Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (52941 Views)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Debate, Apologizes To Candidates / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by DesChyko: 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
Posimii:
Na talk b this so? Abeg wetin this pple kom take us for self. Debate uve actually prepared for. So u wouldn't mind just letting it go just like that bcus Buhari wasn't present? Naija don enter one chance. What an absurd excuse!

Absurd for you. Sensible in all ramifications. The other three will do well to poke holes in this administration. APC minions are just waiting for any straw to console themselves with as their silly campaign tripod hinged of Atiku's international corrupt practices has come crashing down with a successful trip to and back from US without a scratch.
They'll be getting no solace from Atiku. Buhari is absent for his hair shaving session, and the shaver might as well conserve his strength. cheesy

By the way, APC minionship undecided or minionhood undecided or minionity undecided no fit you embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by oseremhe: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2019
shame is the only word I can muster at this point.
Atiku should remember that pride goeth before a fall.

to all atiku supporters, this man doesn't give a hute about you, his eyes are only fixed on the presidency which buhari solely represent, you are simply wheels on the cart of his progress, and sadly he will ride on you all to "almost get there" .

Sadly Atiku's pride won't allow him stand before his supporters, especially here on nairaland, who spend all their energy and time displaying sentimental Flabiness, clicking likes and shares.

This is just the beginning, you guys haven't seen anything yet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
Will you even be allowed to ask other candidates questions during the debate?
What a useless reason .
I trust fl@thead ipobians to start jubilation because of this flimsy excuse .
This bastard is an opposition and he’s displaying so much pride .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
It shall not be well with you Atiku and anyone supporting you .
Next level is certain
kindly Improve on your writing skill. You write like a child, oh I forgot you are emulating your role model(buhari)

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by bizzibodi(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
What Arrogance!Did he realised d debate is about selling himself to Nigerians & not a do or die bout with d president.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Counselor123: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku! Don't you think you need to at least show respect for the people you seek their votes?
Don't be over-obsessed by the position that the incumbent occupies

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by cool318(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
really wish Nigerians canjust ignore both PMB & Atiku

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by xelly: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
The senile old man ran away. Who knows where he will be hiding by now. The idiot that wants to lead us can not come and tell us how he plan to lead.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Konki: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Igbokid:

See this zombie. Get your flat...headed skull outta Atiku's ass.
Atiku wan use Bubu shine.. fear catch the idiot when he realised he would be the punching bag in the absence of Bubu.
Where are the Buhari must debate hypocrites grin cheesy
Using deductive reasoning,

>>>Buhari was afraid Atiku will use him as a punching bag hence he chickened out.

>>>Atiku saw his feeble and weak target is absent, then he too chickened out.

Who then is the greatest weakling?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ivoryd1: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Lame excuse....why using buhari not being there as your own excuse for not debating, senseless.....go and defend yourself at least other brilliant candidate were there.......
AND EVERYONE DEFENDING ATIKU, YOU GUYS ARE CALLING BUHARI LIFELESS AND DULLARD, WHY THEN IS YOUR ATIKU SO EAGER TO DEBATE WITH SUCH PERSON WHEN THERE ARE BRILLIANT CANDIDATES THERE, U GUYS AND ATIKU ARE CONFUSED AND DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY WANT......
BUHARI IS BUSY WITH RALLY, LOOK AT JOS CAMPAIGN RALLY TODAY.....MEHN, U GO BOW

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Moseskito(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2019
WE re voting not buhari an we re not going to be atikulated again for taking nigerians for granted by not appearing at d debate ground they belief they can get every tin at a plater GOLD

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ayobami7(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2019
ok
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by amaechi1: 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stdaviding:
No time for nonsense........i
This man is just too Atikulate

The debate is nonsense?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by LaVirus: 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku and his team are not politically naive. Atiku parades the best brains politically in Nigeria right now.
He was at the venue, Buhari wasn’t there, they analyzed the odds and made a decision.
Politics in Nigeria as at today is not just about grammar, it still needs a little bit of arithmetic.
Some of us accepted Atiku over those intellectuals on stage because of the arithmetic needed for 2019.
Atiku was right to pull out of the presidential debate at the 11th hour. Buhari’s absence shifted all the pressure to him. The smaller candidates would have used him to shine. His handlers did a great job by advising him to withdraw.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SEONaijaExpert: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
Houstency:

But you choose to be blind not to observe PMB didn't attend the debate to go head to head with other candidates? Like I did said, Partisan politics isn't madness. Both candidates took the electorates for a ride, because they felt they have foolish people to vote them with little crumbs they dole out who wouldn't bother to hold them accountable. They both good by not honouring the debate. Your excuses for PMB ain't tenable, deal with it as well!
This is the period for serious political antics that exactly is what Atiku has done. I've made myself clear on campaign processes, the President is in Plateau at the moment and that was after his Presidential duty to inaugurated the Baro Inland Water Port, went to Minna for the APC campaign rally. He was on national TV last Wednesday to state his plan for the nation and that should do justice. That's enough information not some verbal war expected today.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by deomelo: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2019

grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ellie01: 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
Next level is certain

Must everything u say b laced wit insult....u r d 1st so far who has negated d purpose for dis discussion.

Not only ur lyf as an APC man matters here, some pepo r so directly affected by dis regime that its now a case of, if u dnt have what to say, just keep QUIET.
PLEASE TOO.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Hades2016(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
Next level is certain
oh Lord, did you just said all this bro ? .... This is called presidential debate and the present president most be there so show us what he got for us on the table or what he has achieved for the past 4years , where have you heard that the current present miss any debate even in the United state pls let’s face the fact and not put sentiment in this matter. God bless us and God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by bizzibodi(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
ATIKU knows he is no match with kingley moghalu,obi ezekwesili,fela durotoye he thought debate is about fighting & insulting his superior.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by hysteriabox(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
Wait....
You came to talk to Nigerians or you came to talk to Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
The incumbent should be on the podium.

Other candidates too should have refused to go on the podium if Buhari isn't there.

Oby should have refused too.

What a country!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by akdjr(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
This is how Atiku will make u-turn when Buhari is declared winner next month. Anyone can screenshot this.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by somehow: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
So Atiku went to debate Buhari and not debate other candidates? isn't that an insult to the rest of them and Nigeria at large?

2011, Jonathan didn't attend the debate, yet Buhari showed up and attended. That Buhari decided not to go to this one shouldn't be used as an excuse for Atiku not to attend. He's not even in government, yet behaving like this.

Well, e go suffer come Feb 16 grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ivoryd1: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
xelly:
The senile old man ran away. Who knows where he will be hiding by now. The idiot that wants to lead us can not come and tell us how he plan to lead.

Hope you're still alive.....didn't u see the jos rally today where the president went to....he's busy with what will really get him there and not expending energy on what won't help him ...and wots d point of him debating since he's prolly weak in d@ area and if you're the one won't you spend your energy on where you have strenght......trust me debate isn't going to get him there, definitely not in this our naija clime......maybe centuries later
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Glink2018(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

Can you imagine the stupid press statement from Atiku.....
He can't participate in the debate because buhari is not present...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Posimii(f): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
DesChyko:

Absurd for you. Sensible in all ramifications. The other three will do well to poke holes in this administration. APC minions are just waiting for any straw to console themselves with as their silly campaign tripod hinged of Atiku's international corrupt practices has come crashing down with a successful trip to and back from US without a scratch.
They'll be getting no solace from Atiku. Buhari is absent for his hair shaving session, and the shaver might as well conserve his strength. cheesy

By the way, APC minionship undecided or minionhood undecided or minionity undecided no fit you embarassed
U shouldn't av quoted me since ur way of thinking isn't same as mine. Apc oooo pdp oooo,I care less abt any of them. All I said ND still saying is that he leaving d venue just bcus oga Buhari no dey, only affirmed d fact that both of dem hav nth at all to offer. I wasn't expecting more tho.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Bizibi(m): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
The looting machine just squandered a noble opportunity to tell the nation why he should be voted for

Here he is comparing himself to the sitting president whose style of leadership Nigerians are already familiar with

oh!!! Buhari didn't squander the opportunity ba,nonsense......

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

This is the period for serious political antics that exactly is what Atiku has done. I've made myself clear on campaign processes, the President is in Plateau at the moment and that was after his Presidential duty to inaugurated the Baro Inland Water Port, went to Minna for the APC campaign rally. He was on national TV last Wednesday to state his plan for the nation and that should do justice. That's enough information not some verbal war expected today.

That verbal war is exactly what we expected. The president need to be here to defend all the bullshit his government is running.

Am not Atiku fan , would prefer Sowore.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by garrimallam: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
May ur prayer come back to you.
Anywhere is God that answers prayer, countinue runing ur smelling mouth like tap, better get articulated so that u can get a brush to clean ur gworo teeth.

uote author=Stocking post=74923617]Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
Next level is certain[/quote]
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Glorymax: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
For those who said Atiku chickened out of the debate, and is an insult to the voters.
Yes is an insult but I think a greater insult was the reason given for Buhari's absence. See the link on the insultive and flimsy excuse for his absence below;

https://www.nairaland.com/4969571/sagay-political-dwarfs-buhari-wont/3#74906376

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose On Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Candidacy / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic / Moment Peter Obi Was Saved From Man Who Rushed At Him At Edo Mega Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.