Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption (1634 Views)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2023
[53]Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
[54]Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
[55]For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
[56]He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
[57]As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
[58]This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

John 6:53-58

These are the very words of Jesus.

The question is: why would Father need a Son for the redemption of mankind?
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2023
This na Dibia things!

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 4:27am On Feb 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
This na Dibia things!

If christians can't attempt the question na you fit?

I beg go sit down and be drinking camel" s urine prescribed by Dr. Kassim Abdul - Allah aka Mohammed (SAW)
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by orisa37: 5:13am On Feb 05, 2023
THE WORLD, EVEN UP TILL NOW, NEEDS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND LIFE.

WITH WHAT PUTIN AND Xi JINPING ARE DOING TO THE WORLD RIGHT NOW, ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE DON'T NEED INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS AND DISCERNMENT, LIGHT, GOOD AND MOVING ON INTERACTIONS FROM THE KING OF THE UNIVERSE?

FOR GOD LOVES THE WORLD THAT HE GIVES HIS SON JESUS CHRIST THAT WE MIGHT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

From ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS.
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by orisa37: 5:18am On Feb 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
This na Dibia things!

No. It's "ABBA OLUWA" !!!

IT'S THE LORD'S DOING.
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 5:50am On Feb 05, 2023
orisa37:

No. It's "ABBA OLUWA" !!!

IT'S THE LORD'S DOING.

God no dey get son.

God no dey send his son to death!
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 5:55am On Feb 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

If christians can't attempt the question na you fit?

I beg go sit down and be drinking camel" s urine prescribed by Dr. Kassim Abdul - Allah aka Mohammed (SAW)

Dr Kassim Abdullah

Na so so lie sha!
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Kobojunkie: 5:56am On Feb 05, 2023
AntiChristian:
God no dey get son. God no dey send his son to death!
A. From the Gospels according to Matthew
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan River. He came to John, wanting John to baptize him.
14 But John tried to stop him. John said, “Why do you come to me to be baptized? I should be baptized by you!”
15 Jesus answered, “Let it be this way for now. We should do whatever God says is right.” Then John agreed.
16 So Jesus was baptized. As soon as he came up out of the water, the sky opened, and he saw God’s Spirit coming down on him like a dove.
17 A voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the one I love. I am very pleased with him. - Matthew 3 vs 13 - 17
B. From the Gospel according to Luke
34 While Peter was saying these things, a cloud came all around them. Peter, John, and James were afraid when the cloud covered them. 35 A voice came from the cloud and said, “This is my Son. He is the one I have chosen. Obey him.”
36 When the voice stopped, only Jesus was there. Peter, John, and James said nothing. And for a long time after that, they told no one about what they had seen. - Luke 9 vs 34 - 36
C. From the Gospel according to Mark
9 About that time Jesus came from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to the place where John was. John baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. 10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw the sky torn open. The Spirit came down on him like a dove.
11 A voice came from heaven and said, “You are my Son, the one I love. I am very pleased with you.” - Mark 1 vs 9 - 11
D. Gospel of John records the following as coming from the Mouth of Jesus Christ Himself.
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him. - John 3 vs 16 - 17
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2023
AntiChristian:

Dr Kassim Abdullah

Na so so lie sha!

Which lie is Mohammed real name not Kassim Abdul - Allah?

Didn't he prescribe camel urine as all round healing medicine?
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by xproducer: 6:41pm On Feb 05, 2023
MightySparrow:

[53]Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
[54]Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
[56]He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
[57]As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
[58]This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

++++++++

... and why not??

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?" - Proverbs 30:4

"I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." - Psalm 2:7-9

"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." - Psalm 2:12

Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
[quote author=xproducer post=120662230][/quote]

Okay
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by sonmvayina(m): 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
I have asked this question before...

What does God need a son for?
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Bacteriologist(m): 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2023
sonmvayina:
I have asked this question before...

What does God need a son for?

That is what happens when people just believe a story without even verifying its authenticity.

I'm sure if it was a daughter the Bible said god had, these Christians would have swallowed it hook line and sinker without questioning as well and defending it with their lives. That is one of the evils of religion, it teaches people to accept stories without supporting evidence or even assessing the story from a critical perspective.

Religion is a cog in the wheel of the progress of mankind. It must die.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by sonmvayina(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2023
Bacteriologist:

That is what happens when people just believe a story without even verifying its authenticity.

I'm sure if it was a daughter the Bible said god had, these Christians would have swallowed it hook line and sinker without questioning as well and defending it with their lives. That is one of the evils of religion, it teaches people to accept stories without supporting evidence or even assessing the story from a critical perspective.

I can't agree more..

Thanks
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Feb 06, 2023
Bacteriologist:
That is what happens when people just believe a story without even verifying its authenticity. I'm sure if it was a daughter the Bible said god had, these Christians would have swallowed it hook line and sinker without questioning as well and defending it with their lives. That is one of the evils of religion, it teaches people to accept stories without supporting evidence or even assessing the story from a critical perspective. Religion is a cog in the wheel of the progress of mankind. It must die.
While I share your view in regard to religion, I do need to point out that God did in fact reveal through His prophets that He would send a Son to the people of Israel.
1. But there will be an end to the gloom those people suffered. In the past, people thought the land of Zebulun and Naphtali was not important. But later, that land will be honored—the land along the sea, the land east of the Jordan River, and Galilee where people from other nations live.
2 Those people lived in darkness, but they will see a great light. They lived in a place as dark as death, but a great light will shine on them.
3 God, you will make the nation grow, and you will make the people happy. They will rejoice in your presence as they do at harvest time. It will be like the joy when people take their share of things they have won in war.
4 That will happen because you will lift the heavy yoke off their shoulders and take away their heavy burden. You will take away the rod that the enemy used to punish your people, as you did when you defeated Midian.
5 Every boot that marched in battle and every uniform stained with blood will be destroyed and thrown into the fire.
6 This will happen when the special child is born. God will give us a son who will be responsible for leading the people. His name will be “Wonderful Counselor, Powerful God, Father Who Lives Forever, Prince of Peace.”
7 His power will continue to grow, and there will be peace without end. This will establish him as the king sitting on David’s throne and ruling his kingdom. He will rule with goodness and justice forever and ever. The strong love that the Lord All-Powerful has for his people will make this happen! - Isaiah 9 vs 1 - 7
A son to relieve them of the heavy burden and yoke they had had to bear as a result of their failings under the old Law. A son to be a light to guide them towards the Kingdom/Nation of Priests He had promised to constitute of them- Exodus 19 vs 6. That Son would not only usher in the Kingdom but also sit on David's throne over God's Israel. God's promise to David was that one from David's line would be King forever and also build Him a house. God would be a Father the one. undecided
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
MightySparrow:

Which lie is Mohammed real name not Kassim Abdul - Allah?
Quote the hadith?

Didn't he prescribe camel urine as all round healing medicine?
Keep mute please!
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Dtruthspeaker: 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
MightySparrow:
...The question is: why would Father need a Son for the redemption of mankind?

Is it not His Right to choose how the mode of redemption shall be?

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Dtruthspeaker: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
Bacteriologist:

Evil lover, you have lied so much that you no longer can see Truth. Many are not living dead like you and can still discern a Truth from a lie. The Answers are always there but only the pure can find them.
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by sonmvayina(m): 5:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
While I share your view in regard to religion, I do need to point out that God did in fact reveal through His prophets that He would send a Son to the people of Israel. A son to relieve them of the heavy burden and yoke they had had to bear, and also a light to guide them towards the Kingdom/Nation of Priests He had promised to constitute of them- Exodus 19 vs 6. That Son would not only usher in the Kingdom but also sit on David's throne over God's Israel. undecided

Please can you quote the passages ...

Please....let's put this matter to rest once and for all...
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by sonmvayina(m): 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Evil lover, you have lied so much that you no longer can see Truth. Many are not living dead like you and can still discern a Truth from a lie. The Answers are always there but only the pure can find them.

Where did God say he has a son he was sending to die for the sins of men in the old testament...just answer, no insult please..
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
AntiChristian:
Quote the hadith?

Keep mute please!

Home
Philosophy & Religion
Religious Personages & Scholars
Muhammad
prophet of Islam
Alternate titles: Aḥmad, Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim
Written by
See All
Fact-checked by
Last Updated: Jan 1, 2023 • Article History
Top Questions
Who was Muhammad?
What family did Muhammad have?
What are the traditional events of Muhammad’s life?
What are the scholarly sources of Muhammad’s biography?
Why are images of Muhammad generally prohibited in Islam?
Summary
Read a brief summary of this topic
Muhammad, in full Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim, (born c. 570, Mecca, Arabia [now in Saudi Arabia]—died June 8, 632, Medina), the founder of Islam and the proclaimer of the Qurʾān. Muhammad is traditionally said to have been born in 570 in Mecca and to have died in 632 in Medina, where he had been forced to emigrate to with his adherents in 622.

Narrated Anas (ra): The climate of Al Madina did not suit some people, so the Prophet (pbuh) ordered them to proceed along with his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine) ..."
[sub][/sub]
Saheeh Al Bukhaari - Vol 7, Hadith 5686
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 5:21am On Feb 07, 2023
MightySparrow:

Home
Philosophy & Religion
Religious Personages & Scholars
Muhammad
prophet of Islam
Alternate titles: Aḥmad, Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim
Written by
See All
Fact-checked by
Last Updated: Jan 1, 2023 • Article History
Top Questions
Who was Muhammad?
What family did Muhammad have?
What are the traditional events of Muhammad’s life?
What are the scholarly sources of Muhammad’s biography?
Why are images of Muhammad generally prohibited in Islam?
Summary
Read a brief summary of this topic
Muhammad, in full Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim, (born c. 570, Mecca, Arabia [now in Saudi Arabia]—died June 8, 632, Medina), the founder of Islam and the proclaimer of the Qurʾān. Muhammad is traditionally said to have been born in 570 in Mecca and to have died in 632 in Medina, where he had been forced to emigrate to with his adherents in 622.

Narrated Anas (ra): The climate of Al Madina did not suit some people, so the Prophet (pbuh) ordered them to proceed along with his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine) ..."
[sub][/sub]
Saheeh Al Bukhaari - Vol 7, Hadith 5686

So The father of Qasim is the same as Qasim?....

Hope you won't perish on telling lies.
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 5:46am On Feb 07, 2023
AntiChristian:

So The father of Qasim is the same as Qasim?....

Hope you won't perish on telling lies.

Muslims can lie!
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 5:50am On Feb 07, 2023
MightySparrow:

Muslims can lie!

May the wrath of God be on the liar between us this morning!
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by MightySparrow: 6:25am On Feb 07, 2023
AntiChristian:

May the wrath of God be on the liar between us this morning!

Liar
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by RightChannel: 6:48am On Feb 07, 2023
The same way God needs Prophets to teach the truth and interprets the word of God is the same way he needs a son for the redemption of mankind
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Kobojunkie: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2023
RightChannel:
The same way God needs Prophets to teach the truth and interprets the word of God is the same way he needs a son for the redemption of mankind
He actually doesn't need prophets that is why John the Baptist was the last of the prophets sent by God before His New Covenant, Jesus Christ took over. Recall that God said that in His New Covenant, Jesus Christ, He alone will teach those who would learn of Himself - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34undecided
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by bobestman(m): 8:02am On Feb 07, 2023
He sent his prophets first who were killed before sending the son. Anyone who sees you has seen your son and vice versa. It is like sending himself to them. Other prophets may struggle to recieve direction from the father but he who has been with the father and knows him very well can easily connect to him. Also as a king who owns the world you could give some part to your son to rule. The earth was given to son of manu to rule since the begining -Rev 12
When God created the world their were special ppl he created who were called sons. The first of them is the one he called his dearest. If you have many sons today, you put everything in the hands of your first son who could succeed you if need be. So a son is needed.
A clown said God can't have a son lol. These world was first ruled by gods. They married and have children. Later you a homo erectus was created. The bad ones among the gods slept with your women and have children by them. If God can't have a son then who created you? Are you not sons of Gods?
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2023
MightySparrow:
His plan of redemption hinges on His ruling of two Nations
■ The Nation of Israel — all 12 tribes combined— where He made an agreement to the people that He would give them a king from among their brethren when they demanded one of Him. God's intended plan was to be King of Israel but the Israelites demanded they have a human as king instead - 1 Samuel 8 - as God had said they would, and so He gave them Kings from among the stock of Israel.
14 “You will enter the land that the Lord your God is giving you. You will take that land and live in it. Then you will say, ‘We will put a king over us, like all the nations around us.’
15 When that happens, you must be sure to choose the king that the Lord your God chooses. The king over you must be one of your own people. You must not make a foreigner your king. - Deuteronomy 17 vs 14 - 15
■ The Kingdom of Priests which He, God, established for Himself of the stock of Israel - Exodus 19 vs 6 - who God promised that He would send only prophets and Kings from among their brethren to. undecided
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by NNTR: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
MightySparrow:

The reason why would the Father need a Son for the redemption of mankind, is because, simply, you need like, for, like.
You need a human being, for a human being.
You need a flawless human being prototype, to replace, a marred and flawed original human being prototype
You need a perfect Specimen to replace the imperfect specimen with.

Consequently, we all said and done, is the reason, why the Son cried and confirmed with saying 'Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani' meaning, 'this is why I have been kept or this is My destiny' or alternatively, equally, 'this why, I, God, had hold Myself back, all these years, to die later for Yasharahla', to then say: 'it is finished' (i.e. mission accomplished, literally)

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Why Would God Need A Son In The Programme Of Redemption by AntiChristian: 8:48am On Feb 08, 2023
MightySparrow:

Liar

Let the wrath be on the liar!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Skeleton Church / Alhaji Olabowale = Nopuqeater? / "How Transparent Should Church Finances Be?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.