Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (52935 Views)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Debate, Apologizes To Candidates / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by DedeNkem: 11:13pm On Jan 19, 2019
Idrisayuba8:
Atiku is a thief and He can't be trusted

Both PDP and APC are filled with thieves! Vote for Sowore of AAC if you want real positive Change!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Leapman(m): 11:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
Useless candidate
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Miebaka22(m): 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
The looting machine just squandered a noble opportunity to tell the nation why he should be voted for

Here he is comparing himself to the sitting president whose style of leadership Nigerians are already familiar with

So now Nigerians are familiar with buhari's style of leadership and was never familiar with that of Jonathan , just keep deceiving your self. Suffer is in your DNA
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by hakyma(m): 12:24am On Jan 20, 2019
adelaja70:

THE ONE BUHARI ATTENDED IN 2015,DID JONATHAN ATTEND?
Is that a justification for him not to attend the debate?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SURElee(f): 12:51am On Jan 20, 2019
This is supposed to be a debate to tell Nigerians what you stand to do for them if voted as President not to tackle Buhari. This atikulated man just vex me sef. So the other presidential candidates who carried on without them are fools abi? Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by quickly: 1:17am On Jan 20, 2019
SURElee:
This is supposed to be a debate to tell Nigerians what you stand to do for them if voted as President not to tackle Buhari. This atikulated man just vex me sef. So the other presidential candidates who carried on without them are fools abi? Nonsense!

The two most corrupt people are the front drummers in the election.

If Nigerians has a high iq they will vote for someone other than Buhari or Atiku.

But trust naija - they will vote for the most useless person and continue to lament

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by BluntBoy(m): 1:54am On Jan 20, 2019
neyobills:

That's not been unreliable but been patriotic,I would have done exactly the same thing,if the incumbent refuses to attend for any reason whatsoever is taking his fellow countrymen for a ride and a joke taken too far

But Buhari attended in 2011 even while GEJ was absent.

Atiku has no excuse.

Since he was there, he should have debated.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by AnanseK(m): 3:15am On Jan 20, 2019
ciggy000:

What is good for the goose is equally good for the gander buhari should come and debate

Is it Buhari who will vote for Atiku? He should have addressed us, the voters to tell us the plans he has for the country.

He really messed up due to pride. How does his tantrum affect Buhari ?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by em28: 3:22am On Jan 20, 2019
LordAdam16:
He traveled to the US (which some numbskulls said was impossible)...

He spent two days meeting with US Congressmen, the US Chamber of Commerce, and the Nigerian American community.

What's the Congress man's name?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nature8(m): 3:27am On Jan 20, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

Nice one sir
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by dokunbam(m): 4:40am On Jan 20, 2019
At least I am sure our treasury is safe with Buhari

Atifku has nothing to offer
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by dokunbam(m): 4:44am On Jan 20, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Guy, relax....take am easy....
How on earth will you vote for atiku who in his 1999-2007 reign as v.p achieved nothing other than LOOTING and fighting his principal and to think d@ you're supporting pdp d@ put diz nation in the deep mess its in today leaves much to be desired.......
During buhari.... THERE IS TRADERMONI,NPOWER, RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION , ENFORCED AGRIC INVESTMENT..... in addition to fighting corruption ....though d economy is a lil bit harsh(I believe its readjusting due to enforced local production which is good in the long run) but its getting better.....
Most of you guys against buhari but supporting atiku ARE THE REAL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA after all the sanity hes trying to bring to the nation......
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by neyobills: 6:30am On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

But Buhari attended in 2011 even while GEJ was absent.

Atiku has no excuse.

Since he was there, he should have debated.

Atiku has no excuse but Buhari who is the incumbent has an excuse right, how convenient,your double standards is out of this world.

However Atiku has challenged the incumbent to pick a date,time and venue convenient and I hope u he will be honourable enough to accept the challenge.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by kotv: 6:37am On Jan 20, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

Whoever advised him on this is not sane. He or she misles him. Noone is expecting much from Buhari. We all know he's not smart nor does he have any idea how to move it forward. Nigerians didn't care about Buhari because he cannot get lower than he is right now in our eyes, he's already hit rock bottom. We needed you to prove your a better candidate with actual good policy and the intelligence to lead this country. The chance you had to do that you skipped because of a lifeless person. You already started off in the same shoe as Buhari. That's sad.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by akin9ja78(m): 7:43am On Jan 20, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
Will you even be allowed to ask other candidates questions during the debate?
What a useless reason .
I trust fl@thead ipobians to start jubilation because of this flimsy excuse .
This bastard is an opposition and he’s displaying so much pride .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
It shall not be well with you Atiku and anyone supporting you .
Next level is certain

You be riffraf. Who buy phone for you?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SEONaijaExpert: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Houstency:

Still did not make sense, and who told Atiku with jetlag more pronounced for his age, after about 13hrs journey from the U.S.A doesn't have other engagements? He has another debate to attend to with Kadaria and he would state his own plan as well. The major debate was the one organised by BON, all excuses by you are not tenable for discerning mind. It's a pity both major contenders are taking us for a ride and more painful they have sycophants online readily available, to defend the indefensible. You know the truth from your write-ups, no need we both wasting our time. What differentiate a sane individual, is knowing when to put to stop to fanatical following and outright madness!
I absolutely think what's worse is having a presidential candidate at the venue of the debate but decline to participate because a candidate was absent. That's my stand actually

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by ihatesycophant(m): 8:01am On Jan 20, 2019
Is the debate all about Buhari or what. This just depict their main strategy at the Dubai, just to demarket The person of Buhari not what they want to do for the country.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:07am On Jan 20, 2019
Miebaka22:
So now Nigerians are familiar with buhari's style of leadership and was never familiar with that of Jonathan , just keep deceiving your self. Suffer is in your DNA
Bro, you can say whatever you like but do not mention 'suffering' because I'm having the most unbelievably fulfilled years of my life.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Adaviv443: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2019
Confirm prove

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by calberian: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2019
Igbokid:

See this zombie. Get your flat...headed skull outta Atiku's ass.
Atiku wan use Bubu shine.. fear catch the idiot when he realised he would be the punching bag in the absence of Bubu.
Where are the Buhari must debate hypocrites grin cheesy

If Atiku will be a punching bag, I'm trying hard not to think of what Buhari will be.

In any case, the question is this:

If there's a consensus, as there seems to be one, that both Atiku and Buhari will at least be punching bags, why are they still being considered at all?

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by XTHRONE(m): 10:07am On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=Ganamustgo post=74924620]

How??[/quote
Just avoid him, if you are not the one.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by XTHRONE(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2019
Ganamustgo:

How??
Are you the owner of that number, if you are not be cautious of him in any business don't ask me how. If you the owner of the number your cup go soon full
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by BluntBoy(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2019
neyobills:

Atiku has no excuse but Buhari who is the incumbent has an excuse right, how convenient,your double standards is out of this world.

However Atiku has challenged the incumbent to pick a date,time and venue convenient and I hope u he will be honourable enough to accept the challenge.

I am not saying Buhari had an excuse. You people should always try and read well. Buhari has become a god to you people that his presence and his decisions influence Atiku's presence and decisions.

Atiku got there. What stopped him from making the best of it? It would be a different issue if he had not gone at all.

But to get there and decide to leave simply because the incumbent is absent is akin to leaving an examinations hall simply because the person you are contesting the first position with is absent.

However for the wise ones like us, we already knew long ago that Atiku would not attend any debate. He is nothing but chestbeater like many of his supporters. The old thief has nothing to offer. He wants to use Buhari to shine because as yet he is not saddled with any responsibility. Seeing that Buhari was absent, he knew he would be exposed by the other candidates because they are not in government like him and are thus not culpable.

The likes of Ezekwesili and Moghalu would have used Atiku to wipe the floor.

At least, Buhari attended a debate in the absence of the incumbent in 2011. Atiku too should have just attended the debate since he was already at the venue.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Igbokid: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2019
calberian:

If Atiku will be a punching bag, I'm trying hard not to think of what Buhari will be.

In any case, the question is this:

If there's a consensus, as there seems to be one, that both Atiku and Buhari will at least be punching bags, why are they still being considered at all

Because our mumu never do

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by naijanaso: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Guy, relax....take am easy....
How on earth will you vote for atiku who in his 1999-2007 reign as v.p achieved nothing other than LOOTING and fighting his principal and to think d@ you're supporting pdp d@ put diz nation in the deep mess its in today leaves much to be desired.......
During buhari.... THERE IS TRADERMONI,NPOWER, RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION , ENFORCED AGRIC INVESTMENT..... in addition to fighting corruption ....though d economy is a lil bit harsh(I believe its readjusting due to enforced local production which is good in the long run) but its getting better.....
Most of you guys against buhari but supporting atiku ARE THE REAL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA after all the sanity hes trying to bring to the nation......

My dear, the problem is that we believe Buhari so much that we fail to see or notice his ills and incompetence. Thank God you know the economy is skewed. Anyways, our collective prayer is for a better, safe and prosperous Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Festus Keyamo Was Fighting For Peter Obi (Throwback) / All Smiles! Buhari And Osinbajo Step Out In White Outfits. Photos / Ayo Fayose On Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.