Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44503 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
Believe me when I say Alex is dead, I'm going to kill that guy, he is really really dead
Re: Ghost Of The Past by BlessedNiel: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
queenitee:
Believe me when I say Alex is dead, I'm going to kill that guy, he is really really dead
cheesy grin shocked
Between me and Alex: Who is more wicked?
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2019
BlessedNiel:

cheesy grin shocked
Between me and Alex: Who is more wicked?
Alex, forever Alex
Re: Ghost Of The Past by aprilwise(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2019
Bob Marley's song who the cap fit . Wicked world.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nickibeauty(f): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
Alex is so wicked, Dan pls be strong
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Mayor0001(m): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
Nickibeauty:
You Can Say That Again
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
At least you were warned to distance yourself from Alex but you failed to listen. Continue to languish in cell for your disobedience. Good One Kim. Happy Birthday in advance.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2019
Kimberlywest done blow my mind away again, well-done ma

Alex really mean Daniel o,

This time for shade to pay Daniel back if she loves him
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
nawaoooo!!! how could Daniel trust Alex this much? he is really learning his lesson the hard way. Kim my sweetheart u too much
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2019
Alex is the devil himself

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by chigozie1010: 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2019
Thanks for the update miss...but e no long. Happy birthday in advance. Mine is February 14th hope to get an update that very day. Keep up the good work.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2019
chigozie1010:
Thanks for the update miss...but e no long. Happy birthday in advance. Mine is February 14th hope to get an update that very day. Keep up the good work.

No vex...thanks a lot.

Last episode will come on my birth day, February 8th. I might just post a short story and dedicate it to you on that day.

Is your first name Valentine or Valentino? grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2019
Well done Kim

Happy Birthday in advance, I know say you go put my mouth for the cake na grin wink

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Pinkfeet: 12:27am On Feb 04, 2019
wowwww this story is very interesting .

thumb up

but I feel sorry for Daniel , he has evil friend.

Alex your end is near, evil friend .

this stupid Naomi or what is your name self do you think Daniel can love you never .

shade you need to think well and choose wisely .
Re: Ghost Of The Past by chigozie1010: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2019
KimberlyWest:

No vex...thanks a lot.

Last episode will come on my birth day, February 8th. I might just post a short story and dedicate it to you on that day.

Is your first name Valentine or Valentino? grin

Thanks again...I am very honoured

My name is neither valentine no Valentino
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2019
princessadeola:
This is too much for Daniel....

embarassed I think so too.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2019
skubido:
See gone

Tanks for the update

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2019
queenitee:

cheesy I will bring the gun or the knife.
aprilwise:
Bob Marley's song who the cap fit . Wicked world.

cry cry As in eh.
Nickibeauty:

Longest time. cool
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Treasure17:
At least you were warned to distance yourself from Alex but you failed to listen. Continue to languish in cell for your disobedience. Good One Kim. Happy Birthday in advance.

Thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2019
zyzxx:
Kimberlywest done blow my mind away again, well-done ma

Alex really mean Daniel o,

This time for shade to pay Daniel back if she loves him

grin grin

When Devil mean person case, only God will save that person.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2019
Kaycee9242:
nawaoooo!!! how could Daniel trust Alex this much? he is really learning his lesson the hard way. Kim my sweetheart u too much

Thanks sweetie.

Some people prefer to learn the hard way.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 05, 2019
Ann2012:
Alex is the devil himself

Thanks for the update ma'am

You can say that again.

you're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 05, 2019
damselposh:
Well done Kim

Happy Birthday in advance, I know say you go put my mouth for the cake na grin wink

Thanks dear.

Make I see cake chop first. grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2019
Pinkfeet:
wowwww this story is very interesting .

thumb up

but I feel sorry for Daniel , he has evil friend.

Alex your end is near, evil friend .

this stupid Naomi or what is your name self do you think Daniel can love you never .

shade you need to think well and choose wisely .

Alex your end is near o. Amen. grin

Thanks for reading dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nickibeauty(f): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Longest time. cool
Happy Birthday in advance Kim baby, I also rep February 23
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2019

"Did you see the papers." Naomi walked in carrying two newspapers, one in each hand.

"What's special about the papers?"

Naomi threw the papers aside and ran to Amanda. "O my goodness, this ring is beautiful. When did he propose?"

"Yesterday." Amanda threw in casually. "so what happened to the papers?"

"You won't believe what's been happening right under your nose."

Amanda rolled her eyes. Naomi was back with her usual gossip, these days she was getting tired of it.

"What's been happening?"

"Your Ex-husband has been having carnal knowledge of Miranda, Alex's daughter." Naomi said, her voice raising a notch higher.

"Who has been feeding you with that lie?"

Amanda tried hard to keep the laughter from escaping but failed and started to laugh hard almost to the point of tears. She noticed that Alex and Naomi had been getting too close and she knew it was a deliberate effort from Alex to tarnish Daniel's image.

Naomi frowned in embarrassment. By now she expected Amanda to be raining curses on Daniel or even be in shock but her reaction was unexpected. "Did you even hear what I said?"

"Yes and I don't believe you." Amanda answered, smiling sheepishly.

She walked to where she dumped the papers and grabbed it and threw it at Amanda. "See for yourself, if you don't believe me, I'm sure you will believe the papers."

Amanda took the papers and took a quick glance at it. She didn't need to search as it was boldly written there on the cover page.

ABUJA BASED INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL ABUSE OF A MINOR.

Then Daniel's picture was just beside it. She didn't bother going through the details.

She picked up the second paper. The news was also there on the front page.

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUALLY ABUSING HIS FRIEND'S 15-YEAR OLD DAUGHTER

She furrowed her brows. "Don't believe this piece of sh*t, this has Alex name written all over it."

She threw the papers aside and left the sitting room.

Naomi looked to see if she was close before bursting into laughter. She mimicked her last statement and laughed again. She walked to the refrigerator and collected a pack of fruit juice and poured herself a glass. She finished it and poured another one and carried it to the sitting room

She picked up the papers and balanced it on her laps while sipping her fruit juice. Few seconds later, Amanda emerged from the room wearing a jean trouser. From all indications, she was furious. She picked up her car keys and made to walk out.

"What are you up to?"

Naomi stood before her and pushed her back. "Where do you think you're going to?"

"To Alex house. If he doesn't kill me today, I will kill him. What has Daniel done to him to deserve all this public embarrassment?"

"Calm down. What has come over you? You're engaged to another man for God's sake." Naomi pointed to the ring on her middle finger.

She closed her eyes and pulled the ring from her finger.

She quietly placed on the center table and turned back to face Naomi. "Can I go now?"

"Are you insane? That man loves you for him to put a ring on your finger. Why would you do this to him?"

"You're deviating from the issue at hand. Can I go now that there's no ring on my finger?" she was beginning to get angry at Naomi.

Naomi was slowly loosing it. She thought of grabbing Amanda by the neck and strangling her to death. It was so clear that she still loved Daniel so much.

"Go." she gave way for Amanda and she breezed past her.

"Whatever happens to you don't blame anybody." she called after her and smiled while grabbing her phone to make an important call.

Amanda heard her but pretended like she did not. Just when she was about driving out, Richard drove into the compound. She patiently waited for him to park properly and step out. The moment he did that, she wound down her glass.

"I'm sorry." she muttered with a sober expression and drove away before he even had the time to fully process what she said.

Meanwhile Naomi was inside, on call with someone.

"...if you have to kill her, kill her. I don't care...she's on her way."

Richard walked in and she quickly ended the call and threw the phone into her handbag.

"She dropped the ring here." Naomi ran to the center table and picked the ring and handed it to him before he even uttered a word. "I'm sorry."

"I thought I told you I was only doing this for you. I've tried but I'm not just sure I can have any feeling of that sort towards a woman." he muttered.

"Well, you're cute but you irritate me. You can go. I no longer need you. I thought you were a normal human being." she lashed out at him.

"My life, my choice." he said and walked out.

Naomi hissed and carried her bag and left the house also. She briefly wondered where Josh was since it was a Saturday.

Daniel sat on the floor shedding tears and wondering why life should be so unfair to him. He had all the money he could ask for in the world but yet look how unhappy he was. Without being told, he knew that some individuals out there would be wishing they were in his shoes without knowing what he goes through on daily basis.

He could vividly recall the day his parents called him to the sitting room and told him point blank that they were not his parents. Though he never suspected it.

According to them, one day they woke up and saw him just outside their gate wrapped in a piece of wrapper.
He had thought it was the end of the world but they consoled him and made him understand that someone's parents didn't necessarily mean his birth parents and there was no way in the world they could find a woman who left no clue as to who she was.

Few weeks later, they died in a car accident. Though he came out unhurt but he kept on wishing he died instead of his parents. They were the nicest people in the whole of the world.

He was still mourning them when their relatives came to take over their properties if not for the intervention of Mr. Thomas who came just in time with his parents will, they would have chased Daniel out of the house without bothering to know how he would survive.

That was too much for him to take in at his young age. He constantly found himself wishing he died instead of his parents. When he felt so weak and tired of the world, he would go to their graves and cry his eyes out. When he finally turned twenty, his parents businesses, properties and estates were handed over to him since the will stated they were all his but on the condition that Mr. Thomas would still be there to supervise everything and make sure he doesn't misuse it.

If he thought that was the real meaning of life blows he thought wrong, this was the real blow.

He never imagined that in his quest to make those around him happy and comfortable he would end up spending the nights in a cell and probably in prison with tons of mosquitoes partying and showing off their perfect communication skills.

He closed his eyes as the tears kept on flowing and prayed to God to take his life.

Alex impatiently walked about his compound. He's been waiting for so long yet she was nowhere to be found.

"What's keeping her?"

He brought out his phone from his back pocket and dialed a familiar number.

"Are you sure she told you she was coming here?...ok...since you're sure...let me keep waiting."

He ended the call and pocketed his phone again.
He continued his back and forth movement.

"So what are they saying?" Amanda sat on the couch right opposite Shade and Mr. Thomas.

"I think Alex paid them. The gate man said that Daniel drove himself in." Mr. Thomas replied frowning.

"Is there a slight possibility that he might be right, maybe Dan actually did it under the influence of the alcohol." Shade chimed in.

"No, he didn't." the duo chorused.

"Daniel can't stoop that low even if he was on heat period." Amanda added.

"OK. What's Miranda saying?"

"Her dad refused to let me speak to her. He said she would come to the court next week but before then, he wouldn't let me speak to her." Mr. Thomas spoke tiredly.

"If things continue like this and this matter gets to court. I think I know what to do and how to get to Miranda." Amanda said breathing heavily.

Shade and Mr. Thomas nodded at her and gave her their inquisitive stare. She quietly explained what was on her mind to them and they nodded in agreement.

"Alex is a demon in human form." Shade started. "I wonder how he sleeps at night knowing that he's behind this."

"Wait, what about Miranda's mum. She should know something. I've met her once or twice the woman really has a big heart just that she's a bit foolish for wishing that Alex would marry her one day." Amanda put it in.

She explained how they could go to her and find out one or two things from her before it gets to the day of the hearing in court.

They all nodded in agreement and Amanda volunteered to go there and speak with the woman while Shade and Mr. Thomas focus on other things.

"If she doesn't say anything reasonable then just permit me to go to Alex house and strangle him to death, he doesn't deserve to be among the living." Amanda spat out, obviously angry at the whole situation.

"Alex won't get away with this. I promise him." Mr. Thomas added.

They were all seated in Daniel's sitting room. Shade had come to give Mr. Thomas the audio recording, he came to ask the domestic staff some questions while Amanda was invited because only she truly knew Daniel and what he was capable of doing.

They were surprised when she informed them that she on her way to Alex house, ready to take matters into her own hands Mr. Thomas who didn't like the idea begged her to calm down so they could use a different approach.

4 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 05, 2019
Nickibeauty:

Thanks dear.

Happy birthday in advance to you also.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2019
KimberlyWest:

cheesy I will bring the gun or the knife.
Both, I'm using both. Shoot him then stab him
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2019
Nickibeauty:
.Why not 22? You hate me
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 10:12am On Feb 05, 2019
Kimmmmm, gimmmmmme the gun already, Alex is dying today

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Continue The (Lola) Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.