a female from Delta State. We wish her all the best. people prepare to vote o.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Configur(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2007
lets hope d girl will represent naija.but i really cant wait for some real sexy rumble in d house like d crazy 1 between gaetano and abby of the first house.make dis one dey crazy well well.lol
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2007
lawyerchap:

Big Brother Africa II starts on Sunday 5th August. I hear the Nigerian housemate is a female from Delta State. We wish her all the best. people prepare to vote o.

Can someone pls post deir website up.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2007
THE WEBSITE IS YET TO BE KNOWN

HERE IS THE FAN BLOG

http://bbafrica2./
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2007
Thanks
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tomiade1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2007
cant wait for the shower hour grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by bigrovar(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2007
THE GAME HAS BEGAN AND GUESS WHAT THE 9JA REPRESENTATIVE IS A LADY, Damn!!! undecided undecided embarassed
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2007
MNET promises to update here:

http://www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother

but nothing is recent right now
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by igbonla(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2007
!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tomiade1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2007
i dey tell u

watch out for lerato(s african) and meryl (namibian)

wild girlsssss!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by annmarien(f): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2007
well they started 2day, but the naija girl doesn't look nigerian at all. she doesn't even talk naija. anyhow i wish she doesn't Bleep up. we have 2 wild girls already
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2007
SA - Namibia seem to be competing over that guy with some American ascent.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2007
Almost everything is good in Big Brother II but what I do not like is Voice of the Big Brother used this time around.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2007
E yo, you can now get info via

www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 1:17am On Aug 06, 2007
Thank Yu

E be like say dem get some videos for dt site.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 1:19am On Aug 06, 2007
Yeah, they have some clips based on Intros

May be they plan to attach streaming clips online for people, because their Gallery is kind of advanced than the last one
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 3:34am On Aug 06, 2007
I pray they do
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 4:52am On Aug 06, 2007
Wait, what is the deal with 3000 push ups a day?

Is it all in the name of fitness or something else?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 5:50am On Aug 06, 2007
One thing I don't seem to get is the SMS's people send to the Machine. Do they think that they will receive the message?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by odada(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2007
Boy!am I glad that BB has started or what?finally something more to keep me entertained!I already have the hots for the southafrican chik,,,men shes my kinda gurl dude!loves shopping and is from soweto cool cool cool thats ghetto grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by odada(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2007
Boy!am I glad that BB has started or what?finally something more to keep me entertained!I already have the hots for the southafrican chik,,,men shes my kinda gurl dude!loves shopping and is from soweto cool cool cool thats ghetto grin nooffence but the 9jah chik aint particularly all that too!I mean she has an igbo/yoruba name and she dance yahoozee on the red carpet with kabelo cool its 9jah!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 8:04am On Aug 06, 2007
Don't be offended. But what did you see in that Ikebe Super SA girl?

The Naija Chik seem to be playing the role of the child of God. But going back to her profile she stated that her actions are determined by her mood.

May be, she's got something hidden in there. The thing I like about her is for her drastic achievements in life within a short period.

That is how I wish life be for most people and no one has got to struggle.

If she does not go far, I won't be crossed with her because it only meant one thing; it is not yet our time.

In the mean time, I'd prefer to enjoy the show.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 11:55am On Aug 06, 2007
A clip of the first shower hour is on the website now
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2007
Wow! Big Brother sure knows how to put on a great show. Right from the moment i saw Kabelo i knew BBA II was goin to be dope. Mike Majic needs to learn from this brother. He totally cracked me up with his presentation of the 12 housemates. Brilliant jokes-on-the-fly delivered with just the right amount of pantomime. I totally dig Kabelo!

The house looks fabulous. is that an indoor garden? I got the impression that the garden was covered. Or perhaps because it was night that's why i had that impression. The furniture is lovely leather. The colours are brilliant.  From the MTN Yellow of the housemates luggage and the innovative cooking range/dining table to the bold purple in the rooms to the brash red of the Store and Diary room doors, there are no shy colours in that house, i tell you.

The housemates themselves are a sight for sore eyes. First in was Kweku from Ghana, 30 year old entertainment consultant. This is one smooth operator, believe me. From his outfit to his accent to his general demeanor, he looks like he's going to be the lead male in the house. He spent a night in detention on his way into South Africa because they claimed he had a nigerian accent and couldn't provide evidence of his return date. How do you give evidence of your return date when you have no idea how long you're going to be in the house? He had a return ticket but it was an e-ticket but he wasn't allowed to access his email. Tough luck buddy.

Next was Malawi. Their representative is named Code. Yeah, that's right. Code as in Code-named. Dreadlocked guitar carrying, saliva spraying 31 year old broadcaster must have drenched the camera crew that filmed his profile with the voluble amounts of saliva that spewed forth from his mouth. But he's a fine boy sha and he and Kweku seemed to bond really quickly.

When i saw Richard from Tanzania, i thought "help! Its the attack of the dreadlocked hunks." The 25 year old film student is a great looker but is married already to an older woman(sadly for some of the female housemates, but we're getting ahead of ourselves) . Thinking boy-toy? Well, i thought so at first when i saw them kissing before he went into the house. But then he said she was 28, only three years older than him and i'm like, i'm sure he got her pregnant. but then he says they don't have kids yet. And i'm now really scratching my head. Why would a good looking 25 year old still in school with no means of livelihood decide to get married to an older woman? People, please say it with me: MONEY. The guy has got to be a golddigger. don't know anything about the wife but its the only explanation that makes any sense. I mean, someone's got to be paying the bills!!!

Jeff-Anthony from Kenya does 3000 pushups a day and i'm like "nigga, why?" The result is a hulking monster, black as hell and buff as you please. Pretty cool guy, handy in the kitchen. Tried to make a show of being a chef whereas he was completely clueless about cooking mushrooms. I can bet he's never cooked a mushroom in his entire life. The housemates noticed this but were merciful in dealing with it. I thought he was the eldest in the house but he turns around and says he's 23. The whole house was speechless. Some thought he was 45 and that's no exaggeration. I guess all those pushups can make you look really old.

Tatiana was the first chic into the house. The 26 year old model and actress from Angola made a really classy entrance doing her introduction in portuguese. Such a sexy accent. With a red dress and waif-like figure she stood out like a sore thumb among all the boys. And she is white. From her profile i thought she was going to be the boisterious one in the house, but i hadn't seen the others yet. Biggie had more in store.

I saw Meryl's boobs a good ninety seconds before i saw Meryl. The 21 year old Namibian had on a deeply cutaway dress that left her ample endowments in full view. Now, she was the boisterious one. All over the place with her loud (and sometimes insincere) laughter and her boobs in everyone's face, she became quite the cynosure of all eyes when she entered the house.

Naija girl Ofunneka arrived next. A real plain jane, the 29 year old Personal Assistant said in her profile that she has no problem with nudity then turned around to say she was shy about shower hour. Conflicting signals are never good in this kind of game. For now, she never represent Naija o, except for the attempt at some yahoozee on the dais with Kabelo. In the house she seems out of her depth, being relegated to a mere footnote in the unfolding story so far. We hope she picks up sha and asserts herself more in the coming days or else she'll be kicked out pretty soon.

Maureen from Uganda is a fashion designer who studied in India. A very pretty girl with the skinny figure of a model. At first she seemed shy, preferring to drink champagne and talk in muted tones with Ofunneka, but as soon as music came on, she shook it all off and took to the floor with Code for some mildly erotic dancing. She perked up pretty much after that and showed herself for a smart lively young lady.

Next was a really short brother from Botswana by the name of Justice. The 23 year old journalist is so short that he'd have to slam-dunk money into a vending machine. Kabelo teased him no end about his height but he seemed to take it with great equanimity, taking solace in that age-old mantra of short people "dynamite comes in small packages." He was ebullient and cheerful when he got into the house, but events would soon show that he still has a raw nerve when it comes to his height.

Lerato was next. The Soweto babe arrived in a hummer and wouldn't let us hear the end of it. She had said she was ready for sex in the house and i'm like, with your 50 inch waistline? Not likely. But she's definitely the livewire of the house. She reminds me of queen latifah, from the mannerisms to the gait to the accent to the,  i could go on and on. She and Meryl from Namibia banded together to become the purveyors of sexual innuendo in the house. Together they charged the atmosphere, asking for married and single people in the house to know who was fair game. They even proceeded to grope each other's breasts. Wow, i was surprised. I had expected this sort of thing but definitely not on the first day.

Maxwell from Zambia was next. 25 years old, he has a phobia for bathtubs. An irrational fear of bathtubs? Is there even a name for that phobia? He looks good but i really don't care for the accent. He appears to have fallen for Lerato, who appears to have fallen for Kweku who appears to have fallen for Tatiana,  boy. There are going to be issues in this house.

Rounding out the contestants was Bertha from Zimbabwe. The 28 year old lawyer arrived by helicopter. A homely looking girl with a voice of pure silver, she showed her skills during the awesome freestyling session where the housemates came up with their Big Brother Song. She's looking good for the cash if you ask me.

The freestyling session with Kweku, Code, Meryl and Lerato was really cool. With Code on the guitar and Kweku dropping rhymes with a certain languid ease, the girls tried to get into him with expletive ridden lyrics but he took it all and dished it all back out in true rap-mogul style. To think it was all unscripted made it all the more mindblowing. Lerato does a mean freestyle too, while Meryl was all about the insults. It was a pretty great first day but i had to get to sleep at some point because work dey.

Will get back to you guys with more gist.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tng(f): 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2007
Hey Lawyerchap
Nice write up as usual but i beg to differ on the naija gal- she didnt say she was ok with nudity; i think it was the ugandan gal. As for the tanzanian, i dont think he is a goldigger but you may never know. The is definitely going to be interesting.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2007
@tng
Good to see you again. But bro, she definitely said and i quote her exact words "How far would i go to win the prize money? Hmm. Hot guys, hot girls, whatever it takes. I'll make the guys chase after me.I'm hot too. i don't have a problem with nudity. I'll go the long haul."
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by coolkaboom(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2007
hey there lawyer chap,
this is such a brilliant write-up.i'm tempted to believe u control-pasted it off another source but if u truly did type this, u ought to be writin for some entertainment mag cos ur comments were to the point and precise.i however beg to defer on the naija babe, she's so forgettable i cant even remember her name.

out of all the brilliant upwardly mobile naija at home and in diaspora, y would BBA continue to put us out as wowo people.1st there was Bayo who totally messed up big time and now this, razz babe who can't hold her own in a monlogue.

if they could fish out quality blokes for Big BRO NAIJA (at least ebuka,katung and joseph were cool in my book),why now go for the least fancied option when we r supposed to be competin on a world stage. i sayb thios with all modesty , many people only relate to us based on the perceptions we put out in the media.our home videos lead peeps to think of us as cultists, criminals and yeye people.this is a platform that could help Africa and the rest of the world view us as serious individuals with plenty of promise.by not puttin our best materials forward, we've lost b4 the competition even started.

since when did it become okay to just use Naija to complete d puzzle without givin us a chance in hell to count d pepper?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tng(f): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2007
@lawyerchap
Serious ?! shocked with that body? My bad then. Anyway, it doesnt look like she is going to matter in the house

@coolkaboom
Na set up.them know say if them carry better person from naija, it would be countdown to him/her getting the pepper and them no want. See bayo with all the mess up stayed for nine wks. This one no go even reach like that. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread / Most Handsome Nigerian Actors / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.