Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. (35046 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by ashjay001(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
So where re the 150 SANSgringrin

Pdp and inital gragragringrin

Their ardour, don dey cool now! When person say, him commit offence, and dem abeleja yon, are wailing all around d country angry
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by bettercreature(m): 11:17am On Jan 14, 2019
pryme:

If this CJN steps down, I believe the highest ranking judge will resume in acting capacity. Let's hope the person is not a northerner.

Let's not be deceived if the opposition says this happening because elections is near then they are probably right, but how can you give the opposition such opening to strike, whether this trial follows due process or not, with this development, due process will have to commence immediately.

Honestly am disappointed with this expensive mistake from my the CJN.
Africa will continue to go backward we are just very corrupt.Take South Africa for example they are going backward at a speed of light since the end of apartheid.If a whole CJN is corrupt where do we run to? That means there is no way out of this mess but allowing a northerner to replace him is going to be a very big mistake

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Princedapace(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2019
theoldpretender:

Bubu can do something to Akpabio....but for Kano...even if he tried...it always gets stymied by something called immunity.

And even if they freeze accounts...as in Fayose's case...there are two problems

1.Gandollar did not use state funds in this case (he was paid a bribe...and paid in cash....and something tells me the money is hid somewhere that does not have his name on it)

2.Fayose's accounts were unfrozen by court order.

God knows that we would have gotten immunity for publicofficers removed in 2006...as part of a package of laws..if not for Obj smuggling in third term for himself as part of that package that prevented the laws from being passed.

U see, I don't have issues if the laws are followed.. But that Buhari of a man is such a bigot. He wants to remove this mN and replace him with someone close to him.. If care is not taking, Buhari wants to turn Nigeria to all these African countries with system of govt run and managed by their families. That made it difficult to remove the govt in most of these countries.. I am sure that is what the two cabals working with Buhari wants to do. They wants it gradually and before u know it, the entire key systems are controled by loyalties..

This is a right move with wrong intentions.. Also they should follow the due process.. U can't come and disregard law all because u are a president..

If u also notice, what they do now is find a case against u, due to majority of the public office holders are corrupt, they simply show u ur wrong doings and intimidate u to either join the Buhari movement or risk getting persecuted.. This is why top guns are defecting to the ruling party..

The whole game is to tie down Nigeria under the direct control of those two cabals in Aso Rock.

U don't know how much control those guys have now. They were able to penetrate Buhari becus he wasn't Liberal. Buhari has always been a tribal sentimental fellow.. Those two men used that opportunity to penetrate him..

They also know that majority of the public office holders have dirty things they are hiding, they are using that to intimidate them and buy them over..

My brother, look deep mehn. These country may turn to all these African countries controled by a single family..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by iamjavadem(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2019
Lazy youth, go and read the news.
OBAGADAFFI:
Can somebody tell me what corruption case the government have against the CJN.

Why is APC overheating the polity.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Iykenuwa(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2019
CJN Shuns CCT

Chief Wole Olanipekun who led 46 other Senior Advocates of Nigeria and 43 other lawywers, told the tribunal that the CJN had filed a motion dated January 14, challenging jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him.
"We are not just challenging jurisdiction, we are even challenging the jurisdiction of this tribunal to even sniff that charge.", Olanipekun submitted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by samisj4real(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2019
If I'm atiku after winning the election i must find 1or2 ways in making buhari die in prison
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by chukseric504869: 11:28am On Jan 14, 2019
some pple cannt separate reality from emotions, always whooping sentiment .southener no southerner it does not matter.Wat matters herre is whether he is guilty of d charge. d law must always takes it cause no matter who ox is gored.cos d ve seen dt d trap as caught him,dts y Pdp,Wike n et al r brandishing bt if for no oda thing I love Buhari I love him for. not being moved by threat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Inception(m): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2019
Iykenuwa:
CJN Shuns CCT

Chief Wole Olanipekun who led 46 other Senior Advocates of Nigeria and 43 other lawywers, told the tribunal that the CJN had filed a motion dated January 14, challenging jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him.
"We are not just challenging jurisdiction, we are even challenging the jurisdiction of this tribunal to even sniff that charge.", Olanipekun submitted.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by PHILipu1(m): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2019
samisj4real:
If I'm atiku after winning the election i must find 1or2 ways in making buhari die in prison
what if Buhari wins,should Buhari jail or kill Atiku?
Because even little kids in my street knows that Atiku can not defeat Buhari in a free and fair election.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Eficator: 11:33am On Jan 14, 2019
Breaking News:

The matter of the CJN at the CCB has been adjourned.

Reasons: Improper service on the CJN.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by firstolalekan(m): 11:36am On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
It is clear that Buhari is up to no good.
Woe betide all the enemy of the state

You all have no future. This is not about PDP OR APC.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by firstolalekan(m): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2019
lawman88:
Three things are sure from this case:

1) It is either Buhari is digraced or the CJN is disgracred.

2) Buhari will lose the little support he would have from south south and even fron SE

3) Another judicial precedent will be set

RUBBISH
AF IS 5% MATTERS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Damoche10: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Creamz:

It's not about him accepting. It's about due process been followed. He is supposed to be first brought before the NJC who makes recommendation to the president who in turn forwards it to the Senate to get a two third majority to remove him as the CJN. THAT'S THE LAW. Only the Senate can remove him

Which Senate are u referring to? That one? Don't let me laugh my intestine out of my mouth...
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by firstolalekan(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2019
PFRB:

Your brain needs a reset.
Fooooooooooooooool
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by gaskiyamagana: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2019
adem30:

Even after the accused accepts his own wrong doing?

With your mentality, Nigeria has no future
How did you expect PDP 's University of Desperation graduate argue?

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Bimpe29: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2019
Buhari has turned Nigeria to a Banana Republic.

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Xisnin(m): 11:49am On Jan 14, 2019
adem30:

What wrong?
He forgot to declare an account that was last used in 2011 and the dullard
couldn't follow due process by petitioning the NJC.
He will be disgraced as usual.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by haladadon: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2019
classicking:

How can he forget a huge amount ..you as an example can you forget you have N3000

because there was no money in the account in 2009 by then, therefore it wasn't an asset but a liability hence no need to declare it.

he therefore declared it in 2016 when there was money before becoming the CJN.

secondly Its a domiciliary account.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by gaskiyamagana: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2019
Let be honest, Presidency is wrong on this move. I am not saying Onnoghen should not be questioned, but FG has done that badly.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by WATCHOVER(m): 11:54am On Jan 14, 2019
adem30:

Na now you know? Buhari when no dey obey court order, we are kicking him out of politics forever
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by gaskiyamagana: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2019
Xisnin:

What wrong?
He forgot to declare an account that was last used in 2011 and the dullard
couldn't follow due process by petitioning the NJC.
He will be disgraced as usual.

Sai Baba
Sai Bubu
Sai barber
Sai barbarian
Sai Buhari Till 2023.
Let us be truth to ourselves, Presidency and FG did this thing wrong.

1 Like

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by ogene007: 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2019
MyGeneration:
try and talk reasonably sha. You are talking to the president of the federal republic of Nigeria not your local government chairman or your street chairman
We have a fraudster not a leader.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by dheilaw1(m): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
It is clear that Buhari is up to no good.
you are not supposed to live in the midst of human beings
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by MrCEO69(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
adem30:

WE r not talking about the wrong or the good, we are looking at it from the speed to do with away with the CJN asap, what about the other members in the APC who v been indicted but no court case against them. Who gave assets to the people that brought the case.. Cause the declaration is only made public if the person allows it.. In this case he didn't make it public.. Only the FG v the power to give access to it. So u see the FG is up to something to there own benefit.. And y did the FG say he should vacate his office even bf proven guilty??
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Enemyofpeace: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
Rubbish
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Creamz(m): 12:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
Damoche10:

Which Senate are u referring to? That one? Don't let me laugh my intestine out of my mouth...

The Senate. The third arm of government. I wasn't the one who made the law. They need two third of the Senate to remove the CJN as the Senate president and as the President of the FGN
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Mitchewww(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
SolutionMee:
cheesy

No peace for the guilty. This clearly shows that the man is guilty of the allegation charged against him. Hence, the arrival of 90+ lawyers.

I'm now beginning to think that Buhari is trying effortlessly to revive the reputation and international image of this country, while majority of Nigerians were making void his positive inputs.

My fellow countrymen, please think.

Buhari brought how many for waec cert?
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by ogunsj: 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
Randy100:
Accept as how? The man said he forgot, and it is the duty of the CCB to remind him for him to confirm it. You should know that a judge has to be investigated by National Judicial council (NJC) and if found guilty he is suspended and then a case can be instituted against him. That is the due process and it is the rule of law enshrined in the constitution. Like I said Buhari is up to no good. Nigeria will be much better without Buhari in it. With your mentality Nigeria is doomed.
I thought they say ignorant is not an excuse in law.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by mechanics(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
Their heads will be vibrating now o
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Randy100: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2019
ogunsj:
I thought they say ignorant is not an excuse in law.
yes. In this case CCB was suppose to inform him first and if he denies it, then they can now petition him before CCT. But CCB rushed immediately and petitioned him before CCT, so you can see that something is fishy here. Like I stated above, they should follow the due process.
Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Carlyscales: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
adem30:

Something is definitely wrong with ur head!

Are we in a zooo republic

Shouldn't we all ( including the president ) be guided with d constitution n law

The law, is it primarily as passed or better as interpreted by a court of competent jurisdiction

U give immunity to d executive n can't muster any form of protection n decorum to d judiciary. Is that how u reason from the zooo u came from as a country

What happened to taking cases against any judicial officers to d NJC as ruled in Nganjiwa appeal court ruling

This same PMB actually wrote to d Natl Assembly exonerating Babachir of any form of corruption without any form of investigation, even with clear evidence implicating him in d NE grasscutter mess. It was only when PMB went for medical vacation that Osibanjo quickly removed him. Only for PMB to make him his NE 2019 campaign chief recently.

U didn't read that HOS Ms pepple actually briefed PMB about Maina's reinstatement in civil service b4 it was actually effected by the cabal. So?

Or about FG excourting Kemi Adeosun to d airport to fly first class out of d country. In order to avoid perjury prosecution.

Its only when any perceived political foes errs that the clueless AG n PMB will start jumping up n down.

Una no get shame a tall. Kai

Re: Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. by Timatayo1: 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2019
Stupid government and stupidity supporters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Be The Winner And I Will Congratulate Myself - Buhari / Amaechi Built Five Flyovers, Rivers APC Replies Wike / 57th Independence Day Celebration In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.