Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change (28563 Views)

The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Apple’s Iphones / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? / How Apple Might Likely Change The PC Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Resener27:

Mumu S6edge uk used is 90k. Stop lying
I’m using iphone 8 plus i bought 280k then. Now go to hell. I didn’t persuade anyone to buy iphone, it’s y’all sounding pained that people are using iphone

Like I said you ne'er-do-well, I used the phone for a year plus and gave it out recently, does that mean I bought the phone recently? Are you okay young lad? To read is now an albatross again?

2 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
lol. Apple would only pay that money because it lost the court battle against a smaller USA company and that money is nothing to the pool of cash reserves they have. Just so you know, Apple reserve cash can bail Nigeria out many times over and believe me, with that kind of money, they can buy up lots of companies and ideas that will drastically change the fortune of the company

They lost over $200b in the last few months
They have had to cut production on their flagship phones due to reduced demand
They have just cut over 50,000 jobs between yesterday and Today

If you can't deduce anything from it, then I'm sorry... I can't help you
They're in trouble and they better invent something reasonable fast!
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hustla(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
glad you know China are responding accordingly. Some Chinese companies went as far as banning Apple devices in their premises and even promised to refund their staff whatever they spent buying Apple products.

The war is affecting Chinese market and companies such much that Huawei chairman had to speak to foreign press for the first time in four years and went on praise rampage towards Trump. With the rate Huawei is expanding, they would have overtaken Samsung in smartphone market in the next four years max. Their partnership with T-Mobile would have given them a foothold in USA market. So everyone is feeling the heat

Lol Huawei will over take Samsung this year or max next year
Samsung and Apple are in for tough times unless they'll put their foot to the pedal. The S10 will help Samsung though
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Resener27:

It cant happen. Apple isn’t stagnant as well. Apple is miles ahead of others. You’ll should stop being emotional and they didn’t force any mofo to buy it. Stick to your huawei and stop creating stupid threads/mentions about iphone because we the lovers would never stop using it

Young lad, where in my post did I say I was using Huawei? Who did this to you boy? Mull over my aforesaid statement dude! Read boy...read...up lad. Even the Huawei you mentioned is no more smiling in the international scene and TechWorld.....
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

Samsung and Apple are in for tough times unless they'll put their foot to the pedal. The S10 will help Samsung though

Huawei they vex seriously......But Samsung will always fight with their last drop of blood just to be first amongst equals.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
mbourie:

Young lad, where in my post did I say I was using Huawei? Who did this to you boy? Mull over my aforesaid statement dude! Read boy...read...up lad. Even the Huawei you mentioned is no more smiling in the international scene and TechWorld.....
Which phone are you using my boy?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by hero2000: 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
Grupo:
Apple is a U.S company. It will be hard for it to go out of business. America has the highest consumer market in the world and they love to patronize their own products. So, it is not possible for Apple to go the way of Blackberry.

Where are Ford and GM and Buick beside Toyota and Honda in market share? If they sit up anything is possible.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Chiefkester: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
its time to do things differently... d scheme of inxreasing price to show its premium is bouncing back harshly which means staffs are being sacked. thus the wanting of apple to move to india which means a cheap iphone is out on the way. i wish i had a youtube channel to pull facts together. No matter how much you put in to products hav der commanding power.
when pricing goes wrong booom, u begin to look weak...this is the case with apple and even its with its midrange where it starts at a ridiculus pricing which has to do with memory offering!
the lesson on here is you can never stay on top all the time and offer competitive serivces at all levels.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by CarGuide: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

They lost over $200b in the last few months
They have had to cut production on their flagship phones due to reduced demand
They have just cut over 50,000 jobs between yesterday and Today

If you can't deduce anything from it, then I'm sorry... I can't help you
They're in trouble and they better invent something reasonable fast!
lost in value not in cash. About cutting production of their flagship phones, even Samsung is doing same. When was the last time something wowed you in phones
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

about that, it would take longer time especially with the ban in place. USA might extend it to their allies
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by dmbaiseboy(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Funny enough, their camera has never been d best...they only deceive people with high screen resolution, their camera can never be compared to d likes of HTC, Samsung, Sony, name it...
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
The beginning of their downfall is them releasing different types of phones every year. That one concern them sha, I'm still waiting for iphone7 to become 70k.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by piamily(f): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
Apple iPhones are officially going to end up like blackberry soon. If you follow this blog, a couple of weeks ago I made a post about Apple losing about $57b , if you missed that post you can find it here - Apple Loses $57b .

This week I'm going to be closely analysing how Apple's iPhone downfall is just starting and how they might end up like BlackBerry if they don't start being innovative.

Apple enjoys the position it has currently based on the fact that in 2006 when the first iPhone was launched there wasn't any strong competitor and also due to the fact they have total control over their operating system something Google plans to have with the release of Fuschia OS.

Apple iPhones Coming With Recycled Features

Starting from the iPhone 7 to the the current iPhone XS Max , Apple has not added anything substantial to their devices apart from removing the headphone jack and adding a notch. All Apple does is change the processor and flip the cameras. Take a look at the image below and see if you can actually guess the phones in the image -

Then take a look at this second image with the names of the phones below them.

Also like every year a couple of leaks about how Apple's new phone - The iPhone XI would look have also surfaced and here are the most popular ones so far

Still in the flipping camera business eh?

It's one thing to recycle designs and features and a totally different thing to make them exorbitant. Make a quick Google search to compare the cost of upgrading from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS Max considering the only difference is that the devices.

Apple iPhones Are No Longer For Consumers

Apple has stopped developing phones for the users, all they are after is the money. Even Tim Cook confessed at some point last year that they were slowing older iPhones down. They want to force iOS users to upgrade so they can make more money.

I get the fact that every brand is out to make money but don't force your users to do something they don't want to and still extort them on top.

Why do users have to buy the fast charging cable differently, buy the Airpods differently and also buy the wireless charger differently?

By the time you calculate how much users have to spend to get the most out of their device , you can use it to get a very good laptop, a brand new Android Phone and a smart watch coupled with a wireless headset.

I'll be honest, Apple truly has added a lot in the world of mobile technology as we know it but they are really running out of ideas and if they refuse to start innovating they will lose out. Blackberry felt nobody could oust them from the mobile scene and we all know where that got them. Nokia too.

Take a look at this chart showing the market share of the top smartphone brands in the world

If you look closely , you can see how Apple shipments dropped in the second quarter of 2018.

You can't even say Apple has the best camera in the world right now. The Google Pixel 3 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro has even pushed it further down the chart. I know some people might say that the pricing is because Apple is a Premium company so they have to make premium products. Vertu was a premium brand too before they went off the grid completely.

It's obvious everything is moving too fast and Apple can't seem to keep up anymore . Also due to their current problem with Qualcomm , Apple is even looking to partner with Mediatek to be able to add 5G to their devices

With devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 coming with mind blowing specifications for just $150 (N60,000) and flagship devices from Huawei , Oppo and Vivo coming at a lesser price than the Apple devices, Apple should definitely sit up or they'll lose out on the mobile sector they have dominated for so long.

I know a couple of people might say I'm an Android Fan that's why I'm saying all of this but trust me I have nothing against Apple. This post was even written from an Apple Macbook.

All I'm trying to say is Apple should make the upgrade worth the price, if they can't they can chose to release phones once in two years , at least none of us would complain about their camera flipping antics.

I know many Nigerian iPhone users probably won't mind if Apple keeps extorting them because most of them only buy it to convince themselves they have some sort of class. Some of them don't even know what Airdrop does or that they can text another iPhone user on iMessage and some others play music via Xender and Opera Mini.

Apple should do what's expected as soon as possible or win a ticket to oblivion

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/apple-iphones-will-end-up-like-blackberry.html

that's why it's apple. it's not for you neither is it for everyone. it's for the rich☺
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by dmbaiseboy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
piamily:

that's why it's apple. it's not for you neither is it for everyone. it's for the rich☺
Whine yourself.....they have nothing new to offer...yet they release twice in a year... With low demands... Please, uncle please....
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
Grupo:
Apple is a U.S company. It will be hard for it to go out of business. America has the highest consumer market in the world and they love to patronize their own products. So, it is not possible for Apple to go the way of Blackberry.
So because you think America has the highest consumer of iPhone, that gives Apple the edge, anyway I hate to break it to you but America will not remain the world power for ever, another country will take over them soon, just like they took over Britain. Same goes to iPhone , nothing last forever.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
frowland:

Haha, class my asz. Talk of low self esteem.
As in eh, I can't believe a phone makes someone look classy, some people really need to work on their self esteem, I know men that use Nokia torch but the class they reek is out of the world. I keep saying it, the only reason why I will buy iPhone in the future is cause I'm a picture lover, I love to take good pictures, that's all.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
VictorRomanov:

iPhone don full everywhere ooo. London used, USA used, China used, it is everywhere. So it is gradually becoming a commodity.
I was shocked when he said iPhone is not for everyone, if I bring out my mind to buy iPhone now, iphone6 is 70k London used, same range with techno phones.

2 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
LZAA:
Hate to bust your bubble but apple WILL never fold
Why?
Ur reasons are valid but u forget that sony after playstation 3 have been dishing out shitty games but are still ahead of xbox(microsoft)
Why?
Cuz of it's FANS
Back to topic iphone has more than enough FANS(add celebrity fans who ppl look up to and apple use for ad's)
So from a tech point of view,ur article is spot on but sadly ppl who are tech savvy that use iphones aren't up to 1%
The reason why iPhone could garner such fans was cause they don't always churn out phones every now and then like techno and infinix, they release a phone or two in a year or in two years.

Now in a year, they are already churning out up to 5 overpriced piece of shite with closely related spec, At a point, people will be tired, you don't expect them to buy phone of 500k and also the next few months, you churn out the one of 800k when they barely used the one of 500k and believe me you, people love to use the latest, to stay at the very top. IPhone X is now almost useless cause of the new ones that they churned out of recent.

NB: I'm an Economist, so I know how the consumer market works.

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:
I was shocked when he said iPhone is not for everyone, if I bring out my mind to buy iPhone now, iphone6 is 70k London used, same range with techno phones.

Abi 60-65K.....with price negotiable....Every Tom, Dick and Harry can afford the "classic phone."
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

You discovered it is crap after your account balance took a hit.

Me:Why do you hate iphone?
You: I hate this new iphone because it looks like the last one.
Me: Is it faulty, slow or fail to perform
You: No
Me: If your purchase has nothing to do with class, why would you hate the phone
that still delivers what it promises?

lol... Its only in Nigeria that iPhone is used to show class Mr man, in the US, a bar tender uses an iPhone, don't be ignorant.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
piamily:

it's not for the rich, in developed countries, the average person owns an iphone
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Ufedolove: 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

Wow, so you are a psychic who can read American's mind?

Nah, I'm a reasonable person who talks with facts and figures not just some baseless and sentimental assumptions like someone we both know.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by VictorRomanov: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:

Na soo. Everyone is using iPhone. Gradually, the class that comes with it is gradually fading away.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by LZAA: 10:32pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:
The reason why iPhone could garner such fans was cause they don't always churn out phones every now and then like techno and infinix, they release a phone or two in a year or in two years.

Now in a year, they are already churning out up to 5 overpriced piece of shite with closely related spec, At a point, people will be tired, you don't expect them to buy phone of 500k and also the next few months, you churn out the one of 800k when they barely used the one of 500k and believe me you, people love to use the latest, to stay at the very top. IPhone X is not almost useless cause of the new ones that they churned out of recent.

NB: I'm an Economist, so I know how the consumer market works.
I agree on their mass producing but on them folding up
Nah its gonna take a while
Blackberry folded up cuz of whatsapp and dem agreeing to push bbm to android sets
Apple is more exclusive in that regard
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Ugosample(m): 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
frowland:

Haha, class my asz. Talk of low self esteem.
there is a difference between Toyota and Benz
no matter how toyota tries its not a Benz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Ugosample(m): 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:
So because you think America has the highest consumer of iPhone, that gives Apple the edge, anyway I hate to break it to you but America will not remain the world power for ever, another country will take over them soon, just like they took over Britain. Same goes to iPhone , nothing last forever.

No more world powers.

just strong and weak countries
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Grupo(m): 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valerie47:

Having the highest consumer market and being a world power are two different things

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by corpershun: 12:05am On Jan 19, 2019
One thing i know is that in the Nigerian market, iPhones have second hand value. Buy a samsung and a techno and an iPhone, come back to computer village to sell and you will understand the market. On the other hand Tim Cook should stop releasing new models every year; that wasnt Steve Jobs plan for the brand.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Olubidex: 12:09am On Jan 19, 2019
iPhone soldiers doing parade
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nastydroid(m): 1:08am On Jan 19, 2019
Don’t bring out your mind oh, bring out your atm or money tongue
Valerie47:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MTN Increases Price Of Whatsapp, Facebook, 2go Goodybag Bundles / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.