Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,408 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! (52670 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / I Got A Job Through Nairaland, But.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by hillaboi(m): 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Congratulations and Happy New year too.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2020
seanblaise:

Good morning sir.
I want to do some online courses in coursera, how well do you know them and can you help me with mentorship
Coursera is cool and legit.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by benrichest: 1:23am On Jan 10, 2020
think one solution to the ever increasing unemployment level in Nigeria is for the youths to go into the gig economy.

It is estimated that over $1.5 trillion dollars was exchanged on upwork last year.

India alone rakes over 5 billion dollars yearly in freelancing revenue. Why is Nigeria's case different?

Here are some reasons you should be on Upwork.

1. It's a perfect work from home platform.

I've seen people who bought cars from their Upwork earnings working from the comfort of their homes, in their boxers, on the comfort of their beds.

Example is me minus the car sha.. Hehe

I don't need to work for anyone. My earnings will cripple what some government workers make.

Plus, it gives me time to serve God. I can go for any service I want at any time I want to knowing that I can come back to work early in the morning

2. You deal with Americans or foreigners who at least know the value of your skill.

When I deal with foreign clients, I charge between 5 to $10 for 500 words (that's like 3600 for 500 words) but in Naija, some clients can price you for N500 for 1000 words. hehe

The best part of it is, you earn in dollars and this has a higher return when you convert it to naira.

3. Jobs are constant and consistent on Upwork

Every ten seconds a job is uploaded on upwork.

Lots and lots of jobs are available for the freelancer to bid for.

You are only hindered by how good you are or not in sending proposals and getting jobs.

THE ONLY DISADVANTAGE OF UPWORK IS: Opening an account can be very tasking. Infact, 9 out of 10 accounts from Nigerians are rejected if you don't know how to answer their registration questions.

My team and I have been able to help more than 50 persons create and set up great upwork profiles that produce up to $500 monthly.

Normally, my team charges N5,000 for approval and set up but for the month of January, we will do it for just N3,000

We will also send you materials on getting started and writing proposals that get you jobs.

Just in case you don't trust us, you can make payment after the approval and set up.

If you are ready to change your financial situation, make the investment today and get your account running

Whatsapp or call: 08141913541
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2020
Skmoda360:

Please can I send you my CV for review...
Hi. Kindly send your CV to : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com with the Subject *CV review from a Nairalander*. Thanks
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Skmoda360(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hi. Kindly send your CV to : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com with the Subject *CV review from a Nairalander*. Thanks
Alright bro....I will do that tomorrow...
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Skmoda360(m): 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
Intelligentdude:
I sent a message to your mail.......
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 8:45am On Jan 26, 2020
What clients are saying about Intelligentdude Consult.

Click here:
https://www.finelib.com/listing/Intelligentdude-Consulting/72877/

For your professional CV (ATS, Canada, UK Format),Cover Letter and Linkedln Profile Optimization, Call/Text/Whatsapp : 08134657689

Send us a mail : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:37am On Mar 07, 2020
Skmoda360:

I sent a message to your mail.......
Hope your message has been replied?
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Skmoda360(m): 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
Intelligentdude:
Hope your message has been replied?
Yes bro...thanks
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 8:45am On Mar 27, 2020
One of the things Recruiting Managers look out for is the Professional Training Section of CVs. (by Intelligentdude ✍)

A good number of job seekers don’t know the importance of continuous capacity building ,hence relax after acquiring their degree and some certificates acquired during NYSC.

I would advice you utilize every opportunity to build your capacity while getting certified. We have a good number of Free/Low cost courses and certifications that you can take to add more value to your CV/resume.

You might find the following websites useful .
www.khanacademy.org
www.academicearths.org
www.coursera.com
www.edx.org
www.open2study.com
www.academicjournals.org
codeacademy.org
Youtube.com/education

Take advantage of the trainings above and get the necessary certificates. Keep on building your capacity while networking and distributing your CV.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2020
Your curriculum vitae (CV) is one of the most important documents you will ever write. If you have a dream job in mind, then think of your CV as your ticket to successfully securing it. This is your personal selling document and its purpose is to get you an interview.

Your CV needs to give the reader a reason to want to meet you and find out more. A good CV will promote your job skills, experience, training, and attitude. It will also act as a springboard in the interview for further inquiry and discussion. With our years of experience as a leading London recruitment agency, we know how to write a great CV, so check out our top tips on CV writing here...

Structure

1. Start your CV with a clear and concise career objective. A focused career path provides a powerful opening to your CV. For example, "Seeking a challenging, fast-paced executive assistant job."

2. Identify and detail your key career achievements. State the problem / situation, the action you took, and the result / benefit for the business.

3. Detail your career history. Start with your current or most recent position first. State the company, position held, and duties and responsibilities for each. Bullet points are the most effective way to communicate this information.

4. List your education and professional qualifications. Begin with the most recent first.

5. It is crucial that you include the contact details of two references.

Content

1. Consider the position you are applying for and what it is that they are looking for from the job advert. Make sure that your CV clearly addresses the requirements of the role and demonstrates your suitability for it.

2. Concentrate on providing details of more recent and relevant experience to the role, so if you're applying for receptionist jobs, make sure you emphasise your customer-facing experience. Bullet points are more effective than a narrative style here.

Format

1. The majority of companies prefer CVs to be submitted electronically. To ensure your CV can be viewed / opened easily, create it in a popular document format i.e. MS Word. Avoid writing a long CV, even if you have extensive experience - stick to 2 A4 pages.

2. Make sure your CV has plenty of white space. That is, have adequate spacing between sections / paragraphs, use an easy to read font e.g. Arial, and avoid using multiple colours or font sizes. Save the pictures of balloons and love hearts for personal letters – they just confuse and distract the reader.

Credit: lovesuccess
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:41am On Apr 18, 2020
Few tips that can help you in your job search while in isolation. by Intelligentdude (08134657689).

1) Practice your interviewing skills.

Video and audio recording software platforms like Zoom,Skype allow you to practice how you sould and look.

2) Do some deep dive research :
Sites like Linkedln and Nairaland are great for getting insight into companies worth targeting and also you can get insight into the people you need to know who work there.

3) Get your Career Marketing Collateral in Shape.

This is a great time to make sure your Linkedln, CV/Resume are current in content, fresh in format and keyword optimized.

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 11:31am On Apr 20, 2020
5 Mistakes Senior Executives Make About CVs

1. Thinking you don't need a CV. As long as you work, you will always need a CV. If you are an employee or self employed consultant you will need one even more. Your CV is a portfolio representation of your career life.
2. Not being prepared for job loss. No job is secure, especially, at senior levels. Laying off senior level staff is one of the easiest ways to cut costs. You should be prepared to share your CV at all times.

3. Not keeping your CV updated. Your CV can be requested for anytime by a recruiter, board, employer or an educational institition as part of an executive programme application. Opportunities can be lost by presenting an ill-fitting CV when requested.

4. Not Prioritising your LinkedIn profile. Your online presence is non negotiable. It is becoming unacceptable to not have an updated and professional LinkedIn profile. Many employers and even business partners, take a peek at your LinkedIn profile to have a feel of the image you currently project.

5. Thinking a senior executive CV is a regular CV. Writing a good senior level CV involves consultation, strategic understanding and personal brand positioning. Seek expert help for a better outcome.

Your thoughts?
#adoraikwuemesi

Credit: adoraikwuemesi
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 7:44am On May 26, 2020
Stop Sending an empty application with no content aside your CV

You sent a blank mail, no covering letter, just your resume and then you are wondering why you are not getting invite for an interview?

It is not just enough to get a professional CV, a good cover letter in the body of the mail should accompany your CV. Your covering letter tells the recruiter if he or she should check your CV at all or just discard it.

You do have to make a good first impression by being detailed both with your CV and your Covering letter.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 6:34am On Jun 01, 2020
Accelerate your Job Search this 2nd half of the year

Here are a few simple things that you can do to accelerate your job search during COVID-19.⁣

➕Collaborate with a professional resume writer. Resume writers should be keeping track of changing industry standards . I know the ingredients of an engaging, effective resume that purveys credibility (Call/Whatsapp intelligentdude : 08134657689 for your resume preparation). ⁣

➕Apply to positions daily. Yes, daily. Set out an hour or more per day that you can dedicate to applying for positions. ⁣

➕Do not rely solely on job search engines. Go to company websites to see what is posted on their site. ⁣

➕Create a job search tracker in excel. This can be a huge help when you begin to follow up with prospective employers.⁣

➕Update your LinkedIn! LinkedIn is one of the BEST places that you can show up to during this trying time. ⁣

➕Be sure that you have video software such as zoom downloaded on your computer in the event that you get called for a virtual interview. ⁣

Credit: Sheassist
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2020
A job referral can be the best way to get a hiring manager to give your resume a closer look when you are applying for a job.
Now, even though recruiters typically exercise ironclad control over who gets interviewed, there’s one important exception: The Referral.
Most job vacancies are filled with referrals, hence the need for you to position yourself while job hunting or looking for a career change.

Job Referral Step 1: Find Your Hidden Network The first step is to shed light on your hidden network. This means expanding your ally base from the 25 people you spend the most time with today (family, friends, coworkers) to the 2,500 people you’ve known in your life.
1. Go to LinkedIn’s Contacts page
2. Import your address books from across your life (personal, work, school, and phone) Ensure your Linkedln profile is professionally built and optimized . Contact Intelligentdude on 08134657689 if you need help with your Linkedln building/optimization or a professional CV.

Referral Step 2: Find an Ally on the Inside With your network now fully visible, how do you pick the right person to refer you?
Simply follow this formula: Referral Potential = How Much They Want to Help x How Much They Can Help
In other words, your ideal referrer feels connected to you (so they’re willing to recommend you) AND has power over the team you want to work on (so their recommendation will matter). Of course, it’s unlikely that you’ll have perfect advocates at every company, so here’s the order that you should search in:
1. Search LinkedIn by 1st degree connections (people you know directly) at your dream company (e.g., Google)
2. Then look for 2nd degree connections (i.e., friends of your friends)
3. Next, people who went to your school (e.g.Covenant University)
4. Then, people who used to work where you used to work (e.g.Intelligentdude Consult):
5. And finally, people who volunteer at the same organization you do (e.g., Habitat for Humanity)
For each search, see if there’s anyone who’s closely connected to the hiring team (e.g., if you want a web developer role, look for current web developers – not marketers) or has leverage over them (an exec, founder, VC, etc.).
If not, go to the next search until you find the best combination of someone who can help and wants to help. And then, when you’ve found your perfect ally on the inside, get ready to make your request.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
If you are not on LinkedIn you need to get there quick. This is the LARGEST professional networking platform out there.⁣

Recruiters live, breathe, and sleep on LinkedIn lol. Don’t miss out on your next opportunity.⁣

Get a well-written resume and cover letter, packaged with LinkedIn Optimization so that you are READY. Send me a DM(08134657689) to get started!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.