Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes (22013 Views)

Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG / I Have Been Fair In My Appointments- President Buhari Tells Igbo Leaders (PICS) / I Shows Love To Igbos, Despite Low Votes - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by hungryboy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
romme2u:

cool

baba longest time...............
My oga, i dey like Dele oh, how ya side nah
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Rindo69: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oblang:

Anyhow u want to say it, loyalty will play its part. U don't expect someone like Atiku to win nw (God forbid) and appoint Fashola into his cabinet...

What does that have to do with tribal sentiments and his utterances?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Oblang(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Rindo69:

What does that have to do with tribal sentiments and his utterances?

Where is the tribal sentiment in what he said?
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Fixitgood(m): 3:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Worthless miscreants sad

Cow loving terrorists.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
The issue of Atiku n Buhari is like being asked to choose between a Matchet and an Arrow on death penalty.
Is there nothing like Igbo/Yoruba or vice versa way out?
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Xander85: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
Chukazu:
Buhari has the tendecy to be foolish.

Appointment of Ministers is CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION, as such you are not favoring any man , including Igbo any favors.

You can only claim fovouritism by appointing Fashola to head three different Ministeries.

We have a case of Professor ONWUKA who is more qualified to be Minister Education,but Buhari made him a Junior Minister and a Fulani man the Real Minister ,so where does the fairness come From
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2019
sarrki:

What is nepotism about him ?

He reconstructed most of the roads in the southeast abandoned by past administration

He paid the Biafrans veterans

Chose Igbo as one of his Vice President during Anpp

So please redifine your question

Have you been to the south east??, which road, name 1 show me pictures. Not them say them say.... sell to me BUHARI. Which road, he could not finish the Ibadan Lagos pdp started or Lagos ore pdp started its east he went to finish..lies finish you

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Xander85: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
Blitzerz:
Why don't you just kukuma stop collecting tax from Igbos, since they didnt vote for you like u want.?

Moronic leader.

That should balance things out nicely: don't give them anything.....leave them to run their own affairs and own their resources!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by omonnakoda: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
K00da:
The issue of Atiku n Buhari is like being asked to choose between a Matchet and an Arrow on death penalty.
Is there nothing like Igbo/Yoruba or vice versa way out?
Funny. This may sound like an insult but it is the simple truth.

Ibos have not learnt to organize themselves politcally like adults.
One must not forget that before colonization they had not evolved beyond village and clan level politics and were still quite primitive.
How else does onee dscribe a people led by Nnamdi Kanu

I think in Nigeria Ibos should stick to buyiing and selling and let the Houses of Arewa and Oduduwa govern in their best interest
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by juszoe82: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
F****ck Buhari with his fairness to Igbos. What did he mean by that useless talk. Sometimes i wonder if this man has brain at all. Buhari You dont need everybody to vote for you for you to win. Jonathan didnt get much vote from your side but he did much for Northern Nigeria than other region. So i hope you remember what you said about hate speech but you are now the one violating it. Please stop destroying this country further. Is not by force to be together as referendum can settle it all.

NB: You are using hate speech to address the nation which is a serious violation coming from NO 1 citizen of Nigeria. What a shame.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by djon78(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:
Funny. This may sound like an insult but it is the simple truth.

Ibos have not learnt to organize themselves politcally like adults.
One must not forget that before colonization they had not evolved beyond village and clan level politics and were still quite primitive.
How else does onee dscribe a people led by Nnamdi Kanu

I think in Nigeria Ibos should stick to buyiing and selling and let the Houses of Arewa and Oduduwa govern in their best interest

And all the ones you have governed for 5 decades has the Nation fared better

Other countries are moving far ahead but you all continue towing a very backward path.

What the Igbo man is asking for is good governance, and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by searchlight: 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2019
sarrki:
Baba Abeg No vex

Even They votes against Ojukwu

But shouting Atiku

"I will never forgive buhari and oshomole if they fail to impeach saraki" sarrki. zombies always forget
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by omonnakoda: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
djon78:

What the Igbo man is asking for is good governance, and nothing else.
In sharp contrast to the Ogoni man who is asking for bad governance
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by searchlight: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
sarrki:

What is nepotism about him ?

He reconstructed most of the roads in the southeast abandoned by past administration

He paid the Biafrans veterans

Chose Igbo as one of his Vice President during Anpp

So please redifine your question
anyone who doubt buharis nepotistic nature can only be a zombie

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oblang:

Pls tell me exactly what gej did for u to earn such massive vote from Igbo in 2015. What else if not based on tribe...
During election they call us same tribe with GEJ AFTER ELECTIONS THEY TELL US THEY ARE SOUTH SOUTH AND WE ARE SOUTH EAST....WHEN WE VOTED LATE PRESIDENT YARADUAH IS HE OF SAME TRIBE.... WHEN WE VOTED OBASANJO IS HE OF SAME TRIBE....
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by searchlight: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
Balyz:
In essence Buhari is telling you he has given you more than your due and so you should be grateful to him. Do you remember the Nnamdi kanu saga when you all supported that charlatan to destabilise Buhari's government? If I were Buhari I will treat you less charitably
zombie is it by not appointing ministers from south eastern states? apart from that which constitution mandated him which other thing he did in south east besides Python dances?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by hansomb: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
Most of the you know who passionately hated Mr President but despite that He still consider them in all his policy. 190,000 and they will be shouting up n down, if am Mr President I will not even border campaigning in that part of the world. You can't eat what you don't work for. The you know who always try to get what they don't work for. Masters of complaining.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by djon78(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

Well how will I know
All I know is that Nigeria is stunted in growth. Nations like Malaysia, Singapore they got independence within the same period have so much advanced, this Nation still can't move an inch.

An adage in my place says that a mad man is not ashamed but it is his brethren that are ashamed for him.

If the present state of Nigeria does not elicit mourning on the citizens, but rather they come online to peddle tribalism, then they are very very very far from redemption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by mechanics(m): 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
Governor of CBN also from the east.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by omonnakoda: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
djon78:

Well how will I know
All I know is that Nigeria is stunted in growth. Nations like Malaysia, Singapore they got independence within the same period have so much advanced, this Nation still can't move an inch.

An adage in my place says that a mad man is not ashamed but it is his brethren that are ashamed for him.

If the present state of Nigeria does not elicit mourning on the citizens, but rather they come online to peddle tribalism, then they are very very very far from redemption.
Yes Malaysia is doing great because of its enterprising Igbos
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Rindo69: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oblang:

Where is the tribal sentiment in what he said?

Please run along and play elsewhere
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by djon78(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

Yes Malaysia is doing great because of its enterprising Igbos

I even forgot this forum is filled with bigots and immature kids.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Balyz: 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
omonnakoda:

Nice sarcasm. In the mind of the ibos good governance is when they're appointed to the highest level positions in the state
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by NobleAngell(f): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
Jolite:
You are a blessing to your family, you have said it all. from hence forth we are friends..
grin
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Xander85: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2019
mechanics:
Governor of CBN also from the east.

Delta State..same with Kachuku!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Xander85: 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Balyz:
Nice sarcasm. In the mind of the ibos good governance is when they're appointed to the highest level positions in the state

If you think all Ndigbo are interested in is federal appointments and rigging themselves into offices in the name of democracy like you and you're pathetic ilk then there's a lot you've still got to learn about us!

You're supporting the nasty Igbo hating bigot that says governance at the federal level should be left to the Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani abi? We've done that since 1966, yet see where your 'one Nigeria' is today!
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Balyz: 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Xander85:

If you think all Ndigbo are interested in is federal appointments and rigging themselves into offices in the name of democracy like you and you're pathetic ilk then there's a lot you've still got to learn about us!

You're supporting the nasty Igbo hating bigot that says governance at the federal level should be left to the Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani abi? We've done that since 1966, yet see where your 'one Nigeria' is today!
The entirety of your political elite spends every waking hour letting the rest of the nation know about how ibo representation at the top echelons of government should include more of you as though you are the only ethnic group in this country. You secretly crave political power and have been at the same game for almost 50 years now
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by mechanics(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2019
Xander85:

Delta State..same with Kachuku!
wow, that's right, so they should not complain o.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by SaiAtikuTill203: 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
sarrki:
Baba Abeg No vex
Even They votes against Ojukwu
But shouting Atiku

Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by ReubenE(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Listen to his reasoning....how more democratic do you want him to go?

Democracy is not about constitution....its about numbers.

Buhari can get 198,000 votes just in Ereko ward in Lagos. That's less than the local govt sef.

Ibo has no shame. 198,000 in the entire SE?

You deserved your neglect under Buhari. You earned it with that figure.
@bold.
My brother, you got this assertion wrong. It is election in a democratic setting that is about numbers, and not Democracy so to speak.

Election (numbers) is just to decide who wields political power according to democratic tenets, where a group of people have agreed to live together according to set rules.

The hallmark of democracy is equal participation, and the absence of discrimination.
Democracy is nothing without a constitution because the Constitution is the embodiment of the laws on which democracy is built upon.

If it is not parochial interest or vindictiveness, no democratic government is suppose to discriminate against her people, let alone showing it in words and in actions.

If you would allow me to digress a little, I want to use my below statement to expound on what I'm trying to say above.
I'm sure you must have come across the popular saying where Nigerian politicians in particular, equate construction of roads, building of hospitals, or in sum total, provision of infrastructure as Dividends of Democracy. This statement is proven to be false.....

Using Nigerian Government and Politics as an example, you would see that the Military Governments developed more infrastructure than their civilian counterparts. Almost all the. Hospitals, bridges including the longest in West Africa (3rd Mainland Bridge), Universities, power stations were all provided by the successive military governments in Nigeria.

Now the big question is, do we now say because the military did the above listed, they are dividends of military rule?

This is exactly how the Democratic system works. Election (numbers) is just an aspect of democracy.
The true dividends of democracy are:

Liberty
Freedom of choice, including liberty to decide who gets what.....
Equal opportunity and participation for all
Respect for human rights.
Rule of law and constitutionalism etc

Others are;

Free and fair election etc.

My brother, even in monarchy, military rule, numbers are often used to decide who becomes the head. So democracy cannot be relegated to just numbers.

President Buhari got this one wrong. Once a man is elected to the position of a president, the whole country becomes his constituency.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by Ikechu12: 12:47am On Jan 10, 2019
Balyz:
The entirety of your political elite spends every waking hour letting the rest of the nation know about how ibo representation at the top echelons of government should include more of you as though you are the only ethnic group in this country. You secretly crave political power and have been at the same game for almost 50 years now

And you that held the power have proven your incompetent leaders EVER made. Niggeria is currently the worst country on Earth, both in wealth, politics, literally EVERY OUNCE of leadership. Hilariously enough, the drivers are both Arewa and their Afonja idiots. I mean look at you, that shithole is the poorest nation on Earth. Let me emphasize it again... POOREST NATION on Earth and Ironically enough during the leadership of the fools that delude themselves they are "good in politics". Clap for yourselves. You led this shithole into being worst than every country in the world. Laughable joke. My happiness is seeing how miserable and worthless that shithole becomes each year.
Re: Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes by romme2u: 12:48am On Jan 10, 2019
hungryboy:
My oga, i dey like Dele oh, how ya side nah

smiley

hustle continues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List / NLC Insists On Monday Protest Despite Court Order / Wike, Amaechi Trade Words Over Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.