Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (52933 Views)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Debate, Apologizes To Candidates / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by DesChyko: 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
Posimii:

U shouldn't av quoted me since ur way of thinking isn't same as mine. Apc oooo pdp oooo,I care less abt any of them. All I said ND still saying is that he leaving d venue just bcus oga Buhari no dey, only affirmed d fact that both of dem hav nth at all to offer. I wasn't expecting more tho.

We are not robots so we can't have a uniform way of thinking.
..and I've pulled out of this debate as well, Aunty smiley
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by xelly: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
Ivoryd1:

Hope you're still alive.....didn't u see the jos rally today where the president went to....he's busy with what will really get him there and not expending energy on what won't help him ...and wots d point of him debating since he's prolly weak in d@ area and if you're the one won't you spend your energy on where you have strenght......trust me debate isn't going to get him there, definitely not in this our naija clime......maybe centuries later

Did he tell them in Jos how he will solve critical problems in the country? I am talking about him taking Nigerians for granted for too long. What has he said he was going to do if elected? Has he told you how he intend doing it?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SEONaijaExpert: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
3kay945:

That verbal war is exactly what we expected. The president need to be here to defend all the bullshit his government is running.

Am not Atiku fan , would prefer Sowore.
I think all he said last Wednesday should fix that. It was an open meeting with questions coming from all angles.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by baganas: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
id911:
I told you guys Atiku was at the debate venue and was about entering when we heard that Buhari has refused to come. Buhari is who we want to be in the podium with because he's our main opponent.

Buhari can't behave as if his Father is the owner of Nigeria and we continue to look the other way because we ain't all stupid

Buhari should choose time and venue that he is comfortable with to debate with Atiku and we will be there live. Any day or time he chooses, we are ready
Keep waiting for debate while we wait for febuhari 16. We need actions and not hypocratic talks
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
Will you even be allowed to ask other candidates questions during the debate?
What a useless reason .
I trust fl@thead ipobians to start jubilation because of this flimsy excuse .
This bastard is an opposition and he’s displaying so much pride .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
It shall not be well with you Atiku and anyone supporting you .
Next level is certain

Self esteem no pride, tell your unfit president to go debate... economically, spiritually, mentally, charismatically, intelligently unfit to run a phone boot business talkless of a big nation like Nigeria, calling a gubernatorial candidate presidential, senatorial, he doesn’t even know he is the presidential candidate. Abeg look mirror, ask yourself, am I not mad ?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by nduchucks: 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
Shame on Atiku.

The debate is not about him but about Nigerians. Atiku decided to keep the visions he has to himself rather than share it with Nigerians during the debate.

Atiku's behavior shows that he has no leadership skills to lead this great country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
The looting machine just squandered a noble opportunity to tell the nation why he should be voted for

Here he is comparing himself to the sitting president whose style of leadership Nigerians are already familiar with

Two party system... both have to be present
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2019
Glink2018:

Can you imagine the stupid press statement from Atiku.....
He can't participate in the debate because buhari is not present...

Please turn on your TV....

Oh, no light.. Buhari lol

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
Glink2018:

Can you imagine the stupid press statement from Atiku.....
He can't participate in the debate because buhari is not present...

I respect and support his reasons for not participating. Why is the incumbent of all people not there.

We all know the election is between Apc and Pdp except you are decieving yourself.

When his main opponent turned tail, what do you expect?
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
So far we have Zombies... this Country cant move forward!!! Pmb said if my party said i should contest i will.. its more like no magnitudes and direction. He doesn't even know what he wants for himself talkless of the Country or the Nigerian people.. So what is he going to say or debate.. the Ans is ....Nothing Constructive will come out from his lips.. So to avoid embarrassment.. he had to say off.. For Atiku he would have debated.. truth be told those candidate will flaw him..

He gat to use his sense too.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Self esteem no pride, tell your unfit president to go debate... economically, spiritually, mentally, charismatically, intelligently unfit to run a phone boot business talkless of a big nation like Nigeria, calling a gubernatorial candidate presidential, senatorial, he doesn’t even know he is the presidential candidate. Abeg look mirror, ask yourself, am I not mad ?

Your last statement crack me up. The dude needs to ask the question twice. cool
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by davidodiba(m): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
LordAdam16:
He traveled to the US (which some numbskulls said was impossible)...

He spent two days meeting with US Congressmen, the US Chamber of Commerce, and the Nigerian American community.

He left the US early this morning and spent almost half a day in the air.

Returned, addressed supporters, and even with jet lag arrived at the venue of the debate and met other candidates.

Then one senile retired soldier who was handing over his presidential candidacy to a "governatorial" candidate refuses to show up and you expect Atiku to debate him in his absence.

Buhari, the debate is always open; pick a date, time, and venue of your convenience, and Atiku will give you a bloody nose!!! It's a dare!

Yes, it is between himself and Buhari. It is a debate not a campaign rally. Nigerians already have access to his manifesto (physical and digitial), plans, and have attended his rallies. Now, they want to see him square up with that waste of space to compare and contrast directly.

Don't be as empty-headed as your C-in-C; use your brain.

-Lord
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by liver123(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
Can we see how bleeped up this country is. How can a president be absent from a debate.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I think all he said last Wednesday should fix that. It was an open meeting with questions coming from all angles.

Who knows that happens? The presidential debate is what the whole world would like to see. Not some none verifiable event of like minds.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ikpongiton: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
Good man,God bless you.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by liver123(m): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
Can we see how bleeped up this country is. How can a president be absent from a debate.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SEONaijaExpert: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
3kay945:

Who knows that happens? The presidential debate is what the whole world would like to see. Not some none verifiable event of like minds.
I agree, I would only say that this is bad timing for the independent body that organized this debate. The INEC timetable should have been considered. The President was in Minna and from Minna to Plateau today. I don't see how he would have made it
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Felixv: 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
OEPHIUS:
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

somebody showed him this video --lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8GBeKuEliE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAr38X82-I
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Chuksmonika(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
Next level is certain
Nnamdi Kanu said that the young president in aso rock cannot attend the debate,and it just happen,Respect Nnamdi kanu,he is just the prophet of our time,But cone head Afonjas of brown roof republic and their pay masters dont want to respect that young man,jealousy will not allow them to
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by mindurword(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
Next level is certain
It shall nor be well with you only not other Apc supporter because you are a bastard
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 3kay945(m): 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
liver123:

Imagine oo, and some so called educated ones here are defending that.

I would have done same as Atiku having been a former Vice president.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by hardeytarhyour(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
id911:
I told you guys Atiku was at the debate venue and was about entering when we heard that Buhari has refused to come. Buhari is who we want to be in the podium with because he's our main opponent.

Buhari can't behave as if his Father is the owner of Nigeria and we continue to look the other way because we ain't all stupid

Buhari should choose time and venue that he is comfortable with to debate with Atiku and we will be there live. Any day or time he chooses, we are ready

Recall Back that in 2011 when Buhari is an Aspirant and Jonathan is a sitting President, Jonathan did not attend the debate and Buhari attend and defend his policies with fellow Nigerian because he is a serious Candidate,
It is presidential debate not candidacy Debate, Atiku would have tell Nigeria his policies and left But due to his lack of seriousness he can't because Buhari didn't attend, IS THAT AN EXCUSE, Atiku has not excuse to be an absentee But is an imcubent

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by tonex360: 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2019
The dullard refused to come, chai. What an olodo president we have. One of the things that led to the retrogression in this country today is because of presumption. Nigerians thought back then in 2015 that with or without debate we have seen the savour who will lunch us into a positive change. If he had attended the debate maybe Nigerians wold have known he was going to emerge as an olodo president. Now we know better. Buhari you can't fool Nigerians the second time.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by naijanaso: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2019
Stocking:
Oloriburuku .
What a useless reason .
Next level is certain

The curse is already making you think from your anus, you smelly shit dumb ass. You think every Nigerian will be cowed like you to accept the worst incompetent, lifeless, old fashioned brouhaha as president of this nation? Go and receive sense because it is not well with you at all right now.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by neyobills: 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
sehin79:
a leader does not get to the war front and run back atiku i have deducted one vote off you now.... you are not reliable.

That's not been unreliable but been patriotic,I would have done exactly the same thing,if the incumbent refuses to attend for any reason whatsoever is taking his fellow countrymen for a ride and a joke taken too far
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by saintandsinnerz: 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
fogechi:
He who runs live to fight another day.

For Atiku you need make use of every opportunity.his advisers should know better
What do you know
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Ivoryd1: 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
xelly:

Did he tell them in Jos how he will solve critical problems in the country? I am talking about him taking Nigerians for granted for too long. What has he said he was going to do if elected? Has he told you how he intend doing it?

Brother..... Buhari has tried to some extent...some of his policies are working...I'm a living witness to some policies of his administration d@ has catapulted me to greater heights....it depends from which angle we're looking @ it, to some its great, while to some its horrible ....different stroke for different folks....but in all he has done many things d@ are unprecedented (railway, npower, agric loan, tradermoni, 2nd niger bridge, agric product e.g rice etc...are some of these not the policies we yearn for.....come on nigerians, let's face the fact....THE FOOLISH ATIKU DAT WAS THERE 1999-2007 WHAT DID HE ACHIEVE OTHER THAN LOOTING.... so brother lets not fight for this guy a that dont care about us.....I'm just saying the bare fact.....one love bro
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by VicHots(f): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2019
I don't know who's more daft than this man? Are you at the debate to challenge or attack Buhari!
You just miss an opportunity to sell yourself to The voters anyway you weren't. Match to. #PMB
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by neyobills: 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2019
duwdu:
Hear Mr. Abubakar: "I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence."

In other words, the other debaters already on ground are not worth your salt? That, combined, they're not up to the President in effect?

Is that not what Prof Sagay was saying exactly, and for which some people called for his head?

In any case, who told Mr. Atiku Abubakar that he is worth more than the combination of the other debaters already on the podium for the debate?

Arrogance will always show, no matter the pretense of the arrogant person.

But hey, what do I know?

P34c3

Nope its not I think he did the honourable thing by bee patriotic its a slap on the face of fellow countrymen if n this dire situation we are the incumbent wont show up for a debate,at least he honoured the invitation and was on ground and that's all that matters.
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by DedeNkem: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
What a st*upid reason! And I'm sure m*orons would believe him!

So his objective was to attend the debate to only attack Buhari rather than be there to tell Nigerians what he planned doing to better the lives of the citizens!

If you vote for APC or PDP, you've a serious mental problem! You can't keep voting for the same thieves and somehow expect a different outcome!

Vote for Sowore of AAC Party if you want a real positive Change!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Idrisayuba8: 9:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku is a thief and He can't be trusted

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by deomelo: 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
Obviously, athiefKulooter stage-managed his debate drama.

athiefKuooter knew the president wasn't going to be there to start with, but he showed up just to ridicule the President and it backfired all over his face.

athiefkUlooter is dub and his advisers are even dumber

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Festus Keyamo Was Fighting For Peter Obi (Throwback) / All Smiles! Buhari And Osinbajo Step Out In White Outfits. Photos / Ayo Fayose On Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.