Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! (2087 Views)

Metuh, Fayose Attend PDP Caucus Meeting / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings / Stop Using, Dumping PDP Members, Mu’azu Tells PDP Caucus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by Gbawe: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2010
Beaf:

This is strange. So while being a card carrying member of the PDP, you have actually volunteered yourself to a PDP faction. Why are you more loyal to the PDP "constitution" than real PDP members? Any secrets to share?
Why are you pro=zoning when a large proportion PDP faithfuls are anti-zoning?

Let Political Parties , first and foremost, follow their own rules. That will move Nigeria closer to gaining a good President . Jonathan's camp are deliberately causing rancour with the zoning affair when they know that there is direct endorsement for zoning in the PDP's constitution that works against their man . Nigerians , regardless of wether they are PDP members or not, should all be worried by how Jonathan is abusing his position and recklessly using the EFCC to actualise his ambition of clinching the PDP ticket.

The last time we saw this type of dictatorial behavious was when another President (OBJ) bullied everyone out of the way , to much protestation by PDP members, so that the PDP , and ultimately, Nigeria could gain his stooge (Yar Adua) . I may not be a PDP member but there is nothing wrong in me wanting the Party to abide by its own rule so that it is those who follow the rules who emerge rather than do-or-die leaders who don't recognise rules in a quest to get their way by all means possible.
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by omofat: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2010
You clearly don't like goodluck which is okay. You keep using this "do-or-die" phrase as if people are supposed to suddenly see monsters when they think of goodluck. Quit being so dramatic please.

Now back to the issue, PDPs constutition is in direct contradiction with the Federal constitution, in which case the Federal constitution wins.

However, the PDP folks say this zoning thing is a gentleman's agreement between members and they should be honor bound to keep it. Fair enough.

Since nobody can really stop anybody from contesting, the sensible thing is for well meaning members to find means of sidetracking the errant members (those violating whatever agreements they have).

To simplify, if Jonathan's running goes against PDPs internal agreements, they (PDP) can put up an opponent against him and then vote for the opponent as their party's flagbearer. Jonathan would then have to stand down, switch to another party or run as an independent.

Please stop being so over the top with this dictatorial/do-or-die nonsense.
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by seanet02: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
zonings stays and we divide nigeria or zoning stays and we keep nigeria
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by Gbawe: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
omo~fat:

You clearly don't like goodluck which is okay. You keep using this "do-or-die" phrase as if people are supposed to suddenly see monsters when they think of goodluck. Quit being so dramatic please.

Now back to the issue, PDPs constutition is in direct contradiction with the Federal constitution, in which case the Federal constitution wins.

However, the PDP folks say this zoning thing is a gentleman's agreement between members and they should be honor bound to keep it. Fair enough.

Since nobody can really stop anybody from contesting, the sensible thing is for well meaning members to find means of sidetracking the errant members (those violating whatever agreements they have).

To simplify, if Jonathan's running goes against PDPs internal agreements, they (PDP) can put up an opponent against him and then vote for the opponent as their party's flagbearer. Jonathan would then have to stand down, switch to another party or run as an independent.

Please stop being so over the top with this dictatorial/do-or-die nonsense.

It may seem over the top to you but the Kingmakers who backed Yar Adua emergence through "one of the worst elections in history " are right behind Jonathan so excuse some of us who are keen to learn from history so that history does not repeat itself . If Jonathan is not a "do-or-die" politician then common decency and integrity would mean that he should distance himself from OBJ, Danjuma, Mr. Fixit (Anenih) and co . OBJ Presided over an election that was condemned the world over . Any sensible candidate , if not consumed with do-or-die desperation, will shun OBJ . Why are the likes OBJ and Anenih in his camp when the entire world knows that both men are shameless and discredited election riggers ?

We all saw Jonathan during the Ekiti Guber election. We already know OBJ, Danjuma and Anenih . Why is it difficult for you to see that , given everything that is happening ,to include billions being insensitively approved everywhere, we may be looking at part 2 of OBJ's "do-or-die" mission of 2006/2007 that saw criminals gain power everywhere?

Not true. Political parties , have the autonomy to use any formula they please to secure the emergence of candidates. It is left to Nigerians not to vote for them if they find a Party's selection process unfair. This is why some racist Parties in the UK can field only white candidates without sanction . The Nigerian Constitution cannot dictate how political Parties should effect their selection process and I don't know what gives you the idea that the Nigerian constitution would attempt to interfere with Partisan Politics.
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by naso2(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
@omo~fat

Just be careful before Gbawe confers the honour of "GRAND COMMANDER OF THE NIGER DELTA" on you. grin grin grin I have been on the same issue with Gbawe on several threads like: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-496385.0.html

While he is entitled to his opinion , he seems to be working too hard to discredit GEJ.

Gbawe if OBJ is a dor-or-die politician, what is tinubu?

AC is almost settlling on Ribadu as their flagbearer even before any primaries, thereafter they will organise some people and have a dress reharsal . That will be victory for democracy to some people.
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by Gbawe: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

@omo~fat

Just be careful before Gbawe confers the honour of "GRAND COMMANDER OF THE NIGER DELTA" on you. grin grin grin I have been on the same issue with Gbawe on several threads like: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-496385.0.html

While he is entitled to his opinion , he seems to be working too hard to discredit GEJ.

Gbawe if OBJ is a dor-or-die politician, what is tinubu?

My brother I am no fan of Tinubu but I am sensible enough to know that he is not the man (according to International Observers ) that conducted "one of the worst elections seen in history". You don't need comparisons on every occasion . This is not about Tinubu. It is about Jonathan accepting the help of discredited individuals who enjoy rigging elections with ease.

AC is almost settlling on Ribadu as their flagbearer even before any primaries, thereafter they will organise some people and have a dress reharsal . That will be victory for democracy to some people.

If a Party , consensus style, settles for a popular and proven Nigerian Performer , without dispute, the entire Party feels can deliver votes, how is anything wrong with that? Do you not understand that Political Parties do not neccessarily have to conduct Primaries?
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by naso2(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother I am no fan of Tinubu but I am sensible enough to know that he is not the man (according to International Observers ) that conducted "one of the worst elections seen in history". You don't need comparisons on every occasion . This is not about Tinubu. It is about Jonathan accepting the help of discredited individuals who enjoy rigging elections with ease.

If a Party , consensus style, settles for a popular Nigerian Preformer without dispute how is anything wrong with that? Do you not understand that Political Parties do not neccessarily have to conduct Primaries?

Na small small una dey use take tell person say him no get sense. No wahala sha.

If you are castigating jonathan partly becuase of his backers ,  ,  . . . why are you not talking about the backers of ribadu . . . or is it possible for anyone to get AC's ticket without tinubu's blessing?
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by naso2(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2010
I can bet that in the next 3 days you will start atleast 2 anti-jonathan thread. abi i lie?
Re: Pdp Caucus: Zoning Stays ! by Gbawe: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2010
na_so:

Na small small una dey use take tell person say him no get sense. No wahala sha.

My brother , you must be mistaking me for Beaf. I don't patronise folks. In fact I enjoy having you on these discussion because , even if we do not agree , We all learn from each other  .

If you are castigating jonathan partly becuase of his backers ,  ,  . . . why are you not talking about the backers of ribadu . . . or is it possible for anyone to get AC's ticket without tinubu's blessing?

I am not a fan of Tinubu but I will view him as a "neccesary evil" if he moves away from business-as-usual politics to endorse a progressive, brave, energetic and dynamic performer while other godfather want to settle for those who may help keep them relevant but will definately take Nigeria backwards.

OBJ is an egotistical individual who is only interested in meritorious appointment when he is running the show . When he is out of power , his main consideration is to install criminals everywhere so he can continue to control event while looking like our best President to date courtesy of how he knows that the  misrulers he promoted to power will surely drag Nigeria backwards.

Look at the SW States . All PDP Governors OBJ promoted to power are outright criminals and thugs (Alao-Akala, Oni, Oyinlola, Daniels) .The SW States , under OBJ's goons , are examples of backwardness  . Meanwhile , Governors OBJ worked to frustrate ( because he saw their independent mindedness which would make them difficult to control) are now some of the more decent Governors in Nigeria (Ameachi and Mimiko) currently.

Tinubu is not perfect but out of him and OBJ , I think Nigerians can see that Tinubu will not mind Nigeria gaining a decent leader while OBJ will be happy to promote the most poor candidate to the Presidency for his own selfish ends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jega Appears Before Fec Over 2011 Elections ! / Patrick Obahiagbon Condolences To Ghanaians / General Buhari Finally Denies BOKO HARAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.