Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! (28324 Views)

My holiday experience with my kids and little warri nephew. / I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / My Kids Nanny Is Leaving - Urgent Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by MissRaine69(f): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2019
Kokaine:
to tell the truth it's not been easy. I didn't make myself preferred. and I wasn't the most favoured in reality. the conflict resolution is just not working.
As I said in the earlier post, you would not see it because it was not you looking in from the outside so of course I expect you to be defensive. I agree you did not place yourself in this position but there is decades of anger that have been brewing for a long time and family therapy helps (sometimes) However you will likely be blamed for everything that goes wrong in your siblings lives.
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
elRamani:

where is the solution to the problem in this?

or u only wanted us to know Zimbabweans ar on NL too?

someone from outside can have a better view than someone inside

people dont always respond with direct solution

based on my observation he boy more based on culture and upbringing

he needs to love them equally as his kids and embrace the individuality in them without favour
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
How do parents do these things without guilt and compassion? This is truly wickedness at its peak. Very partial of you.

Personally, I don't care which parent loves who or the other better, it has never added nor subtracted anything from me. I'm just indifferent to it, also, no matter the circumstance, I've made a promise to love my KIDS equally. I just can't imagine loving one less than the rest.

OP. You're not helping matters at all. I just hope you realise that this will cause nothing than enmity and spite between the kids, if they ever find out. I don't blame you. You're human, but start trying to love unconditionally. You'll hate its outcome if you continue like this.

Equally sounds good but not in human nature to b able to love equally, and animals do not either.

Parents do feel more comfortable with some kids than others, but wise parents try not to make it obvious.

Same way we love our parents but one is always the favourite. Just try ur best to maintain a reasonable balance, everyone will be happy. My 1 kobo

1 Like

Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by Casemiro(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
Headlesschicken:
grin this life x really funny, some folks r busy bombarding heaven wiv prayers crying for children, while u v yuhs n choose to love some more than d others,u can mark dis quote n remember Dix very day, that kid whom u see as not so bright,x gonna b d one that does d huge things tomorrow,more than yuh Oda kids,d lack of adequate love,wld gv em some unnatural energy that would drive em to prosper... Just watch n c

this is 10000000000% correct! I'm a living witness
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
Melian:

Your parents are good people. I can't say the same about my mum. However, my dad loves us equally. I can't seem to forgive my mum for showing favoritism to her eldest child.

do you think any mother with brain will show you love? hehehe, never!
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by opejulie10: 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
my mum made it obvious she loved my younger brother than I,it was so obvious she never gave me a dime whilst in school but sold all her lappa to ensure my brother graduated,well my brother never graduated but I did,I am working and settled..her lack of adequate love for me made me strived harder... thank you daddy for always believing in me...I owe you everything I have become today. I have 2 kids now,I have learnt to love then equally.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by Theophinio(m): 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
Op
I understand your predicament
I know we are all humans, and there is a great chance as parents to love a particular kid more than the others
But please try as much as possible never to show it, because it will definitely make the other kids to hate or jealous the chosen one
I was the chosen one in my family by my dad, but i endured hatred from my siblings because of the special love my dad has for me.
My Dad noticed the hatred from my siblings towards me and adjusted. He limited showing this special love to me, and my siblings started showing love and care to me tremendously
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by D1zion: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
This can make them hate each other for life, it can probably separate them for life. Its like the story of Esua & Jacob if you're a Christian I believe you know about the story & how it ended. Esua killed his brother.is better you address the issue now before you regret tomorrow.
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by farady(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
OP, it's not late to make amends. Start by talking to the one you least love, apologize to her, cause she knows as a child. Then call everyone to a family chat, admit your shortcomings and pledge to love everyone equally.

In your private moment, pray God to give you the grace to love everyone equity. Praticalise it by ensuring you spend time with them, be friendly with them individually, do shopping together with everyone happy within your budget.
Re: I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! by PointZerom: 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
Davash222:
And you don't like the other Twin because she looks like your wife, and you hate your wife You like your son because he looks 100% like you, and you like the other twin, because she looks like your late mom. The other twin is dull, just like her mum, your wife. It's so obvious.

But, I'll urge you to love them equally irrespective of their short comings, and always try to make them feel loved. Raise them right and forget this comparison.

Shalom.

It is not possible to love all your kids equally. You may not show it physically but inwardly there must be one or two you love more than others. Not that you won't train or take care of them equally.

It is natural.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victims Of "You Must Get Pregnant For Me Or No Marriage" / Nigerian Lady Visits US Mayor With Her Triplets After 10 Years Of Barrennes.PICS / Cardiff Mum Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She "Felt The Baby's Head Coming"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.