Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (350505 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bonn2007:
Hello y'all,

Please I need recommendations on affordable hotels or lodge in close proximity to the German Consulate in Lagos for early morning appointments. Thanks.

Westwood Hotel, Ikoyi.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Thanks.
How much does a room cost approximately per night?
Biggybee:

Westwood Hotel, Ikoyi.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Ok thanks.
Chessbaby:
Bonny camp is army barracks, they have rooms they rent out.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Bonn2007:
Thanks.
How much does a room cost approximately per night?

For 25k - 40k.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Biggybee: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Biggybee:

Between 25k - 40k.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ganesass: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
Can someone please tell me what documents the spouse in Germany is generally required to provide? Just a general overview.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Chessbaby(f): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
Why isn't anyone willing to answer this? Is there some big secret about it?
Ganesass:
Can someone please tell me what documents the spouse in Germany is generally required to provide? Just a general overview.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Juoflife1(f): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2022
This has been answered. I think It's his work contract, proof of residence and others. You have to read previous pages.
Ganesass:
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 11, 2022
Thank you ma'am.

Biggybee:

3. I really hope this works for you ma'am. My husband tried this, at first it looked like it will work. When he mailed them, they said he should come with our marriage certificate, I actually had to DHL it to him, by the time he got to their office, they did a 360 turnaround on their information and said our marriage could only be registered when i am physically with him.

Not to dampen your spirit because cities differ and you should try all you can to hasten your process.

I wish you the best.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good day,
Please does airline request people to booked return ticket as well if travelling for the purpose of family reunion. Is it mandatory to book return ticket?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Adegbeanna(f): 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
MolecularSponge:
Good day,
Please does airline request people to booked return ticket as well if travelling for the purpose of family reunion. Is it mandatory to book return ticket?

No it isn’t mandatory to book a return ticket for the purpose of family reunion. You aren’t coming back now so why book a return flight

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MolecularSponge: 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
Thanks
Adegbeanna:

No it isn’t mandatory to book a return ticket for the purpose of family reunion. You aren’t coming back now so why book a return flight
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by JahBwoy: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
temitayoolu:
It's supporting documents it's not extremely important but if you can please take it.

Copy of appointment print two copies infact all documents print four copies just in case. Printing is 10 naira at unilag bro lol.

If you are still working your job offer letter or introduction letter from your employer.

Me I had resigned so I showed them my resignation letter.

Dear Temi,

Thanks for your help on this thread.

I just got a job offer that qualifies me for the blue card in Germany. So now I am begining my process from scratch.

Someone working there, that I spoke to told me that first I need to do a process they call recognition of Qualifications before I apply for Visa/Blue Card. (https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/en/interest/finder/notice?profession=74)

Please is this neccesary, and please and please, can you also highlight the steps I need to take from this point of just getting an offer letter?

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2022
blessingayokunl:
@Keinbock, While it is true that you do not owe him any explanation, I think it is important to give accurate information since you've decided to share your experience to 'motivate' others. According to German Naturalisation act, Section 9, Paragraph 1, you can only get your Citizenship in THREE years ONLY if you got married to a German Citizen, otherwise the other earliest period you would have gotten it would be 6 years which will still be on Special grounds ( Which means the fact that your husband is German already gave you about 90% chance in your case).. The only other conditions you had to fulfill to get it according to Section 10 of the Naturalisation law is do have German B1 Language proficiency, pass naturalisation test, have living space (which your husband already provided to even bring you in the first place), means of sustenance is guaranteed without recourse to Public funds ( this means you're working or you have a source to provide your needs (your husband again)). While having your German C2 and University Certificates are great achievements, it didn't have any effect on the duration of acquiring your Citizenship in your case. You would still get it in 3 years even if you did not have secondary school certificate. Please don't underplay the effect he had on your citizenship acquisition timeline. If he is not white, he must gone through a lot (many of which he didn't tell you to even settle down properly here). Please give him the kudos he deserves.

German Naturalisation Act can be found here https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_stag/englisch_stag.html

To counter your argument. You will not get your german citizenship after 3 yeras if you dont have the above mentioned ( see my earlier post).
Let me cite 2 examples from people i know personally:
1. A Nigerian woman, married to a Nigerian man who naturalised many years ago. They have 3 children , who are all german citizens ranging from 5-2 years. she has lived here for 6 years. She applied in sept. 2020 . Unfortunately, she was denied the citizenship, on the grounds that she isn't gainfully employed. She works in the Pflegedienst (parttime).

2. A friend who is also married to a german citizen(She moved to Germany in 2017). She has a master studium, but currently unemployed due to corona. Her application was sent in on jan.2021. Unfortunately, her application was denied because she is unemployed.

I don't want to undermine anybody's effort, but likewise, I don't want to give anyone false hope. Marrying a german citizen , gives you 40 percent chance of getting one.
How do i know this? My Sachbearbeiter told me that, when I asked him.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
bonavin1:
Thank you for your contributions, it helps a have a question.. For family visit Visa..
I can't seem to find any thread for it..
I have been sent invitation and my planned date of entry is April..
I can't seem to see appointments online as it keeps saying that they are unavailable at the moment.
Even by 12 midnight.
Is this normal?

Getting appointment is usually a hurdle. Keep on checking at midnight. I#m sure, you will get something soon
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aminattah:
Hello.
My hubby is trying to register our marriage in his city in Germany. The city registry told him to submit some documents e.g our wedding certificate, passport data page etc and to fill the verification forms (same type of form that lagos embassy issues for reunion verification). He was also told that he will pay verification fee and they will contact lagos embassy to send a lawyer for the verification here in Nigeria. I understand this is the same verification process I would undergo after my visa interview later in the year. Someone once posted here that registering his marriage in his German city made the visa process faster for his wife and kids in Nigeria, that's why we want to try it.
My question is;
1. Will I be made to pay N150k for another verification or I can simply present the evidence/certificate of verification from my husband's city (it should be ready before our visa appointment date)?
2. Does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost him (the city office has not told him the fee yet. His appointment is next month)? We need to be financially ready.
3. Has anyone done this? Care to share?
Thank you.

You can let them know that the verification has been done in Nigeria. You can ask them to contact German Botschaft in Nigeria or the Ausländerbehörde in your city.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2022
Ganesass:
1. Employment letter
2. 3x income statement
3. Copy of his passport.
4. A copy of his Mietvertrag

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
MolecularSponge:
Good day,
No. You book a one way ticket
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by temitayoolu(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
Moved away from Germany but In my own case my company got the documentation from the german govt. Can't remember what it is called again.

JahBwoy:

Dear Temi,

Thanks for your help on this thread.

I just got a job offer that qualifies me for the blue card in Germany. So now I am begining my process from scratch.

Someone working there, that I spoke to told me that first I need to do a process they call recognition of Qualifications before I apply for Visa/Blue Card. (https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/en/interest/finder/notice?profession=74)

Please is this neccesary, and please and please, can you also highlight the steps I need to take from this point of just getting an offer letter?

Thanks alot

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2022
Danke!

Keinbock:

You can let them know that the verification has been done in Nigeria. You can ask them to contact German Botschaft in Nigeria or the Ausländerbehörde in your city.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2022
My advice is don’t don’t bother doing this, it’s a waste of money, either ways you will get the visa, in my case, my spouse almost did that, but the cost was just unreasonably high. Hence we skipped it.
We ended up registering our marriage in our city when I arrived without the said cost.
Like someone had said, it only changed the status from single to married and doesn’t influence or facilitate your application in any way. Sorry in my opinion I don’t see how it does.
Aminattah:
Hello.
My hubby is trying to register our marriage in his city in Germany. The city registry told him to submit some documents e.g our wedding certificate, passport data page etc and to fill the verification forms (same type of form that lagos embassy issues for reunion verification). He was also told that he will pay verification fee and they will contact lagos embassy to send a lawyer for the verification here in Nigeria. I understand this is the same verification process I would undergo after my visa interview later in the year. Someone once posted here that registering his marriage in his German city made the visa process faster for his wife and kids in Nigeria, that's why we want to try it.
My question is;
1. Will I be made to pay N150k for another verification or I can simply present the evidence/certificate of verification from my husband's city (it should be ready before our visa appointment date)?
2. Does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost him (the city office has not told him the fee yet. His appointment is next month)? We need to be financially ready.
3. Has anyone done this? Care to share?
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ganesass: 5:50am On Feb 20, 2022
nuel80:
My advice is don’t don’t bother doing this, it’s a waste of money, either ways you will get the visa, in my case, my spouse almost did that, but the cost was just unreasonably high. Hence we skipped it.
We ended up registering our marriage in our city when I arrived without the said cost.
Like someone had said, it only changed the status from single to married and doesn’t influence or facilitate your application in any way. Sorry in my opinion I don’t see how it does.

How did you register your marriage when you arrived Germany, please?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 21, 2022
I will patiently wait. Danke!
nuel80:
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 21, 2022
Hello ma'am.
1. My husband will be applying for citizenship next year. We (kids and I), through family reunion, are joining him in Germany by the end of the year, hopefully. Will his status ( assuming he is granted citizenship) cover us? That is, can he include us in the application and we become citizens alongside him? Or we need to "hustle" our own citizenship?
2. A different scenario, please. To apply for PR in Germany, do I need to present proof of German language? If yes, what level?
Thank you.
Keinbock:

To counter your argument. You will not get your german citizenship after 3 yeras if you dont have the above mentioned ( see my earlier post).
Let me cite 2 examples from people i know personally:
1. A Nigerian woman, married to a Nigerian man who naturalised many years ago. They have 3 children , who are all german citizens ranging from 5-2 years. she has lived here for 6 years. She applied in sept. 2020 . Unfortunately, she was denied the citizenship, on the grounds that she isn't gainfully employed. She works in the Pflegedienst (parttime).

2. A friend who is also married to a german citizen(She moved to Germany in 2017). She has a master studium, but currently unemployed due to corona. Her application was sent in on jan.2021. Unfortunately, her application was denied because she is unemployed.

I don't want to undermine anybody's effort, but likewise, I don't want to give anyone false hope. Marrying a german citizen , gives you 40 percent chance of getting one.
How do i know this? My Sachbearbeiter told me that, when I asked him.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Justcul(m): 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2022
Aminattah:
Hello ma'am.
1. My husband will be applying for citizenship next year. We (kids and I), through family reunion, are joining him in Germany by the end of the year, hopefully. Will his status ( assuming he is granted citizenship) cover us? That is, can he include us in the application and we become citizens alongside him? Or we need to "hustle" our own citizenship?
2. A different scenario, please. To apply for PR in Germany, do I need to present proof of German language? If yes, what level?
Thank you.

On the first question, his status can cover the kids only. He needs to apply with them together. For you, you need to wait grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Justcul(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Justcul(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2022
Aminattah:
Hello ma'am.
Thank you.

As for the second question, Yes, you need B1 level to apply for PR in Germany

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Ganesass: 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
Justcul:

As for the second question, Yes, you need B1 level to apply for PR in Germany

Ermm... No, you don't. It depends on the situation and type of job one has.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by AzzaMan: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
Deborah75:
Visa approval update���

Timeline

Applied: 1 Feb 2020

Appointment mail:4 march 2021

Appointment date:1 April 2021

Lawyer verification: 22 November 2021

Verification complete: 3 January 2022

8 January 2022: city office contacted spouse to submit documents and to open block account

Visa clearance: 25 January 2022

Documents sent: 25 January 2022

Documents received: 31 January 2022

Arrived Germany: 5 Feb 2022

Thank God for Grace ��

Sorry to ask, why does it take so much time? And what type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Keinbock: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
Aminattah:
Hello ma'am.
Thank you.

Hi, from what I know about german citizenship, the citizenship only applies to the applicant. However, if he is eligible next year, he can add your kids. The chances of them getting one alongside him is high.

However, you might wait for 3 years after your migration to Germany to be eligible.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by smurf2021: 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
Hello everyone,
Thank your comments and previous posts.
I would like to ask a question that has not been asked recently on the platform and would really appreciate any helpful answers or suggestions.
I am applying for a `German work visa` but I am yet to get an appointment date from the embassy. I applied about 2weeks ago since my employer wants me to resume by March.
Is the wait time for a German work visa (appointment date) longer than the bluecard (I had originally applied for this and got an appointment only two about 4/5 days after but it was declined eventually)?

So, my question once again is what is the usual wait-time for a German work visa?

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Justcul(m): 7:04am On Feb 23, 2022
Ganesass:

Ermm... No, you don't. It depends on the situation and type of job one has.

What are you talking about? I live in Germany and a PR holder.. Don't come here and deceive people..

Your German language must be at least on B1 level... proven by studies (if you are attending high school) in Germany or studied BSc/MSc in German language...

To study these courses in German requires minimum B2 level..

Don't say what you don't know..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (189) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.