Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (346516 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 9:23pm On May 22, 2023
Ahmed4002:

Please Hold on, until the embassy request for the change of name.

Don't complicate issues for yourself.

Ok. Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 9:25pm On May 22, 2023
Oracle12:

Go a head and process your change of name on passport. If it comes out before you are asked to submit your passport at the embassy, submit both, but let them know one is old and the visa should be on the new one. Its really a very easy matter, nothing to worry about.

Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 9:27pm On May 22, 2023
Babbbbbbbbby:

Nothing yet at mine too.

Na wa ooo😭
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 9:31pm On May 22, 2023
Children of God a friend of mine with two kids
had her interview in March. Her lawyer visited her two weeks ago. I am so heart broken. 💔💔💔. Na who we offend? cry
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by heybaby12(f): 11:10pm On May 22, 2023
Bonn2007:
Hello dear,

I have been meticulously following all directions but the system hasn't been releasing new interview slots for tourist visa at all. Upon enquiry they say they are fully book. Kind of confused. Can anyone please help??
Thanks.

You have to be there at the dot of midnight ( German time not Nigerian).

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 11:18pm On May 22, 2023
Thanks a bunch. Understanding that it is german midnight being referred to, is the catch. God bless you.
heybaby12:

You have to be there at the dot of midnight ( German time not Nigerian).
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 11:48am On May 23, 2023
Please what is legalization of marriage certificate.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Gentiejag(f): 3:25pm On May 23, 2023
Ahmed4002:

Who is the family member exactly?

Did you put his name on your visa application form.

On the visa application form, there is a SPace for Family member to Visit.

did you put that person name?

It's a Tourist visa.

Try to file a declaration of commitment for the person.

Make sure the person have a strong ties back home, like a steady job, account balance, properties, family ties back home.

For elderly ones, it's easy to bring them.

But, if that relative is just a young Chap and do not some thing at hand

Forget it.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 3:27pm On May 23, 2023
Ahmed4002:

Who is the family member exactly?

Did you put his name on your visa application form.

On the visa application form, there is a SPace for Family member to Visit.

did you put that person name?

It's a Tourist visa.

Try to file a declaration of commitment for the person.

Make sure the person have a strong ties back home, like a steady job, account balance, properties, family ties back home.

For elderly ones, it's easy to bring them.

But, if that relative is just a young Chap and do not some thing at hand

Forget it.

Thanks so much. Its actually my parents.

Hopefully, it will be easy like you said cos German matter sabi choke sometimes....
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by freedomtours(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2023
UCEKE:
Please what is legalization of marriage certificate.

It means signing or authenticating the marriage certificate at the ministry of foreign affairs here in Abuja.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 10:07pm On May 23, 2023
Unfortunately, you have not sent us the complete documents. Please pick this up:

The legalisation of your marriage certificate (unfortunately, you only sent us the marriage certificate again, but we need the legalisation of it)

Proof of income March to May 2023

Rent June 2023

Lease agreement which is still valid for at least 12 months

We received the above request from the foreign office in Germany. Please who else have received such request and didn’t the request for legalization from you or it is a new requirement?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MrKcc: 10:50pm On May 23, 2023
Evening Everyone,
Can i book an re-union appoint for my wife-to-be with her passport that currently bears her maiden name, so that the time for appointment start ticking?
Cause I can see the waiting till is a lot
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oracle12: 4:59am On May 24, 2023
MrKcc:
Evening Everyone,
Can i book an re-union appoint for my wife-to-be with her passport that currently bears her maiden name, so that the time for appointment start ticking?

Yes
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 8:05am On May 24, 2023
MrKcc:
Evening Everyone,
I saw someone writing here I can't remember when exactly,should be number 100 and something that his wife was denied because the were not yet married when he applied for appointment and they were asked to go back and reapply and wait. If I'm not mistaken I saw that some where here.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Zluky: 8:16am On May 24, 2023
UCEKE:
Unfortunately, you have not sent us the complete documents. Please pick this up:

The legalisation of your marriage certificate (unfortunately, you only sent us the marriage certificate again, but we need the legalisation of it)

Proof of income March to May 2023

Rent June 2023

Lease agreement which is still valid for at least 12 months

We received the above request from the foreign office in Germany. Please who else have received such request and didn’t the request for legalization from you or it is a new requirement?

If the document was issued in Nigeria, that is the whole essence of verification. Kindly refer to this from the German Embassy's website.

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/verification-of-nigerian-documents/1015552

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 9:06am On May 24, 2023
Zluky:

If the document was issued in Nigeria, that is the whole essence of verification. Kindly refer to this from the German Embassy's website.

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/verification-of-nigerian-documents/1015552

this was requested by the German Authority. I don’t even know again because am yet to get a lawyer, so I don’t know if they don’t need the lawyer again.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jbonito(m): 9:20am On May 24, 2023
Babbbbbbbbby:

I saw someone writing here I can't remember when exactly,should be number 100 and something that his wife was denied because the were not yet married when he applied for appointment and they were asked to go back and reapply and wait. If I'm not mistaken I saw that some where here.

That cannot be correct. As long as you’re married by the date of interview, no one cares.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MrKcc: 9:35am On May 24, 2023
Hmmm alright. So she can use her current passport and name to register but we must be married before the interview and document submission?
Cause that is our plan as I'm currently in Germany but planning to come back to do the needful late this year
jbonito:

That cannot be correct. As long as you’re married by the date of interview, no one cares.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oracle12: 9:38am On May 24, 2023
MrKcc:
Hmmm alright. So she can use her current passport and name to register but we must be married before the interview and document submission?
Cause that is our plan as I'm currently in Germany but planning to come back to do the needful late this year

Works all the time. That is your best bet to reduce the wait time.

Cheers!
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jbonito(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2023
MrKcc:

Yea. As soon as you get married, let her do the change of name and get the new passport carrying your surname before she heads for the interview with the necessary affidavits and newspaper publications. You’ll save plenty time.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MrKcc: 9:48am On May 24, 2023
Alright Awesome
Thanks
Will do so.
jbonito:

Yea. As soon as you get married, let her do the change of name and get the new passport carrying your surname before she heads for the interview with the necessary affidavits and newspaper publications. You’ll save plenty time.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bukky098: 3:03pm On May 25, 2023
Goof afternoon my good people. Please I have a question which and I really need directions.

My wife had her interview on the 24th of April, she didn't submit her A1 exam because she was told she could submit later. Today, she got a call from a delivery man (dhl) that she has a message from the embassy. We are now concerned as to why are we receiving documents so quickly? Although we are yet to know the content of the message, she is also not present in the state where she can rush to get the documents. We are just anxious, please can we get clues as what may likely happen? Does anyone has similar experience?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oracle12: 3:56pm On May 25, 2023
Bukky098:
Goof afternoon my good people. Please I have a question which and I really need directions.

My wife had her interview on the 24th of April, she didn't submit her A1 exam because she was told she could submit later. Today, she got a call from a delivery man (dhl) that she has a message from the embassy. We are now concerned as to why are we receiving documents so quickly? Although we are yet to know the content of the message, she is also not present in the state where she can rush to get the documents. We are just anxious, please can we get clues as what may likely happen? Does anyone has similar experience?

Thanks in anticipation

This is not a good sign, seems like a rejection. You can appeal though if it is a rejection. Was it a family reunion visa?

What is your own resident status?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bukky098: 4:45pm On May 25, 2023
Oracle12:

We are yet to get hold of the documents up till now though. Yeah, it's a family reunion. I will be starting a full time work from next month. I just applied for my work permit, switching from study permit.

This is not a good sign, seems like a rejection. You can appeal though if it is a rejection. Was it a family reunion visa?

What is your own resident status?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 10:32pm On May 25, 2023
Hello house. Please has any January 2023 applicant for family reunion gotten a lawyer for verification yet?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by UCEKE: 11:12pm On May 25, 2023
FrauPosh:
Hello house. Please has any January 2023 applicant for family reunion gotten a lawyer for verification yet?

No.. we only received a message from the home office in Germany requesting for some documents from my spouse.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Zluky: 12:00am On May 26, 2023
Is anyone waiting on the embassy after lawyer's visit? Lawyer came in March. Ausländerbehörde contact person says they are waiting for the embassy. Emails to embassy never replied.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 8:32am On May 26, 2023
UCEKE:

No.. we only received a message from the home office in Germany requesting for some documents from my spouse.

Ok. I haven't heard anything yet too from anywhere. Thanks for responding.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jbonito(m): 8:49am On May 26, 2023
[quote author=Bukky098 post=123362790][/quote]

I think you should receive the documents and confirm what’s contained (if we are speculating, it’s probably a rejection). However, even student’s spouses don’t get rejected for family reunion from Lagos, normally the determination has to get to the ABH in Germany before they reject. This seems too quick. If a key document was missing, this would have been pointed out to your spouse during the interview.
You’ll need to see the content of that delivery to know how best to proceed.

4 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by dpamou: 10:36am On May 26, 2023
Our senior colleagues. Where do we find our lawyer from bikonu. This is 6 months and counting waiting for lawyer. Make una help us oh .

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 11:40am On May 26, 2023
dpamou:
Our senior colleagues. Where do we find our lawyer from bikonu. This is 6 months and counting waiting for lawyer. Make una help us oh .

This isn't funny anymore.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 9:00pm On May 27, 2023
dpamou:

dpamou:

dpamou:

Most of the lawyers are now doing social work in the UK through study visa. Gone are the days when they have lots of lawyers available to take up the job of verification. Insecurities are also cause of delays too.
If dem hold German lawyer for ransom na his family dey responsible o, not German embassy, so everyone is using their brain.

The lawyer that verified me said he’s no longer practicing, he’s looking for visa to travel now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.