Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court (13529 Views)

I Collected Dollars In Cash For Emefiele, Dispatch Rider Tells Court / My Wife Was Kidnapped And Made To Transfer Money Under Duress / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Florblu(f): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2019
Ok
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by canalily(m): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2019
banquetking:
Sometimes I wish there were some way to just blot out evil people from this world.... angry
and you are % innocent
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Ubdavis(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2019
This guy will be freed

2 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Viking007(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:
They are marginalising Evans because he is Biafran
If he was an Ab0ki or an Afonja, will they treat him like this?

They are jealous of we Biafrans because we Umuchineke. Children of the Most High.

Evans, don't worry. Chukwu Okike is with you. The god of Kanu would come and bail you.
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Artzdanielsz(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2019
Typical Nigerian police way. Beat a cat to agree its a lion

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by sleazy5(m): 9:41am On Jan 17, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Free yourselves from slavery

Vote Buhari 2019

Next level things

Not to derail the post, but your comment got me thinking: if Buhari is still our president, why should we still free ourselves from slavery

2 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by surveyProf(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2019
RipMorosini:
Mr Evans..
You are free to go.
Discharge and acquitted...
Court!!!!!

All stand!
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Oluwo1: 9:43am On Jan 17, 2019
I see Evan's walking out free of this.. and this is what happen when you have unprofessional police officers. At first why torture people to confess if you already have evidence against him? Are you not suppose to have enough evidence to prosecute before even making an arrest? Same way the Lagos state commissioner of police will parade suspects that have not been convicted and few days later theyll get released because they dont have enough evidence to prosecute them. Efcc as well... our agencies are just full of comedians that just got work due to who they know and not what they know.
Innocents in prisons while criminals are out there living freely.

2 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Godskidk(m): 9:43am On Jan 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

It's not your fault.

Assuming they kidnapped your daddy and your family sold you to raise money, you won't be talking nonsense here.
Bro, I never said he should be left to go Scot free. It's just that this has gone on for far too long... Actually, the security system offers loopholes.
How can you interrogate such a high--caliber suspect without a recording device set in place? Who gave the NPF the authority to declare anyone guilty? Why has this case been dragged for this long for a criminal case if the evidence are in order?

Oluwo1:
I see Evan's walking out free of this.. and this is what happen when you have unprofessional police officers. At first why torture people to confess if you already have evidence against him? Are you not suppose to have enough evidence to prosecute before even making an arrest? Same way the Lagos state commissioner of police will parade suspects that have not been convicted and few days later theyll get released because they dont have enough evidence to prosecute them. Efcc as well... our agencies are just full of comedians that just got work due to who they know and not what they know.
Innocents in prisons while criminals are out there living freely.
Exactly what I thought

3 Likes

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Timothyoj(m): 9:47am On Jan 17, 2019
Speedyconnect15:
He will go to prison eventually.

This should have been done for long but they kept on dragging his case. HIs judgment is long overdue and they know what they are all doing.

God knows all......
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by gidgiddy: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2019
banquetking:
Sometimes I wish there were some way to just blot out evil people from this world.... angry

If that happens, there might not be up to 10 people left on Earth
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Godskidk(m): 9:50am On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=sleazy5 post=74842121]
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by elgramz: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2019
Before you know it now this man's trial will reach ten years. Why can't we just do a clean job and get judgement on these criminals?
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by braveboy64(m): 10:02am On Jan 17, 2019
His lawyer told him to say this
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by cozy7(m): 10:19am On Jan 17, 2019
VOTE OMOYELE SOWORE (AAC) FOR PRESIDENT 2019

OMOYELE SOWORE
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by mabea: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2019
zlantanfan:
Lol

Cuuny Igbo criminal
It's people like you that will start crying like a dog when they hear igbo amaka.
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by lukency(m): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2019
The most useless set of people must have thought him how to lie.
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by srclark: 10:35am On Jan 17, 2019
Shame on our judicial system ,it is a win win situation for Evans ,all of a sudden nothing is heard about his wife and kids again,obviously they have told her to go on low key .Sometimes the easiest way to get away with your crimes is turning yourself in ,am sure Evans is living large in prison better than many people outside cause he has money shame on our judicial system
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by avrex3k(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:
They are marginalising Evans because he is Biafran
If he was an Ab0ki or an Afonja, will they treat him like this?

They are jealous of we Biafrans because we Umuchineke. Children of the Most High.

Evans, don't worry. Chukwu Okike is with you. The god of Kanu would come and bail you.
angry

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Tizu(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2019
Evans will soon be discharged and acquitted. This is Nigeria where everyone including their corruption fighting president is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by darqly(m): 11:31am On Jan 17, 2019
Evans is screwing around with our archaic justice and police institutions and may get away with it.

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

It's not your fault.

Assuming they kidnapped your daddy and your family sold you to raise money, you won't be talking nonsense here.

That is not what the young man meant. He implied police should be professional in their bid to extract confessional statement as not to bring up a case against them like what Evans is doing now as this will further delay the case that hitherto would have been a smooth ride for the NPF. You don't need to torture a suspect as seen on the streets of this country except the individual resist arrest that has a warrant. ''Civilization'' !!!
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by adebuk47(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
this man never die ni. shocked shocked
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by nsesam(m): 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
Fear Igbo, both the criminal and his lawyer
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Originalsly: 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Just asking ..... what evidence has the prosecution put forward to support the accusations and charges? Is it ' Evans' written statement' ?...then that is rubbished because he said it was under duress ...which anyone can say...but when what he said can be backed up.... his confession should be thrown out...... and the Police investigated and charged. His head was busted.... show where...he was burnt with cigarette...show the marks... the men with whom he was arrested and photographed were killed.... can the Police parade any of the men now to prove it was a lie?
We need to be careful of rushing to judgement.... which is giving power to the a police to frame anyone for reasons known only to them.

1 Like

Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by kenodrill: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Keneshuku my brother from Abakaliki, you are correct. But the question is that why is it only crime we Biafrans do well?

Lool
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by Tywo2018: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
But you can collect money under Duress. If I pinch for head ehnn
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by PurestBoy(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
post=74841692:
The Heroes of children of hate and perdition, pigs, criminals has spoken.
When Evans the kidnapper say something against Buhari (just like he did the other day) he becomes an hero. When you say their heroes and spokespersons lack integrity (IBB, OBJ, Fayose, RENO FFK, Saraki, GEJ, etc)...then they say look at the message not the messenger ( what meaningful words do the robber want to utter?)

Lol cheesy, you've said the whole TRUTH.
He would have been sentenced accordingly in saner climes.

Boy are you mentally alright? All these pikins sef
Re: I Made My First Statement Under Duress, Evans Tells Court by erenax: 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Free yourselves from slavery

Vote Buhari 2019

Next level things

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Serial ATM Fraudster In Delta / Nigerian To Die In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / Pipeline Vandals Battle With Police In Elebute, Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.