Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (347650 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jbonito(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
Ahmed4002:

Yes, foreign office. 2 week's after the interview which was done in September.

It was super fast, I was schoked.

Wow that’s really cool. Glad for you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2022
Thank you

Ahmed4002:

The foreign office normally contact via Email.

Depending on the officer, some might request for a soft copy, while others would ask you to drop it on their post box.

All the best
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2022
GraceIsaac09:
Here's a list of questions. These are a mix of questions I was asked during my interview and others I found by going through the thread when preparing.

What is your spouse’s name?
How old is your spouse?
Where was your spouse born?
Spouse's date of birth?
Did you get your spouse something for his/her birthday?
What date did you & your spouse agree to start dating?
Were you friends before you started dating?
What year did your spouse first travel to Germany?
How long have your spouse's parents known about you?
Have you been to Germany before?
Have you been convicted before?
Have you been denied a visa to any country before?
Have either of you been married before?
How long did you date?
How long have you been married?
What does your spouse do?
Where does your spouse work?
How long has your spouse been residing in Germany?
How much does your spouse earn?
What is your spouse's home address in Germany?
What is your spouse’s favourite colour?
What is your spouse’s favourite food?
What is your favourite colour?
What is your favourite food?
When did the actual marriage take place?
Have you at any point stayed together in the same house? If yes, from when to when (date /month).
When was the last time you saw your spouse?
Where was the last time you saw your spouse?
How many times have you been together? 100? 350? Over 500 times?
Do you stay alone?
Are you working?
What qualifications do you have?
What were you doing when you met your spouse?
Can you briefly describe your first meeting in details?
When your spouse came home, did he/she come home for the sake of the marriage?
How did the marriage proposal go?
Have you had your church marriage?
Do you speak German?
Do you have children that you will like to travel with?
Where did your engagement take place?
When did your engagement take place?
Where did your marriage take place?
Did you do a church wedding?
Where did the wedding take place?

All the best.

Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by justt: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
This is true but sad!

My fellowship body (AvH) also just got back to me that Nigeria German Consulate informed them that there's now a change in family reunion visa application and so they will not be able to offer my wife language sponsorship along with me since she needs to wait for a minimum of 12 months before she can join me.

But why are Nigerians treated this way?

Ahmed4002:

It would be just a waste of time.

Embassy not to do entertain such request be it for DAAD scholars.
They would ask you to wait for one year.

No harm in trying Sha.

Two friends just did last week, and it was a negative feedback (Daad scholar and a blue card holder)

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adegbeanna(f): 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
You will get a date in December to come for interview in January
UCEKE:
Good day All,

Please has anyone gotten Appointment for those that applied in November 2021.

Please can someone who have gone for the interview share the interview questions.

I will appreciate response to the above
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adegbeanna(f): 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
Not me for my friend still waiting for mine
jbonito:

Wow that’s really cool. Glad for you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by TejuBash: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hello everyone,please,I'm processing my family reunion visa. Approval has been sent from the foreign office to the consulate since August 18th but up till now,they are yet to email me to submit my passport. Please is anyone also experiencing this and what can one do?. I have called several times,the customer care just keeps saying i should be patient, i have also sent several emails,no response. Pls i will appreciate any contribution. Thank you!!!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2022
jbonito:

German embassy is really incredible with how they handle these applications. It’s head-spinning at this point. Fingers crossed. Thank you for the information

Frankly, its a german thing generally. Everybody gets the rules mixed up and then attend to you as they please.

Just hope to find grace and favor with a good employee.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
justt:
This is true but sad!

My fellowship body (AvH) also just got back to me that Nigeria German Consulate informed them that there's now a change in family reunion visa application and so they will not be able to offer my wife language sponsorship along with me since she needs to wait for a minimum of 12 months before she can join me.

But why are Nigerians treated this way?

This is sad.

As at January when I updated about mine. A couple of people that mailed me privately tried it and they got dates on time and visas too.

I hate to say it but its not only a Nigerian thing, some other countries are affected too. Foreign offices are clogged especially with the Ukraine thing...

Plus, I think they really consider where you work or what body you are under.

In all, just try.. You never can tell.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MintyChoccochip: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
MintyChoccochip:
Please have people who registered last year October received appointment mails yet?

Could anyone please answer this?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 12:24am On Nov 18, 2022
Hello guys!

Please just clarify things. Is the highlighted document necessary for a family reunion visa with a pre-approval in place?

Also anyone that has gone for a family reunion interview recently can please list the required documents.

Thank you.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by IAD2020: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2022
Yes the highlighted document is necessary.

And as far as I know, this list you posted are all the required documents for a family reunion interview.

adeinfinit:
Hello guys!

Please just clarify things. Is the highlighted document necessary for a family reunion visa with a pre-approval in place?

Also anyone that has gone for a family reunion interview recently can please list the required documents.

Thank you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2022
IAD2020:
Yes the highlighted document is necessary.

And as far as I know, this list you posted are all the required documents for a family reunion interview.

Thanks for your response.

One of my parents can go the court to get this affidavit right?
Also, if you have a copy/draft, please share.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by IAD2020: 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
You're welcome.

Yes, you and one of your parents should go to the court to get this affidavit. Please go with yours and your parent's passport photo.
And sorry, I do not have a copy at the moment.

adeinfinit:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by TejuBash: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2022
TejuBash:
Hello everyone,please,I'm processing my family reunion visa. Approval has been sent from the foreign office to the consulate since August 18th but up till now,they are yet to email me to submit my passport. Please is anyone also experiencing this and what can one do?. I have called several times,the customer care just keeps saying i should be patient, i have also sent several emails,no response. Pls i will appreciate any contribution. Thank you!!!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MDEZIE(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2022
Hello Everyone,

For a Master’s student who is also working in Germany, does he need to block an account for the wife’s family reunion visa?

Please I need insight on this
Thanks

adeinfinit:
Hello guys!

Thank you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by osento(m): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hello Everyone
How can I withdrawal my application form the German embassy in Nigeria. After 1 year of interview no response. Please anyone knows how I can withdrawals my applications and get back my documents..
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
Good evening house.

Quick questions please.

What is the biometric specifications for passport photo?
What do I fill on the intended duration of stay in Germany?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MDEZIE(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2022
MDEZIE:
Hello Everyone,

For a Master’s student who is also working in Germany, does he need to block an account for the wife’s family reunion visa?

Please I need insight on this
Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please provide some clarity on this?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jbonito(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2022
MDEZIE:

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please provide some clarity on this?

Yes, as long as you’re a student, you’ll need a block account for family reunion. Job/salary requirements come into play when you’re a full time employee
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mat94(f): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2022
[quote author=TejuBash post=118492387][/quote] you should send them confirmation mail of the approved visa sent to you by foreign office
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hi there.
Here's the format I used and submitted during my interview in October '22.
Note that this is for the spouse here in Nigeria who is applying for the family reunion visa...I'm assuming that's you.
Please edit carefully in line with which parent is deposing to the affidavit. The parent deposing should go along with your passport and theirs as well.
You can also check online for others but be careful not to get this mixed up with the affidavit of spinsterhood/bachelorhood (the one signed for your application to the Marriage Registry).
My understanding of the affidavit of marital status is that it's to state that you are currently married to a certain person (and not that you've never been married line the affidavit of spinsterhood/bachelorhood).
All the best.

SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF MARITAL STATUS IN FAVOUR OF _____(your full name)____(nee ____maiden name if applicable___)

I, _____(parent's full name)____, ___(Male/Female)____, ____(religion)____, Nigerian Citizen, of ____________(address of parent)___________, Nigeria do hereby make an oath and state as follows:

1. That I am the above-named person whose photograph is attached herewith.

2. That I am the biological _____(mother/father)_____ of _____(your full name)____ (nee _______) who was born on the _____(your date of birth)____.

3. That my ____(daughter/son)____, _____(your full name)____ is legally married to _____(your spouse's full name)____ in accordance to the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

4. That the marriage contracted between _____(your full name)____ and _____(your spouse's full name)____ took place on the _____(date of marriage)____ at _____(place/location of marriage)____.

5. That my ____(daughter/son)____, _____(your full name)____ was never previously married to any _____(man/woman)____ nor did _____(she/he)____ bear any child from a previous marriage prior to _____(her/his)____ marriage to _____(your spouse's full name)____.

6. That this affidavit is now needed for record and official purposes.

7. That I make this affidavit in good faith, believing same to be true and correct in accordance with Oath Law of Lagos State, 2004.

adeinfinit:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
It's 35mm by 45mm.
This pdf file provides more insight.
https://www.germany.info/blob/906790/6e3eee9fd4d86e16aaefe0e92d809332/dd-sample-photos-data.pdf

For the duration of stay I put the date of my interview to long stay e.g. 21.11.2022 - Long stay.

adeinfinit:
Good evening house.

Quick questions please.

What is the biometric specifications for passport photo?
What do I fill on the intended duration of stay in Germany?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by adeinfinit(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
GraceIsaac09:
It's 35mm by 45mm.
This pdf file provides more insight.
https://www.germany.info/blob/906790/6e3eee9fd4d86e16aaefe0e92d809332/dd-sample-photos-data.pdf

For the duration of stay I put the date of my interview to long stay e.g. 21.11.2022 - Long stay.

Thank you very much
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MDEZIE(m): 5:38am On Nov 22, 2022
jbonito:

Yes, as long as you’re a student, you’ll need a block account for family reunion. Job/salary requirements come into play when you’re a full time employee

Thank you for the feedback
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MintyChoccochip: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Please does anyone have the format for writing the letter of consent for a minor? Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ahmed4002(m): 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
MintyChoccochip:
Please does anyone have the format for writing the letter of consent for a minor? Thank you

Yes. Both parents need to write.

Let me drop a format for you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by justt: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hello,
Does anyone know about any health insurance company that's a bit comprehensive (NOT travel insurance) and pocket-friendly?

I'm looking at International Healthcare Company, especially the Flexmed Global Impat Tariff option (starts @ €189/month

and

Continentale Krankenversicherung a.G. (€190/month).

Has anyone used any of these before?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jamexonline(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
A friend from October 2021 got last week, so hopefully you've also gotten now.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jamexonline(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2022
A friend from October 2021 got last week, so hopefully you've also gotten now.
MintyChoccochip:

Could anyone please answer this?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Smart112: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hey guys,

My bluecard visa application was denied and with a right to appeal. So I chose the appeal process.

I sent the appeal since August 5 and this is more than 3 months.

Anyone here knows why this takes this long and any advice on what to do.

Please I am literally going crazy. Thanks in advance.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2022
Appeal/remonstration takes more time, even longer than the initial visa application, except in short stay visa. The best way to appeal is by using a lawyer. Works faster that way. But again, these people can't be predicted. Best of luck.

Smart112:
Hey guys,

My bluecard visa application was denied and with a right to appeal. So I chose the appeal process.

I sent the appeal since August 5 and this is more than 3 months.

Anyone here knows why this takes this long and any advice on what to do.

Please I am literally going crazy. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.