Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? (25002 Views)

Daddy Freeze: If An Engaged Couple Have Sex, It Is Not FORNICATION! / Reasons Why You Should Not Think Of Sex At Your Youthful Age (fornication) / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by DavidEsq(m): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
The prayer is from the other party, I've experienced it countless times and it's mind boggling that a lady will wake up in d morning in your house after you guys commited fornication all through the night and she will kneel down and pray.

Is it right
Romans 10:2-3 explains it all:
"For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge. 3 ForFor because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God".
Ur girl proclaims that she is an active Christian but does not accept God's moral standards of right and wrong. What she is doing is her own sel-induced sense of righteousness. That is the order of today's new generation "Christians" who tell u "how dare u question my actions. U don't know my relationship with God or my level of grace".
Cc: CanineOfJackal.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Oscar5588(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2019
It's much to right to pray after formication; so that God will forgive us if we really we prayed to sin no more
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by alizma: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2019
PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by HappyPagan: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2019
5thElement:

I won't even bother with you. I know you are a millennial baby and absolutely not worth my time of day. Scram.
Bye Einstein Baby.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 20, 2019
alizma:
PRAY WITHOUT SEASON

Ceasing not season.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by ALEXANDER51: 10:15am On Jan 20, 2019
prayer of a sinner is an abormination too GOD..IF U DONT PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS.. IT IS NOT BAD TOO PRAY AFTER FUNICATION know that you wont indulge in it again..
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by DavidEsq(m): 10:16am On Jan 20, 2019
OlufemiWhit:
Only God can decide dat 1
Really? And has God told us how he decides that, thru his word the bible? Does his word, the bible reveal to us how he decides such things? Do u think 2 Timothy 3:16 is relevant here?
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by alBHAGDADI: 10:19am On Jan 20, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
Albaghdadi your opinion will be appreciated

What does she pray about after the sex?
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by teejay167(m): 10:23am On Jan 20, 2019
]Did the Holy Spirit pray after fornicating with Mary?

Pls don't blasphem the Holy Spirit, it is the only unforgivable SIN in in the Bible, "MIND WHAT YOU SAY"

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by HappyPagan: 10:29am On Jan 20, 2019
prestyn:

U are a fool and mentally unbalanced
Says the one who believes a virgin from Israel gave birth to his saviour.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by themanderon: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2019
The only prayer you can say is to ask for forgiveness and stay as far away from him or her as much as you can since seeing yourselves can reignite the fire that you are trying to quench.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by alfaman3: 10:46am On Jan 20, 2019
HappyPagan:
Even Jesus died a Virgin.

Unlike his Mother.

That family must be sexually repulsive. Nobody wants to Bleep them.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by KoeChz(m): 10:49am On Jan 20, 2019
frosbel2 :

Forgive me for trolling this once MuttleyLaff , but I couldn't help myself.

I really like your version of Christianity ; just keep praying, repenting and NEVER STOP praying, in the end it will be all good. Enjoy your fun, Jesus is Love and he will always forgive so don't lose heart. I think I may rejoin briefly.

Christianity is so funny - grin
Christianity is not funny, the commentator was only making a joke out of Christianity; making a mockery of Jesus words
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by belcom10(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
I'm having this argument with my friends here and I want to hear different opinions about it.

A lady friend visits you and spends the night and you guys have sex and before you sleep, she kneels down and prays and sometimes invite you to join in that prayer.
Remember after the prayers the duo of you might have another roundof sex before day breaks.

My question is this;

1. Is that Prayer wrong?

2. Will God answer such prayer or it's a mockery of prayer?

3. Since we are commuting sin, is it right to run from God or run to him through prayers?

Please lets discuss it with biblical verses to help because a lot of people are victims of such incident.

Prayer,
Let me contribute from this following points.
1. ignorance of the word of God.
2. Lack of fear of God
3. Sealed conscience

First, the person maybe ignorant because of lack of spiritual food. word of God.

Second, This person that pray before or after fornication lacks the fear of God even after knowing that this is the act of sin.

Thirdly, The person has no Conscience to justify
his or her actions.

Generally speaking , this is wrong in the sight God, repent and desist from fornication.
And God will show you mercy, he will then give you the grace to overcome all forms of sins.
Remember his grace his sufficient unto us. for his strength is made perfect in weakness.......2cor 12:9
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by KoeChz(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2019
themanderon:
The only prayer you can say is to ask for forgiveness and stay as far away from him or her as much as you can since seeing yourselves can reignite the fire that you are trying to quench.
. Why start a romantic relationship in the first place. You cannot make friends with God and the world at thesame time. You can only love one and despise the other.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by CharlesJok3r: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2019
It cool to pray in Jesus name before fornicating. Who knows maybe you might be lucky to have a threesøme with Jesus included.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by MelaninGold(f): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2019
HappyPagan:
Even Jesus died a Virgin.

Unlike his Mother.
Nawa oo what does Jesus dying as a virgin and his mom have to do with this topic.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2019
Na una sabi. Keep deceiving each other.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by bluefilm: 11:08am On Jan 20, 2019
Yes.

It's good you always pray after fornicating so that God will not be angry so much and send HIV after you...
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by KoeChz(m): 11:18am On Jan 20, 2019
A proof of the last days. That kind of prayer after sex can never go pass the roof. 2 Timothy 3 verse 5 "having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from this turn away" You cannot be in sin and asking for grace to abound. James 4 1-8. friendship with the world (sexually immorality and other temporary enjoyment of sin) is enmity with God. To validate our communication with our heavenly father verse 8 says "draw close to God and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands you sinners and purify your heart you indecisive ones"-New world

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by CaptainGOOD: 11:22am On Jan 20, 2019
samisj4real:
Does that mean God won't forgive nor hear the prayers of the person any longer?

Read me again
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Ishilove: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What does she pray about after the sex?
Forgiveness, most likely
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by vonlogon: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2019
Evince:

So now u are forming PA to imaginary god . See ur boldness when u say "yes it is well received by god"
Making me think u are among the 24 elders in heaven

I pray for you in the name of Jesus, every imagination challenging the glory of God in your life be erased in Jesus Name.

As for my boldness, I am a child of the only living God by the spirit of adoption whereby I say Aba Father. I know the ways of my father, he lives in me and I in him.

Much love
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Forgiveness, most likely
Do you do that too grin
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2019
CanineOfJackal:
I'm having this argument with my friends here and I want to hear different opinions about it.

A lady friend visits you and spends the night and you guys have sex and before you sleep, she kneels down and prays and sometimes invite you to join in that prayer.
Remember after the prayers the duo of you might have another roundof sex before day breaks.

My question is this;

1. Is that Prayer wrong?

2. Will God answer such prayer or it's a mockery of prayer?

3. Since we are commuting sin, is it right to run from God or run to him through prayers?

Please lets discuss it with biblical verses to help because a lot of people are victims of such incident.
praying after willing sin against God makes one a hypocrite and God does not answer prayers of hypocrite unless they turn from their bad ways.
praying before or after willingly walking into means you are mocking God and you know the wages of mocking God.
it is better to obey God and not pray than to pray and willingly disobey God
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Ishilove: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Then Jesus told them a parable to show them they should always pray and not lose heart"
- Luke 18:1

"Pray without ceasing (i.e. never stop praying)"
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Romans 6 vs 1- What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by alBHAGDADI: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2019
Ishilove:

Forgiveness, most likely
Then what she's doing is willful sin, which is wrong. She's not sorry for every time she fornicates. She thinks God will forgive her when she opens her mouth to ask for forgiveness without it coming from her heart.
Re: Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? by Ishilove: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2019
chisco82:

Do you do that too grin
Emmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric) / Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Mocking God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.