Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (346186 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by timilolu: 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
Did your submit your passport?
thibcyrain:
My resumption date was suppose to be december 15. Although my employers have extended to February. This was after extending to January.

I hope they get back to us soon.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by thibcyrain: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
They have not requested for my passport at all. I have only gone for an appointment and they asked me to submit some documents since then i have not heard from them.

The support guys are not also helpful with the response they give
timilolu:
Did your submit your passport?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2022
Aj79:

other nationals are going through this delays too...i am on a facebook group and some middle east countries take longer than nig

Abeg which national is dis, cos what I knw is dat this pple suffer we Nigerians I say so wt reasons cos two of my hubby's colleagues at work , one's wife relocated to Togo ,she was lucky to get their residence permit there, den started d family reunion process , there u dnt wait up to a yr lyk Nigerian own , she said u get to choose ur appiontment date ,even if u wnt it d nxt day dat it's possible , d other of my hubby's colleagues wife in Bangladesch started dis family reunion process October last yr, her visit came out yesterday , this and many more stories I hear and see and it's absolutely clear dat it's jst d embassy being wicked to Nigerians cos they knw there's nothing we can do

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by stellina22: 10:35am On Jan 13, 2022
Pls what’s your wife’s serial number
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2022
Biggybee:
Goodmorning everyone,

I have read this page back to back over the night and I am extremely grateful for sharing your experiences and all the help.

My husband relocated to germany and i am just upset with myself that out of all the research i thought i did to aid my joining him, it didn't occur to me to check nairaland.

I would have simply been on the booking appointment list same time he booked his visa... That will have meant i would have gotten a date for this December... Hmmm

Chai, e still dey pain me..

Please DAAD Scholars (or spouses), Can You share the invitation letter you got from DAAD that hastened the process? You can leave out personal details on the letter please.

My Husband works at a research institute and we are trying to get the HR to give me an invitation letter, we want to show him that other academic/scholarly bodies do it also.

He has a blue card, a living space, the Federal employment agency document, and his salary is within the needed range.

Please i beg you, help me.
We are trying for babies and time isn't on our side.

Thanks all.

I have gotten my visa.

Initial booking: June 15,2021

Sending of mail by us for a reschedule: Nov. 8,2021

Mail for interview appointment:Nov. 12,2021

Interview date: December 16, 2021

Mail to send passport and travel insurance: Jan 03, 2022

Dropping of passport at Embassy: January 06,2022

Visa delivered: January 12, 2022.

I can't speak Deutch neither did i have a language proficiency cert.

I didn't change my passport from my maiden name.

I wasn't asked to bring more documents or replace any.

To God alone be the glory!

9 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
mercy444:

Abeg which national is dis, cos what I knw is dat this pple suffer we Nigerians I say so wt reasons cos two of my hubby's colleagues at work , one's wife relocated to Togo ,she was lucky to get their residence permit there, den started d family reunion process , there u dnt wait up to a yr lyk Nigerian own , she said u get to choose ur appiontment date ,even if u wnt it d nxt day dat it's possible , d other of my hubby's colleagues wife in Bangladesch started dis family reunion process October last yr, her visit came out yesterday , this and many more stories I hear and see and it's absolutely clear dat it's jst d embassy being wicked to Nigerians cos they knw there's nothing we can do
I have a colleague here in Germany who is from Tanzania and has been trying to bring his wife to join him, they face the same problem. Truth is Germany do this to everyone National that are not from the US, Switzerland, the UK and other European countries. It’s not just to Nigerians only.
And it’s mandatory for other Nationals that are not native German speakers to undertake their integration courses before residing fully in Germany.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
Congratulation Madam,

Yes, your visa was processed fast because your husband is a DAAD scholar, he possed AufenthG 18d residence permit, a host agreement from Federal employment agency. Also, a your marriage existed before he relocate to Germany, hence no need for verification. Therefore, it is fast as expected, congratulation once again.

I have gotten my visa.

To God alone be the glory! [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2022
MolecularSponge:
Congratulation Madam,

Yes, your visa was processed fast because your husband is a DAAD scholar, he possed AufenthG 18d residence permit, a host agreement from Federal employment agency. Also, a your marriage existed before he relocate to Germany, hence no need for verification. Therefore, it is fast as expected, congratulation once again.

Thank you...
But No sir/ma.
My husband is NOT a DAAD scholar.

The only thing we did was we used the DAAD method. A spouse of a DAAD scholar here was gracious enough to tell me what the content of the letter they take to the embassy was. (SHOUT OUT TO YOU MA.. THANKS!!!)

My spouse then approached the HR at his office to give us a letter to the embassy.

They wrote a letter stating his name, my name, that i was his wife, my passport number, the residence permit he has, his work capacity, how much he earns and that he is able to put me under his insurance , sustain me and put me in a language school over there. They also added that they would want me to join him by January 2022.

All of this was typed on a letter in deutsch with their own letterhead which we mailed the embassy with (this got us a date for interview). I also took a hard copy of same letter to the embassy for my interview, even though it wasn't requested(the interviewer was quite rude), i made sure i dropped it off.

I don't know how helpful this is but please if your SPOUSE ain't a scholar but works. PLEASE LET YOUR SPOUSE TRY AND APPROACH THE HR AT HIS WORKPLACE FOR A LETTER.

I don't think the marriage date affected verification though... Afterall, going through the thread has shown that marriage prior travel didn't stop people from the long wait or verification. I think since the letter from my spouse's workplace already called me his wife, they just agreed that it was.

Thanks again sir/ma.

Sidenote: Now that you bring up the aspect of no verification, can i ask for a refund? Cos i paid the 150k for verification o. Money scarce grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 4:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
Thanks for the clearification, I think there is level to this things... My friend has a permanent residence permit with a work salary of 45K per annum. They are still on the queue waiting for appintment since December 2020. In my opinion, dont ask for the refund of verification fee, normally it was supposed to given to the law firm that will visit you to verified your marriage and document. Since they didnt come to verified your marriage probably because it existed before your husband traveled, they might independently be verifying your documents. Beside, it is there duty to refund you if it is not required.
Biggybee:

Thank you...
But No sir/ma.
My husband is NOT a DAAD scholar.

The only thing we did was we used the DAAD method. A spouse of a DAAD scholar here was gracious enough to tell me what the content of the letter they take to the embassy was. (SHOUT OUT TO YOU MA.. THANKS!!!)

My spouse then approached the HR at his office to give us a letter to the embassy.

They wrote a letter stating his name, his work capacity, how much he earns and that he is able to put me under his insurance , sustain me and put me in a language school over there. They also added that they would want me to join him by January 2022.

All of this was typed on a letter in deutsch with their own letterhead which we mailed the embassy with (this got us a date for interview). I also took a hard copy of same letter to the embassy for my interview, even though it wasn't requested(the interviewer was quite rude), i made sure i dropped it off.

I don't know how helpful this is but please if your SPOUSE ain't a scholar but works. PLEASE LET YOUR SPOUSE TRY AND APPROACH THE HR AT HIS WORKPLACE FOR A LETTER.

I don't think the marriage date affected verification though... Afterall, going through the thread has shown that marriage prior travel didn't stop people from the long wait or verification. I think since the letter from my spouse's workplace already called me his wife, they just agreed that it was.

Thanks again sir/ma.

Sidenote: Now that you bring up the aspect of no verification, can i ask for a refund? Cos i paid the 150k for verification o. Money scarce grin
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2022
Please, for those people that lawyer came for verification in November 2021. Have anybody received a verification completed email from the embassy?. Also, does anyone knows the duration of waiting to receive a verification completed email after the lawyer has reported back to the embassy?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2022
MolecularSponge:
Thanks for the clearification, I think there is level to this things... My friend has a permanent residence permit with a work salary of 45K per annum. They are still on the queue waiting for appintment since December 2020. In my opinion, dont ask for the refund of verification fee, normally it was supposed to given to the law firm that will visit you to verified your marriage and document. Since they didnt come to verified your marriage probably because it existed before your husband traveled, they might independently be verifying your documents. Beside, it is there duty to refund you if it is not required.

Well, maybe the place where the spouse works also matters. But one cannot be certain unless one tries..
That's why i think everyone should just try all they can, pray hard and hope for the best.

Let your friend's spouse speak to the HR at his workplace, tell them he has a family back home and the distance is affecting him psychologically and could affect his output at work.
If its a standard place, they would listen and try to help out.
I think the Embassy respects documents that originate from their people/Country.

My thoughts have always been that if people on scholarship who are (supposed)to be there for 3 years or less can get an exemption to these long & emotionally straining process. Why shouldn't people who are there for longer, contributing intellectually, returning tax and helping their economy get an exemption too?

Still, I wish everyone speed and God's favor. Good news soon.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
Please I have the following inquiries to make from you guys.

After the lawyer has visited you during the verification process, does he still goes ahead to request the statements of your witnesses/siblings independently?

How long does it take in average for the lawyer to submit his verification findings to the embassy?

Incase the lawyer outrightly gives you a body language of wanting you to bribe him hugely (outlining and listing travel expenses involved to verify your documents) and you aren't complying totally and he thereby acts nonchalant to your case. What can one actually do?

P.S The lawyer has been on this case since beginning November, till now no finalisation in view.

Please advise me. Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ganesass: 6:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Has anyone reported these demands by lawyers for bribes to the German authorities? What was the outcome?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Josinobirian(m): 9:18am On Jan 14, 2022
Ganesass:
Has anyone reported these demands by lawyers for bribes to the German authorities? What was the outcome?

If you report them you’re delaying yourself better still when you get your visa then you can report them don’t do it after
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by GraceIsaac09: 9:56am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations!!!

Biggybee:

I have gotten my visa.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by curious123: 10:42am On Jan 14, 2022
Congrats. Super happy for you. Pls can I contact you. Kind of in the same situation and need clarity

Biggybee:

I have gotten my visa.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2022
curious123:
Congrats. Super happy for you. Pls can I contact you. Kind of in the same situation and need clarity

Please go ahead and reach out.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
Ganesass:
The recommendation from those lawyers has an impact on your application, be diplomatic, when they ask for something, simply say you don’t have. Hunting them May just put you in jeopardy
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by QueenieDar(f): 1:22am On Jan 15, 2022
Bonn2007:
Hello y'all,

Please has someone here ever applied for a Visiting Visa to Germany while awaiting a Family reunion visa for Germany?

Thanks.

Is your spouse an EU citizen?
If yes you can get visiting visa free of charge and fast. Also it's rarely denied.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by QueenieDar(f): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2022
nuel80:

With a visitors visa to Germany, I can’t really advice rather, I can encourage you to give it a try. I guess Germany tends to be very difficult in this case. Before I join my wife, I applied for a touristic visa three times between 2017 and 2019 with strong ties to Nigeria which includes but not limited to C of O to my house, my business and tax documents, letters of good conduct and recommendations from both my former bosses and socialites, a serving member of one of the political party in Germany who happens to be a member of my club (Rotary international) also gave me a letter of recommendation but they still find reasons to deny me the visas. Their reasons are always that they are not convinced I will return back. Since I joined my wife, I have not spend complete 8 months in Germany, so I don’t know what their reasons can be. They have coconut head.
Just give it a try and stay on the positive part. Good luck.

Thanks! I got the schengen visa and it was fast (7 days), though not from Germany.. thanks again this made me research deeper

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
Nice, Congratulation...Please, I would like to message you to make some enquiries. Thanks
QueenieDar:

Thanks! I got the schengen visa and it was fast (7 days), though not from Germany.. thanks again this made me research deeper
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Josinobirian(m): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
QueenieDar:

Is your spouse an EU citizen?
If yes you can get visiting visa free of charge and fast. Also it's rarely denied.

The fact that your spouse is already in Germany is a red flag they won’t give you visa almost impossible

4 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Josinobirian(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Better apply for another schengen country tourist visa
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by amEmmy(f): 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Please I need assistance.

My mum recently retired from civil service and we are looking to get a germany visa for family visits.

Now she can't fit into the employed requirements, so I am not sure on how to go about it.

Please advice anyone
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 10:35pm On Jan 15, 2022
Please which schengen country did you apply to
QueenieDar:

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by QueenieDar(f): 1:59am On Jan 16, 2022
Josinobirian:

The fact that your spouse is already in Germany is a red flag they won’t give you visa almost impossible

Yes but you can get visa to travel on vacation with your EU spouse in any other schengen countries aside the one he's staying.. the visa is issued free and fast
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by zutu(m): 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2022
Sam8850:
I called the Embassy and they said I'll get it by next week.

Very optimistic, I'm supposed to resume work next Monday.

good afternoon brother.
please I will love us to chat privately. ... isiagu29@gmail.com. thank you in advance.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by amEmmy(f): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
amEmmy:
Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Please I need assistance.

My mum recently retired from civil service and we are looking to get a germany visa for family visits.

Now she can't fit into the employed requirements, so I am not sure on how to go about it.

Please advice anyone

Hi nairalanders.

Please I need advice on German Visa application for retiree for visitation.

Regards
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Aj79: 4:50am On Jan 17, 2022
amEmmy:

Hi nairalanders.

Please I need advice on German Visa application for retiree for visitation.

Regards

pls could you guy give more detials like who you are visting, the persons status here, and how many of you want to visit/apply for visa, etc?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Afrigoodexpress(f): 5:05am On Jan 17, 2022
Biggybee:

I have gotten my visa.

Thank God for you..
Please kindly check your Dm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.