Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion (5569 Views)

If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? / Before Christ Returns There is Going To Be Three Major Wars / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Died For Our Sins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Ranchhoddas: 9:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It is reality Ranchhoddas
Probably. It does not make it any less romantic.

You possibly might get an in into the kingdom. Time is a snitch, let's not worry, time certainly will tell
This reminds of song from the series "Empire"
I don't even believe that the kingdom is real.

I dont seem to understand what this "I dey sorry for even Christmas fowl wey dem wan kill" remark. What's that all about please?
You don't understand pidgin?
You be Ajebutter?

I mean that my empathy is large and cuts across species. I wish I could stop animals from being gruesomely murdered everyday for food.

You can know this from reading about it in the bible. It's written in red and white Ranchhoddas.
Red letter edition?
I'm sure there is a copy somewhere in my house.
There are a lot of things in the Bible that make a person suspicious.
Yesterday I stumbled on Zechariah 8:23. Want to explain it?
Seems to me like another sick for atheists to flog Christians with. I don't think they are aware of it yet.

Rachhhoddas, compassion cuts right through Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, New Age, Heathenism, ATR etcetera
Ditto for wickedness

Tell Ranchhoddas, do you ever ask about someone's belief or unbelief first, before offering them help or assistance?
Do you ever first, ask about someone's belief or unbelief before extending your compassion to them, especially when in time of need?
Do you ask them first before helping, if they are a buddist, muslim, atheist or ATR practioner? No, I dont think you or anyone with the right thinking does. That is what we all are expected to do, an act like that is pure, true and you cant fault it. It is the religion that gives the person practising it, a free pass into the kingdom
What about belief in Jesus?
There are many people on here would disagree with you.

Reading about it in the bible sure is comforting and certainly makes one feel right
Before nko?
Why do you think religion is called the opium of the people?

Guess exactly what Ranchhoddas, just like the word "mouse", the word "religion" too has changed its meaning from what it originally was. It has changed from when it used to be about benevolence, thoughtful consideration and generosity for other people in need. Its changed from when it used to be associated with the word compassion
Religion like every other tool, evolves according to the whims of its controllers.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
[quote author=Ranchhoddas post=74734448][/quote]
Let them know,Mr I Am Confident.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 12:15am On Jan 14, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Probably. It does not make it any less romantic.
True, but thought you earlier were scoffing at it

Ranchhoddas:
This reminds of song from the series "Empire"
I don't even believe that the kingdom is real.
Why? Put a finger on what makes you even not believe that the kingdom is real

Ranchhoddas:
You don't understand pidgin?
I sabi pidgin now, na just the way you come yarn that lingo nahin throwe me

Ranchhoddas:
You be Ajebutter?
I bin Ajebutter slash Ajepako, crime no dey for that

Ranchhoddas:
I mean that my empathy is large and cuts across species. I wish I could stop animals from being gruesomely murdered everyday for food.
Animals are not murdered for food, but correctly put, are killed for food consumption. You do know eating animals for food, wasnt part of the original plan for man, dont you? Man, in the beginning, started life out as a vegan

Ranchhoddas:
Red letter edition?
I'm sure there is a copy somewhere in my house.
There are a lot of things in the Bible that make a person suspicious.
No, but when you read passages in the bible written in red and white, as in words are written with red ink, it means, that is Jesus talking or saying something

Ranchhoddas:
Yesterday I stumbled on Zechariah 8:23. Want to explain it?
Seems to me like another stick for atheists to flog Christians with. I don't think they are aware of it yet.
How and why is this a weapon handy to flog with?

Ranchhoddas:
Ditto for wickedness
Wickedness is the absence of empathy and/or compassion

Ranchhoddas:
What about belief in Jesus?
"An expert in the Law of Moses stood up
and asked Jesus a question to see what He would say.
"Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to have eternal life?"
"
- Luke 10:25

Yeah, what about belief in Jesus? How do you mean, what about belief in Jesus? Never mind, those two preceded, are rhetorical questions, but Ranchhhoddas, are you familiar with and understand that reproduced above Luke 10:25?

Ranchhoddas:
There are many people on here would disagree with you.
For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.
- Matthew 7:14

Ranchhoddas, never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream, besides, you know me by now, I am a one man MOPOL. I dont go where the path may lead, I go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. It is not the first subject and certainly wouldnt be the last many people on here would disagree on with me. Recent would be, Ihedinobi3, he didn't share my view, which if you have been tracking the conversations between him and I on this thread, you would have noticed. He disagreed with me, definitely because he was paying attention to my finger, focusing on it and so missed seeing that, I was pointing at. Remember the thread is captioned "How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion" and my contribution beamed a light on the area of darkness frosbel2 raised with the topic.

Ranchhoddas, the narrow path, is less travelled by. No wonder, Thomas Dewar, once famously remarked:
"There is no traffic congestion on the straight and narrow path"

Ranchhoddas:
Before nko?
You havent enthusiastically taken in this yet Ranchhoddas. Or should I share more to Luke 10:25 above? There is more than one flavour that gives one, a free pass into the Kingdom and/or a "get out of jail" card you know. I can share the bible passages, if curious.

Ranchhoddas:
Why do you think religion is called the opium of the people?
It is organised religion(s), like for example, Christianity, that is called the opium of the people, and not empathy and/or compassion, that is pure, true and without faults Ranchhoddas

Ranchhoddas:
Religion like every other tool, evolves according to the whims of its controllers.
Religion takes different shapes and forms, has different passions, interest, rituals etcetera, and so football is a religion, ice hockey is a religion, fashion for some is a religion and atheism too funnily enough, as well, is a religion but nobody, not even you Ranchhoddas, can find a fault in empathy and/or with compassion
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Ranchhoddas: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
True, but thought you earlier were scoffing at it

Why? Put a finger on what makes you even not believe that the kingdom is real
Lack of evidence is a good reason I would think.

I sabi pidgin now, na just the way you come yarn that lingo nahin throwe me

I bin Ajebutter slash Ajepako, crime no dey for that
I come dey wonder.

Animals are not murdered for food, but correctly put, are killed for food consumption. You do know eating animals for food, wasnt part of the original plan for man, dont you? Man, in the beginning, started life out as a vegan
"Kill", "Murder"
What's the difference?

Are you presenting Jewish fables as real historical facts?

No, but when you read passages in the bible written in red and white, as in words are written with red ink, it means, that is Jesus talking or saying something
I know this.

How and why is this a weapon handy to flog with?
Sounds like a false prophecy, not unlike the one found in Isaiah 4:1 -- another conveniently abandoned by Bible apologists.

Wickedness is the absence of empathy and/or compassion
Wayo wan start again. They are antonyms

"An expert in the Law of Moses stood up
and asked Jesus a question to see what He would say.
"Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to have eternal life?"
"
- Luke 10:25

Yeah, what about belief in Jesus? How do you mean, what about belief in Jesus? Never mind, those two preceded, are rhetorical questions, but Ranchhhoddas, are you familiar with and understand that reproduced above Luke 10:25?

For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it.
- Matthew 7:14
I am. And I understand it, as long as we are taking it at face value.

Ranchhoddas, never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream, besides, you know me by now, I am a one man MOPOL. I dont go where the path may lead, I go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. It is not the first subject and certainly wouldnt be the last many people on here would disagree on with me. Recent would be, Ihedinobi3, he didn't share my view, which if you have been tracking the conversations between him and I on this thread, you would have noticed. He disagreed with me, definitely because he was paying attention to my finger, focusing on it and so missed seeing that, I was pointing at. Remember the thread is captioned "How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion" and my contribution beamed a light on the area of darkness frosbel2 raised with the topic.

Ranchhoddas, the narrow path, is less travelled by. No wonder, Thomas Dewar, once famously remarked:
"There is no traffic congestion on the straight and narrow path"
There are many roads less travelled. Charles T. Russell, Ellen G. White, Ron. L Hubbard, Osho to name a few have also made statements like yours.
Does this mean they are all right? You are not the first "one man mopol". You will not be the last.
If there are are 10 straight and narrow ways how do know you are on the right way. There is the straight and narrow and there is the right way (I presume). Don't mix things up.

You havent enthusiastically taken in this yet Ranchhoddas. Or should I share more to Luke 10:25 above? There is more than one flavour that gives one, a free pass into the Kingdom and/or a "get out of jail" card you know. I can share the bible passages, if curious.
I have been hearing this since I could hear. If I was more enthusiastic I would be a pastor.

It is organised religion(s), like for example, it is Christianity, that is called the opium of the people, and not empathy and/or compassion, that is pure, true and without faults Ranchhoddas
I only have your word for this.

Religion takes different shapes and forms, has different passions, interest, rituals etcetera, and so football is a religion, ice hockey is a religion, fashion for some is a religion and atheism too funnily enough, as well, is a religion but nobody, not even you Ranchhoddas, can find a fault in empathy and/or with compassion
You don start again ooo.

Tell me, no ambiguity, what religion do you practice?
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
OK.
MuttleyLaff:

The access to have Jesus Christ represent you, is the right to free legal aid, you share of with every other human being. It doesnt matter how unpopular, nasty or horrible a person you are, if you believe in Jesus Christ and want Him, anytime, in your life, before or after death, to take your case, He will, He will take your case as an Advocate, Defense Attorney, Defence Counsel, Lawyer, Solicitor or Barrister and win it for you. Instead of you representing and defending yourself, it is Jesus Christ who this way comes to your aid and brings His expertise to the task.

Read earlier post above yours and even read further on below Originakalokalo for more. The chance is still there after death and there is a good reason for the provision and just set up

The YouTube video is flawed on many fronts and is riddled with false and inaccurate information, especially and deliberately intended to mislead with. There are more holes than Swiss cheese in the warped YouTube video

The word Jesse and name Jesus Christ is an anathema for the Mr Smith and Mr Clark of this world, so his nature will never let Mr Smith accept Jesse as a Counsel to represent and defend him. This Jesus Christ deep-seated feeling of aversion is applicable to the frosbel2, Dantedasz etcetera of this world declining the free legal aid service of Jesus Christ.

The fact and truth of the matter, is that Jesus Christ depicted as Jesse, in that YouTube video, already 2000 years old, was wounded for human beings' iniquities, He was bruised for human beings' sins, endured punishment that made human beings well and because of his wounds human beings have been healed, there is no need for Jesse to be punished again for Mr Smith and Mr Clark, all that Mr Smith and Mr Clark needed to do is to accept Jesus Christ, confess Him with their mouth and believe in heart, but do you really think that will happen huh? Hell will have to freeze first before any chance of that could be considered it will happen

Even at crunch down, like in a court room, as depicted in that YouTube video, you can tell a lot about a person's character from how they act when the chips are down. Case in point, because of Mr Smith's and Mr Clark's chronic and hardened nature, they will rather go to the dark abyss, than lose face by accepting Jesus Christ as Saviour and personally acknowledging Him and having Jesus Christ as a Counsel to represent them. Notice in the YouTube video that Mr Smith and Mr Clark represented themselves. Need I go on? Need I say more?

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by sonmvayina(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
We went to our ancestors for answers..

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 11:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
sonmvayina:
We went to our ancestors for answers..
[img]https://s3/images/3xsmhp.gif[/img]
Smh. How far back, lol?
Grandpa, great grandpa, great great grandpa or what?

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by sonmvayina(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Smh. How far back, lol? Grandpa, great grandpa, great great grandpa or what?

Stop making a fool of yourself... From the 5th parents back...
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
sonmvayina:
Stop making a fool of yourself...
From the 5th parents back...
Why dont you say just that in front of a mirror, lol, mister ancestors worship
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Why dont you say just that in front of a mirror, lol, mister ancestors woship

Mr white man's god worshipper, lol.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 09, 2020
Yes, and there's no repentance in the grave as well
Originakalokalo:
@ Muttleylaff,

You only believe in Jesus before death...

There is no forgiveness in the grave..for those who are alive and have heard the gospel. ..

It is appointed unto man to die once.... And after that judgement.

I am hearing this from you for the first time... It is a doctrine of the devils I tell you.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2020
frosbel2:
Mr white man's god worshipper, lol.
Mister frosbel2, you miss road, you bin carry yur cloth for repair, you carry am go for shoe-maker, lol. Gorilla, when run from bush, come enter Lagos, and enter bus, hin miss road, oh yes, hin miss road and hin go cause confusion. Mister frosbel2, you miss yur road, so don't come my way I beg una. Don't come my way, lol, with you spinning that your "... white man's god ..." ignorant line. Mister frosbel2, shey white man, oyinbo pepper, dey for Africa ni or the Middle East sef for that matter ni, hmm?
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2020
Originakalokalo:
@ Muttleylaff,

You only believe in Jesus before death...

There is no forgiveness in the grave..for those who are alive and have heard the gospel. ..

It is appointed unto man to die once.... And after that judgement.

I am hearing this from you for the first time... It is a doctrine of the devils I tell you.

Bodydialect57:
Yes, and there's no repentance in the grave as well
Please to see you drop in here and jump on this, lol.

Here's are my reservations
1/ Do you agree with the alarmist Originakalokalo that my comment is a doctrine of the devils, lol?
2/ Please show me where in the Bible, that, in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, it says there is no repentance after death or in the grave. Hmm?

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Mister you miss road, he carry hin cloth for repair, hin carry am go for shoe-maker, lol. Gorilla, when run from bush, come enter Lagos, and enter bus, hin miss road, oh yes, hin miss road and hin go cause confusion. Mister, you miss your road, so don't come my way I beg you. Don't come my way, lol, with spinning that your "... white man's god ..." ignorant line. Shey white man dey for Africa or the Middle East sef for that matter ni, hmm?

Eons prior to the arrival of the slave traders and colonialists who brought death , destruction and of course the BIBLE , we had our own religion, imperfect as it was; we believed in the one god and though you could argue that there were a number of despicable practices, we should have been able to reform the system and improve our mode of worship without recourse to a total abandonment of our way of life. That’s why the black man lacks originality, he lives a copycat life style whereas other races retain their tradition and culture , though they may borrow a few virtues from others.

ISLAM and Christianity are NOVEL to Sub-Saharan Africa; we have inadvertently exchanged our own culture and religion with foreign ones and the result is there for all to see ; confusion, mayhem and spiritual anarchy.

Nigeria is evidence that religion is fake and a big farce.

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 1:39am On Mar 09, 2020
frosbel2:
Eons prior to the arrival of the slave traders and colonialists who brought death, destruction and of course the BIBLE, we had our own religion, imperfect as it was; we believed in the one god
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-1-484fe370c498.gif[/img]
Pull the other leg, its got bells on it

frosbel2:
and though you could argue that there were a number of despicable practices, we should have been able to reform the system and improve our mode of worship without recourse to a total abandonment of our way of life. That’s why the black man lacks originality, he lives a copycat life style whereas other races retain their tradition and culture, though they may borrow a few virtues from others.

ISLAM and Christianity are NOVEL to Sub-Saharan Africa; we have inadvertently exchanged our own culture and religion with foreign ones and the result is there for all to see; confusion, mayhem and spiritual anarchy.

Nigeria is evidence that religion is fake and a big farce.
You know that they say that somethings are better left unsaid. You didn't have to say, what you did. Now why not have a box of tissues while you cry me a crocodile tears river
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2020
I have never been an attendee/ student in the classroom of the devils, so how do l know what is taught there? Lols
My position on this as you well know is that when a living man, who has heard of the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ, refuses to believe in Him, if such should die in unbelief, there's no more room for repentance in the grave.
MuttleyLaff:

Please to see you drop in here and jump on this, lol.

Here's are my reservations
1/ Do you agree with the alarmist Originakalokalo that my comment is a doctrine of the devils, lol?
2/ Please show me where in the Bible, that, in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt, it says there is no repentance after death or in the grave. Hmm?

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
Bodydialect57:
I have never been an attendee/ student in the classroom of the devils, so how do l know what is taught there? Lols
My position on this as you well know is that when a living man, who has heard of the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ, refuses to believe in Him, if such should die in unbelief, there's no more room for repentance in the grave.

All your ancestors who were not preached to for over 2000 years , are all in hell fire now burning with unquenchable fire. Beware lest you also commit one teeny-tiny sin and be cast into outer darkness for all eternity.

Useless man manufactured religion....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-1-484fe370c498.gif[/img]
Pull the other leg, its got bells on it

You know that they say that somethings are better left unsaid. You didn't have to say, what you did. Now why not have a box of tissues while you cry me a crocodile tears river

My friend , leaving your cult is the best decision any sane person can and will ever make. It is ridden with contradiction, confusion, anarchy, hypcocrisy and foolishness. Dont waste the best part of your youth worshipping a foreign god who your ancestors never knew.

wink

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hey,
Please do leave my ancestors to face the judgment of the JUST God.

What you should be more concerned with is your placement in eternity, having heard the gospel, and deliberately rejecting it. What will be your excuse before the JUST God?
frosbel2:

All your ancestors who were not preached to for over 2000 years , are all in hell fire now burning with unquenchable fire. Beware lest you also commit one teeny-tiny sin and be cast into outer darkness for all eternity.

Useless man manufactured religion....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Hey,
Please do leave my ancestors to face the judgment ojf the JUST God.

What you should be more concerned with is your placement in eternity, having heard the gospel, and deliberately rejecting it. What will be your excuse before the JUST God?

Take your fearmongering elsewhere , works only on brainwashed kids.

Use your Jesus to FIX Nigeria.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Fear not, frosbel2.

The door of God's mercy is still wide open for your use.

Its an advice, take it or leave it.

frosbel2:

Take your fearmongering elsewhere , works only on brainwashed kids.

Use your Jesus to FIX Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by StrikeBack(m): 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
5 pages and no solid straightforward answer
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 7:11am On Mar 10, 2020
frosbel2:
My friend, leaving your cult is the best decision any sane person can and will ever make. It is ridden with contradiction, confusion, anarchy, hypcocrisy and foolishness.
"Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise.
And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.
"
- 1 Corinthians 1:27

My friend, I belong in no cult. Oh yeah, of course, God allowed the contradiction, confusion, anarchy, hypcocrisy and foolishness to confound smart-arses, lol

frosbel2:
Dont waste the best part of your youth worshipping a foreign god who your ancestors never knew. wink
What is the name of the god you know and/or your ancestors knew, that's to be worshipped?

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 10, 2020
Christ is just the model God set as a perfect example for those who will live forever in Paradise, those who are married should learn to stick to their wives/husbands and the singles should be prepared to get married if they're not part of the born again Christians having heavenly prospect. All those who will inherit Paradise will have their spouses just as Adam and Eve were in the beginning!

So those who had no opportunity of learning all these will be granted the privilege of resurrection to be educated, if they lived as prisoners of conscience in their first life, all their good deeds will be of use only for the resurrection.

But whoever lived as a wicked person with no conscience will be totally forgotten during the resurrection of the dead.

So when the Bible said "there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous it simply means:-
Those who already knew God's standards and strived to live by it (RIGHTEOUS)
Those who never knew God's standards but lived by conscience (UNRIGHTEOUS)

Those who lived by conscience will be termed as unrighteous because they didn't know the righteousness of God but tried to be virtuous to the best of their ability!

So whether a person lived before or after Christ, the bottom line is he must be a good person to gain the ticket to Paradise, but all those who rejected Jesus thinking their virtuous deeds is enough will never be remembered, because they've rejected the one and only model to imitate in order to gain God's approval for everlasting life!
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2020
StrikeBack:
5 pages and no solid straightforward answer
"12Here's the solid straightforward answer reason:
Whoever sins without having laws from God will still be condemned to destruction. And whoever has laws from God and sins will still be judged by them.
13People who merely listen to laws from God don't have God's approval. Rather, people who do what those laws demand will have God's approval.
14For example, whenever non-Jews who don't have laws from God do by nature the things that Moses' Teachings contain, they are a law to themselves even though they don't have any laws from God.
15They show that some requirements found in Moses' Teachings are written in their hearts. Their consciences speak to them. Their thoughts accuse them on one occasion and defend them on another.
16This happens as they face the day when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge people's secret thoughts. He will use the Good News that I am spreading to make that judgment.
"
- Romans 2:12-16

The Black African are saved before Christ based on being judged by their conscience(s).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise.
And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.
"
- 1 Corinthians 1:27

My friend, I belong in no cult. Oh yeah, of course, God allowed the contradiction, confusion, anarchy, hypcocrisy and foolishness to confound smart-arses, lol

What is the name of the god you know and/or your ancestors knew, that's to be worshipped?

Oh wow, how sad, eiya, so you think only the white man or Jew worshipped the true God and all other races worshipped demons? Inferiority complex is a bad thing.

Igbos worshipped Chukwu. Though the religion was imperfect, it still attributed creation, morality and providence to the ONE and ONLY True God. My ancestors did not need your Christianity to know this. When we worshipped Chukwu, there was common decency, higher levels of morality than you have today in so called churches ( more like pagan temples ). Again, the religion was not perfect, but there was general consensus in the existence of a single creator.

Besides, if your HOLY BOOK teaches us how to live HOLY and provides us with the ability to do so, what is it with the wanton moral decadence amongst your born again folk. See Nigeria today, lol. Millions of bible believing Christians and yet gross darkness like never before. So much for your Jesus is light theory.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

The Black African are saved before Christ based on being judged by their conscience(s).

What about those who died after Christ ? It took over a millenia after the alleged resurrection, for our ancestors to hear of this strange saviour called Jesus , so what happened to them after death ? HELL or "The Black African are saved before Christ based on being judged by their conscience" theory still applies ??

So, if some are judged by their conscience and perhaps saved , what was the point of your JESUS , or are there various methods of salvation. Please don’t take me on a convoluted ramble, just provide logical reasoning for our benefit.

cool
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 10:20am On Mar 10, 2020
frosbel2:
Oh wow, how sad, eiya, so you think only the white man or Jew worshipped the true God and all other races worshipped demons? Inferiority complex is a bad thing.

Igbos worshipped Chukwu. Though the religion was imperfect, it still attributed creation, morality and providence to the ONE and ONLY True God. My ancestors did not need your Christianity to know this. When we worshipped Chukwu, there was common decency, higher levels of morality than you have today in so called churches ( more like pagan temples ). Again, the religion was not perfect, but there was general consensus in the existence of a single creator.
"23For as I walked around and examined your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:
TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.
Therefore what you worship as something unknown, I now proclaim to you.
24The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples made by human hands.
25Nor is He served by human hands, as if He needed anything, because He Himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
26From one ma He made every nation of men, to inhabit the whole earth; and He determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their lands.
27God intended that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us. 28‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.
29Therefore, being offspring of God, we should not think that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by man’s skill and imagination.
30Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all peoplef everywhere to repent.
31For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead.”
"
- Acts 17:23-31

Chukwu, is a product formed from two Igbo words Chi and Ukwu, that means great god. The Igbos, like the Men of Athens, inadvertently, just and unknowingly could, in their general consensus in the existence of a single creator, lol, be worshipping the true God

frosbel2:
Besides, if your HOLY BOOK teaches us how to live HOLY and provides us with the ability to do so, what is it with the wanton moral decadence amongst your born again folk. See Nigeria today, lol. Millions of bible believing Christians and yet gross darkness like never before. So much for your Jesus is light theory.
Useful and informative 2 Chronicles 7:14 states: "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their Nigeria land"

1 Like

Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 10:24am On Mar 10, 2020
frosbel2:
What about those who died after Christ ? It took over a millenia after the alleged resurrection, for our ancestors to hear of this strange saviour called Jesus , so what happened to them after death ? HELL or "The Black African are saved before Christ based on being judged by their conscience" theory still applies ??
Yes, it does

frosbel2:
So, if some are judged by their conscience and perhaps saved, what was the point of your JESUS, or are there various methods of salvation. Please don’t take me on a convoluted ramble, just provide logical reasoning for our benefit. cool
The point of JESUS, is there, to fulfill all righteousness. You wouldnt know anything about that, lol, so I expect this nugget, to swoosh fly over your head, as if, like its a Naija airforce fighter jet, lol.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"23For as I walked around and examined your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:
TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.
Therefore what you worship as something unknown, I now proclaim to you.
24The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples made by human hands.
25Nor is He served by human hands, as if He needed anything, because He Himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.
26From one ma He made every nation of men, to inhabit the whole earth; and He determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their lands.
27God intended that they would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us. 28‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.
29Therefore, being offspring of God, we should not think that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by man’s skill and imagination.
30Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all peoplef everywhere to repent.
31For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead.”
"
- Acts 17:23-31

Chukwu, is a product formed from two Igbo words Chi and Ukwu, that means great god. The Igbos, like the Men of Athens, inadvertently, just and unknowingly could, in their general consensus in the existence of a single creator, lol, be worshipping the true God

Useful and informative 2 Chronicles 7:14 states: "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their Nigeria land"

Dear Sir, I don't need you reading an ancient Middle Eastern BOOK back to me, to confirm the God we believe in , or do not believe in. We believe there is ONE GOD because He is embedded in our ancient tradition , and not because some slave master told us about their Jesus. Besides the same people who introduced your hell bound ancestors (with their inferior traditions ( lol ) ) to Jesus, also engaged in world wide human trafficking ( slavery ) , genocide, resource pilage and dehumanisation of whole cultures. Says so much about the god they believe in SMH.

I love how you Christians go on about holiness while throwing your support behind Trump - an adulterer, porn start fu....er, racist and liar . You guys have definitely missed road.

Yes there is one GOD, but he is not confined within the 'realm' of your BS.

cool
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, it does

The point of JESUS, is there, to fulfill all righteousness. You wouldnt know anything about that, lol, so I expect this nugget, to swoosh fly over your head, as if, like its a Naija airforce fighter jet, lol.

Nope, we do not need JESUS to be righteous. Look at Nigeria with all your 'righteous' Jesus minions, a total moral cesspit. Don't make me laugh.

Righteousness is a practical walk in upright behaviour and a rejection of evil deeds. Even James said we need works to be saved, according to your bible.

Fill in the gap. Faith without ----- is ----------.

No prices for the correct answer unfortunately.
Re: How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion by MuttleyLaff: 6:53am On Mar 11, 2020
frosbel2:
Dear Sir, I don't need you reading an ancient Middle Eastern BOOK back to me, to confirm the God we believe in, or do not believe in. We believe there is ONE GOD because He is embedded in our ancient tradition , and not because some slave master told us about their Jesus. Besides the same people who introduced your hell bound ancestors (with their inferior traditions ( lol ) ) to Jesus, also engaged in world wide human trafficking (slavery), genocide, resource pilage and dehumanisation of whole cultures. Says so much about the god they believe in SMH.
Dear Sir, the questions put before you are:
1a/ Who is the god you believe in?
1b/ Who is the God you believe in?
2a/ What is the name of the god you believe in?
2b/ What is the name of the God you believe in?

frosbel2:
I love how you Christians go on about holiness while throwing your support behind Trump - an adulterer, porn start fu....er, racist and liar. You guys have definitely missed road.
Jesus Christ came into the world for just such that is an adulterer, porn start fu....er, racist and liar etcetera

frosbel2:
Yes there is one GOD, but he is not confined within the 'realm' of your BS cool
BS or tihsllub, BS or bull-vomit, BS or bull-pee, God isnt confined to any of all, lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Race Was Adam? And You Say Evolution Is Crap? / Benny Hinn Captured On Wheel Chair After Brief Illness In Germany(photo) / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.