Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

I Am Taking Up Religion. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Taking Up Religion. (4743 Views)

Taking Up The Cross / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
wickedtuna:
Hello sir, i will like to sincerely apologize for disrupting your conversation with budaa, i felt this was a thread for all to air their views openly and at such acquire knowledge from eachother. I hope i didnt disrespect you in any way sir? Its not in my nature to do so. If you would please kindly continue so we could all learn, for what is knowledge if not properly scrutinized ? Thank you and God bless.
No sir. I took no offense. Do have a great day.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

No, its not ok. I do not do "private conversation" about what I discuss here. I prefer having them in the open where I can not hide and so it can be seen.
Oops! I wanted to converse with you on a personal level, not as strangers arguing endlessly on a forum.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
Oops! I wanted to converse with you on a personal level, not as strangers arguing endlessly on a forum.
As you can see, there are people following this conversation and I would not wish to deprive them of learning from you.

You did say you read my threads and have stated things you claim to know about me, so, I can hardly be a stranger to you. And nor do you have to converse in private for it to be on a "personal level".
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

As you can see, there are people following this conversation and I would not wish to deprive them of learning from you.

You did say you read my threads and have stated things you claim to know about me, so, I can hardly be a stranger to you. And nor do you have to converse in private for it to be on a "personal level".

. My mission is not to to argue with the crowd or to present my thoughts on an intellectual level, because it's very obvious that what YOU need is not an intellectual conviction to change your mind. If back and forth arguments here on Nairaland or reading of philosophical or critical books on religion or Christianity (which I suppose you may have read up to one hundred)—could convince you, you'll have become a Christian before now. Are you afraid your world might come crashing down if you are presented with something that may be too convincing to discard?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by wickedtuna: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
. My mission is not to to argue with the crowd or to present my thoughts on an intellectual level, because it's very obvious that what YOU need is not an intellectual conviction to change your mind. If back and forth arguments here on Nairaland or reading of philosophical or critical books on religion or Christianity (which I suppose you may have read up to one hundred)—could convince you, you'll have become a Christian before now. Are you afraid your world might come crashing down if you are presented with something that may be too convincing to discard?
hello sir, if you feel you have something that will supposedly save him, why not save us all? Was it hidden from you what you now know or you just stumbled upon it? Kindly reply me sir for i mean no disrespect. I want to know and learn so please be free to state your claim here. Thank you sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
Change my mind from what and to what, exactly? And why do I need to become a Christian? In fact, what exactly do you mean by "become a Christian"?

As to being afraid. Know that I am buda. The buda who openly walks in the valley of the shadow of death.

1 Like

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by wickedtuna: 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

Change my mind from what and to what, exactly? And why do I need to become a Christian? In fact, what exactly do you mean by "become a Christian"?

As to being afraid. Know that I am buda. The buda who openly walks in the valley of the shadow of death.
Hello Buda, it's already becoming an endless cycle of back-and-forth arguments or intro I was avoiding.

I wanna believe you're afraid of seeing the truth, but whilst still quoting the Bible. In fact, it's so crystal-clear that you are. grin
If you give Jesus Christ a chance, I bet you that you'll SEE that whatever comfort, definition of life, love and "peace" that your current comfort zone(s) offer/s is fleeting and a false representation, and the real comfort and peace that Jesus Christ offers is what you need.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2019
And I think your claim to have read my threads is not exactly true or you'd know my position on what you chose to believe. You'd definitely not be asking me to "give Jesus a chance" if you had read any of my posts!

Try this one by Shepherd and get back to me when you know me better.

Daviddson:
Hello Buda, it's already becoming an endless cycle of back-and-forth arguments or intro I was avoiding.

I wanna believe you're afraid of seeing the truth. In fact, it's so crystal-clear that you are. grin
If you give Jesus Christ a chance, I bet you that you'll SEE that whatever comfort, definition of life and "peace" that your current comfort zone(s) offer/s is fleeting and a false representation, and the real comfort and peace that Jesus Christ offers is what you need.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:
And I think your claim to have read my threads is not exactly true or you'd know my position on what you chose to believe. You'd definitely not be asking me to "give Jesus a chance" if you had read any of my posts!

Try this one by Shepherd and get back to me when you know me better.

I understand that you seem to be open to the idea that Jesus Christ "is a great guy, but I don't subscribe to all that He taught in the Bible", but that's exactly the foundation of where you've missed it. If you so miss this very basic truth that you can't choose to like God or Jesus Christ ON YOUR OWN TERMS and that a child-like attitude of BELIEF is needed, nothing else you do or say about God matters.

If you like, print out the whole words in the Bible and paste them on the walls of your home, it'll only be a false comfort to your heart. It's like a child whom his mother told to go wash the dishes, but instead chose to go clean the rest room in defiance, thinking since both are house chores he's excused. Think about it twice.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
I understand that you seem to be open to the idea that Jesus Christ "is a great guy, but I don't subscribe to all that He taught in the Bible".
If you were a doctor, you'd be treating a cancer you imagine in your head instead of a patient's headache!

Does anyone subscribe to all that Jesus taught in the Bible?

Do you subscribe to all that Jesus taught in the Bible?

Where do you get this understanding of your's that buda must be perfect from?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by wickedtuna: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Lol truly knowledge is an endless journey! Even in death we will still be learning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
a child-like attitude of BELIEF is needed, nothing else you do or say about God matters.
You should perhaps consider growing up and replace belief with much greater things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
wickedtuna:
Lol truly knowledge is an endless journey! Even in death we will still be learning.
Not for everyone, wicked. Some are already dead because they think they know it all.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2019
wickedtuna:
hello sir, if you feel you have something that will supposedly save him, why not save us all? Was it hidden from you what you now know or you just stumbled upon it? Kindly reply me sir for i mean no disrespect. I want to know and learn so please be free to state your claim here. Thank you sir
Yes sir, I really do have "something" that can save you and that something is Jesus Christ. But I'm not disposed to Nairaland argument.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

You should perhaps consider growing up and replace belief with much greater things.
LOL. My dear friend, please stop doing this, because I can see through the antics. It won't do you any good to wanna play around what you do know you don't believe. Just quoting the Bible isn't enough. Do you BELIEVE Jesus Christ is your one and only Saviour whom by believing in His atonement for your sins and surrending to, you can have eternal life? If you remove believe/belief from the equation of religion, you have succeeded in taking out its very centre-piece. The evidence are inseparable from belief.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

If you were a doctor, you'd be treating a cancer you imagine in your head instead of a patient's headache!

Does anyone subscribe to all that Jesus taught in the Bible?

Do you subscribe to all that Jesus taught in the Bible?

Where do you get this understanding of your's that buda must be perfect from?

Yes I believe all that Jesus said and taught in the Bible.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
Yes I believe all that Jesus said and taught in the Bible.
Do you practise what you claim to believe?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

Do you practise what you claim to believe?
This is a 10,000-yard digression from the main discussion. Are you a Christian? My dear friend, do you believe that Jesus Christ can save you from yourself, power of the devil and all the dark experiments you may have involved in in the quest to fill the God and Jesus void in your life?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by wickedtuna: 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
Yes sir, I really do have "something" that can save you and that something is Jesus Christ. But I'm not disposed to Nairaland argument.
But even Jesus spoke in the open and countered the arguments with words of wisdom to show the people the way. I bet you found this knowledge and sold all you had just to acquire it and now that you have acquired it, you would rather not speak of it in open?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by wickedtuna: 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
LOL. My dear friend, please stop doing this, because I can see through the antics. It won't do you any good to wanna play around what you do know you don't believe. Just quoting the Bible isn't enough. Do you BELIEVE Jesus Christ is your one and only Saviour whom by believing in His atonement for your sins and surrending to, you can have eternal life? If you remove believe/belief from the equation of religion, you have succeeded in taking out its very centre-piece. The evidence are inseparable from belief.
are you referring to the MAN or the SPIRIT?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
Do you BELIEVE Jesus Christ is your one and only Saviour whom by believing in His atonement for your sins and surrending to, you can have eternal life? If you remove believe/belief from the equation of religion, you have succeeded in taking out its very centre-piece. The evidence are inseparable from belief.
I have told you that I do not do believe.

Please explain to me why you would concern yourself with "eternal life" when Jesus [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&version=NIV]told you to believe that[/url], "Each day has enough trouble of its own"?

Have you so little faith in the Words you claim to believe?

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
Are you a Christian?
Did I not already answer this question?
Did you not respond with the following?

Daviddson:
LOL. That's not true - you don't need any person's approval or disapproval to become a Christian. And BTW if no other person here want you as one, I would.

Are you changing your mind now with your disapproval?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
My dear friend, do you believe that Jesus Christ can save you from yourself, power of the devil and all the dark experiments you may have involved in in the quest to fill the God and Jesus void in your life?
This, I call the boogeyman principal, the notion that you can scare someone to behave, or in this case, believe as you wish them to believe. It's not a tactic I find Jesus used much, but perhaps he just had way more respect for people.

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

I have told you that I do not do believe.

Please explain to me why you would concern yourself with "eternal life" when Jesus [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&version=NIV]told you to believe that[/url], "Each day has enough trouble of its own"?

Have you so little faith in the Words you claim to believe?

My dear friend, the gate of heaven is open to receive you, but the other part of it is that it's only open while you and I can still breath. If we slip off this earth, there's no possibility of redemption. I'll advise you to consider my Jesus Christ and see how He throws out all of the complications your mind is entangled with. He's done it for more stubborn atheists, deists, agnostics, high-ranking satanic cult members than you and yours cannot be an exemption. Are you willing?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

Did I not already answer this question?
Did you not respond with the following?
Are you changing your mind now with your disapproval?
Okay, thank you for reminding me, though I asked that question because you seem to be involved with so many religions that it's hard to know which one your allegiance is for grin

Now to reiterate my earlier statement: I really do want you to become a Christian (and God wants you to, because that's the ONLY way to eternal bliss, which is the crust of all that I've been saying since). I'm aware you once gave it a try, but gave up after some time, but can you give it another shot again, and NOW?
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
My dear friend, the gate of heaven is open to receive you, but the other part of it is that it's only open while you and I can still breath. If we slip off this earth, there's no possibility of redemption. I'll advise you to consider my Jesus Christ and see how He throws out all of the complications your mind is entangled with. He's done it for more stubborn atheists, deists, agnostics, high-ranking satanic cult members than you and yours cannot be an exemption. Are you willing?
No, I am not willing to submit to your baseless and unfounded opinion of me since you obviously know nothing about me. Especially since your so called "belief" in Jesus Christ is devoid of understanding, and more importantly, the doing of the will of the Lord.

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

No, I am not willing to submit to your baseless and unfounded opinion of me since you obviously know nothing about me. Especially since your so called "belief" in Jesus Christ is devoid of understanding, and more importantly, the doing of the will of the Lord.
LOL. My friend, I know a lot about you, more than you know I do. Do you want to become a Christian? Do you wanna give Jesus a chance to "prove" Himself in your life?

MODIFIED/ADDED

I'm sorry, but I'll be busy from now till much later in the evening. I'll respond to your replies when I'm back.
Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
Daviddson:
LOL. My friend, I know a lot about you, more than you know I do. Do you want to become a Christian? Do you wanna give Jesus a chance to "prove" Himself in your life?
If you knew anything about buda you'd have wondered why the buda whom some referred to as the only true atheist on Nairaland, became a theist.

And if you knew Christ, instead of having the childish belief you have in him, you most definitely would not assume buda would fall for the antics you use here!

Please know that I have no desire to be like you, whatever your rewards might be.

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by Daviddson(m): 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

If you knew anything about buda you'd have wondered why the buda whom some referred to as the only true atheist on Nairaland, became a theist.

And if you knew Christ, instead of having the childish belief you have in him, you most definitely would not assume buda would fall for the antics you use here!

Please know that I have no desire to be like you, whatever your rewards might be.
LOL. You're in my daily prayers my dear friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Taking Up Religion. by budaatum: 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
Daviddson:
LOL. You're in my daily prayers my dear friend.
As you are, in mine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Common Misconceptions About Islam / What Does It Mean When Aarons Rod Becomes A Serpent ? / Apostle Joshua Selman: A Gift To This Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.