Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? (4219 Views)

Terrible Arguments For The Exsitence Of God / Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption / Arguments For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by frank317: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
...another online atheist . How market?

Bow for me boy... I am too much for u
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by frank317: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
Originakalokalo:

You don't know your enemy....This has cost people their lives.

Goliath thought David was his enemy....

He was wrong.... God was. He made God his enemy when he asked... "who is God that is able to deliver you from my hand"

You fight against the Almighty....

You won't survive it. It is an assurance with all certainty.

What's this one saying
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Shelumiel: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
frank317:

Bow for me boy... I am too much for u
I bow for your foolishness ;for it is the greatest online .In fact there is none like it here .
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by frank317: 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
Shelumiel:
I bow for your foolishness ;for it is the greatest online .In fact there is none like it here .

Lol... Bow at least. Because talk is cheap
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:
I see no reason to argue a god or gods into existence, I think its more practicable to either observe or demonstrate its or their existence.

THE REASON FOR MY PAIN IS THAT INSTEAD OF DEMONSTRATING OR PROVIDING VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE, BELIEVERS COMMAND US TO BELIEVE IN THEIR OWN VERSION OUT OF THE HUNDREDS OF OTHER VERSIONS OF A SUPERNATURAL BEING, OR GO TO HELL WHEN WE DIE.

I WANT YOU TO BUY THIS PRODUCT OUT OF A HUNDRED DIFFERENT PRODUCTS, JUST BECAUSE I SAY YOU SHOULD, EVEN IF I CAN'T PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF IT'S AUTHENTICITY, OR GIVE YOU A CONVINCING REASON WHY YOU SHOULD PATRONISE ME INSTEAD OF OTHER SALESMEN. IS THAT NOT THE DEFINITION OF NONSENSE?

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

THE REASON FOR MY PAIN IS THAT INSTEAD OF DEMONSTRATING OR PROVIDING VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE, BELIEVERS COMMAND US TO BELIEVE IN THEIR OWN VERSION OUT OF THE HUNDREDS OF OTHER VERSIONS OF A SUPERNATURAL BEING, OR GO TO HELL WHEN WE DIE.

I WANT YOU TO BUY THIS PRODUCT OUT OF A HUNDRED DIFFERENT PRODUCTS, JUST BECAUSE I SAY YOU SHOULD, EVEN IF I CAN'T PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF IT'S AUTHENTICITY, OR GIVE YOU A CONVINCING REASON WHY YOU SHOULD PATRONISE ME INSTEAD OF OTHER SALESMEN. IS THAT NOT THE DEFINITION OF NONSENSE?

Its the definition of 419. See this bridge, my father built it and when he died he willed it to me. Buy my bridge my father built. Proof its mine? Why, just look at the bridge its right there! Thats the proof the bridge belongs to me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

You don't know your enemy....This has cost people their lives.

Goliath thought David was his enemy....

He was wrong.... God was. He made God his enemy when he asked... "who is God that is able to deliver you from my hand"

You fight against the Almighty....

You won't survive it. It is an assurance with all certainty.

F u c k your God, he's imaginary. He can't do more than a dead rat. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

F u c k your God, he's imaginary. He can't do more than a dead rat. .

Good for you.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Good for you.

F U C K your God he's imaginary can't ever do anything to any one. He exist only inside your deluded imaginations.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

F U C K your God he's imaginary can't ever do anything to any one. He exist only inside your deluded imaginations.

You are riding on his mercy.

You can't say this at amadioha's shrine.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

You are riding on his mercy.

You can't say this at amadioha's shrine.

Your God is imaginary, I can't ride on his mercy, if your God exist you won't be telling me anything about it. It will do that itself. Your God remains imaginary. F U C K Amadioha, just like your God it I'd also imaginary and can't do more than a dead rat.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

Your God is imaginary, I can't ride on his mercy, if your God exist you won't be telling me anything about it. It will do that itself. Your God remains imaginary. F U C K Amadioha, just like your God it I'd also imaginary and can't do more than a dead rat.

God will have mercy on you.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by OpenYourEyes1: 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

Why do you and your fellow atheists spend alot of time on religious section attacking GOD if you believe HE does not exist?
Are you people OK?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Why do you and your fellow atheists spend alot of time on religious section attacking GOD if you believe HE does not exist?
Are you people OK?

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

God will have mercy on you.

Imaginary beings have nothing to do with mercy. .
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 3:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
So, dalaman, it's not that God doesn't exist, it's just that you atheists want to excise Him from the Universe like oncologists try to cut out or eliminate cancers from human bodies, correct?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
So, dalaman, it's not that God doesn't exist, it's just that you atheists want to excise Him from the Universe like oncologists try to cut out or eliminate cancers from human bodies, correct?

Very wrong. God doesn't exist. He's imaginary.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

Very wrong. God doesn't exist. He's imaginary.
Oh, so it's not like it is with oncologists and cancer then! Why did you say it is?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Oh, so it's not like it is with oncologists and cancer then! Why did you say it is?

Whatever you make of the image is your business.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

Whatever you make of the image is your business.
But of course.

Obviously, atheistic preoccupation with God is all because of a need to persuade yourselves that your fantasy is real and God really doesn't exist. In your thinking, if you argue hard enough and vociferously enough to intimidate and overwhelm atheists, you will succeed at eliminating God from existence.

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

But of course.

Obviously, atheistic preoccupation with God is all because of a need to persuade yourselves that your fantasy is real and God really doesn't exist. In your thinking, if you argue hard enough and vociferously enough to intimidate and overwhelm atheists, you will succeed at eliminating God from existence.

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

God doesn't exist, atheist argue about God because they find it absurd that people believe in that non existent idea and make it the center piece of their existence because they've been indoctrinatedwith the idea mostly as kids. If God exist we won't be arguing about it. We will have God NOT arguments. We argue about God because it is a non existent idea. God doesn't exist as such it can not be eliminated from existence, God can only be eliminated from the minds of believers since that is the ONLY place that God/Gods exist .

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

God doesn't exist, atheist argue about God because they find it absurd that people believe in that non existent idea and make it the center piece of their existence because they've been indoctrinatedwith the idea mostly as kids. If God exist we won't be arguing about it. We will have God NOT arguments. We argue about God because it is a non existent idea. God doesn't exist as such it can not be eliminated from existence, God can only be eliminated from the minds of believers since that is the ONLY place that God/Gods exist .
You know that this is a bad argument, right? People argue about things that are perfectly obvious all the time.

As for finding it ridiculous, why do you care what other people decide to center their lives around? You want the centerpiece to be you instead?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You know that this is a bad argument, right? People argue about things that are perfectly obvious all the time.

As for finding it ridiculous, why do you care what other people decide to center their lives around? You want the centerpiece to be you instead?

It's not a bad argument. If God exist it will be self evident and will not rely on arguments. God's existence will be shown independently not through shoddy and fabricated arguments that are mostly lies and cover ups.

I find it ridiculous because people are wasting their lives relying on made up mythological tales and fables that keeps failing them all the time, Nigeria is a typical example we rely on these foreign fables to our detriment as a nation. Don't be a ridiculous liar and be making things that I never said or implied. I hate liars and I don't like people making things up about me. Deal with what I say and stop your lies about what you think I want or I don't want. .

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

It's not a bad argument. If God exist it will be self evident and will not rely on arguments. God's existence will be shown independently not through shoddy and fabricated arguments that are mostly lies and cover ups.
Like I said, arguments are not proof in and of themselves that what is being argued about is not self-evident. If they are, then atheistic arguments are equally proof that the non-existence of God is not self-evident and cannot be demonstrated independent of shoddy and fabricated arguments that are mostly lies and cover-up's.

dalaman:
I find it ridiculous because people are wasting their lives relying on made up mythological tales and fables that keeps failing them all the time, Nigeria is a typical example we rely on these foreign fables to our detriment as a nation. Don't be a ridiculous liar and be making things that I never said or implied. I hate liars and I don't like people making things up about me. Deal with what I say and stop your lies about what you think I want or I don't want. .
You already said that you find it ridiculous. I was asking why it has anything to do with you. Why is it your business what other people want to believe?

I share your sentiment about lies and liars. That's why I'm challenging you.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Like I said, arguments are not proof in and of themselves that what is being argued about is not self-evident. If they are, then atheistic arguments are equally proof that the non-existence of God is not self-evident and cannot be demonstrated independent of shoddy and fabricated arguments that are mostly lies and cover-up's.

Again if God exist his existence will be demonstrated instead of shoddy and fabricated arguments. Nobody has ever demonstrated the existence of God objectively and independently. If God exist he will demonstrate his existence independently. You will NOT be here making a case for it at all or even telling people how it operates and behaves(did any God appear to you personally and tell you anything you've been saying about it). It will not rely on humans to do that. . In fact a God that wants people to know about its existence will make it come to people naturally. Not through these man made fabricated tales and lies. . .Atheist just point at the holes that abound in the God argument which is the only thing that believers have ever presented belivers only have fabricated arguments to present not anything tangible or objective. Just empty arguments always. If God exist we will have God NOT arguments. A living God will have living evidence not empty fabricated arguments.

You already said that you find it ridiculous. I was asking why it has anything to do with you. Why is it your business what other people want to believe?

I share your sentiment about lies and liars. That's why I'm challenging you.

I find it ridiculous because it affects the believers and me at the same time, look at Nigeria and what the belief in these God fables is doing to the society as a whole. It is my business that the belief in God and the superstitious nonsense that goes along with it is part of the reasons why Nigeria is unable to develop because people spend their time with ancient fables that have no basis in reality thinking it will help them.

If you share my sentiments about lies then stop making things up about me. . Deal with what I say and stop making lies up. .

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

Again if God exist his existence will be demonstrated instead of shoddy and fabricated arguments. Nobody has ever demonstrated the existence of God objectively and independently. If God exist he will demonstrate his existence independently. You will NOT be here making a case for it at all or even telling people how it operates and behaves(did any God appear to you personally and tell you anything you've been saying about it). It will not rely on humans to do that. . In fact a God that wants people to know about its existence will make it come to people naturally. Not through these man made fabricated tales and lies. . .Atheist just point at the holes that abound in the God argument which is the only thing that believers have ever presented belivers only have fabricated arguments to present not anything tangible or objective. Just empty arguments always. If God exist we will have God NOT arguments. A living God will have living evidence not empty fabricated arguments.
Likewise, if God does not exist, His non-existence will be demonstrated instead of shoddy and fabricated arguments....etc.

dalaman:
I find it ridiculous because it affects the believers and me at the same time, look at Nigeria and what the belief in these God fables is doing to the society as a whole. It is my business that the belief in God and the superstitious nonsense that goes along with it is part of the reasons why Nigeria is unable to develop because people spend their time with ancient fables that have no basis in reality thinking it will help them.

If you share my sentiments about lies then stop making things up about me. . Deal with what I say and stop making lies up. .
Is that so? America and Europe began with religion too and they didn't turn out so bad. What makes you think that religion has anything to do with the way Nigeria is?

What did I make up about you? And you too should stop making things up here.
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Likewise, if God does not exist, His non-existence will be demonstrated instead of shoddy and fabricated arguments....etc.
God doesn't exist that is why it's only arguments that have been presented as evidence for God's existence. If God existed we'll have evidence NOT ARGUMENTS. No independent evidence of God has ever been provide only fabricated arguments.

Is that so? America and Europe began with religion too and they didn't turn out so bad. What makes you think that religion has anything to do with the way Nigeria is?

What did I make up about you? And you too should stop making things up here.

America and Europe became developed after they dropped religion. Religion did NOT make America and Europe develop, we all know how America and Europe became developed and NONE of it has anything to do with religion. Keep pretending you don't know the lies you spoke about me. .
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by shadeyinka(m): 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Atheism is not a belief. It's a rejection of religion. And about the popularity of christianity...

https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/which-world-religion-will-dominate-in-the-future
https://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/atheism-study-shows-that-christianity-is-dying-among-american-teenagers/n4pj2gr
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/21/christianity-non-christian-europe-young-people-survey-religion
https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/the-secular-life/201705/christianity-is-dying-in-the-united-kingdom

Christianity has been dying slowly. You christians have all just been too absorbed in your delusion to notice
No amount of repetitive saying of the phrase "atheism is not a believe" will change the fact that it is a kind of faith:a believe without spiritual evidence.

Denial is never a form of proof is it?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
dalaman:

God doesn't exist that is why it's only arguments that have been presented as evidence for God's existence. If God existed we'll have evidence NOT ARGUMENTS. No independent evidence of God has ever been provide only fabricated arguments.
You can say this a thousand times and I will answer it the exact same way. If arguments that are presented for the Existence of God prove that God does not exist because if He did there would be no need for arguments, then arguments that are presented against the Existence of God also prove that God does exist since if He didn't there would be no need for arguments to prove that He doesn't.

dalaman:
America and Europe became developed after they dropped religion. Religion did NOT make America and Europe develop, we all know how America and Europe became developed and NONE of it has anything to do with religion. Keep pretending you don't know the lies you spoke about me. .
Say what now? How did you know that they only developed after they dropped religion? Also, are you calling these parts of the world atheistic? Seriously?

No one has said here that Religion made any country develop. That's all your own imagination.

I'm not willing to assume that you know anything about how those places developed, so I must ask: how did they develop and why are you so certain that it had nothing to do with religion?

Finally, I never confessed to or admitted to lying about you. You accused me of doing so. What is your proof that I did? Or do you just defame people's character whenever you get bored?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by dalaman: 1:09am On Mar 07, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You can say this a thousand times and I will answer it the exact same way. If arguments that are presented for the Existence of God prove that God does not exist because if He did there would be no need for arguments, then arguments that are presented against the Existence of God also prove that God does exist since if He didn't there would be no need for arguments to prove that He doesn't.

What kind of nonsense logic is this. If God exist there'll be objective and independent evidence to show that God exist NOT fabricated arguments. You think if your God exist for real as advertised it will rely on you and your fabricated arguments to be making its case for it? You tell people how it operates(something you always make from your head), what you feel it does and how it does it bla bla bla, why you feel it does it, all because it's just an image that exist in your head. A living and all powerful God that exist as portrayed in the bible will let people know about its existence by itself. It will never rely on you because it knows that you are a total failure in that regard and can never convince anybody about its existence. It knows that you won't be able to convince anybody with your failed and empty arguments so it will do that itself because after all it WANTS people to know about its existence. Your God exist only in your imaginations and no where else. That's why you are always speaking on its behalf and never allowing it to do anything for itself because you know very well that it can't.

Say what now? How did you know that they only developed after they dropped religion? Also, are you calling these parts of the world atheistic? Seriously?

No one has said here that Religion made any country develop. That's all your own imagination.

I'm not willing to assume that you know anything about how those places developed, so I must ask: how did they develop and why are you so certain that it had nothing to do with religion?

Finally, I never confessed to or admitted to lying about you. You accused me of doing so. What is your proof that I did? Or do you just defame people's character whenever you get bored?

We know how the US developed, just a simple study of their social and economic development show how they developed. They developed by adopting :
1. Separation of church and state
2. Capitalism
3.Democracy
3.Slavery and conquest
4.Mass industrialization
5. Technological and scientific advancement
5. A wild gun culture

None of these has anything to do with Christianity or even any religion at all. . .Religion has never made any country to develop. . No scientific theory or economic system has ever been built on any biblical principle or fable.

Where did you get the idea that I want people's center piece to be me? Where did I imply that or where you tired when you asked me that asinine question?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by LordReed(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

How can non-existence be demonstrated?
Re: Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? by Ihedinobi3: 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
dalaman:

What kind of nonsense logic is this. If God exist there'll be objective and independent evidence to show that God exist NOT fabricated arguments. You think if your God exist for real as advertised it will rely on you and your fabricated arguments to be making its case for it? You tell people how it operates(something you always make from your head), what you feel it does and how it does it bla bla bla, why you feel it does it, all because it's just an image that exist in your head. A living and all powerful God that exist as portrayed in the bible will let people know about its existence by itself. It will never rely on you because it knows that you are a total failure in that regard and can never convince anybody about its existence. It knows that you won't be able to convince anybody with your failed and empty arguments so it will do that itself because after all it WANTS people to know about its existence. Your God exist only in your imaginations and no where else. That's why you are always speaking on its behalf and never allowing it to do anything for itself because you know very well that it can't.
I completely agree with you that it is nonsense. That is precisely what I have been demonstrating to you.

Obviously as well, you still live in a fantasy world where your own "arguments" for the non-existence of God have any kind of validity by themselves that opposing arguments lack.

Finally, exactly what makes you think I am interested in convincing you or anybody else of something so obvious that only insanity denies it?

dalaman:
We know how the US developed, just a simple study of their social and economic development show how they developed. They developed by adopting :
1. Separation of church and state
2. Capitalism
3.Democracy
3.Slavery and conquest
4.Mass industrialization
5. Technological and scientific advancement
5. A wild gun culture

None of these has anything to do with Christianity or even any religion at all. . .Religion has never made any country to develop. . No scientific theory or economic system has ever been built on any biblical principle or fable.
I don't think you know at all how the United States developed.

1. When were church and state mixed in the US and when did they separate?

2. When was America not capitalist? And in what way did religion at the time cause it?

3. When was America undemocratic and how was religion responsible for that?

4. When did America industrialize and how did religion oppose it and how was it neutralized to allow industrialization to occur?

5. Same as #4 above.

6. In what way did religion have anything to do with gun culture and how was it neutralized to allow it to flourish?

Again, it is a straw man that you made up that religion helps any country to develop. Did I make this argument at all?

As for your claims, why should I care about them? What does religion have to do with science or economics?

dalaman:
Where did you get the idea that I want people's center piece to be me? Where did I imply that or where you tired when you asked me that asinine question?
Glad you admitted that I asked a question. Now, in what way was it asinine and how does it suggest that I think you want people to make you their centerpiece?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Even Pastors Use Police Security / A Catholic Priest Comes Out As Gay Before His Congregation / There Is No Black Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.