Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. (35048 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by franchasng: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
Accept as how? The man said he forgot, and it is the duty of the CCB to remind him for him to confirm it. You should know that a judge has to be investigated by National Judicial council (NJC) and if found guilty he is suspended and then a case can be instituted against him. That is the due process and it is the rule of law enshrined in the constitution. Like I said Buhari is up to no good. Nigeria will be much better without Buhari in it. With your mentality Nigeria is doomed.
Tell the terrorist, the land grabbers, the corruption shielders, the crude oil sucking demons angry
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by chikeze(m): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
So where re the 150 SANSgringrin

Pdp and inital gragragringrin

Don't worry with Wole Olanipekun as the lead council this case is a closed chapter. That's the best Attorney money can buy. A 150 SAN cant match him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by cutesmilez(f): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2019
classicking:

How can he forget a huge amount ..you as an example can you forget you have N3000
Mr man, he declared it in 2016
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by AnanseK(m): 10:55am On Jan 14, 2019
Shameless SANs . Majority of them are partners in crime with the Onnoghen guy.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Omobabaemili(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2019
grin grin ;Domo see savage
Randy100:
Accept as how? The man said he forgot, and it is the duty of the CCB to remind him for him to confirm it. You should know that a judge has to be investigated by National Judicial council (NJC) and if found guilty he is suspended and then a case can be instituted against him. That is the due process and it is the rule of law enshrined in the constitution. Like I said Buhari is up to no good. Nigeria will be much better without Buhari in it. With your mentality Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by bettercreature(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2019
theoldpretender:

So you think that is the case ALL the time?

You are defending a Southerner because he is a Southerner. Let's not justify evil. I don't justify evil, regardless of the tribe .

Maybe you do.
Not defending him he is very corrupt and should be disgraced out of office.But i must tell you this,having a northerner as a CJN is going to be a disaster.PDP lost lot of state to tribunal between 1999 and 2015 Such will never happen if you have a Northern CJN and a Northern president
Northerners are tribal bigot

2 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Randy100: 10:56am On Jan 14, 2019
jegz25:
in law ignorance is not an excuse. Its obvious u are ignorant of the law
you are funny, CCB were wrong by not informing him. They rushed and petition him befor CCT. It is politically motivated.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by SALIMAN(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2019
All I see there is just big shining shining barbed head
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by MyGeneration(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2019
shacks99:
Justice must take it's course, we have to start from somewhere. For those of you who are shouting witch-hunt by buhari, judges will tell you that ignorance is not an excuse to break the law. No sacred cows.
anybody who doesn't want to be witch hunted should always behave himself with high level integrity
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Inception(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2019
MyGeneration:
buhari is going to win even if he sacks the entire governors in the south south and south east and even senators combined

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by MyGeneration(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2019
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Princedapace(m): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2019
adem30:

Even after the accused accepts his own wrong doing?

With your mentality, Nigeria has no future

Yes.. He admitted. But they should follow due process.. There is a lay down rule to follow regarding this case.. And. Buhari must follow it..

We all know he wants the man out and replace him with his own hand bag. But he needs to follow due process..

Also, as long as he keeps protecting his men and those who push his reelecfion campaign, he will continue to been seen as a fake Mr integrity.. Wake me up when he has finished trying Amaechi, Akpabio, Kemi, etc.. He does not owe Nigeria.. He can't be protecting his men and people with his interests while he persecute others who oppose him..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by theoldpretender(m): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2019
bettercreature:
Not defending him he is very corrupt and should be disgraced out of office.But i must tell you this,having a northerner as a CJN is going to be a disaster.PDP lost lot of state to tribunal between 1999 and 20015,Such will never happen if you have a Northern CJN and a Northern president

So are Southerners...and to be honest....we have to leave that behind.

Plus PDP won more than they lost...and the opposition lost far more then PDP.

Anyway....I don;t do PDP or APC....as far as I am concerned they are the same. And let the CJN face the wrath of the law. Let's dump this whole tribal defense thing.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by AnanseK(m): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2019
When is CJN ONNOGHEN Going to be rushed to the hospital? As hospital is now the last refuge of all scoundrels

I will select the Secundus type of neck costume for Onnoghen

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by alizma: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
"the man said he forgot". do you know how many men that man had told that ignorant is not an excuse before the court of law? let him face his music

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Okoroawusa: 11:01am On Jan 14, 2019
All I know is that I will still vote Buhari

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Smile4daddy(m): 11:01am On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
It is clear that Buhari is up to no good.
Hate for Buhari will do you no good but will only make more hunger to loom on you.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by HOTWATER(m): 11:01am On Jan 14, 2019
This case is meant to achieve two things

(1) Divert attention from the Amina Zakari issue

(2) Threaten the CJN in preparation for election tribunals coming up after the general elections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Princedapace(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2019
classicking:

How can he forget a huge amount ..you as an example can you forget you have N3000

He might have lied that he forgot.. So the rule of law should be disregarded becus of Buhari interest?

If u have a case against him, follow due process... That due process was setup long before u became a president.. If u want to change it, follow due process to change it.. Simple..

I wish he applied this same gragra against apkabio..

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by dragonsfly: 11:03am On Jan 14, 2019
SolutionMee:
cheesy

No peace for the guilty. This clearly shows that the man is guilty of the allegation charged against him. Hence, the arrival of 90+ lawyers.

I'm now beginning to think that Buhari is trying effortlessly to revive the reputation and international image of this country, while majority of Nigerians were making void his positive inputs.

My fellow countrymen, please think.

We are thinking and have come to the conclusion you are a zombie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Princedapace(m): 11:04am On Jan 14, 2019
myboy2111:
Nigeria is becoming great. This is rule of law in practice. This is the Nigeria of our dream, where no one is above the law. Advanced countries are developed and great because everyone is subject to the law of the land. Even in US, the President is under investigations and in courts for various offences .

But there is a process to follow before u can try a sitting CJN..

And when is Buhari doing same to Governor of kano state and Apkabio, etc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2019
bettercreature:
Northerners are so unlike southerner,they can never rule against their son its their thing so forget about Northern CJN wont favour Buhari of a thing.I am a PMB supporter but i dont want the power to concentrate in the north
The silly CJN should be disgraced out of office

Nothing will happen to the CJN.

Keep supporting a brain dead dullard until he destroys Nigeria with nepotism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by franchasng: 11:04am On Jan 14, 2019
donc26:
Abeg no onoge abi Na omoge help? Am from the SS . He should carry his cross biko.
that is an average Niger Delta man's warped reasoning you just displaced on a public forum, and that is why Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba took over crude oil wells in your backyard, go to shell, Mobil, NNPC, etc, it is filled with Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas as top managers and EDs, its not as if they are more intelligent or schooled than you, but because of their political dominance they rule you and trample on your right and you are jobless and roaming the street while they feed fat with your resources.

How many Niger Delta person own a known oil company, but brown teeth Tinubu owns an oil company, same with gworo chewing northerners and they use it to employ and empower their people and you are here talking nonsense, wake up!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by pryme(m): 11:04am On Jan 14, 2019
bettercreature:
Not defending him he is very corrupt and should be disgraced out of office.But i must tell you this,having a northerner as a CJN is going to be a disaster.PDP lost lot of state to tribunal between 1999 and 2015 Such will never happen if you have a Northern CJN and a Northern president

If this CJN steps down, I believe the highest ranking judge will resume in acting capacity. Let's hope the person is not a northerner.

Let's not be deceived if the opposition says this happening because elections is near then they are probably right, but how can you give the opposition such opening to strike, whether this trial follows due process or not, with this development, due process will have to commence immediately.

Honestly am disappointed with this expensive mistake from my the CJN.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Niorte: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2019
olagbola55:

Wallahi Nigeria got no future

I weep for dis country

D accuse publicly accept d allegation but still dey are supporting and hailing plus encouraging him not to show up

His brother too are claiming dey will shut d oil pipes

Oga o

You lack sense of judgement.

The fact that the accused admitted shows he is honourable.

The fact that the accused admitted does not mean due process should not be followed

The accused his simply being PERSECUTED not PROSECUTED due to the free hand he gave Judges in declaring APC primary election null and void in some states.

May I inform you that we as a people are majoring on the minor. What has Buhari done to deserve second term?

Ganduje was caught with dollars, Buhari praised him to high heavens but here is a man whose wealth was not tainted with corruption...it is not as if they said they money was a stolen money or that he duped the govt to get those money. These are wealth he had gotten before he became the CJN.....so what's the problem.

Buhari fight against corruption is always strong against a Christian culprit, a Southern culprit or his perceived enemies.

Think about this, if you catch someone who murder his neighbour.... Will you ask the police to kill him instantly without taking him to court?

National Judicial Council is the first point of contact for the CJN to be investigated and examine not the CCT.

If you like Buhari, no problem...we always have people we like...but if your likeness for Buhari will make you call white, black then you are already becoming insane!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Printerscanner: 11:07am On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
It is clear that Buhari is up to no good.

Yes, Buhari is up to no good. Buhari is the person that made the CJN to "forget" to declare his (CJN) assets.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Princedapace(m): 11:10am On Jan 14, 2019
Foolish country with yeye supporters.. Buhari didn't present his waec cert and went to court to defend it..

All these Buhari supporters were praising him then and attacked those against the move..

Now, they want due process for this man.. U guys are liers.. Buhari has taught us all how to skip the law. If Buhari can't try him following due process.. He should forget it.

They should touch him and watch how the country economy will blood.. Lol. I can imagine Nigeria fighting biko haram and militants at the same time plus herdsmen..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Halo22: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2019
There is no big deal here, if it is a punishable offence to not declare once all assets, then the case should be referred to the NJC for investigation and not all these ranting APC paid Buffons are doing out of ignorance. Don't forget that the judiciary is an arm of govt and as such, if found guilty, the matter would be referred to the Senate where 2/3 of the majority will be required for the removal of the CJN.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Kingv(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2019
Sai baba

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by adekolaelect(m): 11:14am On Jan 14, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:
Can somebody tell me what corruption case the government have against the CJN.

Why is APC overheating the polity.
But you can't ask this question when Adeosun finance minister was accused of fake NYC certificate. why you people so full of biased but it is not funny Nigeria where people celebrating corruption either they benefited from it or not. Just bcs they want play opposition with full of hatred ....

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by theoldpretender(m): 11:14am On Jan 14, 2019
Princedapace:

But there is a process to follow before u can try a sitting CJN..

And when is Buhari doing same to Governor of kano state and Apkabio, etc?

Bubu can do something to Akpabio....but for Kano...even if he tried...it always gets stymied by something called immunity.

And even if they freeze accounts...as in Fayose's case...there are two problems

1.Gandollar did not use state funds in this case (he was paid a bribe...and paid in cash....and something tells me the money is hid somewhere that does not have his name on it)

2.Fayose's accounts were unfrozen by court order.

God knows that we would have gotten immunity for publicofficers removed in 2006...as part of a package of laws..if not for Obj smuggling in third term for himself as part of that package that prevented the laws from being passed.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Inception(m): 11:15am On Jan 14, 2019
Read and Enjoy your Buhari grin

Buhari: The Only Leader Ever Who Voted Against His Nation

Uzor Maxim Uzoatu

“I remember in 1985 in Africa Hall that he was for confirmation of Dr Peter Onu of Nigeria, who was acting Secretary General but Nigeria’s Head of State Gen Muhammadu Buhary was adamant in his support of Niger’s candidate, Idi Omaro, a Fulani Muslim. In a meeting, a handful of Presidents led by Nyerere met with Gen Buhary and Nwalimu begged him: ‘Please give us Peter!’ Buhary refused and forgot even to be courteous to his old peers. What was astonishing, when the vote was in favour of Niger’s candidate, the Nigerian Head rejoiced to such a degree that he was unable to control his emotions. That was a moment I witnessed and was convinced that General Buhary would not last long as a leader.” – The OAU: Reality Or Fiction by Ibrahim Daggash, former Head of Information and Communication, Organization of African Unity (OAU); pg 69; ISBN 1-9044722-25-3

It is unheard-of in history that a self-respecting leader of a country would vote against his country’s candidate in international diplomacy. But here, you have it in black and white, in a book, that former Head of State General Muhammadu Buhari would rather have a Fulani Muslim candidate from Niger instead of Nigeria’s own esteemed Dr. Peter Onu. Not even the highly revered then President of Tanzania, Julius Nyerere could make Buhari to change his mind.
This kind of bizarre shamelessness is why Nigeria is the laughing stock of the civilized world. It is unthinkable that any leader, anywhere would insult his own country by backing an opponent from another country. The crude tragedy here is that it was the selfsame Buhari who made this patriotic statement: “This generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no other country than Nigeria. We must stay here to salvage it together.”
How would the late Peter Onu have faith in Nigeria when he could not get the support of his country’s leader? It is as though the so-called leader was more interested in the ethnicity and religion of Peter Onu’s opponent from Niger than any bonds of citizenship with his Nigerian compatriot. Cry, the beloved country, as Alan Paton entitled his sad book.
Attaining the great post of Secretary-General of the then OAU was a task most African countries gave their all in raising their diplomatic stakes. In Peter Onu’s case, he even had the other African countries rooting for him because of his undoubted competence only to be abandoned by the very man at the helm of affairs in his own country.
Indeed Chinua Achebe was spot-on when he stated that the trouble with Nigeria stood on leadership in his classic little book The Trouble With Nigeria. A leader that cannot support his countrymen and women can only be aid to be worse than useless. How indeed will Nigerians be motivated to lift up the country? It all means that all the croaking about “One Nigeria” is a huge joke.
Buhari’s antecedents can only deal a deathblow to his current attempt at winning the presidency of Nigeria. He is not showing in any sense whatsoever that he has changed from his old ways which made the author to state in the book quoted above at the beginning of this article that “he was convinced that General Buhary (sic) would not last long as a leader.”
All over the internet are quotes of Buhari stressing that he would ensure the entrenchment of the controversial Sharia law all over the country. In a plural society such as Nigeria, that is a surefire way to covet trouble. Buhari ought to know that the country is no longer under military where his word was law. Even then, he was even so easily overthrown by his military peers due to his bad politics.
Buhari had earlier said quite undiplomatically that Muslims should vote for only Muslims. It goes against the grain for a man who aspires to be the leader of all to sound so parochial. Buhari obviously has his fawning sycophants, but the larger public remains unimpressed.
It is this his latching to the praise songs of his toadies that makes Buhari imagine that he can ride roughshod over simple rules like presenting his school certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Celebrating a man who manufactures a Statement of Result from Katsina State of 1961 in lieu of his mandatory school certificate in the contest for the Nigerian presidency aptly sums up the sorry fate of the country where a child from Anambra State, for instance, must score more than 139 marks to be admitted into the so-called Unity Schools while another child from Yobe State is only required to score just 2, as in TWO, marks. Pathetic!
A leader who shamelessly helped to defeat his own country, to actually vote against the country he led, as Buhari did in Peter Onu’s contest for the Secretary-General post of the then OAU has no business putting up his head to lead the country yet again. Since he is so desirous of supporting his Fulani mates from Niger, would it not be wiser to aspire to lead Niger Republic instead? Somebody urgently needs to CHANGE himself first!

https://www.facebook.com/378378918890631/posts/buhari-the-only-leader-ever-who-voted-against-his-nation-uzor-maxim-uzoatui-reme/815908848470967/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Mother Delivers While Dancing With Muma Gee At Campaign Rally (Photos) / Ben Ayade Commissions Toothpick Factory In Cross River State / I Will Be The Winner And I Will Congratulate Myself - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.