Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! (3261 Views)

Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast From Pdp / Babangida Fumes At Anti-military Political Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by IBBFan(m): 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2007
@Razorr
thank you very much for the update. at least, we know what has happened even though we are still yet to know why it has happened.

@noblezone & Tonyblu
i want to thank you immensely for your contributions. you understand the current system. the only thing is i don't see much of a positive difference by May 29th because saturday's election has not been conducted. if Yar'adua wins, it would make no difference to me. when a man's playing the game of chess, he controls every piece on the board. i was equally surprised that i couldn't watch AIT since sunday evening and my mind went straight to their work towards the governorship election. for now, i don't know and so, i will not say much. it's rather unfortunate that they have been the most taunted tv station in the past few years just because they're trying to be transparent and show to nigerians what really is amidst.

i will be watching this thread closely and keep my ears in the air.
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by Coleslove: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2007
Sorry, sorry for Nigeria ooo, No comments undecided undecided undecided
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by omon(m): 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2007
Why at this time should AIT be making some made up documentaries abaout OBJ ? Common sense should suggest that the polity is too heated.
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by BATAAUTO(m): 12:13am On Apr 19, 2007
Now is time for Nigerian to stand up and say no, we will not let the Government control a private and indepent media company! AIT has to fight back with every thing its got. The people should also speak up.

But let me guess, every body is going to keep quiet and chicken out. AIT will cave in, they dont have the raw guts to fight back.

Without a free and indepent media, DEMOCRACY will die in 9ja!
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by BATAAUTO(m): 12:22am On Apr 19, 2007
My man Fella Called it "Demonstration of craze!" I wish he did not die, I miss him.

But again Nigerian have to say no to such s***!

In Civilized countries people dont get arrested for freedom of speech!

But, I also understand that it will take 9ja a while before we start experiencing the real democracy.

Even the U.S that claims they are king of democracy dont have it all together, you have to live here to agree with me!
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by udohzone(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2007
Even if the World come(s) to an end today, I would dare not Vote for a MAN like Atiku who's hell bent on ruling naija, as if his father owns it,

Vote Utomi, fresh thinking, fresh perspective!!!
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by uchetobi(f): 9:34am On Apr 19, 2007
amazing shocked
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by pisces20: 10:25am On Apr 19, 2007
May God help Nigeria
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by oyinboaja: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2007
SSS = Stupid Senseless Suckers
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by Afam(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2007
Using the SSS to close down AIT the way it way reported is certainly not the best.

If AIT has gone against anything that may affect Nigeria through its broadcasts (and it is possible) then they could withdraw its licence until the issue is sorted out.

I will not defend the AIT because I do not know exactly what it broadcasted that is causing the problem and as I always say: You cannot understand a message until you understand the creator of the message as every message has a creator and usually with the intention to server a particular purpose be it economical, religious or political.
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by naijagal(f): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
heard on the news dat thier lagos station was gutted by fire while d abuja station was raided by sss
wat a shame for democracy cry cry cry
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by Pamperme: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
it's really pathetic and sad embarassed
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by feelgood(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2007
Freedom, either of the press or individual is never total, but carries with it some responsibilities - otherwise it will be ok to kill and destroy one another if it takes one's fancy. I have had cause to state in another thread in this forum my belief that Nigeria will never die. Our politicians are just doing what they know best - at the end, they will be backslapping one another, unmindful of the stress and aches they would have caused a lot of poor folks. Politics Nigeriana is unique and defies standard logic & ethos. And that's what makes it not only beautiful, but interestingly dangerous.
AIT's airing of a politically sponsored programme in our already heated polity was wrong. No responsible govt would have allowed that programme to run it's course in the belief that it would later sanction the station - the sanctions would have been worthless after counting the costs for leaving the programme to finish. (The genesis of the Rwandan genocide still lingers in discerning minds). Every election conducted in our country has ALWAYS had it's segment of cynics, doomsayers, badbelles etc yet Nigeria had always come out stronger to the consternation of the world.
Those of you outside our shores and encouraging us to 'fight for our rights' would do well to come home and be at the forefront in the 'defense of our democracy' rather than be like our politicians who prod us on while their families are safely domiciled offshore. To my brethren in the thick of it, be angry if you must but remember that this election, like the others before it will come to pass. So while the politicians are at their mischievous best, endeavor to keep your sanity and keep trusting that good will triumph in the end.
Back to our dear AIT, freedom always comes with responsibility. In your bid to prove your independence, dont set your country ablaze as the fire therefrom will also consume you.
Let's meet at the polls on Saturday. May the evil men and thieves among us be put to shame. We shall breathe fresh air again. God bless you all
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by Afam(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2007
feelgood:

[b]Those of you outside our shores and encouraging us to 'fight for our rights' would do well to come home and be at the forefront in the 'defense of our democracy' rather than be like our politicians who prod us on while their families are safely domiciled offshore. [/b]To my brethren in the thick of it, be angry if you must but remember that this election, like the others before it will come to pass. So while the politicians are at their mischievous best, endeavor to keep your sanity and keep trusting that good will triumph in the end.

100% in support of the statement in bold.
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by goodguy(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2007
Now I'm getting confused.

Is OBJ really behind the invasion of AIT? If you answer in the affirmative, can you kindly prove that?

The reason I am asking this is because AIT is back in operation and just finished showing a documentary of Obasanjo's achievements in the past years, just a couple of minutes ago. Or is there something I'm not getting right?
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by 9ja4eva: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2007
goodguy:

Now I'm getting confused.

Is OBJ really behind the invasion of AIT? If you answer in the affirmative, can you kindly prove that?

The reason I am asking this is because AIT is back in operation and just finished showing a documentary of Obasanjo's achievements in the past years, just a couple of minutes ago. Or is there something I'm not getting right?

Of course Obj is behind the invasion cos men of the SSS cant do that without heavy backing.Its glaring for all to see though.Sure they had some crucial tapes about something.Its so so unfair thugh.
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by lewa(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2007
Yes what happened is a sad reflection of the democracy in OBJLAND!Whatever they were airing;if inflammatory should have been left for the regulatory body concerned to take the appopriate action.Alas,no!NTA refused to air the opposition's campaigns,Airlines were threatened with revocation of their licenses for flying the oppostion,now this!
The same government that has refused to comply with numerous Supreme Court rulings,ridden roghshod over the Federal Constitution,decimated the living standards of her people~not surprised though!
I also notice certain advocates of the government of the day have not really risen to the occassion on this thread~paucity of what to contribute?
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by adconline(m): 6:16am On Apr 20, 2007
Freedom, either of the press or individual is never total, but carries with it some responsibilities - otherwise it will be ok to kill and destroy one another if it takes one's fancy.  I have had cause to state in another thread in this forum my belief that Nigeria will never die. Our politicians are just doing what they know best - at the end, they will be backslapping one another, unmindful of the stress and aches they would have caused a lot of poor folks. Politics Nigeriana is unique and defies standard logic & ethos. And that's what makes it not only beautiful, but interestingly dangerous.

If its OK for NTA to air politically funded programmes praising PDP for all the bad things it has done, why wouldnt the same standard apply to AIT?  I wonder if Nigeria is not dead already. From AIT to opposition to Nairaland.

AIT's airing of a politically sponsored programme in our already heated polity was wrong. No responsible govt would have allowed that programme to run it's course in the belief that it would later sanction the station - the sanctions would have been worthless after counting the costs for leaving the programme to finish. (The genesis of the Rwandan genocide still lingers in discerning minds).

Was SSS created to police media houses? What's the job of NBC? Who heated the polity? PDP or AIT?
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by kinzolic(m): 12:51pm On Apr 20, 2007
I think AIT is back online cos i watched a program last nite on their station
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by 9ja4eva: 5:51am On Apr 22, 2007
lewa:

Yes what happened is a sad reflection of the democracy in OBJLAND!Whatever they were airing;if inflammatory should have been left for the regulatory body concerned to take the appopriate action.Alas,no!NTA refused to air the opposition's campaigns,Airlines were threatened with revocation of their licenses for flying the oppostion,now this!
The same government that has refused to comply with numerous Supreme Court rulings,ridden roghshod over the Federal Constitution,decimated the living standards of her people~not surprised though!
I also notice certain advocates of the government of the day have not really risen to the occassion on this thread~paucity of what to contribute?

Its jst some days to go.Come May 29th.
Re: SSS Invades AIT: Stops Political Broadcast! by Tonyblu(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2007
I can't find RayPower on my radio again o! tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnappers Strike Again In Kaduna / Femi Gbajabiamila, ACN Role Model, Is A Felon In The USA / Dr. Chris Ngige Campaign Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.