Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari (22203 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo: If South-East Don't Vote Buhari, They Will Be In Wilderness / God Really Blessed Nigerians By Allowing Them Vote Buhari In 2015 – Oshiomhole / "Vote Buhari Out And Vote Who In?" Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by deomelo: 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
Self destructive Igbos are foaming at the mouth like bingo again.

Your 100% votes for Worthless Jona and the looting and stealing PDP did not stop PMB in 2015 so of what relevance are you and your votes in 2019.

Useless people..

2 Likes

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Igbos are the Most politically confused region in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas and Yorubas knows who they want to or will vote for.

The Igbos don't know if they want buhari, Atiku, sowore or ezekwesili. if you ask me, i would say the IGBOs are tired of been Nigerians or been in Nigeria truely. Appart from the IGBOs who are benefitting from the Appauling condition of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Misterdhee1(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
The won't vote Buhari. They won't vote Moghalu or Ezekwesili. But they will vote Atiku because he aligns with their funny political core values.

Anyway, here are several reasons why you should consider Kingsley Moghalu � �

https://factdome.com/home/kingsley-moghalu/

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by NickD(m): 1:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
We South easterners would massively vote Buhari

Pmb till 2023

Next level straight
Says a man bearing abdulazeez as a name. I never knew easterners bear that as their names. Have small sense this Sunday please.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Vickthore: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
franchasng:
If Atiku can win 35% of Northwest votes, 48% of Northeast votes, 55% of north-central votes, then he will definitely win Buhari because Yoruba vote is actually less than Igbo votes because Igbos are by far much more in number than Yoruba and are spread all across Nigeria.

Now add block vote of 80% for Atiku from south-south and 99% from southeast, you will see that Atiku deserves to win.

I always laugh at Yorubas who think their vote made Buhari President in 2015, it was Northeast, Northwest and Middlebelt votes that made Buhari President in 2015 because Northerners saw Goodluck as their common enemy and fought him through betrayal, election rigging and massive underrage voting for Buhari.

If you doubt me, go and check the total number of registered voters in Southwest region, then remove 30% of those registered voters in Southwest and add it to Southeast, and remove another 10% of registered voters in Southwest comprising of other Nigerian tribes, and then you will know the exact number of registered voters in Southwest who are Yoruba by origin.

I wonder why Yorubas think they are more in number than Igbos This people funny sha.

After Hausa, the 2nd most populous single tribe in Nigeria is Igbo, followed by Yoruba, then Fulani, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Idoma, Urhobo, Efik, Bororo, etc.

Before you argue, ask yourself who make up Southeast region population and who make up Southwest population and you will realise this:

Southeast = 93% of Igbos + 5% of other tribes + 2% of other nationalities

Southwest = 60% of Yorubas + 30% of Igbos + 8% of other tribes + 2% of other nationalities

Only enlightened people know this.

What Buhari meant in his 5% statement is that Igbos gave him just 5% votes, not that total Igbo votes is just 5% of Nigeria's voting population which most uneducated and intentionally illiterate Yorubas peddle online to score cheap points yet they can't let this minority population go or avoid them in their campaigns and political schemings, who is fooling who, huh
Do u think we quote data for d fancy of it?
Tell us where u got ur facts

2 Likes

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by hardeytarhyour(m): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
The writer and Poster of this thread should put himself in to those region that give Buhari 90% of their votes and those region that give their 10% of their votes to Buhari,

Okay, Are expecting Buhari to favour Igbo over Other region that give him their votes overwhelmingly, Whereas Buhari chose hs Minister from Every state of the federation,,

If you are among the region that give Buhari major votes and Buhari doesn't pay you pack by favouring you, Would you not be calling Buhari a Traitor and Gold Digger You Will!

If Igbo doesn't vote Buhari, And Buhari Eventually Win, Then You will smell pepper Of Negligence, Igbo Vote alone can't win any Presidential Candidate Election, They are Minority,, Buhari can Win Election with Northern and SouthWestern Vote Likewise Atiku,,

A region can't focus one political party like How Igbo focus PDP & succeed NEVER!

No Region or Ethnic Focus One Party in Nigeria except Igbo, That is why I will regard them as Loser
Buhari discriminate or not,Igbo doesn't vote him

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Bluntemperor: 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
from day one of Buhari admin,my brothers from the east have been playing a hatred game on the man.AMAKA Why? what was his sins that can't be forgiven and forgotten?.another big mistake and error from the Eastern side is to always neglect the South West region in political alignment,engagement,inclusiveness and re-alignment.The day both the East and West vote same party and pattern is the day things will fall apart in Nigeria,but the Nort will not allow because of money Politics of divide and rule syndrome.
if anybody wanting to move forward a nation like Nigeria without including South West because of their political sustifiication in their equation is suicidal and a big joke.ask former President Jonathan why was he spending 2 to 3months Campaigning in Lagos in 2015? True talk!.

2 Likes

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by franchasng: 1:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
Vickthore:

Do u think we quote data for d fancy of it?
Tell us where u got ur facts
You can visit nearest INEC office to know because I don't think they still keep the data on their website anymore.

Even US government agency that monitors every nations population; I think UNDP released a document showing that after Hausa, Igbo are the most populous tribe in Nigeria, followed by Yoruba and then others.

It was also posted here on Nairaland last year and the usual Oduduwa e-warriors descended on the thread, and even rubbished America that they don't know what they are doing.

But even on your own, you ought to observe this ordinarily, go to Lagos, on every street in Lagos, you must find at least 5 Igbo family resident there.

In every market in Lagos, Igbos are the majority.

In every school in Lagos, you must find Igbo kids, and in every Church in Lagos, you must find Igbos even though Lagos is not Igbo state.

It means, after Yorubas, Igbos are the most populous tribe in Lagos, and that means around 28 - 32% of Lagos population are Igbo, according to one unofficial document I saw some time ago.

Now go to Oshogbo, Ile-Ife, Ado Ekiti, Akure, Ondo, Ilesa, Ibadan, Agbara, Abeokuta, Ewekoro, Ede, Ilorin, Ijebu-Ode, Ikirun, etc and you will see majority of Igbos living in those towns and remote areas of Yoruba states.

But go to Southeast states, you can hardly find Yorubas, if you find at all, they are very few concentrated in the capital cities, of which Yorubas do brag about that they don't go to other regions that their region is paradise for them.

Every sane person know this truth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by ejimatic: 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
OEPHIUS:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/why-the-south-east-will-not-vote-buhari/
We have heard you our Igbo people. Whether you vote Buhari or not the South west will vote him and he will win the election.please note that Buhari will never ever handover to you as president in 2023.He will handover to Southwest.After south west it will be returned to the North. You will gnash your teeth till eternity. The choice is yours and the result is for your region ...Whoever has ear should listen to what the spirit is telling the Nigerian congregation..... You can still repent for good or be stiffnecked at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Muyology: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Pekele007:

The Northern region where you come from are the most backward, poorest,most useless and illiteracy headquarter in Nigeria despite their sons ruling this country the most.

The Almajiri system over there is their best export and contribution to the country yet they are power hungry.

Buhari on the other hand doesn't even know what his function as a president is. Igbos aren't the cause of your failure and frustration bros.

U might be right . They may be the most poorest , backward but more loving , less greedy and more accommodating than your greedy , so money conscious of your race

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Abagworo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari won Imo State in 2015 but was rigged out but this year he is winning by a wide margin. The other States I don't know.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Pekele007: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

Did you vote for him in 2015?

We saw the ridiculous disparity in votes but in spite of that, Buhari still defeated your "Igbo" son.

With the way you play hate politics, you will continue to remain inconsequential.

Jonathan is suddenly an Igbo. grin

wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Pekele007: 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Muyology:

U might be right . They may be the most poorest , backward but more loving , less greedy and more accommodating than your greedy , so money conscious of your race

Accommodating with Fulani herdsmen I guess.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by LZAA: 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
hardeytarhyour:
The writer and Poster of this thread should put himself in to those region that give Buhari 90% of their votes and those region that give their 10% of their votes to Buhari,

Okay, Are expecting Buhari to favour Igbo over Other region that give him their votes overwhelmingly, [b]Whereas Buhari chose hs Minister from Every state of the federation,,

[/b]If you are among the region that give Buhari major votes and Buhari doesn't pay you pack by favouring you, Would you not be calling Buhari a Traitor and Gold Digger You Will!

If Igbo doesn't vote Buhari, And Buhari Eventually Win, Then You will smell pepper Of Negligence, Igbo Vote alone can't win any Presidential Candidate Election, They are Minority,, Buhari can Win Election with Northern and SouthWestern Vote Likewise Atiku,,

A region can't focus one political party like How Igbo focus PDP & succeed NEVER!

No Region or Ethnic Focus One Party in Nigeria except Igbo, That is why I will regard them as Loser
Buhari discriminate or not,Igbo doesn't vote him
Try and read d constitution before spewing trash
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by fareed69(m): 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
dhardline:
A man can't remember he's the one running for the presidency,

can hardly make a coherent speech is weak and tired and yet

you hate your country so much as to put it 'not in his hands' but

in the hands of his handlers or as some call 'cabal'. There is

definitely something wrong with anyone who even considers

Voting Buhari. It's best you pick from the others.

Okay when he is sworn in you can hug transformer then.

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by es144000: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Flattino:
These 5 percenters with inconsequential votes always holding themselves on high esteem
At least half of Igbo's do not stay in the east.The results of Lagos elections tell us this;the results are always close.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by deyahaya: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
I wonder as these Biafra guys are talking senseless, in the history of this country no government has ever favour and develop Southeastern part of the country particularly interms infrastructures than this present government and President Buhari. But I don't blame the author is a Biafran guy this is not your country.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Masterclass32: 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Real patriots won't vote for buhari. We love this country too much to do that. How can we vote a man so out of touch with reality that he forgot that he is the Presidential candidate of his party?

Even if he means well, he doesn't have the capacity. Anybody but buhari.

#back_to_Daura is the surest thing.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Brokenvessels: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Igbos have a right to vote who they want to vote.
Those who would vote Buhari in the SE would vote him.

Buhari would win the election and Igbos would start crying marginalisation and Biafra again. That's when they would see pepper.
We won't see pepper. We didn't vote him in 2015 and we are fine. Our lives are better. We won't vote him in 2019, and we will still.be fine.

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by dhardline(m): 2:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
fareed69:

Okay when he is sworn in you can hug transformer then.

It's good you know where you belong. With time you will reap

bountifully as you have sown.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Eliteklaus(m): 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

I am from south south and our votes are for buhari. What did PDP do for us in the south south in terms of federal appointments and developmental goals for 16 years?
Alot, I'm sure you are from Edo state, the outskirt State

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Moahmed: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

I am from south south and our votes are for buhari. What did PDP do for us in the south south in terms of federal appointments and developmental goals for 16 years?
f

Abeg tell them
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by kernel001: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:
Okay we have heard the Igbo.

Let them vote Atiku so that him and his jolly friends can be enriched. Fortunately for Nigeria, the Igbo vote that is the only certain vote for Atiku will not count for much.

Besides, how dare the Igbos vote when their director has commanded a boycott that even already ensured that the voter registration statistics of the SouthEast is the poorest in the country?

The sooner the Igbos realise that they have never written the history of Nigeria, they will stop mistaking the judgment of Igbos for the judgement of history.
Also the sooner they will stop wasting their efforts trying to paint Buhari as the worst President, when he still has a 2nd term and post recession economic growth to redeem the nation from the bankruptcy that Jonathan Christmas almost achieved as his legacy in a time of immense federal revenue.

Sir... From your apostasy, Jonathan caused the recession, who caused the first one when Buhari became the head of state?
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Eliteklaus:
Alot, I'm sure you are from Edo state, the outskirt State

I am from Akwa ibom
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Kennydoc(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bolustical:
The 2015 election has crystalized the fact that Buhari doesn't need votes from the SE, the implication is that no serious political party will deem them strategic enough for victory.

They are inconsequential to both the PDP and the APC

APC will win without them
PDP will still lose with them

That isn't the case with the SW & NW
Stop overestimating the relevance of the SW. If SW had given Jonathan the votes they gave Buhari and vice versa, Buhari would still have won. NC played a greater role in Buhari's victory in 2015 in terms of their votes than SW. Even next month, SW will still give Atiku nothing less than 40-50% of their votes. That I'm very sure of.

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by KANUISALIVE: 3:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
Is it not the same buhari that failed in 2003, 2007, 2011
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Ikechu12: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bolustical:
A vast majority of the Igbos have been known not to be politically savvy.

They prefer the politics of emotions, blackmail and entitlements to the politics of reality, foresight and alliance building.

An average Igbo politician believes you need to hand power over to him. Unfortunately, anyone of them that thinks outta the box is seen as an efulefu, coward and/or slave.

I don't see any reason why they and the NC should keep voting PDP that hasn't even considered them for Presidency for once. Asides, politics, what tangible project has the PDP completed in the SE in their 16 years rule?

Isn't it Ironic what this ediot is claiming as igbo trait is WTF the things of Southwest is doing. Someone remind me again what Osibanjo and that other ugly monkey looking bastard from that region said.... Didn't this fools beg for votes so Buhari can hand the the presidency in 2023.
Southwaaste are the ultimate hypocrites
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by sharpsecret: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:

Atiku is grateful for Python Dance.

He will atleast get over a million votes thanks to the SouthEast voters who would have been too frightened to come out to vote when IPOB was deluding itself as the authority in the region before they all fled for their dear lives when the Python Danced furiously with them.

Till today, the anarchy craving lunatic Kanu has not fully recovered from the fear of almost dying like his dog.

The same talkative coward who had promised to return from Abuja with Buhari's head, and dared the gallant Nigerian Army to enter Biafra and all die.
if e pain u too much u can just take awolowo route so u can rest in peace
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by bixton(m): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
Building the Second Niger bridge no longer has electoral value, because it is not only the Igbo that would cross that bridge

Sure it has no electoral value that's why the Igbos in the last administration refused to do anything about it but collect monies and keep into their never filling pockets.

Now the second Niger bridge is for Nigerians and not the Igbos. You can imagine how a tribe is very confused.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Stocking: 3:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
es144000:
At least half of Igbo's do not stay in the east.The results of Lagos elections tell us this;the results are always close.
Sharrap
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Ikechu12: 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bolustical:
The 2015 election has crystalized the fact that Buhari doesn't need votes from the SE, the implication is that no serious political party will deem them strategic enough for victory.

They are inconsequential to both the PDP and the APC

APC will win without them
PDP will still lose with them

That isn't the case with the SW & NW

2015 was the first time SW votes ever mattered EVER. Even in 2015, that Dullard won because of NC and NW. SW votes were inconsequential that day as we saw by results provided showed SS had higher votes than SW. I've never met a group as stupid and grandiose as Southwest. In history, una were stuck in oppositional. For the time in years, una are out of it, your delusions sky rocket to thinking you're of importance. Your votes have always been inconsequential and still. Even within that of your region, there's still a high percentage of Igbos there to make an effect of the votes. Una are the least populated among the three main tribes and unlike North and Igbos, your votes are secured predominately in South West. While both Igbos and North are nation wide.

Idiots always referencing INEC registered votes. Inrc registered votes number is based on where people registered in. An Igbo that registered in Lagos is counted as SW registered voters dum dum. I'm not even in Niggeria and even I understand this concept. I think stupidity is the daily meal of the average Afonja

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Ikechu12: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
franchasng:
If Atiku can win 35% of Northwest votes, 48% of Northeast votes, 55% of north-central votes, then he will definitely win Buhari because Yoruba vote is actually less than Igbo votes because Igbos are by far much more in number than Yoruba and are spread all across Nigeria.

Now add block vote of 80% for Atiku from south-south and 99% from southeast, you will see that Atiku deserves to win.

I always laugh at Yorubas who think their vote made Buhari President in 2015, it was Northeast, Northwest and Middlebelt votes that made Buhari President in 2015 because Northerners saw Goodluck as their common enemy and fought him through betrayal, election rigging and massive underrage voting for Buhari.

If you doubt me, go and check the total number of registered voters in Southwest region, then remove 30% of those registered voters in Southwest and add it to Southeast, and remove another 10% of registered voters in Southwest comprising of other Nigerian tribes, and then you will know the exact number of registered voters in Southwest who are Yoruba by origin.

I wonder why Yorubas think they are more in number than Igbos This people funny sha.

After Hausa, the 2nd most populous single tribe in Nigeria is Igbo, followed by Yoruba, then Fulani, Ijaw, Itshekiri, Idoma, Urhobo, Efik, Bororo, etc.

Before you argue, ask yourself who make up Southeast region population and who make up Southwest population and you will realise this:

Southeast = 93% of Igbos + 5% of other tribes + 2% of other nationalities

Southwest = 60% of Yorubas + 30% of Igbos + 8% of other tribes + 2% of other nationalities

Only enlightened people know this.

What Buhari meant in his 5% statement is that Igbos gave him just 5% votes, not that total Igbo votes is just 5% of Nigeria's voting population which most uneducated and intentionally illiterate Yorubas peddle online to score cheap points yet they can't let this minority population go or avoid them in their campaigns and political schemings, who is fooling who, huh

I'm not even routing for Atiku but you're correct. If Atiku wants to win, all he needs is to focus attention on prompting middle belt to vote for him. That's why Buhari eventually won after 3x if failure. In all of the election Niggeria had, the deciding people have always been Middle belt. If he gets the most votes there, get the most votes in SS and SE and get a significant number of votes from North, Atiku wins hands down. That's how it was how GEJ won the first time. Unfortunately for him, that election is going to anything but free and fair. Worst rigging in history coming to that shithole that's for sure

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Denies Plans To Replace Sanwo-olu With Abiru In 2023 / Update From Ongoing Ekwulobia Flyover By Anambra Government (Pictures, Video) / "This Is Not Democracy": Jaafar Jaafar Reacts To Sack Of Kano, Plateau Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.