Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change (28531 Views)

The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Apple’s Iphones / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones? / How Apple Might Likely Change The PC Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ollah2: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
bro we both know that Trump trade war is hurting almost every USA company. It slowed sales in China and that was what made their value drop

One sided argument, what's Trump doing to Huawei presently?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
hustla:

Is. That why they were ordered to pay over $400m to another company for Patent infringement yesterday?

Wake up lol
lol. Apple would only pay that money because it lost the court battle against a smaller USA company and that money is nothing to the pool of cash reserves they have. Just so you know, Apple reserve cash can bail Nigeria out many times over and believe me, with that kind of money, they can buy up lots of companies and ideas that will drastically change the fortune of the company
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by marvin906(m): 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

Stop lying. Kids that can't afford three square meals don't use phones at all let alone an iphone.
Rich kids not kids use iPhone x.

what is this one saying..
do you live in Nigeria or wonderland..

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
ollah2:

One sided argument, what's Trump doing to Huawei presently?
glad you know China are responding accordingly. Some Chinese companies went as far as banning Apple devices in their premises and even promised to refund their staff whatever they spent buying Apple products.

The war is affecting Chinese market and companies such much that Huawei chairman had to speak to foreign press for the first time in four years and went on praise rampage towards Trump. With the rate Huawei is expanding, they would have overtaken Samsung in smartphone market in the next four years max. Their partnership with T-Mobile would have given them a foothold in USA market. So everyone is feeling the heat
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Lordflexy007(m): 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
Op... Just talk say you no fit afford iPhone lmao angry grin grin
Trash post undecided
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ollah2: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
blazerinno:
I can understand your thinking of Apple becoming BlackBerry but that ain't happening. I'll explain my own opinion. My next phone is going to be an iPhone around mid this year or thereabout.
Blackberry made a mess of themselves. Their OS was clunky. Few apps and no games during the mobile gaming Revolution and their phones sucked... Bad!!! Hardware wise, their phones were far behind with incessant hanging and all. What even kept them afloat was BBM and it was a wonder how a single app could do that.
Apple has more than an app going for them. The mobile market is becoming much more saturated and Apple is a premium brand. Them still seeking such high volumes speaks volumes. No brand is actually innovating right now because it has become exponentially difficult. What has Samsung done in the past three generations that's innovative. The S10 is rumoured to have the punch in hole for the front facing camera at the side calling it Infinity o display just like the new Huawei phone that just came out (forgive me as I can't remember the model right now). The best bezel less display is from Xiaomi and their idea of hiding the front idea is to create a flip phone on this generation. Who does that. Gimme a notch anyday anytime. Truth be said. Innovation in mobile phones have come to a halt right now. Only increase in efficiency and power of internal components can happen now and that's even difficult too as processors innovation is to move to 7nm right now and that's expensive. Apple's latest chip is manufactured on a 7nm process. Apple is still at the forefront of innovation to be honest. Their chips are still the fastest with the latest generations. Their materials are still premium and their cameras still natural and the best in my opinion. Pixel 3 and the other top Android cameras might be slightly better but at that level you'll get great pictures from any.
My current gripe with Android is how clunky it is. It is not as efficient as iOS to be honest. My roommate uses a Samsung s8. Powerful device but how will a flagship be hanging. His WhatsApp having issues. Phone freezing. Doing reset frequently. The flagship iPhone available when the s8 was top notch is the iPhone 7 which is crazy fluid. I've had people around me use both. I'm a core Android fan cos I hate restrictions. I torrent on my phone. I have a 128gb memory card with loads of movies and series I watch and can easily send with a basic USB cable but when I'm buying a flagship phone this year, it'll most likely be an iPhone. I am beginning to hate the clunkiness of Android

Every OS hangs, I have a friend that experiences issues with his iPhone X. Consistent rebooting and safari is a total mess. That's a phone that debutted same year with S8. Also, Pixel is the benchmark which should be used to judge Android OS.

Apple's chip is on 7nm process but you ignored that Huawei's kiirin is also on 7nm process. Apple's chip has trailed Qualcomm in GPU performance and sustained performance. Don't also forget how much it throttles

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
bot101:

Lol, poor man mentality. You think everywhere is like your sh*thole ba??
No. But don't you think it funny to talk about poor people since you are one of those begging apple to reduce its iPhone price?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ollah2: 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
glad you know China are responding accordingly. Some Chinese companies went as far as banning Apple devices in their premises and even promised to refund their staff whatever they spent buying Apple products.

The war is affecting Chinese market and companies such much that Huawei chairman had to speak to foreign press for the first time in four years and went on praise rampage towards Trump. With the rate Huawei is expanding, they would have overtaken Samsung in smartphone market in the next four years max. Their partnership with T-Mobile would have given them a foothold in USA market. So everyone is feeling the heat

If Trump and USA can use their veto powers and you don't see any problems with that, why are you having one with China?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ollah2: 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
michlins:
lol. Apple would only pay that money because it lost the court battle against a smaller USA company and that money is nothing to the pool of cash reserves they have. Just so you know, Apple reserve cash can bail Nigeria out many times over and believe me, with that kind of money, they can buy up lots of companies and ideas that will drastically change the fortune of the company

Doesn't change the fact that they stole were told to pay and will surely make the payment. It still doesn't change the fact that they now 4th placed thanks to their greediness and lack of innovative ideas
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by DJperdurabo: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:
Change to tekno or huawei?

All tech gadgets and even cars come with recycled features, any company claiming
otherwise is lying.

The biggest mistake apple will make is become a commodity for everyone.
[/b]People don't buy iphone because they want to make calls or browse(tekno or huawei can do that),
they buy it to show class.[b]

QED.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
Lordflexy007:
Op... Just talk say you no fit afford iPhone lmao angry grin grin
Trash post undecided

I can't afford an iPhone but I use a Macbook . Dumb response undecided

1 Like

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by grandstar(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
iPhones are different from blackberries.

Blackberry strength was that it was the first phone that came with a cost effective messaging system. WhatsApp however killed it with it's totally free and accessibility on all operating standards and not just one.

iPhone on the hand strength is that it's still a phone and it is bought because it's a powerful brand. I'd like to have an iPhone X and a Samsung S9 just to impress clients. That's why people really buy these phones.

iPhone I believe still has long staying power and fast growing India just like China in the past may provide a massive boost to iPhone sales
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by samuelchimmy(m): 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
I hate android for clunkiness, it's obvious that's why they have big rams... I like Android for freedom

I hate iPhone for stingyness and restrictions .. Those guys are damn stingy.... I like iPhone for swift and fast processing

If you doubt my analysis, try using whatsapp (heavy usage, with a lot of status views like 2k views and chats) you will understand... I think what Apple cuts in features, they make up in their everlasting processors... Patiently waiting for fuscha os.... It's a pain blackberry went away, the only problem I had with them was battery.... I so much loved blackberry notification.... I wish I could buy the company and innovate it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
grandstar:
iPhones are different from blackberries.

Blackberry strength was that it was the first phone that came with a cost effective messaging system. WhatsApp however killed it with it's totally free and accessibility on all operating standards and not just one.

iPhone on the hand strength is that it's still a phone and it is bought because it's a powerful brand. I'd like to have an iPhone X and a Samsung S9 just to impress clients. That's why people really buy these phones.

iPhone I believe still has long staying power and fast growing India just like China in the past may provide a massive boost to iPhone sales

Even Americans that use the phone mostly are even complaining . Take the premium factor off . They are becoming greedy
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by grandstar(m): 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Even Americans that use the phone mostly are even complaining . Take the premium factor off . They are becoming greedy

They've always been greedy

Apple believes in making fat margins on it's products.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

Wrong.
The most popular phones(55%) in USA is android based not ios.
iOs come second and even at that most Americans are still using their iphone 6(bought through loan) which is to tell you
that apple's current profit is not being driven by metoo phone owners but by passionate brand lovers.

Wrong again. There is no rational reason why anybody(American included) would buy
an expensive iphone other than prestige.
Do you think the average buyer cares whether it runs on qualcomm or intel?
They don't even know what it runs on. In any place where people buy iphone, the
primary reason is class every other reason is just to sound rational.

Google ya friend
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by InvertedHammer: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
/
Apple this, Samsung that, LG there...they are all made in China.

Who would have thought that Blackberry will go to extinction with the way end-users like Nigerians pursue latest technology? Too many models/upgrades is beginning to kill Apple products. Who would have thought that Apple will ever discount their phones?

How can you people spend so much time debating such a useless thing as phone?

/
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

Wrong.
The most popular phones(55%) in USA is android based not ios.
iOs come second and even at that most Americans are still using their iphone 6(bought through loan) which is to tell you
that apple's current profit is not being driven by metoo phone owners but by passionate brand lovers.

Wrong again. There is no rational reason why anybody(American included) would buy
an expensive iphone other than prestige.
Do you think the average buyer cares whether it runs on qualcomm or intel?
They don't even know what it runs on. In any place where people buy iphone, the
primary reason is class every other reason is just to sound rational.

You dont stay more than this people in these country

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:
Some of the comments on the thread originate from ignorance. The people saying apple product is for class don't even mind that apple is going down. Yes I used to be an iPhone user, I remember in 2014 here on Nairaland when I was team apple, I got into several arguments involving the iPhone but I grew up to see that it's overrated piece of hardware. It became clear when they released the 8 and X. They need to start spacing out releases and stop churning out crap every year. If you want to release a phone for the next generation, ensure you do so and maximize it's power to bring something new. We can't be in generation 7 and you release a generation 5 phone claiming it is generation 7 and just because your hardware has the apple logo we should all respect it and bow down to it. Tim Cook's time is up, they should bring someone fresh

You discovered it is crap after your account balance took a hit.

Me:Why do you hate iphone?
You: I hate this new iphone because it looks like the last one.
Me: Is it faulty, slow or fail to perform
You: No
Me: If your purchase has nothing to do with class, why would you hate the phone
that still delivers what it promises?
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
ollah2:

Doesn't change the fact that they stole were told to pay and will surely make the payment. It still doesn't change the fact that they now 4th placed thanks to their greediness and lack of innovative ideas
stole pay and buy the patent, what about it
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by ivolt: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
beamtopola:

You dont stay more than this people in these country

Let us look at percentages.
All that matters is that it adds up to a hundred.

The table you uploaded did not include percentage.
If Iphone 6 holds just 30% of the market and the others hold 70% it will
still be the most popular because other brands don't have
more than 30% but they dominate the market when combined.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by michlins(m): 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
ollah2:

If Trump and USA can use their veto powers and you don't see any problems with that, why are you having one with China?
you have comprehension problem sir. Read it again sir
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
blazerinno:
I can understand your thinking of Apple becoming BlackBerry but that ain't happening. I'll explain my own opinion. My next phone is going to be an iPhone around mid this year or thereabout.
Blackberry made a mess of themselves. Their OS was clunky. Few apps and no games during the mobile gaming Revolution and their phones sucked... Bad!!! Hardware wise, their phones were far behind with incessant hanging and all. What even kept them afloat was BBM and it was a wonder how a single app could do that.
Apple has more than an app going for them. The mobile market is becoming much more saturated and Apple is a premium brand. Them still seeking such high volumes speaks volumes. No brand is actually innovating right now because it has become exponentially difficult. What has Samsung done in the past three generations that's innovative. The S10 is rumoured to have the punch in hole for the front facing camera at the side calling it Infinity o display just like the new Huawei phone that just came out (forgive me as I can't remember the model right now). The best bezel less display is from Xiaomi and their idea of hiding the front idea is to create a flip phone on this generation. Who does that. Gimme a notch anyday anytime. Truth be said. Innovation in mobile phones have come to a halt right now. Only increase in efficiency and power of internal components can happen now and that's even difficult too as processors innovation is to move to 7nm right now and that's expensive. Apple's latest chip is manufactured on a 7nm process. Apple is still at the forefront of innovation to be honest. Their chips are still the fastest with the latest generations. Their materials are still premium and their cameras still natural and the best in my opinion. Pixel 3 and the other top Android cameras might be slightly better but at that level you'll get great pictures from any.
My current gripe with Android is how clunky it is. It is not as efficient as iOS to be honest. My roommate uses a Samsung s8. Powerful device but how will a flagship be hanging. His WhatsApp having issues. Phone freezing. Doing reset frequently. The flagship iPhone available when the s8 was top notch is the iPhone 7 which is crazy fluid. I've had people around me use both. I'm a core Android fan cos I hate restrictions. I torrent on my phone. I have a 128gb memory card with loads of movies and series I watch and can easily send with a basic USB cable but when I'm buying a flagship phone this year, it'll most likely be an iPhone. I am beginning to hate the clunkiness of Android

Point of correction any phone on planet earth can hang....be it IPhone, Samsung Huawei et al, the fact that your roomies S8 hang doesn't mean all S8 hang, the phone might have developed issue like motherboard, I have blokes around me who have their IOS - iPhone 7 - hanging at intervals.

My S7 edge don't hang and if peeps like me only exist on planet earth by now IOS would have gone moribund. But thank God everyone has different taste.

PS: The day android will develop or incorporate Imessage and FaceTime into their own ecosystem just like BBM the world would kiss apple/iPhone good bye. Just thinking out Loud.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by bot101(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
ivolt:

No. But don't you think it funny to talk about poor people since you are one of those begging apple to reduce its iPhone price?

Hahaha, I've never had interest in using an iPhone (boring IMO), but my type of job requires it, so keep deceiving yasef you here??
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
mbourie:

Point of correction any phone on planet earth can hang....be it IPhone, Samsung Huawei et al, the fact that your roomies S8 hang doesn't mean all S8 hang, the phone might have developed issue like motherboard, I have blokes around me who have their IOS - iPhone 7 - hanging at intervals.

My S7 edge don't hang and if peeps like me only exist on planet earth by now IOS would have gone moribund. But thank God everyone has different taste.

PS: The day android will develop or incorporate Imessage and FaceTime into their own ecosystem just like BBM the world would kiss apple/iPhone good bye. Just thinking out Loud.
You sound dumb. iMessage and FaceTime were made for iphone. So you insisting that the day android copies that is lame because people won’t go along with that since iphone is already using it. So tell Android to bring that own amessage and back time
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
Resener27:

You sound dumb. iMessage and FaceTime were made for iphone. So you insisting that the day android copies that is lame because people won’t go along with that since iphone is already using it. So tell Android to bring that own amessage and back time

Very funny....So you cannot pass a message without insult? No wonder you ne'er-do-well in life.....BBM was created for android right? You sound so stupid little boy....Android have theirs " google allo" and "google duo"....but we need it to put down iPhone just the way we did to BlackBerry.
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Resener27:

BBM was made for BlackBerry, we came incorporated the app into our ecosystem....people loved it, went along with it and that was how BlackBerry kissed canvas. Once we observed BlackBerry had gone moribund, we detested the BBM, now no body cares to download BBM app....

Apple should just watch it very soon they will handover her imessage and facetime to us - just the same way BlackBerry did.....Android we are always open to many apps - things!
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
mbourie:

Very funny....So you cannot pass a message without insult? No wonder you ne'er-do-well in life.....BBM was created for android right? You sound so "stewpid" little boy....Android have theirs " google allo" and "google duo"....but we need it to put down iPhone just the way we did to BlackBerry.
Lol Mimi. Keep deceiving yourself. All of una wey fit afford iphone go Dey console una self. Receive sense. USA won’t allow iphone Go like the blackberry way. iphone is the best, others follow
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by mbourie(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Resener27:

Lol Mimi. Keep deceiving yourself. All of una wey fit afford iphone go Dey console una self. Receive sense. USA won’t allow iphone Go like the blackberry way. iphone is the best, others follow

Lazarus son, how much is iPhone sef 4 crying out loud? My S6 edge plus I gave out recently cost 177k when I bought it....what's so special about affording iPhone young man
......you want to oppress peeps here because of your refurbished iPhone 6s ur household contributed to put a smile on your face?

3 Likes

Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
mbourie:

BBM was made for BlackBerry, we came incorporated the app into our ecosystem....people loved it, went along with it and we that was how BlackBerry kissed canvas. Once we observed BlackBerry had gone moribund, we detested the BBM, now no body cares to download BBM app....

Apple should just watch it very soon they will handover her imessage and facetime to us - just the same way BlackBerry did.....Android we are always open to many apps - things!

It cant happen. Apple isn’t stagnant as well. Apple is miles ahead of others. You’ll should stop being emotional and they didn’t force any mofo to buy it. Stick to your huawei and stop creating stupid threads/mentions about iphone because we the lovers would never stop using it
Re: How Apple Iphones Might End Up Like Blackberry If They Don't Change by Resener27(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
mbourie:

Lazarus son, how much is iPhone sef 4 crying out loud? My S6 edge plus I gave out recently cost 177k when I bought it....what's so special about affording iPhone young man
......you want to oppress peeps here because of your refurbished iPhone 6s ur household contributed to put a smile on your face?
Mumu S6edge uk used is 90k. Stop lying
I’m using iphone 8 plus i bought 280k then. Now go to hell. I didn’t persuade anyone to buy iphone, it’s y’all sounding pained that people are using iphone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' / What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? / MTN Increases Price Of Whatsapp, Facebook, 2go Goodybag Bundles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.