Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (345700 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Merryzu:
@codedboy95 i am in the 10th week post interview for bluecard visa and still no word from the embassy. It is well and i still believe God will do it soonest. I hope you are enjoying Berlin?
I'm sure you will hear back from them this week or next ( at the most ), have you tried to call them? Also, ask your company HR to send a mail to them.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MintyChoccochip: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
Has anyone who booked appointments last year October received appointment date yet?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
Okay thank God, that's good, I wish them all the best.

integrator:

Yes, they will be given new appointment.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Merryzu: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2022
@codedboy95 I called them and they told me to send a mail to an address to ask for an update which i did 2days ago but still no response. I will wait till next week, if I don't hear from them, I will tell my HR to send a message to them. Please how did you handle your own case?
Codedboy95:
I'm sure you will hear back from them this week or next ( at the most ), have you tried to call them? Also, ask your HR to send a mail to them.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Codedboy95(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
Merryzu:
@codedboy95 I called them and they told me to send a mail to an address to ask for an update which i did 2days ago but still no response. I will wait till next week, if I don't hear from them, I will tell my HR to send a message to them. Please how did you handle your own case?

That exactly what I did, sent a mail and later called them. I am sure they see the mails but don't just respond to them. Yes, wait till next week to see if they call you for your visa.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2022
I have come to the conclusion that German family reunion process is really dependent on how ever the embassy wants to handle each person's case . Even with my preaproval already sent from Germany via post and email before my interview, my spouse has already registered our marriage in Germany and was formerly on blue card but now on Permanent residency,I was still asked to pay for lawyers verification and A1. I was really hoping all this will shorten the process.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2022
I have come to the conclusion that German family reunion process is really dependent on how ever the embassy wants to handle each person's case . Even with my preaproval already sent from Germany via post and email before my interview, my spouse had already registered our marriage in Germany and was formerly on blue card but now on Permanent residency,I was still asked to pay for lawyers verification and A1. I was really hoping all this will shorten the process.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ayonimofemi(f): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dynamicasset12:

Hello! I have similar case, I got married in Germany and my documents were verified in nigeria before my marriage was approved , so I was at the Lagos embassy a week ago for frv interview and the VO also said she confirmed I’ve been verified, my question is how long it took for your wife’s visa to be approved since she already skipped verification? Because my visa processing duration should be different from those that lawyer still needs to be visited, my opinion, I will appreciate your reply,
sane here ooo.how far any news from them
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ayonimofemi(f): 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dynamicasset12:

Hello! I have similar case, I got married in Germany and my documents were verified in nigeria before my marriage was approved , so I was at the Lagos embassy a week ago for frv interview and the VO also said she confirmed I’ve been verified, my question is how long it took for your wife’s visa to be approved since she already skipped verification? Because my visa processing duration should be different from those that lawyer still needs to be visited, my opinion, I will appreciate your reply,
how far have gotten any message from them.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pseudonomer: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2022
Babbbbbbbbby:
I have come to the conclusion that German family reunion process is really dependent on how ever the embassy wants to handle each person's case . Even with my preaproval already sent from Germany via post and email before my interview, my spouse has already registered our marriage in Germany and was formerly on blue card but now on Permanent residency,I was still asked to pay for lawyers verification and A1. I was really hoping all this will shorten the process.

Your husband is now on permanent residency is the reason the requirements changed for you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by lono22: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2022
Hi everyone, please how long does it take the Embassey to request for passport this days after the foreign office approves the visa.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Francexxo(f): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
If fast, 1 or 2 weeks. I have seen a case of 1 month.

lono22:
Hi everyone, please how long does it take the Embassey to request for passport this days after the foreign office approves the visa.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gracias112: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hello everyone, it my first time here even though this platform has been helpful for somebody like me. Pls what month are they for interview at the embassy now , I meant those that book their appointment last year.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Dynamicasset12(f): 1:53am On Oct 27, 2022
ayonimofemi:
how far have gotten any message from them.
No news
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Softy1407: 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2022
Good day all...Please I really need your help. My husband is a DAAD scholar, he travelled to Germany early this year. Early this month, he wrote a letter to the embassy in Nigeria to invite me for my visa interview but they replied that there are no more special appointments for family members of DAAD scholars or EU blue card holders. But I've read here that DAAD helps to fast track family members appointments...So please is there something we didn't do right? Or would DAAD need to write to the embassy first?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Dee222: 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2022
hello everyone, please is covid test still mandatory to enter Germany? Has anyone travelled recently?

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Justcul(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dee222:
hello everyone, please is covid test still mandatory to enter Germany? Has anyone travelled recently?

Not required for Germany
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by lono22: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
Dee222:

Has the embassy finally gotten to you?@Dee222
Please I have sent you a message.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by curious123: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please what month is being invited now? Has October received invites?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Dee222: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
ok thanks
Justcul:

Not required for Germany
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by olig(m): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
Good evening,
Please could one use Kayak for flight that is not originating from Nigeria and pay in Naira?
Eg, is is possible on kayak to book Germany to UK return tickets and make payment in Naira?

Thanks for your response.

Justcul:

If you are referring to prices displayed by wakanow (600k+) .. it's because they are using black market rates. Possibly due to current dollar scarcity..

Check via Kayak (https://www.kayak.com/) for better rates.

My 2 kobo grin
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Justcul(m): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
olig:
Good evening,
Please could one use Kayak for flight that is not originating from Nigeria and pay in Naira?
Eg, is is possible on kayak to book Germany to UK return tickets and make payment in Naira?

Thanks for your response.

Not sure bro. I can only tell what I know.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by kingsoncj: 12:33am On Nov 04, 2022
Softy1407:
Good day all...Please I really need your help. My husband is a DAAD scholar, he travelled to Germany early this year. Early this month, he wrote a letter to the embassy in Nigeria to invite me for my visa interview but they replied that there are no more special appointments for family members of DAAD scholars or EU blue card holders. But I've read here that DAAD helps to fast track family members appointments...So please is there something we didn't do right? Or would DAAD need to write to the embassy first?

Fasten your seatbelt to wait for one year, my wife have been waiting for 5months now even though am daad scholar.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2022
kingsoncj:

Fasten your seatbelt to wait for one year, my wife have been waiting for 5months now even though am daad scholar.

Crazy !!!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
We got our family reunion visa for my wife and kids. So glad we didn’t have to wait for an eternity. Here’s the timeline:

Applied for appointment - July 23, 2021
Got appointment date - August 10th 2022
Appointment - 6th September 2022
Email to submit passport & travel ins - 31st October 2022
Submitted passports - 31st October 2022
Got passports with visa and docs - 4th November 2022

Caveats
1. Myself, as the principal, is on a Blue Card in Germany, so there was no need for verification.
2. We had to call the Lagos consulate, write the LEA as well as the Federal Foreign Office due to health and safety issues of my family.
3. All documents checked out from the appointment, so that aided smooth transition.

Wish others still expecting good-luck and Godspeed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
zilonnn:
We got our family reunion visa for my wife and kids. So glad we didn’t have to wait for an eternity. Here’s the timeline:

Caveats
1. Myself, as the principal, is on a Blue Card in Germany, so there was no need for verification.
2. We had to call the Lagos consulate, write the LEA as well as the Federal Foreign Office due to health and safety issues of my family.
3. All documents checked out from the appointment, so that aided smooth transition.

Please can you provide more information on how you wrote the LEA and Federal Foreign Office?
Been waiting for 3 months post family reunion visa application and my Husband(A blue card holder) who’s already in Germany wrote to the embassy on my behalf a few weeks ago and they responded saying we’ve to wait for a year.
I’d appreciate any help you can render, please.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Softy1407: 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2022
Wunme:

Please can you provide more information on how you wrote the LEA and Federal Foreign Office?
Been waiting for 3 months post family reunion visa application and my Husband(A blue card holder) who’s already in Germany wrote to the embassy on my behalf a few weeks ago and they responded saying we’ve to wait for a year.

Same here too....My husband wrote and they said I'd wait one year...We were trying for children before he travelled ���
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2022
Wunme:

You should send a message via the contact form of the Auswärtige-Amt, and follow the details in the automatic response. See here: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/service/buergerservice-faq-kontakt/kontaktformular

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zilonnn: 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
But if it’s for appointment, you have to wait a year as they said.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ayonimofemi(f): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2022
Thanks,got your msg.how long is your interview now.quote author=Dynamicasset12 post=117905930]
No news[/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 05, 2022
Congratulations! That was fast.
zilonnn:

Caveats

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
zilonnn:

You should send a message via the contact form of the Auswärtige-Amt, and follow the details in the automatic response. See here: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/service/buergerservice-faq-kontakt/kontaktformular

Thanks for your kind response�

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.