Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True (30865 Views)

FFK: If The Allegation That MURIC Is Funded By ISWAP Is True, FG Should Do This / "The Second Wife Story Is True" - Reno Omokri Says / NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Webdesigner121: 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
To get a website/App (android and IOS) or promote your services Contact details is in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk0mskFBmpw
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by CharlesJok3r: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
Why is this thing so hard?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Chukas123: 6:22am On Oct 16, 2020
Mafialeader:
no oooo, i havent gone there since but i have corrected my date of birth error on my BVN.

Please how did you do about it
In correcting the DOB in your BVN

What are the procedures and requirements please
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Chukas123: 6:25am On Oct 16, 2020
Mafialeader:
no oooo, i havent gone there since but i have corrected my date of birth error on my BVN.

Please how did you do it?
Correcting your BVN DOB
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by deegnity22: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
Chukas123:

Please how did you do it?
Correcting your BVN DOB

Just go to your bank, they will correct it for you. The issue is with the national identity card people, they are the ones that usually claim it's not reflecting on their site so you have to pay 15k to fix it.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by AJUMMS: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2020
As A Nigerian, Why Should We pay for Updating of our NIN Number. Most in particularly the D.O.B. #15,000. Since 2018 I have change it in BVN. I even have the Age Declaration from both the Court and News Paper as well. An this year I want to go for Navy but the NIN Number is needed, and as not been update.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by rocoh(m): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please can we put this on the front page. OAM4J, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Royalty63: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2020
markmood:
The 15k charge for the DOB change is official. As a matter of fact, you pay via REMITA and present the slip at NIMC. The main issue is the NIMC has not figured a way of resolving the DOB since they started which I find very embarrassing. I am currently trying to sort this out as I can't renew my international passport without my DOB being corrected on their useless portal.
It is actually very bad as I was introduced to a lady who worked at NIMC, she told me she hoped my issue wasn't a DOB one. Imagine that? Why enforce this NI thing that doesn't have the capability for corrections of errors. Makes no sense at all.
Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? There has to be a way around this

Please, have you resolved your issue? I'm currently facing the same issue and I also need it to process passport.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Sandra45(f): 5:57am On Jan 07, 2021
I did my nin registration since 2016 n now I got a visa to travel out to UK probably this month or next,my issue n fear is that my nin details don’t match my passport at all and I was told by someone who works at the immigration office,that I won’t be able to travel out of this country without my nin,is it true The time frame is short to change dob and name,hear it takes 3months to change. When I did my passport last year at Lokoja nobody asked me for this nin number o
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by nellaluv(f): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2021
Sandra45:
I did my nin registration since 2016 n now I got a visa to travel out to UK probably this month or next,my issue n fear is that my nin details don’t match my passport at all and I was told by someone who works at the immigration office,that I won’t be able to travel out of this country without my nin,is it true The time frame is short to change dob and name,hear it takes 3months to change. When I did my passport last year at Lokoja nobody asked me for this nin number o

It's only when your passport expire and you want to renew. If the data on you NIN and passport are not the same you won't be able to renew your passport. So I'll advice you to do the necessary changes now on your NIN before your passport expire.

3 Likes

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Sandra45(f): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
Okay
Thanks,I won’t come back for that. It’s a settlement visa.

2 Likes

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Developrog(m): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
Royalty63:

Please, have you resolved your issue? I'm currently facing the same issue and I also need it to process passport.

Please have you found a way around this? Facing the same issue.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Royalty63: 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Developrog:

Please have you found a way around this? Facing the same issue.

Yes, I have. I did it at NIMC office in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by tsdarkside(m): 1:12am On Jan 21, 2021
its not only in nigeria....many in western nations change it too....
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Developrog(m): 2:55am On Jan 21, 2021
Royalty63:

Please do you have a contact there? I am currently in Lagos and it’s not going through for me as I heard they take it to Abuja.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by foxriver8: 8:37am On Jan 30, 2021
Please link me up with your contact if you have one. I’m willing to pay some token to help speed up the process.

Thank you.
Royalty63:

Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by YeankahP: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
Royalty63:

Would you be so kind to please share the procedure and duration you took to resolve? and it's cost implication, if any. We plenty for this table abeg. cry
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Royalty63: 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
YeankahP:

Would you be so kind to please share the procedure and duration you took to resolve? and it's cost implication, if any. We plenty for this table abeg. cry

I paid 15k via remitta. Then went to their office for recapturing. It took about a week or two because it was during the Christmas/New year holiday
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Royalty63: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2021
YeankahP:

I paid 15k via remitta for change of year of birth. Then went to their office for recapturing in zone 5, Abuja. It took a week or two because of the Christmas holiday
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by YeankahP: 6:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
Royalty63:

I paid 15k via remitta. Then went to their office for recapturing. It took about a week or two because it was during the Christmas/New year holiday

Thank you greatly. Can you confirm that recapturing is mandatory? I'm asking because I'm currently in Lagos. Did you also take any additional documents ?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Royalty63: 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
YeankahP:

Thank you greatly. Can you confirm that recapturing is mandatory? I'm asking because I'm currently in Lagos. Did you also take any additional documents ?
I took birth certificate, waec result, just to show proof of year of birth. I’m not certain if capturing is necessary but In my case I recaptured.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by YeankahP: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2021
Royalty63:

I took birth certificate, waec result, just to show proof of year of birth. I’m not certain if capturing is necessary but In my case I recaptured.

You've been very helpful. Tiri gbosa for you.
...Cheers!
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by remi1444: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
YeankahP:

You've been very helpful. Tiri gbosa for you.
...Cheers!
Is it mandatory to pay for the arrangement of name Eg. Seun Osewa Pablo(NIN) whilst NIMC carries Pablo Osewa Seun?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by YeankahP: 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
remi1444:
Is it mandatory to pay for the arrangement of name Eg. Seun Osewa Pablo(NIN) whilst NIMC carries Pablo Osewa Seun?

I just saw this sorry. While I can't confirm if it's mandatory or not, I'll strongly recommend you resolve any discrepancies between the name arrangements on both NIN and NIMC.

In the example you referenced, we fit argue sai na two entirely different persons dem be, since the surnames become changed by virtue of the arrangements.
I hope this helps.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by remi1444: 11:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
YeankahP:

I just saw this sorry. While I can't confirm if it's mandatory or not, I'll strongly recommend you resolve any discrepancies between the name arrangements on both NIN and NIMC.

In the example you referenced, we fit argue sai na two entirely different persons dem be, since the surnames become changed by virtue of the arrangements.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply, how can I effect the arrangement? I'm naive in this regard.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by YeankahP: 12:07am On Apr 22, 2021
remi1444:
Thank you for your reply, how can I effect the arrangement? I'm naive in this regard.

Chief! I presume you'd have to visit one of their centers closest to you with the original slip issued during registration and supporting documents.

I think modifications (excluding DOB) is N500 per field. Payment is made via Remitta too.

After payment is sorted, you may then take the receipt capturing RRR and other documents to the center. You may be asked to recapture.

Again, I have no affliation whatsoever. But this is from all the info I gathered from the website.

Please see link below should you need more clarification:
https://nimc.gov.ng/modifications-adults/

Cheers!
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Jennex(f): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2021
So II can be changed at the immigration office?
Awani007:

Not atall.... did mine at Ikoyi immigration
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by ofeco: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2021
UnclePati:
U can register or edit your Nimc info for free.
Walk into any zenith bank as ask for NIMC registration stand or official....

They are present in selected branches of zenith bank.

The person charging u 15k is a thief. A criminal he should be treated as such and arrested for corruption and fraud.

NIMC registration and correction of details is FREEc
Correction of date of birth on Nimc is not free.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by authority2006(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2021
UnclePati:
[s] First: I didn't say zenith bank is NIMC.
Secondly....I said walk into zenith and ask for the NIMC official or NIMC stand.
Thirdly: I didn't say the staff of zenith bank work for NIMC.

Instead of u to read and comprehend my message .... U rather choose to talk in a hurry....hence exposing the loop holes in your reasoning and comprehension....

Oga....currently some female staff of zenith have been trained to handle the NIMC job function....they are only awaiting deployment and set up configuratution of the specialized NIMC computer systems.

So yes....zenith work for NIMC

[/s]

Change of DOB is 15k! A visit to their website could have educated you better. Trash
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Olaawealth(m): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2021
agabusta:

If you happen to be in Lagos, just go to the state office as advised above, they will give you all the information you need.

If you are not in Lagos, try and locate the NIMC state office of wherever you are from their website.

I was told a change of name on NIN usually takes up to 6months, how true is that?
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by agabusta: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Olaawealth:

I was told a change of name on NIN usually takes up to 6months, how true is that?

Not sure. But as usual with public services in Nigeria, it all depends on how much you are ready to part with asides the 15,000 official price. Someone did it with 50k and it was done within 2 weeks.
Re: Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True by Olaawealth(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
agabusta:

Not sure. But as usual with public services in Nigeria, it all depends on how much you are ready to part with asides the 15,000 official price. Someone did it with 50k and it was done within 2 weeks.

Wow.. 50k
Well, d amount isn't d main thing. In as much as it's done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Is Fuel #87 In The North And #120 - #130 In The East? / Aregbesola: "I Will Resign If Adeleke Wins". FFK Tells Osun Governor To Resign / Governor Umahi/wife Pictured With President Buhari/wife On Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.