Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland (11624 Views)

Modern Wall Painting Ideas/thank You Nairaland / Please Don't Pay Your BEDC Bill With Your Card On Thier Website / Read And Thank Me Later Investment Is The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 11:56am On Jan 15, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO RESCUE MYSELF

MINE IS WORST!

I rented a new house, 3 months no light was connected to the apartment, later the Landlord said the former occupant in the house was owning almost 180k and that NEPA wont connect light until this is paid. HE PAID 100k and ASKED us to pay 80k , if not we wont have light, i restricted, but other tenants had to pay and connected the light and finally termed me a debtor because i refuse to pay. Then My greatest surprise was that there was no meter both analog and digital, NO meter at all. I went to the district my self and inquired, they said that is what was approved, i requested for a prepaid meter for myself, He said that i should pay 70k. i left with all disappointment.

MY Greatest surprise was that the first bill was above 30k , i wondered why and how they read the bill, and there wasnt anyone that came in to shake the units .

Uptill now we pay nepa bill of what we did not consume, no meter, plus almost 10k each flat paid on the alleged claimed debt by the former occupant of the demolished house.

Please help me

I WILL FOLLOW UP, UNTILL I SEE A GUIDANCE TO OPEN A CASE.

THANKS

I NEED EMAIL ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS ETC. THE AREA IS EKEDP( EKO ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION )

Eko Electricity Distribution Plc (EKEDC)

Address: 24/25 Marina Street, Lagos Island, Lagos State.

Franchise Area: Southern Lagos State (Ojo,Festac, Ijora, Mushin (also covers Orile areas), Apapa, Lekki (also covers Ibeju areas), Lagos Island (also covers Ajele areas) & part of Ogun State (Agbara)

Call Centre: 0708 065 5555

Email: customercare@ekedp.com

NERC FORUM

Eko Forum Office
No 61 Odunlami Street, Off Marina, Lagos Island
Lagos State.
Telephone No: 08106807261
Email address: ekoforum@nerc.gov.ng
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
BabaO2:

Share the Abuja email

NERC Head Office
Plot 1387,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria

Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.

info@nerc.gov.ng
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Aadeyinka(m): 12:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:
About a year ago I read a post about a guy that complained to NERC about his outrageous bill and after consistent follow up he was even given a Prepaid meter and his bills wiped out completely.

Few days later I scanned all my estimated bills and forwarded it to the NERC but copied BEDC.

In two days I got a message to fromto contact the Asaba unit of the NERC, when I did , a young man called me and was asking for a proof that I have complained to BEDC before contacting them. I told him most of my complaints were verbal and I don't have any written proof. He rubbished me and told me to go get my facts right.

I didn't give up, I contacted Benin again, this time I got a better response. NERC gave BEDC a ten days ultimatum to resolve my issue. Two days later I got a call that someone from BEDC is coming to my apparent to do a load check. I agreed and in three days the man arrived and did his check. My load calculation were not done right there but I was just made to sign the no of electric consuming properties found in my house.

Weeks passed, months and I didn't hear anything from BEDC. I resumed my email service, this time straight to Abuja and I didn't even get a response. I was patient and I continued sending Mail as reminder.

After almost one year I just got my bill wiped off. Bill arrears of over 98k wiped off, infact we have a negative bill as I'm talking to you.

Thank you nairaland for the information.
nice, kindly tell us those headquarters emails, mine is sango in Ogun and been head or control from Ibadan but not know their emails or right contacts to follow up with, as crazy bill is given every months s d will be forced to clear it else light will be cut off
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Babaj02: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2019
Good one, thanks my broda for this info, I am currently face a similar situation in Asaba, my current bill is #23,632 and the arrears is #591,088. In my 2years of stay the compound, I have being making payment of #5,000 to #3,000 monthly, I am still being billed 23k to 25k monthly. How do I go about this complain to NERC?
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by BabaO2: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

NERC Head Office
Plot 1387,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Abuja, F.C.T, Nigeria

Tel: +234-09-462-1400, 09-462-1410.

info@nerc.gov.ng
Thanks
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:

Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent regulatory body with authority for the regulation of the electric power industry in Nigeria. NERC was formed in 2005 under the Obasanjo administration’s economic reform agenda through the Electric Power Sector Reform Act, 2005 for formation and review of electricity tariffs, transparent policies regarding subsidies, promotion of policies that are efficient and environmentally friendly, and also including forming and enforcing of standards in the creation and use of electricity in Nigeria. NERC was instituted primarily to regulate the tariff of Power Generating companies owned or controlled by the government, and any other generating company which has a license for power generation and transmission of energy, and distribution of electricity. THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING INDEPENDENTLY EVEN UNDER GEJ.
Help me tell those zombies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by phemolala07(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
GetMeRight:

customercare@ibedc.com

Tell them your name, location, phone number, meter/account number, scanned documents if available, then your complaint. And frequent reminders.

Thanks alot
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by ikakahu(m): 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
gidzbobby:

Op, ur own is good na. we have been sending mails and copying Nerc... Eko Electricity Distribution is just worst. Those using Ikeja Electricity Distribution are the ones enjoying. Cus weda u send mail or not, they will gv u prepaid metres. We even went as far as goin to Marina to make complaints, nothing come out. If there's a special way you did yours, pls kindly tell me. I beg you, cause d level wey I dey now, I don't think patience will sign another contract with me.
My brother,ikeja electric is not better.I ve been on estimated bill for yrs now.First they tricked me into paying inherited bill in d name that they ll install prepaid meter as soon as I pay. about 140k was paid.wey d meter naa,d story has been no meter for 2yrs plus.What baffles me is that they put d volume of energy I consumed in a month in d bills when I dont ve a meter.After much complaint and letters written,they increased my bill from 14k to 20k(dec2018).The marketer doesnt even care as d only solution he presented to me was to wait till forever for the supply of meter.how much is minimum wage that i ll b paying 20k for just energy bills a month?
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by BENTOSYN: 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
NORSIYK:
98k for light alone? How many decades did you use the light without paying?

Leave that thing...my bill is 270k in 12 months under AEDC...discos are thieves...if more of us take up the challenge of demanding justice without being weary...we may be able to effect some change.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by okomogo(m): 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2019
Babaj02:
Good one, thanks my broda for this info, I am currently face a similar situation in Asaba, my current bill is #23,632 and the arrears is #591,088. In my 2years of stay the compound, I have being making payment of #5,000 to #3,000 monthly, I am still being billed 23k to 25k monthly. How do I go about this complain to NERC?
Scan all your bills and forward with a good explanation to asabaforum@nerc.gov.ng
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by gidzbobby: 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
ikakahu:

My brother,ikeja electric is not better.I ve been on estimated bill for yrs now.First they tricked me into paying inherited bill in d name that they ll install prepaid meter as soon as I pay. about 140k was paid.wey d meter naa,d story has been no meter for 2yrs plus.What baffles me is that they put d volume of energy I consumed in a month in d bills when I dont ve a meter.After much complaint and letters written,they increased my bill from 14k to 20k(dec2018).The marketer doesnt even care as d only solution he presented to me was to wait till forever for the supply of meter.how much is minimum wage that i ll b paying 20k for just energy bills a month?

wow!!! na so e don be now ? Our own side when we went to Marina to report the issue, they said they give us light for more then 5hrs, when they gv us for just 30mins daily. So Marina just close our matter, but the case dey court already
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Goldenbaby(f): 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
okomogo:
About a year ago I read a post about a guy that complained to NERC about his outrageous bill and after consistent follow up he was even given a Prepaid meter and his bills wiped out completely.

Few days later I scanned all my estimated bills and forwarded it to the NERC but copied BEDC.

In two days I got a message to fromto contact the Asaba unit of the NERC, when I did , a young man called me and was asking for a proof that I have complained to BEDC before contacting them. I told him most of my complaints were verbal and I don't have any written proof. He rubbished me and told me to go get my facts right.

I didn't give up, I contacted Benin again, this time I got a better response. NERC gave BEDC a ten days ultimatum to resolve my issue. Two days later I got a call that someone from BEDC is coming to my apparent to do a load check. I agreed and in three days the man arrived and did his check. My load calculation were not done right there but I was just made to sign the no of electric consuming properties found in my house.

Weeks passed, months and I didn't hear anything from BEDC. I resumed my email service, this time straight to Abuja and I didn't even get a response. I was patient and I continued sending Mail as reminder.

After almost one year I just got my bill wiped off. Bill arrears of over 98k wiped off, infact we have a negative bill as I'm talking to you.

Congratulations on that, You can always pay your bill (Prepaid and Postpaid) easily without stress at Shop 41, Konwea Plaza, Nnebisi Road ASABA.. From Monday to Saturday.. 8am to 6.30pm.. Call for more enquirer. 08095315266
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Goldenbaby(f): 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
Babaj02:

Have you complained to your marketer concerning that?
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Goldenbaby(f): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thanks to everyone that got my contact from here, thanks for your patronage.. May God bless you all
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by OmniSparrow: 3:06am On Mar 12, 2019
Babaj02:
Call me
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Mism: 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Nerc office works, i do receive bill of within 7-12k, until a new marketer came and increased from 17k -30k thereby accumulating debt of 96k i almost ran mad, i left her, she kept on doing what she likes, i sacrificed a very good day, went to my disco to complain, they said they are not sure it will be resolved immediately after writing and submitting letter, i just gave them the photocopy of the stamped letter over the reduction of high bills and left with the original straight to nerc office at odulami lagos island, i met the Secretary, he told me to photocopy my recent and previous bills including the letter i wrote to my disco, i did he stamped and gave me the original, the following week i was called to come and get my response, no bribe, just your evidence and letters, month end they removed the 69k fake bill and left the 27k i was owing, since that day till now no outrageous bill, pls visit any nerc office close to you, if your disco doesn't respond to your complaints, and they will work on it.
Re: BEDC Has Adjusted My Bill Thank You Nairaland by Aadeyinka(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
okomogo:

pls i need NERC email address ,my Whatsapp 08068316947 Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread! Most Popular Penthouse + Duplex Houseplan Designs In Nigeria (pics) / Sanwo-Olu Launches E-GIS System For Land Verification Before Purchase / New Listings !!! To Let @ Surulere, Gbagada, Ogudu GRA & Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.