Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,696 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change (28545 Views)

The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Apple’s Iphones / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? / How Apple Might Likely Change The PC Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Slazim: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
charlesm91:
a car can't be comparable with a phone who's life span is but for a short while. As evidenced, humans are more likely to change phones at a quicker rate than cars. Back to the point, the iPhone may ooze class but first its primary function is to make calls, browse and so people buy it cos of that also and because of the goodwill apple has built over the years. But as the op said, there's a limit to how far class can get you especially in this category we call mobile tech. By how much do you think apple can continually raise it price before the alarm bells start ringing? Which is already if you following the news.
Man is rational in nature and no matter how classy the iPhone is, the rationality in man will eventually kick in with respect to the ever increasing price especially given the competitions offerings. Also, if you say the iPhone isn't for everyone, then why is apple hell bent on penetrating the chinese and Indian market. Trust me, they want the slice of the pie xiaomi n co are enjoying.
Well said, it shows apple knows they have to lower the cost of their devices soon especially if they want to penetrate India, well maybe producing their would also help their sales.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by frowland(m): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

These are other low self-esteem properties.
Ferrari, Hummer, Cruise ship, private jet and a House in Banana island.
As a high self-esteem person, I hope you never wish to have any of the above.

Before you quote me, read again the reason I replied with 'low self esteem'. If you don't still get it, then come back and I will brush you up.
Comparing an iPhone user to someone living in Banana island is the most stupiid comparison I have ever heard.
I have seen an iPhone user living in self contain. Does that make him better or more classy? That's low self esteem right there.

3 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ucosuagwu(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:
Change to tekno or huawei?

All tech gadgets and even cars come with recycled features, any company claiming
otherwise is lying.

The biggest mistake apple will make is become a commodity for everyone.
People don't buy iphone because they want to make calls or browse, they buy
it to show class.

Lol maybe in Nigeria
Which class?
Even Janitors and Illiterates with no money buy it on contract and pay for months
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by frowland(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
ollah2:

Only a low esteemed person will compare luxurious cars or an expensive location to a mobile phone. You proved him right

I know someone living in a room and palour but owns an iPhoneX. If that isn't a classic case of low esteem then he need to tell what is.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ucosuagwu(m): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
LZAA:
Hate to bust your bubble but apple WILL never fold
Why?
Ur reasons are valid but u forget that sony after playstation 3 have been dishing out shitty games but are still ahead of xbox(microsoft)
Why?
Cuz of it's FANS
Back to topic iphone has more than enough FANS(add celebrity fans who ppl look up to and apple use for ad's)
So from a tech point of view,ur article is spot on but sadly ppl who are tech savvy that use iphones aren't up to 1%

The PlayStation 3 from Sony?? Oga this is a useless point. PS3 is a console and not a phone that new one comes out every damn year with slight changes...You said dishing out shitty games, OGA mind you, Sony doesn't make the video games but other companies just like the way apps are made for Android, iOS and all, so complain to the game companies, there are so many.

The PS3 was a very successful console and ran from 2006-2014 with 3 different versions, now the PS4 is out and it is doing just fine and better, now that is CHANGE....

The only change i've seen from Apple was iPhone 4 - iPhone 5..... iPhone 5 - iPhone 6 and then to X... In between 6 - X has all been the same thing with minimal changes. My brother uses an iPhone 6 and the phone still works so much fine and the camera is still very good.. no single change from Apple apart from new chip, slight camera, slight pixel density, slight resolution, slight battery change, Large price change......

Samsung has started to do the same rubbish with slight changes just like Galaxy S8 and S9... But everything that came out from the Galaxy S series was CHANGE apart from S8 - S9 which is just minimal change..... Let's look at what the have next for S10 this year....

5 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by jaxxy(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
I will only agree on the Xs and Xmax sales. iPhone isn’t competing the Huawei or xaomi or google. How can I explain it? It’s like comparing a plane to a rocket or spaceship.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
You complain Apple is having monopoly over their Os as the reason behind their fall and at same time praise Google for developing their own Os Fuschai

What an irony. Apple has so many patents and services that would keep them in game till next generation. Stop hating success

Is. That why they were ordered to pay over $400m to another company for Patent infringement yesterday?

Wake up lol
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Ufedolove: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

All tech gadgets and even cars come with recycled features, any company claiming
otherwise is lying.

it to show class.

Say Nigerians not people abeg.

Americans, their major market don't buy apple to show class but to use. Throw your mentality into the bin.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
jaxxy:
I will only agree on the Xs and Xmax sales. iPhone isn’t competing the Huawei or xaomi or google. How can I explain it? It’s like comparing a plane to a rocket or spaceship.

Lol you don't know much, do u?
If Xiaomi, Huawei, One plus etc can successfully enter the American market, they are going to be in trouble

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2019
Navy08:
Analysis good. Apple products are more secured. Reason why I some people like myself do them. I'm not a techy. Floor still open for debate.

A 14 yr(or thereabout) old hacked I Cloud and was in their servers for more than 1 year, they didn't even know.. He downloaded gigabytes worth of data without detection

Make what u want of this

Closest we have come to actual security is on blackberry
grin

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by bot101(m): 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

otherwise is lying.

it to show class.

Dey deceive yasef!! iPhone used to be the .most sold phone on earth. Unless your definition of class includes the majority of phone users in US and China. Kids use iPhone X these days.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
Grupo:
Apple is a U.S company. It will be hard for it to go out of business. America has the highest consumer market in the world and they love to patronize their own products. So, it is not possible for Apple to go the way of Blackberry.

That they have that high networth consumer market and Americans love for their products is The reason why they haven't gone the blackberry way... yet

But what happens when Americans wisen up? And know they can actually get all they used to love on Android OS?
Many tech reviewers are starting to encourage One Plus, Xiaomi etc. It's telling
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by jaxxy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

If Xiaomi, Huawei, One plus etc can successfully enter the American market, they are going to be in trouble

One plus is in the market it hasn’t done much has it? America isn’t that impoverished to be attracted to a Fone just cos it’s cheap like we do here with techno. Bt in anyacse it won’t happen. It’s like saying Rolls-Royce will stop selling cars because of toyota or Lexus.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by LZAA: 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
ucosuagwu:

The PlayStation 3 from Sony?? Oga this is a useless point. PS3 is a console and not a phone that new one comes out every damn year with slight changes...You said dishing out shitty games, OGA mind you, Sony doesn't make the video games but other companies just like the way apps are made for Android, iOS and all, so complain to the game companies, there are so many.

The PS3 was a very successful console and ran from 2006-2014 with 3 different versions, now the PS4 is out and it is doing just fine and better, now that is CHANGE....

The only change i've seen from Apple was iPhone 4 - iPhone 5..... iPhone 5 - iPhone 6 and then to X... In between 6 - X has all been the same thing with minimal changes. My brother uses an iPhone 6 and the phone still works so much fine and the camera is still very good.. no single change from Apple apart from new chip, slight camera, slight pixel density, slight resolution, slight battery change, Large price change......

Samsung has started to do the same rubbish with slight changes just like Galaxy S8 and S9... But everything that came out from the Galaxy S series was CHANGE apart from S8 - S9 which is just minimal change..... Let's look at what the have next for S10 this year....
Yet u miss the key point
Nintendo never made all its games yet sony overtook them
Two other ppl have said the same thing i just said
Iphone has too many customers for it to just fold up
U are writing from a tech point of view which is excellent but again most ppl who buy iphones are hardly buying it from a tech point of view
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Ufedolove: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

otherwise is lying.

it to show class.

Which class is there to show? Come on, those days are old now; behold, everything is new as kids use iPhones too. Don't generalize what you do. Americans predominantly use iPhones. So you mean all of them buy iPhones to show class to each other?

May sense fall on you
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
charlesm91:
a car can't be comparable with a phone who's life span is but for a short while.
That is not the point. Most parts in the latest samsung are recycled.
Just name any tech where the parts are made from new research.

As evidenced, humans are more likely to change phones at a quicker rate than cars.
It is not a question of likely, it is a question of affordability

Back to the point, the iPhone may ooze class but first its primary function is to make calls, browse and so people buy it cos of that also and because of the goodwill apple has built over the years.
Hope you are not claiming that iphone can't make call or browse because that would be laughable.
Goodwill?
What does that mean?
Nobody will buy a product because of goodwill(safe your family members).
People buy products because of what it can do for them. In the case of apple,
people buy their product because most people can't afford it and it delivers.

But as the op said, there's a limit to how far class can get you especially in this category we call mobile tech. By how much do you think apple can continually raise it price before the alarm bells start ringing? Which is already if you following the news.
The day apple decide to become tekno or even samsung, the iphone brand will die.
The people complaining about price have no business buying the iphone in the first place.
There are hundreds of cheap phones out there, why spend their months savings on a phone
they can't afford?

Man is rational in nature and no matter how classy the iPhone is, the rationality in man will eventually kick in with respect to the ever increasing price especially given the competitions offerings.
Iphone was never designed as a mass market product. If you think of Apple's competitors, the iphone
ws never designed for you. Steve Jobs did not create Apple to compete with others, it is a class on its
own.

There is no rationality in luxury. That is the idea behind it. Do you think anyone buys Gucci product
because no other company can produce the same quality?

Also, if you say the iPhone isn't for everyone, then why is apple hell bent on penetrating the chinese and Indian market. Trust me, they want the slice of the pie xiaomi n co are enjoying.

Because there are Chinese who can afford it and Apple is also veering from its founder's dream which
is about brand and not market.

Some ignorant shareholders are also pushing for more profit, the same thing that almost killed Apple and gets
Job's sacked in the beginning. The greatest mistake Tim Cook will make is pander to the board and starts
fighting for every cents with other brands which many analysts are also pushing for.

Blackberry died because it try to compete in the wrong market(mass market) where it doesn't belong.
It won't matter if an iPhone can fly or even print money if it ever becomes a public
commodity, it will die a painful death.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by twosquare(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

Don't mind him. He doesn't even know what competition is in the world of business. No company is too big to fail; history is there for facts check. It's not yet Apple's time. One thing about this life is that once it's your time, it's your time.

I just feel phone makers should slow down a bit, make good research and produce a good bí-annual phone rather than churning out regurgitated products masqueraded as improvements.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ucosuagwu(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
LZAA:

Yet u miss the key point
Nintendo never made all its games yet sony overtook them
Two other ppl have said the same thing i just said
Iphone has too many customers for it to just fold up
U are writing from a tech point of view which is excellent but again most ppl who buy iphones are hardly buying it from a tech point of view

Nintendo is still a pretty much big game in Asian countries. They failed to evolve just like Sony and Microsoft so they went down. The Wii U was a shitty console and made people to stick to PS/Xbox... They had fans that would do anything but when you don't bring change, my brother people would leave, the next generation would leave and that is what happened to Nintendo.. same with Blackberry and Nokia..... If Apple pretty much starts the release the same thing with slight change year after year, fans would leave my brother....

3 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Grupo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

That they have that high networth consumer market and Americans love for their products is The reason why they haven't gone the blackberry way... yet

But what happens when Americans wisen up? And know they can actually get all they used to love on Android OS?
Many tech reviewers are starting to encourage One Plus, Xiaomi etc. It's telling

I doubt America will ever wise up to the extent of stopping to buy trendy stuff. Those guys have this herd mentality and that makes them buy things because others are buying. They follow the crowd a lot.

All it takes for something to become a trend in America is just for one person to appear on a TV show and speak about that thing. Boom, the next day, all of them will start buying that thing.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
jaxxy:

One plus is in the market it hasn’t done much has it? America isn’t that impoverished to be attracted to a Fone just cos it’s cheap like we do here with techno. Bt in anyacse it won’t happen. It’s like saying Rolls-Royce will stop selling cars because of toyota or Lexus.

Just answer these questions

Why did they come out with cheaper versions of the iPhone X?
Why did they kill production of the iPhone X and then revive it?
Why are their sales slumping?
Why are they now the 3rd largest phone shipper and predicted to fall even further?

Let RR try and increase prices to $1m and see if Lexus, Benz and Ferrari won't be happy eat up their market share fast
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Grupo:

I doubt America will ever wise up to the extent of stopping to buy trendy stuff. Those guys have this herd mentality and that makes them buy things because others are buying. They follow the crowd a lot.

All it takes for something to become a trend in America is just for one person to appear on a TV show and speak about that thing. Boom, the next day, all of them will start buying that thing.

They will wisen up some day
All it takes is one apple mistake
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
beamtopola:

No bro, you are wrong. The usa population is about 300million and almost if not all of usa citizens used iphone.
Wrong.
The most popular phones(55%) in USA is android based not ios.
iOs come second and even at that most Americans are still using their iphone 6(bought through loan) which is to tell you
that apple's current profit is not being driven by metoo phone owners but by passionate brand lovers.

Only nigerian thinks like this.
Wrong again. There is no rational reason why anybody(American included) would buy
an expensive iphone other than prestige.
Do you think the average buyer cares whether it runs on qualcomm or intel?
They don't even know what it runs on. In any place where people buy iphone, the
primary reason is class every other reason is just to sound rational.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
bot101:

Dey deceive yasef!! iPhone used to be the .most sold phone on earth. Unless your definition of class includes the majority of phone users in US and China. Kids use iPhone X these days.
Stop lying. Kids that can't afford three square meals don't use phones at all let alone an iphone.
Rich kids not kids use iPhone x.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by LZAA: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
ucosuagwu:

Nintendo is still a pretty much big game in Asian countries. They failed to evolve just like Sony and Microsoft so they went down. The Wii U was a shitty console and made people to stick to PS/Xbox... They had fans that would do anything but when you don't bring change, my brother people would leave, the next generation would leave and that is what happened to Nintendo.. same with Blackberry and Nokia..... If Apple pretty much starts the release the same thing with slight change year after year, fans would leave my brother....
Barring any silly decisions from apple,the iphone will dominate for a long time
I feel u are writing this as someone here said from a naija point of view where we look for maximum value from lesser gadgets
In us and europe however,they care less and actually spend more for high end gadgets
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
marvin906:

dude no offense buh you sound dumb comparing an iPhone with those things
I am sorry that you are too dumb to understand my post.

Though they say "you can't fix stupid" but I will try in your case.
Why will anyone buy a Ferrari instead of Toyota corolla?

If you still don't understand, ask your friends to help you out.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by blazerinno(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
I can understand your thinking of Apple becoming BlackBerry but that ain't happening. I'll explain my own opinion. My next phone is going to be an iPhone around mid this year or thereabout.
Blackberry made a mess of themselves. Their OS was clunky. Few apps and no games during the mobile gaming Revolution and their phones sucked... Bad!!! Hardware wise, their phones were far behind with incessant hanging and all. What even kept them afloat was BBM and it was a wonder how a single app could do that.
Apple has more than an app going for them. The mobile market is becoming much more saturated and Apple is a premium brand. Them still seeking such high volumes speaks volumes. No brand is actually innovating right now because it has become exponentially difficult. What has Samsung done in the past three generations that's innovative. The S10 is rumoured to have the punch in hole for the front facing camera at the side calling it Infinity o display just like the new Huawei phone that just came out (forgive me as I can't remember the model right now). The best bezel less display is from Xiaomi and their idea of hiding the front idea is to create a flip phone on this generation. Who does that. Gimme a notch anyday anytime. Truth be said. Innovation in mobile phones have come to a halt right now. Only increase in efficiency and power of internal components can happen now and that's even difficult too as processors innovation is to move to 7nm right now and that's expensive. Apple's latest chip is manufactured on a 7nm process. Apple is still at the forefront of innovation to be honest. Their chips are still the fastest with the latest generations. Their materials are still premium and their cameras still natural and the best in my opinion. Pixel 3 and the other top Android cameras might be slightly better but at that level you'll get great pictures from any.
My current gripe with Android is how clunky it is. It is not as efficient as iOS to be honest. My roommate uses a Samsung s8. Powerful device but how will a flagship be hanging. His WhatsApp having issues. Phone freezing. Doing reset frequently. The flagship iPhone available when the s8 was top notch is the iPhone 7 which is crazy fluid. I've had people around me use both. I'm a core Android fan cos I hate restrictions. I torrent on my phone. I have a 128gb memory card with loads of movies and series I watch and can easily send with a basic USB cable but when I'm buying a flagship phone this year, it'll most likely be an iPhone. I am beginning to hate the clunkiness of Android

4 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by marvin906(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:
I am sorry that you are too dumb to understand my post.
Though they say "you can't fix stupid" but I will try in your case. Why will anyone buy a Ferrari instead of Toyota corolla?
If you still don't understand, ask your friends to help you out.

now i know your a confirmed fool..

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ufedolove:

Say Nigerians not people abeg.

Americans, their major market don't buy apple to show class but to use. Throw your mentality into the bin.
Wow, so you are a psychic who can read American's mind?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by bot101(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

Stop lying. Kids that can't afford three square meals don't use phones at all let alone an iphone.
Rich kids not kids use iPhone x.

Lol, poor man mentality. You think everywhere is like your sh*thole ba??

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
ollah2:

Google is developing Fushia for next generation of technology. It has nothing to do with Apple. Secondly, if those patents and services are as great as you made it look Apple wouldn't fall from 1st position to 4th position in Forbes list of richest companies.

Relax and take a deep breathe
bro we both know that Trump trade war is hurting almost every USA company. It slowed sales in China and that was what made their value drop

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Slazim:

Fuschia is coming in only cos android as it is was originally designed for cameras so they felt the need to develop a proper mobile phone os.
Fuschai is coming because Android has been polarised and Google no longer has control over it. Android as it is has a Chinese version. Fuschai is Google answer to their failing hardware adventures. They believe it would help them have a grip tight on their devices just like Apple. That alone should tell you Google has a thing or two to learn from Apple

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Increases Price Of Whatsapp, Facebook, 2go Goodybag Bundles / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.