Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (52944 Views)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Debate, Apologizes To Candidates / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by zoedew: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
Moghalu has the day at the Presidential Debates! Ezekwesili almost clinched it.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Zakzakky82(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

It's alright jare. We are with you.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ivoryd1: 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
naijanaso:

The curse is already making you think from your anus, you smelly shit dumb ass. You think every Nigerian will be cowed like you to accept the worst incompetent, lifeless, old fashioned brouhaha as president of this nation? Go and receive sense because it is not well with you at all right now.

Guy, relax....take am easy....
How on earth will you vote for atiku who in his 1999-2007 reign as v.p achieved nothing other than LOOTING and fighting his principal and to think d@ you're supporting pdp d@ put diz nation in the deep mess its in today leaves much to be desired.......
During buhari.... THERE IS TRADERMONI,NPOWER, RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION , ENFORCED AGRIC INVESTMENT..... in addition to fighting corruption ....though d economy is a lil bit harsh(I believe its readjusting due to enforced local production which is good in the long run) but its getting better.....
Most of you guys against buhari but supporting atiku ARE THE REAL ENEMIES OF NIGERIA after all the sanity hes trying to bring to the nation......

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Daeylar(f): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
id911:
I told you guys Atiku was at the debate venue and was about entering when we heard that Buhari has refused to come. Buhari is who we want to be in the podium with because he's our main opponent.

Why do you speak as though you are one of Atiku's aides? And was with him when the decision was made to opt out of the debate?

Buhari can't behave as if his Father is the owner of Nigeria and we continue to look the other way because we ain't all stupid

Buhari should choose time and venue that he is comfortable with to debate with Atiku and we will be there live. Any day or time he chooses, we are ready
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
Kai this Timi beautiful song means nothing to most Nigerians ears,

If na better country, the song will inspire the entire citizens.

Naija no sabi better thing at all
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by luluosas(m): 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
But, come ooooooo, why should Atiku declined to debate because of Buhari's absent? Was Atiku the one to moderate the questions for Buhari?
What a cheap excuse to opt out of the debate. Atiku would have simply participated in order to sell his candidacy to viewers and Nigerians, but no, he chickened out.
Atiku, you fall my hand as my former employer
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by luluosas(m): 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
You see, and Atiku chickened out
zoedew:
Moghalu has the day at the Presidential Debates! Ezekwesili almost clinched it.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2019
If the 2019 election is to go by this debate, Prof. Moghalu won it.

The man is too sweet but with the level of our social, psychological, intellectual and humanly development, we are not ready for such man.

We will still continue to wallow in the challenges we find ourselves for a long time.

May God Almighty continue bless our hustle.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Mcy56(f): 9:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Sir Atiku, this excuse is too lame and unacceptable! undecided
Is the debate about Buhari or Nigerians? Why didnt he use the opportunity of PMB's absence to market himself the more?
Clearly, he's got nothing to offer and its disheartening to read some comments in support of this flimsy excuse from the so called youths who ought to know better.
The fate and future of Nigeria is now in God's hands. Let's not stop praying. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
Am not voting for atiku or either buhari they are both dullard ...nothing to offer atiku shot is self in the leg for not attending this debate intact he lost my vote too nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Houstency(m): 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 19, 2019
3kay945:
If the 2019 election is to go by this debate, Prof. Moghalu won it.

The man is too sweet but with the level of our social, psychological, intellectual and humanly development, we are not ready for such man.

We will still continue to wallow in the challenges we find ourselves for a long time.

May God Almighty continue bless our hustle.

Bro little drop of water makes a mighty ocean let Vote for Kingsley moghalu.... Ypp candidate
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by xelly: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Brother..... Buhari has tried to some extent...some of his policies are working...I'm a living witness to some policies of his administration d@ has catapulted me to greater heights....it depends from which angle we're looking @ it, to some its great, while to some its horrible ....different stroke for different folks....but in all he has done many things d@ are unprecedented (railway, npower, agric loan, tradermoni, 2nd niger bridge, agric product e.g rice etc...are some of these not the policies we yearn for.....come on nigerians, let's face the fact....THE FOOLISH ATIKU DAT WAS THERE 1999-2007 WHAT DID HE ACHIEVE OTHER THAN LOOTING.... so brother lets not fight for this guy a that dont care about us.....I'm just saying the bare fact.....one love bro

You said you have benefited in Buhari's policy. You mentioned Railway, N-Power, Agric loan etc. If you had lost your relation to Fulani Herdsmen, I am sure you will know the difference btw a failure and the stuff you mentioned. Under Buhari, I applied for loan which I got selected and the story ended after a dummy cheque was issued and Nigerians informed that we were given loan but we never got a dime.

Buhari is a disaster, he can't tell Nigerians what he can do and how he planned doing them. The npower you talked about, is that good for a nation? Be sincere
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by danjaD(m): 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
cnnamoko:
Lol.

Smart man. First showed up to show his seriousness. Could not find the hit man to bring down.

Leaves. Because other candidates ll use him for eba since he is the next hit man

Check my siggy for business templates and software
. Hahahah very hilarious assessment. Guy u funny!
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by hotplate: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
is like some people need to cheek the meaning of a debate? for crying out loud its a debate and not a presentation, putting that in mind of what relevance is a debate without an opponent? to be realistic you would agree that this election is solely BTW Atiku and Buhari, so one failed to show up there was no point for the other to debate.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
Time to decide ....PDP and APC have no business in government plss let vote Kingsley moghalu as president ...atiku has no plan for is promise which make dem fake just as how buhari deceive us in past election .....let vote Kingsley moghalu the man finish work today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SaiAtikuTill203: 10:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
In the course of the next few weeks, so many natural and supernatural factors will all combine to demarket Buhari nationally and internationally, with Atiku bountifully reaping from it.
It is the way God works sometimes. When He speaks, never doubt it even if present circumstances suggest otherwise.
God has rejected Buhari for his many sins and blood of innocent souls slaughtered by herdsmen, his divisive nature and open vindictiveness against some regions, his arrogance and that of his spokespersons.
Atiku will be the president-elect come February ending. And this shall come to pass. May His will be done (Amen).The truth is non of the youth contesting has political structure all over the country they are spoilers.
It's better we channel our energy to atiku presidency whom we trust to carry us youths along till Nigeria is ripped for young presidency .
Meanwhile
Sai hurricane atiku
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
Jesse25:

Bro little drop of water makes a mighty ocean let Vote for Kingsley moghalu.... Ypp candidate

Did you see the insane crowd in the north yelling the dullard name?

cool
I like your determination.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by bdollarempire: 10:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
Please did anybody listen to Kingsley Moghalu speak at the presidential debate. Gosh I think there's a future for this nation. Can anyone see it?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by HADI854: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Atiku Abubakar
sit down there make you dey fool yourself
.Sai Buhari
Bleep the fucker
Na you(Buhari) get 2019 jare
Make we softly sit down for house dey watch Ars vs chel match jare
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Shikini: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
crownwealth:
Good decision
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Horlhamhi(f): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
HRtechnique:
Well... he should have continued with the debate.
The people are more important... The mandate is more important and bigger than Buhari.

Even if an ant was there to debate with you, you should have continued. It's disrespectful to ignore the presence of other candidates as well.

exactly my point!
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Proarc: 10:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
As if the ones that participated in the debate and gave good points and the way forward will be massively voted for.... Shior.

Alll na scam
Buhari sef na scam na y he no show face
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by murmee: 10:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
danla44:
No. Sir.

If truelly you think you are good for the position of the president, you would have participated. No right thinking Nigeria will buy this cheap excuses.
The excuse is not only cheap but also very SILLY!
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Afospecialk: 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
OEPHIUS:

Atiku Abubakar

Mad man Atiku is mad oooo

All your PDP agenda is to attack ?

PDP agenda for 2019 elections is to attack APC candidate?

Have yu forgotten that yu also spend 8 years in office with OBJ. ? You should have at least mentioned your 1 achievement for the 8 years you spent in office.

Atiku is worst than PMB

PMB till 2023
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by quickly: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
In all countries election candidates show up for debate regardless of the position.

For Buhari not to show up- is he saying he is better than the voters.

Nigerians love complaining but still vote for the people that spoiled their lives

I don't care the outcome im voting for Sowore
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by murmee: 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
RedboneSmith:
Oh this guy is smart, by god!

Without Buhari in the room, Atiku was going to look like the worst person there and he knew it. He needed Buhari to deflect attention from himself and come out looking not quite terrible.
RedboneSmith, you really nailed it on the head. What will Atiku say where you have highly educated, intelligent and articulate technocrats like Moghalu, Durotoye and Ezekwesili? They are too hot for him. Atiku knows that and he avoided being the Hit man by stylishly running away. What a SHAME!
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by amia: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
hakyma:
I am a real supporter of Buhari but with this , I am so disappointed in him. It is just as if he is scared of which he is the one that other candidates should scared of.
Nawa fr we Nigeria
God will bless u more for having dis wisdom and understanding without an atom of selfishness

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Afospecialk: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
ciggy000:
This is very honorable of you my incoming presido

Honorable by proven to his supporters he has nothing no agenda except to attack PMB ?

Honorable by proven to the rest candidate he is more important than them

Honorable by absconding after first appearance
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Afospecialk: 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2019
xjiggy:
Debate does not win elections. Obasanjo never debated anybody during his two terms. Hilary Clinton beat Trump hands down during the US debates yet Trump won. Instead of Atiku to go on a policy based campaign, he's allowing Saraki to lead him into political destruction. Today alone, APC had political campaign rallies in three states yet Atiku is going to USA to prove a point that won't win him votes. Unfortunately it is the so called alumajiris and poor northerners that vote not the social media warriors. On election day, your social media followers will be at home collating results as if they are INEC while the so-called alumajiris are voting.

You too get brain.

Let them be looking for debate while PMB is busy campaigning everywhere.

PDP will go and beg Americans to come and vote for them by February 16 since that's only their achievement
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Babacele: 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
70% of the voters who have been kept in poverty by PDP don't know about this debate , so what it is with the Gander-cackle?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Moment Peter Obi Was Saved From Man Who Rushed At Him At Edo Mega Rally (Video) / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic / Gunmen Shoot At Pius Odubu In Auchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.