Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:42 AM

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change (28920 Views)

The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Apple’s Iphones / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? / How Apple Might Likely Change The PC Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by SouthWestBlood(m): 2:41am On Jan 19, 2019
blazerinno:
I can understand your thinking of Apple becoming BlackBerry but that ain't happening. I'll explain my own opinion. My next phone is going to be an iPhone around mid this year or thereabout.
Blackberry made a mess of themselves. Their OS was clunky. Few apps and no games during the mobile gaming Revolution and their phones sucked... Bad!!! Hardware wise, their phones were far behind with incessant hanging and all. What even kept them afloat was BBM and it was a wonder how a single app could do that.
Apple has more than an app going for them. The mobile market is becoming much more saturated and Apple is a premium brand. Them still seeking such high volumes speaks volumes. No brand is actually innovating right now because it has become exponentially difficult. What has Samsung done in the past three generations that's innovative. The S10 is rumoured to have the punch in hole for the front facing camera at the side calling it Infinity o display just like the new Huawei phone that just came out (forgive me as I can't remember the model right now). The best bezel less display is from Xiaomi and their idea of hiding the front idea is to create a flip phone on this generation. Who does that. Gimme a notch anyday anytime. Truth be said. Innovation in mobile phones have come to a halt right now. Only increase in efficiency and power of internal components can happen now and that's even difficult too as processors innovation is to move to 7nm right now and that's expensive. Apple's latest chip is manufactured on a 7nm process. Apple is still at the forefront of innovation to be honest. Their chips are still the fastest with the latest generations. Their materials are still premium and their cameras still natural and the best in my opinion. Pixel 3 and the other top Android cameras might be slightly better but at that level you'll get great pictures from any.
My current gripe with Android is how clunky it is. It is not as efficient as iOS to be honest. My roommate uses a Samsung s8. Powerful device but how will a flagship be hanging. His WhatsApp having issues. Phone freezing. Doing reset frequently. The flagship iPhone available when the s8 was top notch is the iPhone 7 which is crazy fluid. I've had people around me use both. I'm a core Android fan cos I hate restrictions. I torrent on my phone. I have a 128gb memory card with loads of movies and series I watch and can easily send with a basic USB cable but when I'm buying a flagship phone this year, it'll most likely be an iPhone. I am beginning to hate the clunkiness of Android

What materials are you talking about? Don't forget Samsung produced the OLED screen for the iPhone X.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by SouthWestBlood(m): 2:51am On Jan 19, 2019
mbourie:

Point of correction any phone on planet earth can hang....be it IPhone, Samsung Huawei et al, the fact that your roomies S8 hang doesn't mean all S8 hang, the phone might have developed issue like motherboard, I have blokes around me who have their IOS - iPhone 7 - hanging at intervals.

My S7 edge don't hang and if peeps like me only exist on planet earth by now IOS would have gone moribund. But thank God everyone has different taste.

PS: The day android will develop or incorporate Imessage and FaceTime into their own ecosystem just like BBM the world would kiss apple/iPhone good bye. Just thinking out Loud.

Google is already doing that. It will replace the regular sms app. That's why they stopped dishing out updates for Allo. I think Allo has been discontinued.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by SouthWestBlood(m): 2:55am On Jan 19, 2019
Resener27:

Lol Mimi. Keep deceiving yourself. All of una wey fit afford iphone go Dey console una self. Receive sense. USA won’t allow iphone Go like the blackberry way. iphone is the best, others follow

Some of you just speak out of Ignorance and low self-esteem. I use Samsung S9 plus. Tell me how I can't afford an iPhone? angry

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 6:15am On Jan 19, 2019
SouthWestBlood:

Some of you just speak out of Ignorance and low self-esteem. I use Samsung S9 plus. Tell me how I can't afford an iPhone? angry
Then stop complaining about iPhone. You guys create topics everyday about iPhones, don’t you get tired?
Iphone users love it, Na android users Dey make noise or Na una money dem use buy d iphone?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:08am On Jan 19, 2019
Resener27:

Then stop complaining about iPhone. You guys create topics everyday about iPhones, don’t you get tired?
Iphone users love it, Na android users Dey make noise or Na una money dem use buy d iphone?

When did I create a thread about iPhone? I only mentioned you to stop being ignorant. The person who wrote the article did with his MacBook Pro. So it didn't even come from an Android user.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2019
SouthWestBlood:

When did I create a thread about iPhone? I only mentioned you to stop being ignorant. The person who wrote the article did with his MacBook Pro. So it didn't even come from an Android user.
Okay but don’t you think it doesn’t make sense when iphone thread is being made everyday. Sounds funny
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2019
Resener27:

Okay but don’t you think it doesn’t make sense when iphone thread is being made everyday. Sounds funny

Well, what if I told you I never noticed that? Who has time to be looking or creating iPhone threads...
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by kyng(m): 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2019
i love iphone haters go to hell cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Boyco: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Class , the only thing iPhone users use to console themselves in using an overpriced phone , take a look at the iphone x now that shook the world cuz of its different nd beautiful design , now xr, xs , xs max all look like it , same design , same camera placement( except the xr which uses one only one camera) ..same everything but different prices , before the xr was released apple said its going to b der midrange phone , meaning its going to b cheap , mind u yhe iphone xr 64gb is 290k , 128gb is 330k ..tell me how is this a midrange ...apple just be killing themselves because of greed and money ...imagine using the latest xs of 400k nd sm1 will tell u its normal x of 2 years ago , won't you feel some type of way, u have to start explaining that its the latest ur using ...samsung most expensive phone now is the note9 nd it sells for 270k/280k for the 512gb version , tell me why won't they have more customers...mind u , apple ain't the best in d camera sector anymore , mate20 pro, pixel 3 nd 3xl , note9 are all der .
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
IPhones are for class? Interesting, but you know what?

SO WHERE BLACKBERRY DEVICES!

Any Economics student understands the principles of diminishing returns which basically says that the longer a product remaims the same, the less profitable it is and eventually, not only would it be no longer profitable, it would start incurring losses.

It's high time the guys at Apple realize that they can't push out one design and it would sustain them for 10 years. Even 5 years is a long time to for a design to persist. With the current luxury of choice, users are becoming more and more impatient when it comes to getting something new or revolutionary. The sooner Apple acts on this reality, the better for the brand and the company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by frowland(m): 12:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Ugosample:

there is a difference between Toyota and Benz

no matter how toyota tries
its not a Benz

Never compare an asset with liability. Never compare an iPhone with a real estate. That's stupidity.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

lol... Its only in Nigeria that iPhone is used to show class Mr man, in the US, a bar tender uses an iPhone, don't be ignorant.
A bartender can buy an iPhone because she has a CREDIT card.
Most Americans remain in debt until they are dead.

When you see a Nigerian with a BMW, you know they "own" it, but an average American
may be paying for the same car for the next 5 years.

Tell me one good reason why a bartender will buy an "overrated" but expensive iPhone
when she could get a cheaper Android phone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by maxwell530(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
ivolt:

A bartender can buy an iPhone because she has a CREDIT card.
Most Americans remain in debt until they are dead.

When you see a Nigerian with a BMW, you know they "own" it, but an average American
may be paying for the same car for the next 5 years.

Tell me one good reason why a bartender will buy an "overrated" but expensive iPhone
when she could get a cheaper Android phone?
you are very funny o....so I'm more classy with my iPhone 6 than my neighbour using Samsung S8? Lol
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
maxwell530:
you are very funny o....so I'm more classy with my iPhone 6 than my neighbour using Samsung S8? Lol
When we talk about iPhone, most people already understood it to be the latest,
not one manufactured in 2010.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by tck2000(m): 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
beamtopola:

All nigerian celebrities are using iphone. Alll usa celebritiea are using iphone. I m working so hard to dump my samsung and get my own iphone. All the slay queen in nigeria are using iphone. Twitter on iphone is wey beyond twiter on andriod. There is joting like iphone. Only holding thr apple would make all the ladies fall at once. Nothing like iphone. Even haiwai twitter opperator uses iphone, samsung operator is not left out. Ask davido , he doesnt use infinix.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Nigeria Phone Number Looks Like A USA? / Get 5 Mb Daily From Mtn For 5 Naira / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.