Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (350624 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
MolecularSponge:
Your story is very inspiring but I think there is something else you are not telling us. You got your citizenship in like 3 years. This amazing. Is your spouse a German or an EU citizen? If your spouse is a German citizen of course it will be easier

First of all, I do NOT owe you any further explanation, but for the benefit of the others, who might not know, that they can achieve the same, even under 3 years, here's how I did it:

1. My spouse is a German citizen ( this will give you like 40% chance of getting the citizenship. It will make you qualify after 3 years or even after 2yrs and 6 months. but that's it.

2. Learn German at least to B2 level. I learnt German till the C2 level.

3. Send your university certificates to Bonn to be certified.

4. Get a job. The requirement is to have a job that pays a minimum of 1490 after taxes.

5. Make sure you've been gainfully employed for more than a year.

I might not be available all the time for questions, but I'll check in from time to time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
seunoni34:

Interesting and inspiring.
So you didn't get permanent residency before citizenship? I thought it was a requirement

No, I didn't apply for it, as it would be a waste of money. The Einbürgerungamt sent my a checklist of what they needed after I asked for an appointment. They specified that a valid Aufenthaltstitel was acceptable..

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
nuel80:

She doesn’t owe you that much explanation. People’s case differs, she tried to even explain this far, there are even possibilities that she could get German citizenship before her husband. The key thing there was translating her university documents and yes it was accepted by the German government as it meets a certain criteria for them and secondly she got her language certificate up to C1. Common, she gave it a whole lot and she got it.
Some of us would have preferred taking up mini jobs and believing the 1,400 they earn is a jackpot. Such people ends up spending a longer time before qualifying for neutralization.

Thank you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by EngrOsax(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2022
Keinbock:

i used my statement of result. the c1 doesn't cover your grade. But it will better your chance in the job market

aww thanks for ur reply but have gone for appointment already 2nd of February, didn't reply on time and didn't add my statement of result as I taught it was certificate that was needed however I submitted my pry sch and waec but is there anyway I add my degree or like taking it along with me to Germany. My spouse lives in Bonn, thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by blessingayokunl: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
@Keinbock, While it is true that you do not owe him any explanation, I think it is important to give accurate information since you've decided to share your experience to 'motivate' others. According to German Naturalisation act, Section 9, Paragraph 1, you can only get your Citizenship in THREE years ONLY if you got married to a German Citizen, otherwise the other earliest period you would have gotten it would be 6 years which will still be on Special grounds ( Which means the fact that your husband is German already gave you about 90% chance in your case).. The only other conditions you had to fulfill to get it according to Section 10 of the Naturalisation law is do have German B1 Language proficiency, pass naturalisation test, have living space (which your husband already provided to even bring you in the first place), means of sustenance is guaranteed without recourse to Public funds ( this means you're working or you have a source to provide your needs (your husband again)). While having your German C2 and University Certificates are great achievements, it didn't have any effect on the duration of acquiring your Citizenship in your case. You would still get it in 3 years even if you did not have secondary school certificate. Please don't underplay the effect he had on your citizenship acquisition timeline. If he is not white, he must gone through a lot (many of which he didn't tell you to even settle down properly here). Please give him the kudos he deserves.

German Naturalisation Act can be found here https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_stag/englisch_stag.html
Keinbock:

First of all, I do NOT owe you any further explanation, but for the benefit of the others, who might not know, that they can achieve the same, even under 3 years, here's how I did it:

1. My spouse is a German citizen ( this will give you like 40% chance of getting the citizenship. It will make you qualify after 3 years or even after 2yrs and 6 months. but that's it.

2. Learn German at least to B2 level. I learnt German till the C2 level.

3. Send your university certificates to Bonn to be certified.

4. Get a job. The requirement is to have a job that pays a minimum of 1490 after taxes.

5. Make sure you've been gainfully employed for more than a year.

I might not be available all the time for questions, but I'll check in from time to time.

9 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Francexxo(f): 9:03am On Feb 05, 2022
?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Juoflife1(f): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2022
Does Germany have a family visit visa? I think you should apply for schengen visa.
bonavin1:
Thank you for your contributions, it helps a have a question.. For family visit Visa..
I can't seem to find any thread for it..
I have been sent invitation and my planned date of entry is April..
I can't seem to see appointments online as it keeps saying that they are unavailable at the moment.
Even by 12 midnight.
Is this normal?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 1:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
I am also experiencing the same issue presently. There are definitely appointments once in a while. You have to be checking consistently at midnight.
I saw some slots recently but didnt book because the invitation letter isn't ready yet.

[author=bonavin1 post=109999821]Thank you for your contributions, it helps a have a question.. For family visit Visa..
I can't seem to see appointments online as it keeps saying that they are unavailable at the moment.
Even by 12 midnight.
Is this normal?[/quote]
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
You are misunderstanding the two.
A Visiting visa to Germany and most European countries is the same as Schengenvisa. Just different terms to mean the same thing.

Juoflife1:
Does Germany have a family visit visa? I think you should apply for schengen visa.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
I am also experiencing the same issue presently. There are definitely appointments once in a while though scarce. You have to be checking consistently at midnight.
I saw some slots recently but didnt book because the invitation letter isn't ready yet.

bonavin1:
Thank you for your contributions, it helps a have a question.. For family visit Visa..
Even by 12 midnight.
Is this normal?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Myfavour22: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
For people that haven’t gotten A1, the goethe website is now open for booking for exams this month. Hurry before it fills up.
Meanwhile please I need A1 materials, anyone that has should please send to me.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Deborah75: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
Visa approval update���

Timeline

Applied: 1 Feb 2020

Appointment mail:4 march 2021

Appointment date:1 April 2021

Lawyer verification: 22 November 2021

Verification complete: 3 January 2022

8 January 2022: city office contacted spouse to submit documents and to open block account

Visa clearance: 25 January 2022

Documents sent: 25 January 2022

Documents received: 31 January 2022

Arrived Germany: 5 Feb 2022

Thank God for Grace ��

11 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by EngrOsax(m): 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
wow... congratulations to u, it too about 7months after ur appointment interview for the lawyer verification any reason behind it? thanks.

Deborah75:
Visa approval update���

Timeline

8 January 2022: city office contacted spouse to submit documents and to open block account

Thank God for Grace ��

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Atopet(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please the verification fees of 150,000 does that cover for you and your kids?

Biggybee:

The visa fee depends on the current exchange rate.
When i went mid December, it was 35,000. I'll advise you take 40,000 incase it changes.

Please go with the verification fee of 150,000 too.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ganesass: 9:16am On Feb 08, 2022
Deborah75:
Visa approval update���

Timeline

Thank God for Grace ��

Thanks for sharing and congratulations. What documents was your husband asked to provide, please?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Keinbock:

You can translate it at kmk.org.
They are located in Bonn. But you do not to go there. You can send it through post

Ok tnkz alot
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 09, 2022
Hello.
My hubby is trying to register our marriage in his city in Germany. The city registry told him to submit some documents e.g our wedding certificate, passport data page etc and to fill the verification forms (same type of form that lagos embassy issues for reunion verification). He was also told that he will pay verification fee and they will contact lagos embassy to send a lawyer for the verification here in Nigeria. I understand this is the same verification process I would undergo after my visa interview later in the year. Someone once posted here that registering his marriage in his German city made the visa process faster for his wife and kids in Nigeria, that's why we want to try it.
My question is;
1. Will I be made to pay N150k for another verification or I can simply present the evidence/certificate of verification from my husband's city (it should be ready before our visa appointment date)?
2. Does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost him (the city office has not told him the fee yet. His appointment is next month)? We need to be financially ready.
3. Has anyone done this? Care to share?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Alore: 1:24am On Feb 09, 2022
Yes. It covers for the spouse and the kids.

Atopet:
Please the verification fees of 150,000 does that cover for you and your kids?

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 9:11am On Feb 09, 2022
Hello y'all,

Please I need recommendations on affordable hotels or lodge in close proximity to the German Consulate in Lagos for early morning appointments. Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 9:53am On Feb 09, 2022
I went to my city office to enquire about this when I wanted to register my marriage, I realize that it will just change my status from single to married and wont give my wife visa.
Firstly, I was asked to submit original marriage certificate, and it will be with them for atleast 6 months
The fee vary between city, in my city it is 1300 euro
I will suggest you wait for German embassy. For more enquiry you can message me

Aminattah:
Hello.
My hubby is trying to register our marriage in his city in Germany. The city registry told him to submit some documents e.g our wedding certificate, passport data page etc and to fill the verification forms (same type of form that lagos embassy issues for reunion verification). He was also told that he will pay verification fee and they will contact lagos embassy to send a lawyer for the verification here in Nigeria. I understand this is the same verification process I would undergo after my visa interview later in the year. Someone once posted here that registering his marriage in his German city made the visa process faster for his wife and kids in Nigeria, that's why we want to try it.
My question is;
1. Will I be made to pay N150k for another verification or I can simply present the evidence/certificate of verification from my husband's city (it should be ready before our visa appointment date)?
2. Does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost him (the city office has not told him the fee yet. His appointment is next month)? We need to be financially ready.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
****I went to my city office to enquire about this when I wanted to register my marriage, I realize that it will just change my status from single to married and wont give my wife visa.
Firstly, I was asked to submit original marriage certificate, and it will be with them for atleast 6 months
I will suggest you wait for German embassy. For more enquiry you can message me*****

Thanks for your input.
Did your city office notify lagos embassy to send a lawyer for the verification in Nigeria? Because that's what my husband's city office intends to do. The difference is we are doing this in advance while we wait for the long appointment date.
My worry is, will lagos embassy still demand N150k verification fee from me again? Because this verification will still be conducted by them after my husband has paid in his German city.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Dee222: 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
I think they'll still ask for verification fee at the embassy in Nigeria. This covers not just your marriage verification but schools, family, other affidavits etc
Aminattah:
****I went to my city office to enquire about this when I wanted to register my marriage, I realize that it will just change my status from single to married and wont give my wife visa.
I will suggest you wait for German embassy. For more enquiry you can message me*****

Thanks for your input.
Did your city office notify lagos embassy to send a lawyer for the verification in Nigeria? Because that's what my husband's city office intends to do. The difference is we are doing this in advance while we wait for the long appointment date.
My worry is, will lagos embassy still demand N150k verification fee from me again? Because this verification will still be conducted by them after my husband has paid in his German city.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Dee222:
I think they'll still ask for verification fee at the embassy in Nigeria. This covers not just your marriage verification but schools, family, other affidavits etc

Wow! Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
MolecularSponge:
I went to my city office to enquire about this when I wanted to register my marriage, I realize that it will just change my status from single to married and wont give my wife visa.
I will suggest you wait for German embassy. For more enquiry you can message me

I sent you a message. Thanks

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chessbaby(f): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Go to Bonny Camp,they usually rent out the officer's mess. If you're lucky they have a room, it's cheap and safe. I was there in January.
Bonn2007:
Hello y'all,

Please I need recommendations on affordable hotels or lodge in close proximity to the German Consulate in Lagos for early morning appointments. Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chessbaby(f): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
Please what are the documents the city required your spouse to summit?
Deborah75:
Visa approval update���

Timeline

Thank God for Grace ��

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ashla: 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
Hello everyone ,I’m team May 2020 has any one gotten appointment dates to this closer date?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adegbeanna(f): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ashla:
Hello everyone ,I’m team May 2020 has any one gotten appointment dates to this closer date?

May 2020 or May2021 which please
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 7:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Thanks for the input.
Unfortunately i don't understand fully.
What sort of accommodation is Bonny Camp ? Also what do you mean by officer's mess?
Chessbaby:
Go to Bonny Camp,they usually rent out the officer's mess. If you're lucky they have a room, it's cheap and safe. I was there in January.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chessbaby(f): 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bonny camp is army barracks, they have rooms they rent out.
Bonn2007:
Thanks for the input.
Unfortunately i don't understand fully.
What sort of accommodation is Bonny Camp ? Also what do you mean by officer's mess?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 10:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Aminattah:
Hello.
My question is;
Thank you.

3. I really hope this works for you ma'am. My husband tried this, at first it looked like it will work. When he mailed them, they said he should come with our marriage certificate, I actually had to DHL it to him, by the time he got to their office, they did a 360 turnaround on their information and said our marriage could only be registered when i am physically with him.

Not to dampen your spirit because cities differ and you should try all you can to hasten your process.

I wish you the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (189) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.