Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! (52678 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / I Got A Job Through Nairaland, But.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by marcus0123: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
Congrats
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
When you're looking for a new job or positioning yourself for career growth, it's important to have an online presence where you can showcase your skills and experience. Your online professional profiles will also help you connect with contacts who can expedite your job search and assist you with moving up the career ladder.

Linkedln is one of the websites where you should create an online profile. Do be sure to actively manage your profiles so they are up-to-date. Employers and contacts want to see current information. Also, be sure to keep your professional life separate from your personal one.

For your Online branding/Linkedln Profile Optimization,CV/Resume rewrite,Cover Letter writing, call/chat intelligentdude on : 08134657689
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2019
Go to LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com) and follow or connect with recruiters and HR professionals. They post jobs daily.

Follow HR company pages. Stop relying only on traditional approach.

Also,if you are using the unsolicited application approach, compose a mail detailing a challenge a company is facing and how you can solve that challenge with your skillset. Remember,anything you can do for a company to increase it's profit or reduce cost is always a welcome idea.

For your Professional Linkedln Profile Optimization, CV(ATS and Standard CV),Career Counseling,call/chat our representative on : 08134657689.

Feel free to send your CV for a Professional CV review : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Stay at the top of your game by taking courses and keeping up with the current trends and technology in your field. Never stop growing your knowledge base and mind. If you want to be a manager one day, take a leadership course. If there's a new technology in your field, see what kind of training is offered for it.

Decision makers are more comfortable with those who are always developing themselves and building capacity.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2019
Brand Yourself
These days, it's not enough to have a great resume and cover letter. Employers also want to investigate your online personal brand before offering you the job.

In today’s competitive job market, If you don’t have an online presence, you don’t exist in most recruiter’s world.

Have you googled your name before? What result did you see?
If you're not managing and optimizing your online personal brand, you could unknowingly hurt your chances of landing your dream job. Today, Google your name, as it appears on your resume, to see what employers will find when they search for you.

Personal branding has become the heart of career success. At every stage of your career -whether you are seeking an entry-level job, a freelance contract or a promotion to the C-level- you are being screened online.

1)Make a list of every social media profile you've ever created and then decide which ones you'd like to associate with your professional brand. In other words, identify which of your profiles you want employers to find when they Google you.

2)Ensure a quality social media profiles. The content of what you post and share on platforms should be relevant and should not be destructive in nature.

3)Clean up all unwanted information which might keep up a wrong impression on you.

4)Try to share the information which highlights your strengths and showcase your talents.

5)Never put up any kind of the wrong impact- Don’t share any kind of content which have a negative image. Delete such information from online and ensure all the information remain neutral.

6)Never Post Inappropriate Content- Posting inappropriate content like about drug usage, alcohol or of sexual nature should not be encouraged. This creates a negative impact on your thought process.

For your Personal branding(Linkedln Profile Optimization),CV/Cover Letter writing, call.chat with Intelligentdude Consult representative : 08134657689

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2019
The use of professional biographies is becoming increasingly popular and more common in business. Rather than providing detailed information on your employment history and educational background, a professional bio provides a brief overview of who you are and what you have done in a more personal manner, and focuses on your information that is relevant to the particular purpose you are writing the bio for.

Some of the reasons you might need a bio include:

Job search – Many employers like to look at a job applicants bio first as it is easier to scan and get an idea as to whether or not the applicant is suitable for the position before looking at the resume.
Speaking engagements – Guest speakers are often asked to provide brief bios that can be used to introduce them.
Company websites – Many companies include professional bios of key employees on websites.
Personal websites and blogs – Freelancers and others who are self-employed or own their own business include professional bios on their websites and blogs to provide some background and evidence of expertise in their field to readers.

For your Professional Bio,Linkedln Profile Optimization,CV Cover writing, call/chat our representative : 08134657689
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Eudes(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2019
This is where you can know whether that job is scam or real. I have used this site, and it's legit
https://itarj.com/
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
An applicant tracking system — or ATS, for short — is a type of software used by recruiters and employers during the hiring process to collect, sort, scan, and rank the job applications they receive for their open positions.

Applicant tracking systems act as an electronic gatekeeper for an employer. The ATS parses a resume's content into categories and then scans it for specific keywords to determine if the job application should be passed along to the recruiter.

Its job is to essentially weed out unqualified applicants so the recruiter can devote his or her time to evaluating the candidates who are more likely to be a match for the position. In other words, the ATS is apt to toss the least-qualified candidates, rather than identify the applicants who are the best fit.

In other words, the ATS is apt to toss the least-qualified candidates, rather than identify the applicants who are the best fit.

Unfortunately, that means if a resume is not written and formatted with the applicant tracking system in mind, a qualified candidate can be easily passed over.

Credit: TopResume

For your ATS compliant CV, Call/Chat Intelligentdude: 08134657689

Send us a mail: careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2019
At Intelligentdude Consult,our career has been spent more on copywriting - correspondence, sales proposals, management reports… the list goes on. We are highly skilled in drawing out the right message, communicating it succinctly and bringing a narrative to life.

Most of our clients need help with their CV and/or LinkedIn profile. A lot of them also ask us to create:

► Social media posts for LinkedIn & Twitter
► Website content & profiles: full content or individual pages
► Marketing materials
► NED & CEO profiles
► Personal Statements
► Covering letters for job applications & business submissions

They often don't know quite what they want to say, or how to say it. Finding the right tone and voice is a really important part of creating the right impression, one which will reflect your personal brand and core values.

So, if you can't quite find the right words, you can rest assured that we can!

Call/Chat with our representative: 08134657689

Send us a mail: intelligentdudeconsulting@gmail.com
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2019
How strong is your profile?

Social media is now firmly embedded as one of the forerunners when it comes to promoting businesses, products & services, and yourself!

LinkedIn is used extensively by recruiters and head-hunters to identify suitable candidates. It is also a fantastic sales & marketing tool, particularly for SMEs and self-employed consultants. Having a professionally written Profile can make a huge difference.

Although creating effective content can be quite complex, the 3 vital elements are to make sure your profile:

► Makes it crystal clear exactly what you do and what you have to offer.
► Engages your target audience.
► Reflects your personality so people to want to do business with you.

We can help you achieve all that. A detailed consultation ensures we capture all the salient points and present them in a Profile which grabs attention and which encourages your audience to connect with you.

Call/Chat(whatsapp): 08134657689
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Cover Letter : Another Perspective
Contacting a business or company to ask if they have jobs available is called "cold calling". Cold calling lets you tap into the "hidden job market" of unadvertised jobs. Some reports say there are more unadvertised jobs out there than advertised ones.
It also shows you're independent and enthusiastic - qualities employers are looking for. Even if there's no work available, employers may keep your application and approach you when work becomes available. Even if they don't, it's worth following up in a month or so to see if the situation has changed.
Key points of a cold calling cover letter are that it:
• introduces you
• explains why you're writing to the business
• shows you've taken the time to research the business
• links what you learned about the business to your own experience, values, interests or goals
• finishes by inviting the business to contact you and indicating that you will follow up your letter with direct contact (note that if you say you're going to contact them, you must do so).

For your Professional CV,Cover Letter,Linkedln Profile Optimization and Bio writing,call/chat with our representative: 08134657689
Credit:youthcentralgovt.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2019
What you do on social media has the power to help, or severely hinder, your chances of a job interview.

Most recruiters look up potential candidates and the most important channels are :LinkedIn (96% used this), followed by Facebook (56%), Twitter (41%) and Instagram (7%).

By presenting yourself positively online, you are making yourself available to new opportunities that are not available anywhere else – you can seek out opportunities with employers and recruiters can identify you as a potential candidate, just by viewing your profile.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2019
Distribution of CV(Professionally drafted) to Head Hunter and Recruiter Network

It is a fact of the current recruitment market that the majority of positions are not
advertised in the conventional way, on job boards and newspapers. This is why a strong
network of relevant recruiters/head-hunters is essential when looking for a new opportunity.

If you can place your CV in front of the right people you open yourself up to world of opportunities that you might not ever have known existed. Once we have assessed your requirements at consultation, we will be able to highlight the
recruiters and head-hunters across the country that are most appropriate for you to be working with.

In order to ensure good relations and positive feedback, certain standards of presentation
must be achieved in both the CV and covering letter. Because of our in-depth understanding
of the job market, we understand the manner in which you need to approach the headhunter
fraternity to ensure success.

Distribution of CV to Direct Employers

Another way of accessing the hidden job market is by going direct to source and making a
speculative application to an organisation. A well presented CV and covering letter, in front of
the right person at the right time, can often lead to a meeting or interview.
At consultation,we will gather your key requirements for work and help you come up with a list
of organisations that you would like to approach directly. Once this list is finalised we will find
the name of the most appropriate Manger / Director and ensure that your CV is mailed to that individual personally, wherever possible.

This is part of what Intelligentdude job Search Support Service is about.

Call/Chat(WhatsApp) with our representative: 08134657689

Have you sent your application/cv to more than 50 Organizations yet no reply?

Send us a mail with your CV for a Professional CV review: careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
Intelligentdude Job Search Support:
You will learn the six (6) steps to an effective job search and how to find the right job that fits your qualifications and experience.

We often advice clients who go with this package to do their CV,Cover Letter and LinkedIn Profile building(with free Professional Bio) with us inorder for them to have maximum result.

However, clients who feel their CVs and LinkedIn Profiles have the right keywords and packagings are also welcome.

This package is designed to be completed within 8 weeks to help you build and master the skills needed for a successful job search.

The 6 Steps to a Successful Job Search outlined below.

Step 1: Define Your Career Goals. What do you want out of your career?

Step 2: How to effectively research companies and jobs to get information that will help differentiate you as a candidate.(Creating a Database of Companies in your area of Interest/Career Path).

Step 3: How to develop a consistent online and offline profile that tells employers why you are the best candidate for the job.

Step 4: How to network and find the jobs that are not even advertised and how to use networking to create a job that an employer might not have even known they need you to fill.

Step 5: The ABC of sending out your applications (How to track your applications and make informed decision from data available)

Step 6 : How to develop conversational interview skills that impress hiring managers and differentiate you from the competition.

For more information, call/chat with Intelligentdude Career representative: 08134657689

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2019
• Most job recruiters use software to screen CV/resumes.
• If your CV/resume is not written with the correct keywords it will get overlooked!
• Using a CV/resume template does not solve this problem, because it’s a learned skill to outsmart the CV/resume screening process.
• We write your professional CV/resume to ensure that the recruiting software finds you.
For details about our services,
Call/Chat Intelligentdude representative: 08134657689

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2019
How many times you have applied for a job and not had a reply? Perhaps you posted your CV on a job site and waited for the phone to ring and yet it never does? The chances are that you are underselling yourself and that you are missing out on the career opportunity. Let us provide you with some of the facts:-

You only have 10 seconds to create the right impression with your CV

You have around 30 seconds for the reader to decide if they will invite you to an interview

Most people greatly undersell themselves on their CV and don’t know why.

Contact our CV writing experts today for your standard CV and Professional Linkedln Profile.

Call/Chat: 08134657689

Send us a mail : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com with your present CV for Professional review.

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 5:55am On Dec 08, 2019
For your bespoke Professional CV,call/chat(whatsapp) : 08134657689

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 7:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
Imagine you had a CV or LinkedIn profile that could generate lots of job leads than your current one.

Send me a message on whatsapp: 08134657689 or an email : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com to get started on your CV, you do not need to wait till 2020.
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 5:58am On Dec 19, 2019
Months go by, but you aren't getting any call backs from employers. Feels like you've been sending your job applications into a black hole.

You think your cv looks fine, and others around you have said the same.

What's the problem?

Job seekers remember: people will be polite and tell you what they think you want to hear (your cv is fine)."
Want to find out what you can improve in your cv? Let a Professional give you his counsel.

Send your present CV to: careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com for a Professional CV review
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2019
Please, I'm copy-pasting it everywhere because I really need a job. Please don't mind my pidgin English...
God bless everyone here. Please, blessed Nairalanders please I need a job for the sake of my family, please. My 2 little kids are hungry and hunger wants to collect my kids from me, please. I can do any job as long as money will come out of it to feed my family. My story is a very long story that I can't even start explaining it all because it might occupy 10 pages. But in short, well, I was duped all in the name of fighting for the greener-pastures and for the betterment of myself and my family (Good life for my kids especially) I sold everything I had and trusted this man who happened to be a coach to someone I know so very close and he promised to help me process some working/traveling documents to Canada with a job. Based on someone I know for a long period of time and with trust, I followed up and submitted all he asked me to submit. Tears always flow whenever I remember or start explaining how everything went. I am a hustler right from my childhood, struggling so hard to help my family my parents and my younger once. I am not getting older, I'm 33yrs old no educational opportunities due to financial crisis right from my background but I struggle so hard to make sure I cover the shame in my family. And now I am married to a beautiful lady and God has blessed us with 2 kids a girl and a boy 3/1 years old. This year 2019 has been the worst year of my life but still yet for the sake of my kids I'm still pushing so hard but right now, I'm stocked and hooked. I'm a very good driver, I have some experience in house building, car dealing. I have begged everyone I know that are rich if they can help me to get a SIENNA space car for an interstate transportation on a higher purchase agreement and I am ready to take an oath with this person and also take him/her down to my community home town where I came from which no matter what I will never run away from my home town and no one will ever want to be disgraced in his home town. My wife and my kids are in Lagos hungry and crying I couldn't bear it anymore I followed a tanker to meet an engineer who promised I will work on his site but refused to send me transport to come over. And on getting here we worked for a few days and the owner of the house (site) asked us to stop because his wife has cancer which he wants to focus on. Now I'm stuck here in Abuja sleeping in an uncompleted building but my wife doesn't know about it. Every day I move around looking for any site where they are working building houses to ask if they will need a laborer or bricklayer or maybe if I'm blessed, a site supervisor because I'm good at that to make sure your materials are well used and maintained.
Please, Nairalanders I beg of you all to help me with any kind of job I'm smart and intelligent don't worry about my educational background my brain is sharper and ready to carry anything. Please I need a job I don't know if my phone number is allowed to be posted here but you can check my signature please my WhatsApp number is there call, text or WhatsApp please I need a job please I beg of you all please anything. My little kids are hungry please I based in Lagos but I'm stuck here in with. Please with any job anywhere in Nigeria I will find my way to come over, please WhatsApp me or drop me your contact I will message you, please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
You should work with me if

1. You are job searching. .

I will make sure your cv/resume is up to par, make an outstanding cover letter, and optimize your LinkedIn. .

2. You just graduated. .

I will make sure the skills obtained from your studies stand out and are applicable to your desired job or career field.

3. You feel stuck in your current position. .

You are never stuck. A new resume can literally be life changing! .

4. You want to change positions at your current company. .
If it’s between you and 10 other candidates and the hiring team can’t decide ... you having an up to date resume could be the determining factor. .

5. Your current position requires networking. .

I will make sure your LinkedIn Profile is fully optimized so that when connections visit your profile everything is good to go!

6. You are seeking part time employment. .

There are a ton of hot jobs out there. Get your resume updated and land the perfect job. .

7. You are seeking an Executive position that requires a CV.

I will lay out all of your experience in a well written CV. .

8. You simply want to be prepared. .

Even if NONE of the previous 7 points pertain to you I highly encourage you to have an up to date resume and cover letter at ALL times. You never know what could happen.

Feel free to Text/Call/Whatsapp : 08134657689
Send us a mail : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
mylove4God:
Congrats OP. This is indeed a good news. I can relate to what you went through while looking for job because I have been the same.

There are good people here who are willing to help. I got a job now was because a nairalander who I never knew encouraged me to be active on LinkedIn, through which I got my present job. God will keep blessing him and those of his kind.

I pray those seeking for job or looking for funds to start their businesses will have their breakthrough this year. Amen

please how can one be active on LinkedIn, I have been there for a while, please I just need exposure on how to use it to aid my job hunting
Thanks
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by mylove4God(f): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
ayfat23:

please how can one be active on LinkedIn, I have been there for a while, please I just need exposure on how to use it to aid my job hunting
Thanks

I am not really active on LinkedIn but once got dedicated.
*Try to connect with much people as possible. *Give yourself target about 1 thousand connections to get within a month.
*you need to dedicate not less than 1hour daily for LinkedIn.
* While building connections(that is adding people on LinkedIn) start with recruiters, HRs and narrow it down to those in the fields you have interest with.
* Search for companies you have interest in, add people working there especially those who are in the HR/recruiting department. Join groups related to fields you have got interest in.
*Follow reputable figures in the field you have interest in and try to comment on their post and posts related to your interest and general(you never can tell where your help will come from).
*Make use of the jobs search tabs(LinkedIn jobs notification comes late but you can avoid that by searching daily on the jobs sections with key words such as role/company that you want.
*You can also search for companies on LinkedIn, visit their page there and turn on their jobs notification.

These are the little I know. Compliments of the season
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2019
5 Reasons behind Interview Questions

1) Why should I hire you?
-To check the confidence level

2) What are your weaknesses?
-To check your self awareness

3) Tell me about yourself
-To check the communication skills and how you present yourself.

4) Why do you want to work for our Company ?
-To know if you have researched about the company or not.

5) What do you expect to be doing five years from now?
- To check your career ambitions and goal.

Your CV is the first opportunity to tell a recruiter why you are suitable for the position you are applying for..

A top quality CV will considerably boost your chance of getting a job interview.

Need an Expert CV writer to rewrite your CV, Cover Letter and build your Linkedln Profile and Bio?

Call/Text/WhatsApp Intelligentdude: 08134657689

Send us a mail with your present cv for review : careerswithintelligentdude@gmail.com

Merry Christmas all

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Intelligentdude(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
Don’t know where to start in your CV writing? Or too doubtful with your writing skills? Worry no more! We can make a job-winning CV for you! With us, you don’t just get an ATS-friendly CV; you also get free application tips. Want our help? Call/Text/Whatsapp : 08134657689
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by rickyme: 10:12am On Jan 01, 2020
Oil companies are currently recruiting on Massive Scale.

We can always support each other with good work..
Re: How I Got A Job In An Oil Firm Through Nairaland! by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 01, 2020
rickyme:
Oil companies are currently recruiting on Massive Scale.

We can always support each other with good work..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.