Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story (58487 Views)

Bisi Alimi Slams Senators Behind Anti Same Sex Bill (Photo) / APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by THEAMAKA(f): 12:10am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

That's for him and not me.
exactly.

Travelista:

No offense but you're being aggressively oversexual. You may be taking the piss but you're doing the gay rights movement no favors with your nastiness.

and you said:

manny4life:

Anyone could be nasty on their own even straight guys are and it has nothing to do with the gay rights movement nor with sexual orientation. The gay rights movement fight for equality amongst all other things.

and i responded:
THE AMAKA:

then he can take himself to the sexuality section. damn.
quit trying to preach on everything.

Beaf:

Beaf winks at The Amaka wink--[/i]

wink kiss
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:12am On Aug 13, 2010
Travelista:

Manny, I think you have a boycrush on DawgPound!  grin grin grin That's really cute but stop answering for him; he's a big boy. And it has everything to do with gay rights; there are some that see homosexuality as sexual deviancy. All we've heard from DP has been sexual. I'd like to think there's more to him than that but maybe not. I'm starting to get the feeling that DP is what he's representing himself as but that's just me.

Honey that was a nice thought though but sadly enough I don't. It's time the real truth be told. Yes he sure can speak for himself, but you used " gay rights movement" if he chose nastiness, that's him, but when u associate the way he chose to act to gay movement in a negative term, u would expect someone to react to some notion. Like I've always maintained, I firmly believe on the founding constitutional rights; equality for all regardless of sexual orientation.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:16am On Aug 13, 2010
philip0906:

loooooooooooool. . .a rat wanting 2 fight an elephant.My brova,don't even think of getting your self killed 4 a somewhat unjust cause.Even d Niger deltans fighting 4 a just thing,haven't succeeded,talkles of gays,homos. . .lol.U think Nigeria is america?South africa? Even if all d gays in d world want 2 storm Nigeria,they'll all be buried alive.
And 4 d talk of retaliating,dats even more silly.Haven't u heard of religious crisis and all d stuff dat takes place?I bet homos retaliating will be like a rat trying 2 get 2 bite off of an elephant grin grin. . .U'll just include your whole family in d equation and kill some more inocent people-have u heard of ethnic cleansing? grin grin

Dude u can call me whatever u want, I did not say killing everyone, people in U.S. history have died for "just cause", so if I do, I still maintain, I have at least two people coming with me. This is an individual fight and not religious nor socio-cultural so leave all those groups out of it. If u decide to attack me to kill me, yes u would succeed, again what makes u think u would leave alive or at least without a scar? You right, Nigeria and America are not the same, America has tools, equipments and teach you to be more of a defender than offender, and a good one at that, where as Nigeria doesn't. Let alone if I'm both; defender and offender, I wouldn't be afraid to die.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Mobinga: 12:20am On Aug 13, 2010
By The way. . . any 1 know where I can find a Nigerian[b] L[/b]esbian??
cool cool
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 12:23am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

Dude u can call me whatever u want, I did not say killing everyone, people in U.S. history have died for "just cause", so if I do, I still maintain, I have at least two people coming with me. This is an individual fight and not religious nor socio-cultural so leave all those groups out of it. If u decide to attack me to kill me, yes u would succeed, again what makes u think u would leave alive or at least without a scar? You right, Nigeria and America are not the same, America has tools, equipments and teach you to be more of a defender than offender, and a good one at that, where as Nigeria doesn't. Let alone if I'm both; defender and offender, I wouldn't be afraid to die.
Well,Good 4 u grin grin grin ~la mort bette est evitable. . .c'est a toi de choisir~
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Travelista(f): 12:25am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

Honey that was a nice thought though but sadly enough I don't. It's time the real truth be told. Yes he sure can speak for himself, but you used " gay rights movement" if he chose nastiness, that's him, but when u associate the way he chose to act to gay movement in a negative term, u would expect someone to react to some notion. Like I've always maintained, I firmly believe on the founding constitutional rights; equality for all regardless of sexual orientation.

You believe in the founding constitutional rights? Are you sure? Is it the same original constitution only gave voting rights to White, male property owners and counted every Black person as 3/5 of a person? There's no mention of sexual orientation amongst those founding rights and, if they had an idea about the brouhaha that would erupt over marriage 2 centuries later, those same founding fathers would have spelled out marriage as between man and wife. Equality for sexual orientation only became a buzz phrase in the past 20-25 years, so again: what founding rights are you talking about?

As for the comment I made about DP's nastiness, there are some that see gays as sexually aggressive and he's playing right into that stereotype. Instead of wasting your time with me, why don't you talk to your boy and ask him to tone down the crassness and stop being a caricature?
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2010
philip0906:

Well,Good 4 u grin grin grin ~la mort bette est evitable. . .c'est a toi de choisir~

I sure don't know you just said, I sure don't speak French; but if u translate, that will be good. I've always maintained a liberal view on homosexuality and anyone not happy with my view sorry but certainly not a ground for violence.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by kushe: 12:29am On Aug 13, 2010
Mobinga:

By The way. . . any 1 know where I can find a Nigerian[b] L[/b]esbian??
cool cool
[/quote

u can get 20 of dem for 10 bucks,naa so dem yapa and i just dont know why it is becoming fashionable for girls to have made out with another girl
it stats out for a lot of dem as fooling around,sad thing though is that the allure of the experience is rather strong and an addiction tails their experience.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 13, 2010
This thread is still going on shocked shocked

An amendment is a change or an addition  to the constitution. If a group of people feel that the constitution is hindering their right of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness", they have the RIGHT to protest. No, homosexual orientation pertaining to marriage is not part of the original constitution, but that can be changed.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:34am On Aug 13, 2010
Travelista:

You believe in the founding constitutional rights? Are you sure? Is it the same original constitution only gave voting rights to White, male property owners and counted every Black person as 3/5 of a person? There's no mention of sexual orientation amongst those founding rights and, if they had an idea about the brouhaha that would erupt over marriage 2 centuries later, those same founding fathers would have spelled out marriage as between man and wife. Equality for sexual orientation only became a buzz phrase in the past 20-25 years, so again: what founding rights are you talking about?

As for the comment I made about DP's nastiness, there are some that see gays as sexually aggressive and he's playing right into that stereotype. Instead of wasting your time with me, why don't you talk to your boy and ask him to tone down the crassness and stop being a caricature?

Do you really want me to give you a brief on constitutional law? When the Declaration of independence was proclaimed as evidence, it was "all men are created equal under the law, thus, have certain rights and privileges amongst them are life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. I can continue to go on if u like me to and bring u into the bill of rights and equal protection clause as well. Now thats the rights I'm talking about. Although you are right about sexual orientation, however, its a common right actually first amendment right to express freedom of speech.

Now when our founding father established our rights, they did not mean strength not "sexual orientation", however, our founding fathers were seeking a committed government that would guarantee equally to all individuals under the rule of law and security for liberty under the law.

Now when you have a government who has refused blatantly to be "equal under the same law" by not extending federal benefit which everyone is entitled to just because they labelled "gays"; Massachusetts vs United States, read the merit briefs, you would see why I say equality under the law.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by kushe: 12:40am On Aug 13, 2010
manny is too gbaski grin grin grin

bro u know ur onions and sound reasoning is usually in the minority and that is why people are referred to as geniuses.

u know nigerians love the sound of their own voice but unfortunately turn off their thinking or processing faculties when talking.
that is why we are a country of plenty words with extremely few results to show for it.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Mobinga: 12:40am On Aug 13, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
LESBIANS!!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by bgees(m): 12:41am On Aug 13, 2010
Manny4life is gay. grin
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 13, 2010
bgees:

Manny4life is gay. grin

Not every pro-gay right is a gay or lesbian. wink
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Travelista(f): 12:43am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

Do you really want me to give you a brief on constitutional law? When the Declaration of independence was proclaimed as evidence, it was "all men are created equal under the law, thus, have certain rights and privileges amongst them are life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. I can continue to go on if u like me to and bring u into the bill of rights and equal protection clause as well. Now thats the rights I'm talking about. Although you are right about sexual orientation, however, its a common right actually first amendment right to express freedom of speech.

Manny, stop while you're still ahead. You, of all people, aren't capable of schooling me on anything, let alone constitutional law (*snort*), when you claim that the original constitution spoke of equality for sexual orientation. The men that the Founding Fathers were talking about as having been created equal were White, male land owners. I even mentioned 1 Black counting as 3/5 of a person; on what planet does that indicate equality amongst men? FL_Gators already gave a basic primer on rights and subsequent amendments; I suggest you read what she wrote and keep your smarm away from me.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by THEAMAKA(f): 12:43am On Aug 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Not every pro-gay right is a gay or lesbian.  wink
and not everyone that opposes it is a closeted homosexual.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by kushe: 12:44am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life, ngbo are u gay ??
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by bgees(m): 12:44am On Aug 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Not every pro-gay right is a gay or lesbian.  wink

well , he seems too pro-gay to be straight.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 12:44am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

I sure don't know you just said, I sure don't speak French; but if u translate, that will be good. I've always maintained a liberal view on homosexuality and anyone not happy with my view sorry but certainly not a ground for violence.
well,it means ~worthless death is evitable. . .its left 4 u 2 choose~ wink
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2010
kushe:

manny4life, ngbo are u gay ??

No I'm not, just have a "strong" liberal opinion about gay issues.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Travelista(f): 12:46am On Aug 13, 2010
Manny, why do you keep going back and editing your comments? You're original comment was nothing like what you have posted now.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 13, 2010
bgees:

well , he seems too pro-gay to be straight.

Me, I just loff arguing  grin grin, and I think same can be said for many4life. . . . maybe that's why he's really into this.

THE AMAKA:

and not everyone that opposes it is a closeted homosexual.
Nobody is arguing that wink
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:47am On Aug 13, 2010
Travelista:

Manny, why do you keep going back and editing your comments? You're original comment was nothing like what you have posted now.

I was not editing, you know when I write, I'm used to writing very well, so when my English is wrong or doesn't convey my opinion, I have to rewrite it again but its still saying same thing
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Aug 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Me, I just loff arguing  grin grin, and I think same can be said for many4life. . . . maybe that's why he's really into this.
Nobody is arguing that wink

Why I'm so into it because a co-worker of mine has been a victim of so-called gay bashing which still pisses me off. Now from the beginning, I said I work in a diverse environment, I have gay co-workers and they really nice people and although we have conflicting opinions, I guess we still work together.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Travelista(f): 12:50am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

I was not editing, you know when I write, I'm used to writing very well, so when my English is wrong or doesn't convey my opinion, I have to rewrite it again but its still saying same thing

Try again. You added new text to your original post which goes beyond basic editing, so don't try and BS me.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:51am On Aug 13, 2010
Travelista:

Try again. You added new text to your original post which goes beyond basic editing, so don't try and BS me.

As for the adding part, yes I was adding to my original post, to convey my point. I mean I can write a page long, full or my written argument, but not everyone will be delighted to read it u know.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

Why I'm so into it because a co-worker of mine has been a victim of so-called gay bashing which still pisses me off. Now from the beginning, I said I work in a diverse environment, I have gay co-workers and they really nice people and although we have conflicting opinions, I guess we still work together.

Ok. I get it.

I understand the fear of everyone on this thread. Yea, it first the thought of homosexuality might be revolting. But this are stillyour everyday people who chooses to practice homosexuality in their own way.  undecided Like I said, as long as they're not invading my privacy, they can do whatever they want.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by philip0906(m): 12:53am On Aug 13, 2010
Looking at Manny's replies,I just can't help but laff.He seems just 2 cool 2 be gay.Or maybe its a ploy 2 win us over(which is impossible) grin grin
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:54am On Aug 13, 2010
Travelista:

Manny, stop while you're still ahead. You, of all people, aren't capable of schooling me on anything, let alone constitutional law (*snort*), when you claim that the original constitution spoke of equality for sexual orientation. The men that the Founding Fathers were talking about as having been created equal were White, male land owners. I even mentioned 1 Black counting as 3/5 of a person; on what planet does that indicate equality amongst men? FL_Gators already gave a basic primer on rights and subsequent amendments; I suggest you read what she wrote and keep your smarm away from me.

Hey I wasn't teaching you, you know quite a few people who are Americans without knowing simple foundations of american law which is often referred to as constitutional law. When law enforcement stops me, and begins to tell me crap, I know my rights, and in a nice manner, I will invoke my rights so if the officer is doing something wrong, he would know that his dealing with a "colored individual" who know his right"
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 12:58am On Aug 13, 2010
philip0906:

Looking at Manny's replies,I just can't help but laff.He seems just 2 cool 2 be gay.Or maybe its a ploy 2 win us over(which is impossible) grin grin

Look I'm not winning anyone over. For some good reason, this happens to be a hot button issue/topic for me, maybe one day, I will run for senator/Governor maybe seek appointment in govt fields, and if I don't have a firm stand, I will fail, grin grin grin
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by Beaf: 1:03am On Aug 13, 2010
manny4life:

Hey I wasn't teaching you, you know quite a few people who are Americans without knowing simple foundations of american law which is often referred to as constitutional law. When law enforcement stops me, and begins to tell me crap, I know my rights, and in a nice manner, I will invoke my rights so if the officer is doing something wrong, he would know that his dealing with a "colored individual" who know his right"

. . .Your "rights" don't exist in Nigeria, Johnny.
Re: Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story by manny4life(m): 1:09am On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

. . .Your "rights" don't exist in Nigeria, Johnny.

Oh well I guess that's Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (39) (Reply)

Prof. Jega Resuming Office At The University Today (Photos) / Tinubu & Rotimi Amaechi At Private Wing Of MMIA Lagos (Photos) / Mohammed Babangida's Convoy Involved In An Accident, 3 Soldiers Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.