Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? (2190 Views)

How Do You Reply A Friend Who Said This About Your Spouse? / Ladies: How Do You Reply A Guy When You Are Not Interested? / Your Ex Sent You A Text: “I Am With Someone Better Than You” – Reply In 3 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2019
I was on my phone watching a movie this afternoon, my 7 years old niece walked up straight to me with this shocking question "Uncle what is sex?" I was just dumbfounded. I paused for like a minute trying to process what possible answer to give her.
I was like: "Hey come over here, where do you heard that from?" "From my friend David".... I was like "Sex is a machine adults used in producing babies, kids shouldn't talk about it."
And she was like "Do my mom and dad have the machine, I want to see what it looks like"...
At this point I couldn't go further knowing how inquisitive she's...

I was like: "OK, that's enough for today, kids aren't allow to see it, non talk about it... maybe I'll give you more details when you're a little bit older... like 15".....

I seriously don't know what to tell her, her parents weren't home... I just went for 2 days visit.

Married folks how do you handle such situation?
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by daben1(m): 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
If Na girl ask, tell am say sex is an evil thing that leads people to hell fire, but if Na boy, no tell am anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Teaser0904(f): 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2019
Don't be silly,tell him/ her sex means gender like male or female. angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
Male and female. Shikenan
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by peteruuu(m): 10:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
You're offpoint bro.

So, I actually don't know what quota to contribute to your post.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2019
Teaser0904:
Lol, I knew what she was talking about... I skipped what she said David told her... kids these days. parents should just be careful.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by peteruuu(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
daben1:
If Na girl ask, tell am say sex is an evil thing that leads people to hell fire, but if Na boy, no tell am anything

Continue...!
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
peteruuu:
You're offpoint bro.
So, I actually don't know what quota to contribute to your post.

Ignore the messenger and contribute to the message abeg.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Rickjordan(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
Fear Indomie Generation kids

2 Likes

Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Teaser0904(f): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
Offpoint:

Lol, I knew what she was talking about... I skipped what she said David told her... kids these days. parents should just be careful.
You still tell her that is what David means,nothing else. grin
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by amaniro: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2019
Tell her O both the consequences. That's how when I was little, I was having sex not knowing what I was doing is called "sex" give her a little sex education.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2019
Teaser0904:
You still tell her that is what David means,nothing else. grin
Lol, you're obviously single.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Teaser0904(f): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
Offpoint:

Lol, you're obviously single.
What has that got to do with what we are talking about? undecided
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
amaniro:
Tell her O both the consequences. That's how when I was little, I was having sex not knowing what I was doing is called "sex" give her a little sex education.
I feel that should be her parents duty o, I can't feel comfortable talking to a kid about sex knowing fully well she'll tell her parents everything. it's best she heard from them.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
Teaser0904:
What has that got to do with what we are talking about? undecided
Nothing naw, just saying it cuz of your last reply.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by peteruuu(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2019
Offpoint:

Ignore the messenger and contribute to the message abeg.

smiley it'll be fine.

Try to find out who that 'David' is, the kind of friends she moves with, what they watch, their home background (because there are some stup*d slay Queens and slay kings that calls themselves "parents" too these days)... When actually they can't "pay-rents".

Also, try to know what they teach them at school because some schools are becoming unbecoming these days too.

And her own parents as well!.. She must not be free to watch some nonsense with them.
But yah, do some hectic research on my first and second points.

That david needs to come and tell us where he also heard that THREE LETTERS WORD from!
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
speak to her like it casual biology class
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
peteruuu:

smiley it'll be fine.

Try to find out who that 'David' is, the kind of friends he moves with, what they watch, their home background (because there are some stup*d slay Queens and slay kings that calls themselves "parents" too these days... When actually they can't "pay-rents".

Also, try to know what they teach them at school because some schools are becoming unbecoming these days too.

And his own parents as well!.. He must not be free to watch some nonsense with them.
But yah, do some hectic research on my first and second points.

That david needs to come and tell us where he also heard that THREE LETTERS WORD from!

Nice ideas, David is ten 9 years kid, her classmates and they live same street according to her.

The so called David told her he "saw his parents having sex last night"
I nearly faint... that was why she wanted to know what sex is.

I fear this generation o
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Teaser0904(f): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Offpoint:

Nothing naw, just saying it cuz of your last reply.
Lol,well i am a baby mama. cheesy
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by peteruuu(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Offpoint:

Nice ideas, David is ten 9 years kid, her classmates and they live same street according to her.

The so called David told her he "saw his parents having sex last night"
I nearly faint... that was why she wanted to know what sex is.

I fear this generation o

I no fear bro, na fear catch me now o!.

See to it sha. Because the girl would always remember she once asked you this question in the nearest future.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Heloct(f): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
Please tell the mum to check into her friendship with David.

It's not healthy.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Randy100: 12:13am On Jan 09, 2019
Heloct:

It's not healthy.
What will the mum do? Stop David from seeing her daughter or what. Make una leave innocent small children and stop complicating their lives. We all did this while small and still heaven did not fall. Op tell the girl that sex is an adult play.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by dingbang(m): 5:03am On Jan 09, 2019
Randy100:
What will the mum do? Stop David from seeing her daughter or what. Make una leave innocent small children and stop complicating their lives. We all did this while small and still heaven did not fall. Op tell the girl that sex is an adult play.
undecided
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Rosarie(f): 6:00am On Jan 09, 2019
Hmmm.honestly don't know if am in that position o.now I give my daughter sex edu though
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by mummycommander(m): 6:26am On Jan 09, 2019
Teaser0904:
babe its better to know d rationale behind her questioning else another uncle will give her d answers in practical.

1 Like

Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by mummycommander(m): 6:30am On Jan 09, 2019
Heloct:

It's not healthy.
pls don't say such o do u know how much David has invested in d babe carry ur badluck leave the poor boy
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by NobleAngell(f): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2019
Kids these days tho. Anyway, tell the mom so she can do the explanation herself. Or else, the parents may think you're exposing their daughter to somethings when they get to hear.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Reinah(f): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2019
Chai.. Your answer is inadequate and scary for a 7-year-old of this generation. David saw the sex scene, he knows better and believe me, he might have even relayed the whole scene to her. It is scary because if your niece knows you lied, it could fuel her curiosity..make her go back to David and undecided

Maybe explaining it is an act that leads to babies and whoever is not ready to have babies shouldn't do it. Don't paint it too badly to her, you can get some sex ed videos for children online too. She is your niece, talk to your brother or sister about it, to keep an eye on her closeness with David and be more close to her.

Sex is one thing parents are usually reluctant or scared to discuss with their kids.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2019
Reinah:
Chai.. Your answer is inadequate and scary for a 7-year-old of this generation. David saw the sex scene, he knows better and believe me, he might have even relayed the whole scene to her. It is scary because if your niece knows you lied, it could fuel her curiosity..make her go back to David and undecided

Maybe explaining it is an act that leads to babies and whoever is not ready to have babies shouldn't do it. Don't paint it too badly to her, you can get some sex ed videos for children online too. She is your niece, talk to your brother or sister about it, to keep an eye on her closeness with David and be more close to her.

Sex is one thing parents are usually reluctant or scared to discuss with their kids.
I'm just skeptical explaining to her, cuz her parents are not around. They'll be back today, if sound some how when they're back and told me what I said. It'll be best she heard from them.

my power no carry at all.
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Reinah(f): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2019
Offpoint:

I'm just skeptical explaining to her, cuz her parents are not around. They'll be back today, if sound some how when they're back and told me what I said. It'll be best she heard from them.

my power no carry at all.

Oh, well. I get you. I guess it depends on your relationship with her parents. It is something you can tell them, y'all just laugh about it and they talk to her.

I really do hope it goes well.. 7 is too early to get messed up. Goodluck, Uncle Offpoint. grin
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Offpoint: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2019
Reinah:

Oh, well. I get you. I guess it depends on your relationship with her parents. It is something you can tell them, y'all just laugh about it and they talk to her.

I really do hope it goes well.. 7 is too early to get messed up. Goodluck, Uncle Offpoint. grin
Sorry about the last jargons I typed, Glo wouldn't allow me correct those errors... I'm glad you still grab the message.

I'll tell her parents, they will explain to her. As for me o, I'm too single to be sex educating a child...
Re: When Your 7 Years Old Niece Ask You "What Is Sex" How Do You Reply? by Reinah(f): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2019
Offpoint:

Sorry about the last jargons I typed, Glo wouldn't allow me correct those errors... I'm glad you still grab the message.

I'll tell her parents, they will explain to her. As for me o, I'm too single to be sex educating a child...
Too early for lies Baba.. Just say you are too active to even know how or where to start the sex ed tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking #10yearschallenge Photos Of A Muslim Lady, Shocks Social Media Users / Is There Anything Special In Dating A Shy Guy? (answered) / My Fiancée Finally Breaks Her Piggy Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.