Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari (523 Views)

Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. / FG Link Igboho To Boko Haram Sponsored / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:05am On Jan 17, 2019
FEATURED
Boko Haram sponsored by forces outside Nigeria – Buhari
Published

January 17, 2019
Kamarudeen Ogundele. Samson Folarin and Tobi Aworinde

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said Boko Haram insurgents were being sponsored by forces outside Nigeria.

He said the military needed a lot of money for purchase of gadgets, spare parts and arms to completely wipe out the terrorists.

Buhari spoke during a live presidential town hall meeting tagged, “The Candidates” at the Ladi Kwali Conference Centre, Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, on Wednesday.

“We need a lot of money for the military for spare parts, communication gadgets, arms and ammunition. The Boko Haram are certainly supported by forces outside Nigeria,” the President said.

The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate said he became the candidate of the party because of the support of the National Executive Committee.

He said, “I said it much earlier at the National Executive Committee of our party that if my party recommended me to its executive, I would contest. I did that to save time and wide discussions among members of the party.”

When the moderator, Kadariah Ahmed, asked the President to address the allegation that only members of the opposition parties were being hounded in the corruption fight, he said, “I think that is not a fair criticism. I don’t think that there is anybody that is being pointed out as corrupt in the last dispensation that we looked the other way.”

The President was asked by the moderator what he was doing about allegations against members of his cabinet.

She cited the case of a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, and a petition by a non-governmental organisation against the Minister for Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola.

“I have to be careful. But if there are strong allegations and people have bank accounts, names of companies looted, contracts awarded, then we take them before the courts through the EFCC and the ICPC and we have to trust the system,” Buhari added.

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, said the case of Lawal was before the EFCC and a directive had been issued for his trial.

More in Home
Police portal closes, 315,032 apply for 10,000 vacancies

Why Nigerians are not feeling impact of economic growth — DG Budget

NNPC is a mafia organisation, I’ll privatise it – Atiku

Go to court, Osinbajo tells restructuring advocates

La Liga sets new attendance record
He noted that all cases involving members of the cabinet referred to the EFCC would receive attention.

Osinbajo also said the President needed another term to consolidate on the gains of his administration.

“We campaigned on three fundamental issues namely, the economy, the fight against corruption and security. In those three respects, we believe that we have laid very strong foundations and I very strongly believe that we are on to much more progress if given a second opportunity,” Osinbajo said

https://punchng.com/b-haram-sponsored-by-forces-outside-nigeria-buhari/
Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:08am On Jan 17, 2019
What manner of president is this Buhari that he always don't wanna take responsibility?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by silentEXPLOSION: 5:09am On Jan 17, 2019
this is vague. u said it will be eliminated. sponsored by forces within or outside nigeria makes no difference. sir, i wonder what u expect us to do with this information

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:11am On Jan 17, 2019
So Buhari and APC didn't know about those forces when they were crucifying and vilifying GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:15am On Jan 17, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
So Buhari and APC didn't know about those forces when you were crucifying and vilifying GEJ?

After 4 years the wound never heal ?

The greatest of all wailers home and abroad
Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:16am On Jan 17, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
What manner of president is this Buhari that he always don't wanna take responsibility?

He took responsibility by locking up our treasury for your bosses not to loot us dry
Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 17, 2019
Was it not same Buhari that said "Military offences against Bokoharam is anti-north"?...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:24am On Jan 17, 2019
sarrki:

He took responsibility by locking up our treasury for your bosses not to loot us dry
Wow!

So after locking the treasury BHTs stopped their killings?

Tell Me Something undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by madridguy(m): 5:32am On Jan 17, 2019
What stops you from claiming to be the financial back bone of the sect? Everything is not politics

BeeBeeOoh:
Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by madridguy(m): 5:34am On Jan 17, 2019
The wound will never heal as we' re about to add more wound and add salt to the existing ones.

sarrki:

After 4 years the wound never heal ?

The greatest of all wailers home and abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by aolawale025: 5:37am On Jan 17, 2019
What difference does it make where the sponsors are. Finish them off on Nigerian soil
Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:37am On Jan 17, 2019
madridguy:
What stops you from claiming to be the financial back bone of the sect? Everything is not politics

Wow!

So everything is not politics now but Buhari, APC and their supporters politicised everything back then?

Besides, I would taken responsibility but I ain't Buhari

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by Angelparadise: 5:39am On Jan 17, 2019
I can confidently say the present Nigeria president is the most lifeless and incompetent President Nigerians ever had since independent of this country. His responses to questions ask where off points.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Sponsored By Forces Outside Nigeria – Buhari by sarrki(m): 6:01am On Jan 17, 2019
madridguy:
The wound will never heal as we' re about to add more wound and add salt to the existing ones.

The real one is 2023

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Campaigns In Benin, Assures EFCC, ICPC To Release Fg’s Plans / Nigerians Are Very Angry / The Killing Of Chief Christopher Nwafor Chukwu At Ufuma Aguwa In Orumba North LG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.