Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Medical School: The Journey - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical School: The Journey (13431 Views)

Olajide Rilwan Lekan Graduates From Russian Medical School With As / UNN Medical School Thread / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical School: The Journey by Sweetcrude19: 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
Odiaze:
Nice thread though, but why is it only Medical students thread i see mostly on Nairaland, is it that there are not any Engineering students or students from other courses in Nairaland to post details of things happening in their departments. Mehn am fraustrated with all these, everywhere u go its medicine, medical school, medical journey etc. U medical students should give other departments breathing space na at least this forum was created for all disciplines and not only for you medical students. Well all these would soon stop when i finally gain admission.
Am a Chemical Engineering aspirant of UNIPORT and when i gain finally admission i will create alot of diaries and threads talking about everything and anything Engineering and life in ENGINEERING SCHOOL. Then at least all these threads of only medical stuffs will reduce a bit in Nairaland.
Nice one bro, I wish u great success in ur admission into chemical engineering. Chemical engineering is a great course, it requires seriousness, determination etc to come out with a good grade.

1 Like

Re: Medical School: The Journey by QueenXtar: 8:07am On Oct 02, 2020
oyetunjibaba:

Good evening Queen,how 're you? I've question to ask,it about the admission process for unijos,have been trying to seek information concerning it.
pls what was the cutoff for nursing and it screening analysis
Thanks

cut off mark for nursing is 220, but of course we know that the higher you score the better for you...also they use point system i.e using of your o'level result,let me tell you using one sitting is better than two,uj don't write post utme exams...did I answer your questions?
Re: Medical School: The Journey by oyetunjibaba: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2020
QueenXtar:

cut off mark for nursing is 220, but of course we know that the higher you score the better for you...also they use point system i.e using of your o'level result,let me tell you using one sitting is better than two,uj don't write post utme exams...did I answer your questions?

Abit...I mean after the whole screening calculation,what the cut off? I mean for nursing, like can you range it... likely cutoff for last year to gain admission/merit
I'm from oyo state
My o'level is in 1 sitting but contain 4 C4s and 1B3 for the 5 core subject
As for the jamb I had 240
Now what would you suggest,do I stand a chance?
Re: Medical School: The Journey by QueenXtar: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
oyetunjibaba:

Abit...I mean after the whole screening calculation,what the cut off? I mean for nursing, like can you range it... likely cutoff for last year to gain admission/merit
I'm from oyo state
My o'level is in 1 sitting but contain 4 C4s and 1B3 for the 5 core subject
As for the jamb I had 240
Now what would you suggest,do I stand a chance?

can you send me an email?
Re: Medical School: The Journey by oyetunjibaba: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
QueenXtar:

I don't know how to email here on nairaland, have tried it several times. Maybe I should drop you mine -oyetunjibabatunde89@gmail.com
Or you drop yours?
Thanks
Re: Medical School: The Journey by oyetunjibaba: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
QueenXtar:

I already sent you....check
Re: Medical School: The Journey by Osoboshi: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
bro hw far, unec 3rd year medicine,whats ur name lets know each oda
Re: Medical School: The Journey by QueenXtar: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
oyetunjibaba:

I already sent you....check
I replied already
Re: Medical School: The Journey by oyetunjibaba: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
QueenXtar:

I replied already
okay
Re: Medical School: The Journey by OlumhideGold: 11:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
Caramelskin:
Any idea on how they calculate that of direct entry?

Direct entry would definitely be calculated using

Class of degree / A level points
Post UTME score

What I don't know is the particular ratio
Re: Medical School: The Journey by OlumhideGold: 11:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
oyetunjibaba:

Abeg shey oou no dey do post utme ....na just o'level and jamb score till now shey?
As for the o'level part I don't understand the way calculated it..pls can u explain that part?
And what was the cut off for nursing for last year?
I heard it a new course.

OOU does Post UTME and uses it as 40 percent in total points

OOU requires you to have at least Credits in your 5 compulsory subjects,

Kindly note
WAEC grades don't have any impact on post UTME points

Nursing is a new course in OOU that kicked off in 2018/19 academic session, the latest merit cut off for 2019/2020 admission is 60
Re: Medical School: The Journey by OlumhideGold: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
Osoboshi:
bro hw far, unec 3rd year medicine,whats ur name lets know each oda
I'm Olumide
Re: Medical School: The Journey by OlumhideGold: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
So it's a lot of things going on right now

ASUU strike and COVID-19 has kept a lot of us at home for 7months, and suddenly, when youths are protesting against Police Brutality, Government decides to listen to ASUUs pleas

Something is fishy

Happy resumption in advance, and expect real-time reports of my Medical Journey

Stay safe
Re: Medical School: The Journey by oyetunjibaba: 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
OlumhideGold:

OOU does Post UTME and uses it as 40 percent in total points

OOU requires you to have at least Credits in your 5 compulsory subjects,

Kindly note
WAEC grades don't have any impact on post UTME points

Nursing is a new course in OOU that kicked off in 2018/19 academic session, the latest merit cut off for 2019/2020 admission is 60

40 percent in total point?so jamb will take about 60 percent right?
Re: Medical School: The Journey by OlumhideGold: 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
oyetunjibaba:

40 percent in total point?so jamb will take about 60 percent right?

Exactly
Re: Medical School: The Journey by oyetunjibaba: 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
OlumhideGold:

Exactly

how do they set their questions?(subject combo or does it include current affairs)how many questions in total? Thks
Re: Medical School: The Journey by Osoboshi: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
OlumhideGold:
I'm Olumide
solomon,back in skul now sha,have come back?
Re: Medical School: The Journey by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
good here
Re: Medical School: The Journey by OlumhideGold: 1:29am On Sep 29, 2021
It’s been a while, and a lot has happened�

I am currently in the PathPharm class (400L), and it’s been one hell of a class

BTW, I have always had this forum in mind, and one day, hopefully, after my exams, I would narrate my experience in Medical school so far�

2 Likes

Re: Medical School: The Journey by Gbollydidact: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
OlumhideGold:
It’s been a while, and a lot has happened�

I am currently in the PathPharm class (400L), and it’s been one hell of a class

BTW, I have always had this forum in mind, and one day, hopefully, after my exams, I would narrate my experience in Medical school so far�

Hello, I'm a 100Lvl fresh medical student. I'd love to talk with you on how it has been in your preclinical and early years. I'm new on Nairaland, I don't know how to manuever to get direct contact with you. I'll be checking this thread regularly to know whenever you make new thread. Peace bro �️☮️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uniabuja Needs Help!!! / 2017/2018 Post UTME. How To Calculate Your Post Utme Scores. / Delta State University Post Ume Reg And Date Of Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.