Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44505 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 10:52am On Feb 05, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2019
How can Alex be this heartless....I just feel.like strangling him..arrrrrrrrgh!
You see him and that devilish Naomi, they'll meet their doom very soon.

Happy birthday in advance Kim kiss kiss
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nickibeauty(f): 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
queenitee:
.Why not 22? You hate me
Are you February 22?
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nickibeauty:
Are you February 22?
Yes smiley smiley
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Kimberlywest happy birthday deary, how are we going to celebrate it now?

I am loving the twist

Thanks for writing love hiccup, your source of wisdom will not run dry amen that was awesome
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 10:56am On Feb 06, 2019
Kim hbd to you and thanks for d update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 11:43am On Feb 06, 2019
Thanks for the update

I'll kill Alex and Naomi
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Blackween(f): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
happy belated birthday Kim, long life is assured

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
I'll kill Alex and Naomi
And you will be charge to court for murder. grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 3:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
Operation no mercy for Alex and Naomi. Thanks for the update Kim.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
Treasure17:

And you will be charge to court for murder. grin

I don't mind
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ann2012:

I don't mind
Unbelievable.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Adesina12: 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
Blackween:
happy belated birthday Kim, long life is assured
Kim birthday will happened on friday, february 8, so it is not late to wish her sweet wishes along with sweet popcorns grin
bravo kim for this update.
sweet popcorn for you
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Blackween(f): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Adesina12:

Kim birthday will happened on friday, february 8, so it is not late to wish her sweet wishes along with sweet popcorns grin
bravo kim for this update.
sweet popcorn for you
oh...thought it was on the 5th, happy birthday in advance op
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Mayor0001(m): 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
Happy Birthday Kim Wish You Long Life And Prosperity Above All Success In All Your Endevours
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Akinwale14(m): 12:35am On Feb 07, 2019
Nice Story
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
Alex I will castrate you ooo.

Well done Kim
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:09am On Feb 08, 2019
Happy birthday Kim love smiley smiley wink wink
Re: Ghost Of The Past by kikiwendy(f): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Happy birthday Kim dear
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 08, 2019
Happy birthday Kim
Bless us with a lengthy update smiley
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Adesina12: 8:26am On Feb 08, 2019
Happy birthday KimberlyWest
Wish you long life and prosperity. Age with grace.
Enjoy your day with sweet popcorn
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 08, 2019
LAST EPISODE.

The lawyers were still in fierce battle with themselves.

"....Mr. Daniel right here is one of those people we don't need in our society anymore. He's an example of a man who can't control what's in between his legs. No wonder, he's been married twice and still can't keep his eyes off little Miss Miranda..."

"Objection my lord." Mr Thomas cut in for like the umpteenth time.

"Objection over ruled." the judge replied without even a glance at him just like he'd been doing since the beginning.

"Do judges accept bribes?" Daniel whispered to Mr. Thomas.

"Yes of course. Even though it's against the ethics of the profession. They're humans. Why do you ask?"

"I think Alex has bribed him."

"That guy is more cunny than we imagined."

"Call up the Miss Miranda," the judge barked.

Daniel lowered his gaze as the tears poured. Clearly, the universe was against him as every person who has testified including his employees all testified against him.

Miranda stood up and walked to the witness stand.

Daniel started to pray fervently in his mind for her to say the truth and nothing but the truth.

"Miss Miranda, can you say boldly to every one here in this courtroom what Mr. Daniel did to you on that night."

"Yes," she nodded.

She heaved slightly and started. "That day I was asleep when he came to my room, I was the only one in the house, cuz my dad was not around. He looked like he was heavily drunk and he started to touch me and when I tried to push him...."

The rest of what she said didn't get to Daniel's hearing as he started to bid the world goodbye. Clearly, there was no way he would not be convicted of that crime...even though he never committed it unless a miracle happened, and chances were really slim.

Amanda sat quietly, she knew that that's what was
going to happen even without being told.

She could recall vividly the day she went to visit Alex's Elder sister Mabel, through the help of Miranda's mum. They got there and she was relunctant to say a word but after several minutes of pleading from Amanda she finally spoke up and told them the reason why Alex was the way he was and why he had no atom of remorse in him.

"He was about 19 then," Mabel had started. "we were preparing to go to our mum's shop when a woman walked in with her daughter claiming that Alex was responsible for the pregnancy her daughter was carrying. Alex denied ever knowing the girl. We pleaded with him to tell us the truth but he insisted he's never seen the girl since he was born. Before they left that day the woman placed a curse on whoever was responsible for the pregnancy, in her words "he would never succeed in life, he would continue to bring trouble to those around him and never in his life would he settle with one woman not even by mistake'. We were not scared but after some years we started to see the manifestation of those curses. That was when he told us the truth and by then it was too late cuz the young girl died while giving birth to the child. That's why we distanced ourselves from him. The ghost of his past is what is responsible for everything he's doing. I know that Daniel his friend is innocent and all our family members know that too but Alex will not back down until he ruins Daniel to his satisfaction and we, we are not ready to come close to him again." Mabel had concluded in tears.

Right there, Amanda realized that the battles was not just physical but also spiritual. She could see Alex smiling slyly.

Immediately, Miranda finished, she walked back to her seat and Amanda signaled to him to talk to her.

Amanda had met a boy earlier on, that gave her high hopes and also told her that Alex has been abusing his daughter and she swore to use that to get to her since she was the only one that could set Daniel free just by a statement. She had everything planned out with him. He said his name was Israel but she called him heaven sent. If not for his coming, she would have just gone through with her initial plan of killing Alex so Daniel could go free even if it meant her spending the rest of her life in prison. She already made up her mind to do it.

"Now my judgement." the judge started and every one went silent. If someone dropped a pin at that moment, the sound would have been heard by everyone.

"According to Section 5, sub section 1 of the 1999 constitution as amended, you have been found guilty...

"Wait," Miranda screamed suddenly, attracting everyone's attention.

All eyes turned to her.

"My dad made me do it. Uncle Daniel is innocent. My dad has been the one sleeping with me since I could remember."

The moment she heard that, Miranda's mum screamed and fell on the floor.

The court room instantly became like a market place.
Amanda and Shade rushed to help resuscitate her while everybody's mouth dropped open.

Alex was still sitting quietly, probably trying to process what was happening before him or trying to recover from the shock.

"...He said if Uncle Daniel goes to jail, we will inherit all his money and become very rich." Miranda continued.

Daniel didn't know if he should rejoice or cry. One part of him who loved that little girl so much like a father felt for her. He saw her everytime looking cheerful but he had no idea she was going through so much.

"Shut up," Alex screamed, standing up like he was being remote controlled. "you this demon. See how you ruined everything I've worked for."

That shocked everyone too, they were expecting him to deny it, never did they imagine he would respond in such way.

"Arrest him." the judge ordered.

The police men came forward and Alex raised his hands in surrender. Another surprising action.

Just before they could cuff him, Naomi pulled out a gun and pointed it at Amanda.

Everywhere turned chaotic as everyone struggled to leave the place alive and without a bullet wound.

The police men tried to get close to her and collect the gun but she pointed it at them. Obviously, she was fuming with rage and confusion at the same time.

"Amanda, do you know how much I hate you." she started to blab her own. Amanda stood her ground, though frightened but she refused to show it.

...You took Daniel from me, I loved him. He saw me and loved me before you and yet you took him from me. I'm not going to spare you."

Daniel stood, shivering. He's never witnessed a scene like this except on Hollywood movies which he occasionally watched.

"I will kill you." she yelled at another police man who tried to move.

"Naomi please." Daniel started to beg. "I'm sorry. I will give you whatever you want. Just don't hurt anyone."

"I want you." she told him point blank "and I want her dead."

That said, she pulled the trigger.

"Noooooooo" Daniel screamed untop of his voice.

5 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 08, 2019
zyzxx:
Kimberlywest happy birthday deary, how are we going to celebrate it now?

I am loving the twist

Thanks for writing love hiccup, your source of wisdom will not run dry amen that was awesome

Amen. Thanks dear.

I'm just going to watch movies all through out today unless you want to take me out grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 08, 2019
PrudySara:
How can Alex be this heartless....I just feel.like strangling him..arrrrrrrrgh!
You see him and that devilish Naomi, they'll meet their doom very soon.

Happy birthday in advance Kim kiss kiss

thanks babe.

smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 08, 2019
Please I will reply all the comments later.

Epilogue will come later too.

Thanks a lot for following and reading.

Kimberly loves you all cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Uniquechild(f): 8:46am On Feb 08, 2019
Alex your days are numbered. You're such an evil and wicked friend.
Happy birthday Kim darling may God bless your new age and may the fountain of your inspiration never runs dry
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Thobiy(m): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2019
queenitee:
Happy birthday Kim love smiley smiley wink wink
LLNP, Kimberlywest, send my cake ooo
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2019
KimberlyWest:
Please I will reply all the comments later.

Epilogue will come later too.

Thanks a lot for following and reading.

Kimberly loves you all cool cool
Alex wickedness attracted curses that finally ruined his life. Whatever you sow you will definitely reap. Alex jail term should be fifty years in prison and sixty years for Naomi. Thanks for the update. Happy Birthday Kim. Wishing you long life and prosperity with good health and happiness. Your next story should be atomic bomb.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 08, 2019
Happy birthday Kim. God bless you.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Juliet21(f): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2019
Happy Birthday Kim age with grace
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Blackween(f): 10:33am On Feb 08, 2019
happy birthday op, long life is certain

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Continue The (Lola) Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.