Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) (71664 Views)

200 Ukranian Special Forces, Soldiers Killed By Russian Air Strikes (Graphic) / Taliban Unveils Special Forces In Armour Vest, Helmet And Night Vision(Pics) / SAS Officer Hailed A Hero After He Stormed Kenya Hotel With Elite Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:08am On Jan 17, 2019
dexpendable:

How do you call war/crises photographers civilians

War journalists/journalism.

I can decide to be as a civilian if i have the mind without being member of the force.

All i need is a training on how to take cover.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by ghettochild(m): 6:10am On Jan 17, 2019
So person cannot go to Kenya in peace for fear of terrorist attack
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by kalvoken(m): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2019
Explorers:

I can decide to be as a civilian if i have the mind without being member of the force.

How would you earn your pay then
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by pawesome(m): 6:32am On Jan 17, 2019
See Kenya and their military gear... Chai... My country! This happens in Naija, they should just know that they are all gonna be gone cz you not gonna see anybody... Lass lass they tell you they haven't given them order.. Have seen that countless time in Jos... Attacking right in front of them but they will say they have not given them order so they can't go

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:34am On Jan 17, 2019
kalvoken:

How would you earn your pay then

Selling the rare clips.

Some also work for BBC/CNN/Ajazeera and etc.
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by RillJ(m): 6:41am On Jan 17, 2019
LAR Riffle, by far better than AK 47 at long range shots!

Big ups to all whoever stake their lives for others's peace.

Explorers:
People were evacuated and some survivors run for their lives in the street as a gunfight ensued between al Shabaab terrorists and Kenyan security guards.
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by dexpendable(m): 6:41am On Jan 17, 2019
Explorers:

Training to take cover still makes you a civilian?
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:44am On Jan 17, 2019
dexpendable:

Training to take cover still makes you a civilian?

Just like on NYSC camp, that doesn't make you a member of the force.
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Cyberleets: 7:20am On Jan 17, 2019
Princedapace:

Guy, pls stop exposing ur self here.. Go and read. Kenyan Armed forces are among the few actively involved in war today. They have been active in Somalia war. They have been there for decades. Go and read.

Also, it is not about fighting all the time. Your ability to respond is what matters. Nigeria is 3 in Africa and 43rd in the world. yes, Nigeria is ahead of Kenya in rating. Nigeria is richer than Kenya. But Kenya forces are very organized tactical and professional. As for military rating, u can always get ur ratings from https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Dude u the one exposing urself...u just said Nigeria is ahead of Kenya in rating, and that has been our argument isn't it? Which country is better in terms of military.

I never knew u were talking of professionalism.

Case closed...Nigerian military is ahead of Kenya. Just imagine that our government doesnt steal the money meant for the military, u won't be here talking this poo
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Princedapace(m): 7:27am On Jan 17, 2019
Cyberleets:

Dude u the one exposing urself...u just said Nigeria is ahead of Kenya in rating, and that has been our argument isn't it? Which country is better in terms of military.

I never knew u were talking of professionalism.

Case closed...Nigerian military is ahead of Kenya. Just imagine that our government doesnt steal the money meant for the military, u won't be here talking this poo

The but u mentioned is the issue bro. As long as there is a but then, there is an issue. The military in Nigeria is not properly managed and operated. Our guys are great. Just like Nigerians are great with bad leadership. The Kenyans u see are well managed tactical and highly responsive. The kenyas soldiers don't go about killing their own people any how like the military does here. The kenyans don't join the military to escape unemployment. The list is on and on. And military rating is not by fighting at all times..

Nigerian soldiers are good but poorly managed. That but is the issue.
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by tope24(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2019
Chriswazo:
Some of these people don confess tire, God have mercy.
These pictures are terrifying mehn
Security people d try, even press men wey get liver d snap people that are running for their lives o as if dem get 2 lives.
May this never be our portion!

Look at Kenya's special forces with their AR 50s and night vision googgles. they all have pistols strapped on their thighs as back up. Damn these guys are prepped for anything. Na AK47 we still dey carry up and down for Naija. God safe us

1 Like

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 8:08am On Jan 17, 2019
ikorodureporta:
Why are they following this soldier... isn't it safer to hide somewhere
It is a single file formation evacuation procedure... Thats the reason why their was minimal casualties.
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by ga6992: 8:15am On Jan 17, 2019
is it just me or Kenya is looking like a London street....quality guns quality roads and building structure

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by kalvoken(m): 8:32am On Jan 17, 2019
Explorers:

Selling the rare clips.

Some also work for BBC/CNN/Ajazeera and etc.

Hmm, too risky for my liking. No black man would want to venture into that unless those in army. Oyibo dey try sha
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Danybest: 8:39am On Jan 17, 2019
Where have we gone wrong Nigeria?
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Amina2019: 8:50am On Jan 17, 2019
why u wan hid under table? but this picture look so frictional, cant still believe this is real life. we really need to be proactive about things like this.

Explorers:
Kenyan special forces take position at the scene following several explosions and heavy gunfire.

The four attackers, one wearing a green belt laden with grenades, were seen on CCTV blasting their way into the hotel and office complex in Nairobi after detonating car bombs outside a nearby bank .

The suicide bomber then blew himself up in the lobby before the other three began hurling grenades and shooting people as they fled or hid under tables.

Kenyatta said that 14 civilians have been confirmed dead and that more than 700 people had been evacuated to safety from the the 14 Riverside Drive complex which includes a large hotel known as DusitD2, banks and offices.

Somali Islamist militant group al-Shabaab, which has links to al-Qaeda claimed that it was behind the terror attack.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6594063/Gunshots-heard-upscale-complex-Kenyan-capital-witnesses.html
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by NinjaMetahuman: 9:25am On Jan 17, 2019
THUNDER4real:
yeah. Your stupidity Is paining me
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 9:30am On Jan 17, 2019
ga6992:
is it just me or Kenya is looking like a London street....quality guns quality roads and building structure
Its a good livable city
NAIROBI

1 Like

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by shurlar50(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2019
Imagine, they had First responders 'something something', these includes *Police*, military trained personnel who first countered the terrorist attack. That's before the Kenya army arrived oo, based on distress calls and social media. Kinda envious, to be honest. I'm not not sure our Naija police men can do that effectively

1 Like

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2019
KENYA

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by kenny5811(m): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2019
d country's security outfit is organised..... imagine dis kind attack in Nigeria... is der anytin like special tactical squad in d Nigerian army.... see dia clean guns(assorted)...
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 9:41am On Jan 17, 2019
NAIROBI

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by ga6992: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2019
Kenyanstar:
Its a good livable city NAIROBI

wow wtf fucking beautiful...are u a nairobian bro??
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by THUNDER4real(m): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
yeah.
Your stupidity Is paining me
please connect before you start talking. Useless Nigerian soldier. bagga

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 10:03am On Jan 17, 2019
ga6992:

wow wtf fucking beautiful...are u a nairobian bro??
I live 300KM outside the city in a town called Eldoret town. 5th largest town in Kenya.
ELDORET TOWN

1 Like

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 10:09am On Jan 17, 2019
ELDORET TOWN

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2019
kenny5811:
d country's security outfit is organised..... imagine dis kind attack in Nigeria... is der anytin like special tactical squad in d Nigerian army.... see dia clean guns(assorted)...
KENYA RAPID RESPONSE
1. Special operations regiment(Army)
2. Red Berets(Administration police)
3. General service units(Para military)

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by ga6992: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Kenyanstar:

I live 300KM outside the city in a town called Eldoret town. 5th largest town in Kenya.
ELDORET TOWN

wow I envy u bro...u can selfie anywhere....nice one...u must be real proud of ur place huh

1 Like

Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by DonXavi(m): 10:35am On Jan 17, 2019
d
Re: Kenya Hotel Attack: Special Forces Taking Position (More Pics) by Kenyanstar: 10:35am On Jan 17, 2019
ga6992:

wow I envy u bro...u can selfie anywhere....nice one...u must be real proud of ur place huh
Dispite all the challenges its a country on the move... Big things are happening bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Donald Trump Impeachment Doesn't Mean Removal From Office / Exclusive Graphic Images From Israel By First Responders / Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.