Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (345914 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 17, 2022
H

Biggybee:

I have gotten my visa.

Initial booking: June 15,2021

Sending of mail by us for a reschedule: Nov. 8,2021

Mail for interview appointment:Nov. 12,2021

Interview date: December 16, 2021

Mail to send passport and travel insurance: Jan 03, 2022

Dropping of passport at Embassy: January 06,2022

Visa delivered: January 12, 2022.

I can't speak Deutch neither did i have a language proficiency cert.

I didn't change my passport from my maiden name.

I wasn't asked to bring more documents or replace any.

To God alone be the glory!

4 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by seunoni34(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2022
Chessbaby:
Thanks, like how much are we talking about?
Like 45k per night
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Myfavour22: 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hello house,
My interview date is next month please must I have the A1 certification in German or is there anyway I can go about this, I’m really confused here.
Also, please can someone share the spinsterhood affidavit format (I hope I got that right)
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jbonito(m): 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2022
Myfavour22:
Hello house,
My interview date is next month please must I have the A1 certification in German or is there anyway I can go about this, I’m really confused here.
Also, please can someone share the spinsterhood affidavit format (I hope I got that right)

Please when did you apply for your interview? Trying to confirm what month they are up to now.
Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Josinobirian(m): 12:09am On Jan 18, 2022
Myfavour22:
Hello house,

You’ll need to submit the A1 Cert later before you get your visa except your spouse is an Eu bluecard holder

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Josinobirian(m): 12:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Myfavour22:
Hello house,

Spinsterhood Cert should be don by any of your parent

And he or she must swear that before this date you were never married before and so on you’re not to do it yoursef
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Myfavour22: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2022
jbonito:

Please when did you apply for your interview? Trying to confirm what month they are up to now.
Thanks
Jan 2021
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Myfavour22: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2022
Josinobirian:

You’ll need to submit the A1 Cert later before you get your visa except your spouse is an Eu bluecard holder
Thanks a lot
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Myfavour22: 8:55am On Jan 18, 2022
Josinobirian:

Spinsterhood Cert should be don by any of your parent

And he or she must swear that before this date you were never married before and so on you’re not to do it yoursef
Okay, but does it have a particular format to follow or it’s just to go to the court?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Myfavour22:

Okay, but does it have a particular format to follow or it’s just to go to the court?

Just tell a lawyer you want to swear affidavit of spinsterhood. Your State High court will do.

Your head of house will be the one to swear it.

That you were not married to anyone else before your current spouse and you were not married before the date on your wedding certificate.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mrbigman1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
mercy444:

If there is sometin I learnt from dis delay is dat d embassy cn delay bt u also hv foregin offices in Germany here dat also delay lyk Bremen, Munich, essen ( dis r d ones I knw) . Their foregin offices cn delay u especially if u hv issues ,so in all u hv to EXERCISE ALOT OF PATIENCE , borrow patience If u dnt hv . Tnkz

My foreign office sent an email in October which my wife forwarded to the embassy. The email indicated that I have been cleared.
Bad enough, phone number of the embassy website is not going through since December.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mrbigman1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2022
bashito:
Just wow! Since May? And nothing from them? Do you have incomplete documents issue? Which state in Germany is your wife please? I'm just getting scared!

Everything is cleared. Nothing has ever been hanging.

I don’t know why they keep delaying my application. It’s crazy
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Mrbigman1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
nuel80:

I have a colleague here in Germany who is from Tanzania and has been trying to bring his wife to join him, they face the same problem. Truth is Germany do this to everyone National that are not from the US, Switzerland, the UK and other European countries. It’s not just to Nigerians only.
And it’s mandatory for other Nationals that are not native German speakers to undertake their integration courses before residing fully in Germany.

This is not totally true.
Cameronians bring their spouses as fast as three months from application.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Hello house...Please, for those that lawyer came for verification in November 2021. Have anybody received a verification completed email from the embassy?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
The statement about Cameroonians ISN'T TRUE. They also go through the lengthy process as Nigerians in most cases.
Few Africans irrespective of nationality might have been lucky to experience a swift process.
Mrbigman1:

This is not totally true.
Cameronians bring their spouses as fast as three months from application.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
The main applicant should contact them via the contact on their website.
Mrbigman1:

My foreign office sent an email in October which my wife forwarded to the embassy. The email indicated that I have been cleared.
Bad enough, phone number of the embassy website is not going through since December.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
I am aswell interested in getting replies to this question.

Please after the lawyer's visit during the verification process, did the lawyer go to your respective primary, secondary schools, unversity , place of birth for further verifications

MolecularSponge:
Hello house...Please, for those that lawyer came for verification in November 2021. Have anybody received a verification completed email from the embassy?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Boscojugunu(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
How and where can I learn German
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adegbeanna(f): 8:52am On Jan 19, 2022
Biggybee:

Thank you...
But No sir/ma.
My husband is NOT a DAAD scholar.

The only thing we did was we used the DAAD method. A spouse of a DAAD scholar here was gracious enough to tell me what the content of the letter they take to the embassy was. (SHOUT OUT TO YOU MA.. THANKS!!!)

My spouse then approached the HR at his office to give us a letter to the embassy.

They wrote a letter stating his name, my name, that i was his wife, my passport number, the residence permit he has, his work capacity, how much he earns and that he is able to put me under his insurance , sustain me and put me in a language school over there. They also added that they would want me to join him by January 2022.

All of this was typed on a letter in deutsch with their own letterhead which we mailed the embassy with (this got us a date for interview). I also took a hard copy of same letter to the embassy for my interview, even though it wasn't requested(the interviewer was quite rude), i made sure i dropped it off.

I don't know how helpful this is but please if your SPOUSE ain't a scholar but works. PLEASE LET YOUR SPOUSE TRY AND APPROACH THE HR AT HIS WORKPLACE FOR A LETTER.

I don't think the marriage date affected verification though... Afterall, going through the thread has shown that marriage prior travel didn't stop people from the long wait or verification. I think since the letter from my spouse's workplace already called me his wife, they just agreed that it was.

Thanks again sir/ma.

Sidenote: Now that you bring up the aspect of no verification, can i ask for a refund? Cos i paid the 150k for verification o. Money scarce grin

Good Morning. Please can I send you an email, I have some questions to ask you. The format of the letter. Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Dee222: 9:39am On Jan 19, 2022
Lawyer came in November and I haven't heard from the embassy either. So frustrating.

MolecularSponge:
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Adegbeanna:

Good Morning. Please can I send you an email, I have some questions to ask you. The format of the letter. Thanks

Please go ahead.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adegbeanna(f): 4:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Biggybee:

Please go ahead.

Thanks a lot for your response.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by BigBoy123: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Sent you an email. I just spoke to my HR and they want a format to the letter. Please can you check your mails and reply?

Biggybee:

Please go ahead.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bigby007: 9:43am On Jan 20, 2022
Hello House,

My family and I presently work and live in Nigeria and I just got a job contract). The travel agency supporting my and family's relocation will process fast track. Please I have a few questions with regards to the documents needed for appointment:
1. Can someone please share with me template for 'Motivation letter'
2. For spouse application, they requested affidavit deposed by father stating no marriage prior - how do we go about this.
3. They also requested marriage and family photos - we only have soft copies of these. Can we print on normal A4 or should we do photo prints?
4. For children application forms and declaration- how do we sign since they are Under 5 years and don't have that, can we just use their initials?
5. Still on children, do we need to provide:
a. registration of birth of the hospital and name/address of the clinic since we are providing NPC?
b. all school records, nursery records and names/addresses of schools attended - are these necessary/mandatory since they are U5?
6. Lastly, how long will the processing for my family take since we are applying together?

Thank you very much as you respond.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ijaiya007: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2022
Bigby007:
Hello House,

My family and I presently work and live in Nigeria and I just got a job contract). The travel agency supporting my and family's relocation will process fast track. Please I have a few questions with regards to the documents needed for appointment:
2. For spouse application, they requested affidavit deposed by father stating no marriage prior - how do we go about this.
3. They also requested marriage and family photos - we only have soft copies of these. Can we print on normal A4 or should we do photo prints?
4. For children application forms and declaration- how do we sign since they are Under 5 years and don't have that, can we just use their initials?
a. registration of birth of the hospital and name/address of the clinic since we are providing NPC?
b. all school records, nursery records and names/addresses of schools attended - are these necessary/mandatory since they are U5?
6. Lastly, how long will the processing for my family take since we are applying together?

Firstly, i do not think you need an agency. Or better still, i don't know if any agency can fast track anything for you. The German embassy deals so much on a personal level that i am not sure agencies help to give any "Special effect"

Let me help answer the ones i can.

2. Let your wife's father (mother or head of family if he is late) Go to any high court in your state and ask a lawyer to help with "Affidavit of Spinsterhood". The content will be that your wife has never been married to anyone else before you and before your wedding date.
At every point a person's name is mentioned in the affidavit , state their full name, age and address.

3. Do photo prints.. I made only 4 copies(showing that we were in court and the ones we took with parents and witnesses) but in the end i wasn't even asked. But do it, just in case they ask you.

4. Use their thumbprint.

5. If they ask for the hospital in the application form, write it there. But the NPC certificate is definitely needed.
b. Take them along just to be safe, it might not be needed at the end but take it.

6. This is based on so many factors. I remember there was a guy who had preapproval and it took his family 4 months altogether. For some, they had to wait longer. But maybe not as long as those that don't have preapproval.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bigby007: 9:13am On Jan 21, 2022
Biggybee:

Firstly, i do not think you need an agency. Or better still, i don't know if any agency can fast track anything for you. The German embassy deals so much on a personal level that i am not sure agencies help to give any "Special effect"

Let me help answer the ones i can.

2. Let your wife's father (mother or head of family if he is late) Go to any high court in your state and ask a lawyer to help with "Affidavit of Spinsterhood". The content will be that your wife has never been married to anyone else before you and before your wedding date.
At every point a person's name is mentioned in the affidavit , state their full name, age and address.

3. Do photo prints.. I made only 4 copies(showing that we were in court and the ones we took with parents and witnesses) but in the end i wasn't even asked. But do it, just in case they ask you.

4. Use their thumbprint.

5. If they ask for the hospital in the application form, write it there. But the NPC certificate is definitely needed.
b. Take them along just to be safe, it might not be needed at the end but take it.

6. This is based on so many factors. I remember there was a guy who had preapproval and it took his family 4 months altogether. For some, they had to wait longer. But maybe not as long as those that don't have preapproval.

Best of luck.

Alright, I will definitely do as advised. Thanks a lot.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by timbs001(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2022
Bigby007:

Note that there is a fast track procedure for skilled workers: (https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/an-expert-explains-the-fast-track-procedure-for-skilled-workers). Is that what you are referring to?
In that case you can apply for the VISA together with your wife and children and the Visas will be processed together and you will be able to travel with your family.

IF that is what you meant, you can mention me here incase you have questions about that.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2022
Step by Step on how I obtained my family reunion visa.

1. Got married in the church 07.10.2017 ( so my church marriage certificate was what i used to process my visa)
2. November 2017, I enrolled in german language school in lagos .
3. December 2017 ( I took the A1 exams in Goethe institute Lagos).

4. After the result came out, I started looking for appointment. I noticed that they are ususally no available appointments during the day. So i tried at midnight and i got one for 3.01.2018
Before going for your appointment, make sure you have all the required documents and 2 to 3 photocopies of each document. Appear at least 30-40 minutes before your appointment.

The visa officer might ask some questions in German. In my own case, I was asked my name,my address and the name of my husband. Don't freak out, they are jsut basic questions.

5. A week after my appointment, my lawyer contacted me and started the investigation. He went to my family house, he visited the place i was staying in Lagos, my primary school, secondary school, university, the church where i wedded and the hospital where i was born.

6. Feb. 2018. I got an email, that I should submit my passport to the embassy, but the passport should bear the last name of my husband.
7. This process took about 3 weeks.
8. 03.03.2018, I left Nigeria for Germany.

LIFE IN GERMANY.
1. After I moved to Germany, I added myself on a waiting list for a language course.
2. June 2018 I started my german course and by dec.2018, I wrote the B1 exams. (by oct 2018, I got a 450 euro job which lasted 3 months)
3. Jan.2019 I started my B2 and by sept. 2019, I wrote C1 exams and passed it.
4. With my C1 result and the my translated university certificate, I got a job in jan. 2020 in the finance sector.

5. March 2021, I applied for German citizenship and by July 2021, I got my german citizenship. Three years after i migrated to germany.

My story might be uncommon, but here is how i achieved it. I researched extensively , as i didnt have any guide. I put the horse before the cart. Learn German as much as possible. The possibility of getting a good job is higher, when you have the german C1 certificate, you can get high paying jobs and your chances of getting german citizenship will higher.

Feel free to ask me any question

6 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2022
Myfavour22:
Hello house,

Yes you are required to produce A1 certificte.
you can get the affidavit of spinsterhood from the court. it should be around 500-1000 naira
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2022
Bigby007:

The German embassy only accept NPC certificate if you were born from 2001. if not, your normal birth certicate will suffice.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Bigby007:
Hello House,

The NPC should suffice, since your children are under 5. And yes it is mandatory that you include all the schools they attended , as the embassy might want to investigate the accuracy.

family reunion takes about 6 months but you might be lucky and get the visa earlier. mine took only 2 months

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.