Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari (22251 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo: If South-East Don't Vote Buhari, They Will Be In Wilderness / God Really Blessed Nigerians By Allowing Them Vote Buhari In 2015 – Oshiomhole / "Vote Buhari Out And Vote Who In?" Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by farem: 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
OgbueshiOKPANAM:

So, you're dull too?

Convince me on how 97+5 sums to 100.

What it means, if you didn't know, is that that 5 - is ordinary face value and not amount to more than 3 in real value!
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Ugosample(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
gypsey:
Igbos are the Most politically confused region in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas and Yorubas knows who they want to or will vote for.

The Igbos don't know if they want buhari, Atiku, sowore or ezekwesili. if you ask me, i would say the IGBOs are tired of been Nigerians or been in Nigeria truely. Appart from the IGBOs who are benefitting from the Appauling condition of Nigeria.

I'm surprised you're the one writing this rubbish
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:
Okay we have heard the Igbo.

Let them vote Atiku so that him and his jolly friends can be enriched. Fortunately for Nigeria, the Igbo vote that is the only certain vote for Atiku will not count for much.

Besides, how dare the Igbos vote when their director has commanded a boycott that even already ensured that the voter registration statistics of the SouthEast is the poorest in the country?

The sooner the Igbos realise that they have never written the history of Nigeria, they will stop mistaking the judgment of Igbos for the judgement of history.
Also the sooner they will stop wasting their efforts trying to paint Buhari as the worst President, when he still has a 2nd term and post recession economic growth to redeem the nation from the bankruptcy that Jonathan Christmas almost achieved as his legacy in a time of immense federal revenue.

Wow! Slow down....please who plunged this nation into recession again? Cos last I checked, the previous administration of GEJ actually left a country whose economy was still on the path of growth. The Igbo's are right to paint the Buhari administration as arguably the WORST, especially with the gross incompetence this administration has displayed so far. Never in the history of the 4th Republic have we seen a President and administration as tribalistic, divisive, inept, and outright incompetent as the present one. Hopefully this year, every right-thinking Nigerian will reverse that bloody mistake by kicking that disastrous calamity called Buhari back to Daura where he belongs.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
gypsey:
Igbos are the Most politically confused region in Nigeria. Atleast the Hausas and Yorubas knows who they want to or will vote for.

The Igbos don't know if they want buhari, Atiku, sowore or ezekwesili. if you ask me, i would say the IGBOs are tired of been Nigerians or been in Nigeria truely. Appart from the IGBOs who are benefitting from the Appauling condition of Nigeria.

Says who? You? If anything, the Igbos have proven to be the most straightforward and loyal voting block in this country. They are not the type of folks that simply "go-with-the-flow". 2015 had proven that, and they make ABSOLUTELY NO apologies for their choice (and have been fully vindicated).
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bolustical:
A vast majority of the Igbos have been known not to be politically savvy.

They prefer the politics of emotions, blackmail and entitlements to the politics of reality, foresight and alliance building.

An average Igbo politician believes you need to hand power over to him. Unfortunately, anyone of them that thinks outta the box is seen as an efulefu, coward and/or slave.

I don't see any reason why they and the NC should keep voting PDP that hasn't even considered them for Presidency for once. Asides, politics, what tangible project has the PDP completed in the SE in their 16 years rule?

You folks have come again. Let me guess, from the "politically sophisticated" tribe, abi. Tell me, how did the last 4 years of the Buhari administration go for you folks. After all, the "least political savvy" tribe could see into the future and were definitely not disappointed as the administration others voted in turned out to be very much the disaster the Igbos thought they were.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
StOla:
Okay we have heard the Igbo.

Let them vote Atiku so that him and his jolly friends can be enriched. Fortunately for Nigeria, the Igbo vote that is the only certain vote for Atiku will not count for much.

Besides, how dare the Igbos vote when their director has commanded a boycott that even already ensured that the voter registration statistics of the SouthEast is the poorest in the country?

The sooner the Igbos realise that they have never written the history of Nigeria, they will stop mistaking the judgment of Igbos for the judgement of history.
Also the sooner they will stop wasting their efforts trying to paint Buhari as the worst President, when he still has a 2nd term and post recession economic growth to redeem the nation from the bankruptcy that Jonathan Christmas almost achieved as his legacy in a time of immense federal revenue.

It is not all igbos that support Atiku. I support Buhari for a second term and I am a true Igbo son.

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by ocelot2006(m): 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

I am from south south and our votes are for buhari. What did PDP do for us in the south south in terms of federal appointments and developmental goals for 16 years?

Bros, abeg you're not from the South South. Stop lying abeg.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
ocelot2006:

Bros, abeg you're not from the South South. Stop lying abeg.

Ataha ubom ke esuk owo enyene. So where am I from?
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by freshdude99(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
netpro:
- Buhari will get a lot more votes than 2015. Atiku will get far less votes than Jonathan did.

- Subtly and otherwise, South East politicians have their eyes set on 2023 and Atiku's 6 years Dubai plan jeopardizes that interest.

- From buying delegates to picking Obi, Atiku has shown he is not a team player. And may not carry everyone along.

- All the SE politicians who look forward to 2023 see Obi's elevation as an obstacle.

- Despite little support, Buhari has carried SE along. And all well meaning person will support Buhari.

- IPOB has also made things worst for Atiku.

In everything, Buhari will defeat Atiku with an indisputable margins.
Because then, the pdp was dominated by the same people that have left for APC... But now, the SE and SS have a higher stake in PDP, so expect something different
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
hardeytarhyour:
The writer and Poster of this thread should put himself in to those region that give Buhari 90% of their votes and those region that give their 10% of their votes to Buhari,

Okay, Are expecting Buhari to favour Igbo over Other region that give him their votes overwhelmingly, Whereas Buhari chose hs Minister from Every state of the federation,,

If you are among the region that give Buhari major votes and Buhari doesn't pay you pack by favouring you, Would you not be calling Buhari a Traitor and Gold Digger You Will!

If Igbo doesn't vote Buhari, And Buhari Eventually Win, Then You will smell pepper Of Negligence, Igbo Vote alone can't win any Presidential Candidate Election, They are Minority,, Buhari can Win Election with Northern and SouthWestern Vote Likewise Atiku,,

A region can't focus one political party like How Igbo focus PDP & succeed NEVER!

No Region or Ethnic Focus One Party in Nigeria except Igbo, That is why I will regard them as Loser
Buhari discriminate or not,Igbo doesn't vote him
You are just brain.less! Was it not yesterday (2015) that the SW votes just produced a president? Besides, it was not mainly their votes; rather, it was that of the NE, NW and NC whose block votes made Buhari win. Now that a greater percentage of the NC will not vote for Buhari, watch out if the SW votes will win Buhari 2nd term only? Besides, Atiku will still get a large chunk of NE votes. Then, we are all watching if it is only the NW and SW votes will bring back Buhari.

Yorubas, since 1999, were in opposition until 2015. Tell me the truth: Had their votes since 1999 even determined who became president? Noooo! It was North, SE and SS votes. So, no particular region's vote ever determines who becomes a president. If the entire South plus the Middle Belt decide to align, i tell you the NW and NE votes cannot make a Hausa/Fulani man president. In essence, every region's votes matter and count and can make a presidential aspirant lose, no matter how small the votes might be. It's political or rather regional alignment that produces a president, not a particular region's votes alone.

Besides, NW and SW votes are not made up of their indigenes' votes alone. Igbos make up about 30% of the population living in NW and SW, and their votes are not counted as Igbos' votes since they live outside Igboland. So, take note of this!

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by BluntBoy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Pekele007:

Jonathan is suddenly an Igbo. grin

wonders shall never end
I am sure you are not blind. You can see that I put the Igbo in quote.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Pekele007: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
BluntBoy:

I am sure you are not blind. You can see that I put the Igbo in quote.

There is no need putting it in quote cos he is never an Igbo man. Stop this mischievous attitude .
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Hotfreezer: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2019
RoyalIgbo:

Says a cowardly Amala eater who had no voice in national politics until 1999.

I wonder where all these dumb assertions about Yoruba's political sophistication is coming from.

Coming from a flatheaded piglet from a long lineage of losers, I'm surprised you're laughing at those eating amala.

If your fathers saw amala to eat when they were fighting those feeding them, would 3M pigs have died of kwashiokor and starvation?

Yorubas had no voice in national politics since 1999 but you slaves accuse Awolowo of starving your ancestors?

I don't you're Igbo. You're just one of those Ipob pigs with zero IQ ridiculing Igbos everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by es144000: 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
Stocking:

Sharrap
you sharrap two times
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
Muyology:

U might be right . They may be the most poorest , backward but more loving , less greedy and more accommodating than your greedy , so money conscious of your race
Less greedy and less money conscious? It's a lie! Most rulers of Nigeria came from the North. See how they looted the country dry. Abacha loots are still being recovered till today. If 'being money conscious' means being shrewd and sharp in money making through business, then Igbo is the best tribe in Nigeria, and there's nothing wrong about it.

Besides, your rulers are the greedy ones, cos they didn't want to expose Almajiris to western education, lest they be like their children and will no longer be subservient and willing tools in their hands for destruction and dastardly acts. You don't find that in the SE. Tell me now: who is more greedy than the other?

I served in the North, and your brother attested to Igbo's hardwork and industry. He told me plainly that he loves Igbos cos of their hardwork and that Igbos can turn a desert into a a great city. He would point at his Northern brothers squatting under the Neem tree, doing nothing. He said that he felt ashamed of being a Hausa man. He's a medical doctor. You know the truth, Mr. man!

No Igbo has ruled Nigeria for a year. It's the North's greed that under-developed Nigeria, especially your North.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Hotfreezer: 6:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
Pekele007:

Jonathan is suddenly an Igbo. grin

wonders shall never end

Didn't you people call him Azikiwe?

Were you in coma when GEJ stupidly said Igbos are the pillars of his administration?

It would be really despicable of Igbos if they deny Jonathan at this stage?

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Pekele007: 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Were you in coma when GEJ stupidly said Igbos are the pillars of his administration?

How do you Buhari supporters even reason A grown man reasoning like a kid.

Was Buhari not given chieftaincy title and called Igbo names when he visited South East? Does that make him an Igbo man?

So because Amaechi's middle name is Rotimi or even Amaechi, he is automatically an Igbo man or Yoruba man? You need help asap
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Hotfreezer: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Pekele007:

How do you Buhari supporters even reason A grown man reasoning like a kid.

Was Buhari not given chieftaincy title and called Igbo names when he visited South East? Does that make him an Igbo man?

So because Amaechi's middle name is Rotimi or even Amaechi, he is automatically an Igbo man or Yoruba man? You need help asap

Did GEJ call Igbos the pillars of his administration? Yes or no.

If he did, how da feck did you go from pillars of a president to mere 2.5% (Kanu has taken 2.5 out of it)

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hotfreezer:

If Buhari says that Yorubas are the pillars of his administration, does it mean he's a Yoruba man? Your statement is a fallacy!

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ugosample:

I'm surprised you're the one writing this rubbish
You don't even know me.. sad Besides that is my opinions. you don't have to Agree grin

maybe you should air your own views Rather. you people hate the truth.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
ocelot2006:

Says who? You? If anything, the Igbos have proven to be the most straightforward and loyal voting block in this country. They are not the type of folks that simply "go-with-the-flow". 2015 had proven that, and they make ABSOLUTELY NO apologies for their choice (and have been fully vindicated).
It is my opinion After all. grin
2015? what did they prove in 2015? not voting for buhari? Exactly my point. even if buhari was going to build hospitals, schools and universities in every village in The east or south east, IGBOs wouldn't have voted for him. just because he is from the North.

So were does the IGBOs stand this coming presidential election?

1 Like

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Denton027: 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
PythonAmaka:

Fixed.

python amaka
I don talk my own finish.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Denton027: 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
gypsey:
It is my opinion After all. grin
2015? what did they prove in 2015? not voting for buhari? Exactly my point. even if buhari was going to build hospitals, schools and universities in every village in The east or south east, IGBOs wouldn't have voted for him. just because he is from the North.

So were does the IGBOs stand this coming presidential election?
When has Buhari ever been fair to the Igbos to deserve any dint of love from him? We are talking about the same man who has in no small measure proven to be an irredeemable bigot, I mean check all his appointments so far in these administration.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Konki: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hundreddegrees:
The Igbos will not rule for a very long time until they are united and ready to play real politics, they are always looking for sympathy but politics doesn't work that way.

North has ruled, what have they to show for it?

West did, show me what they gained?

Igbo is not power hungry at all.

So, what next?
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by StOla: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
ocelot2006:

Wow! Slow down....please who plunged this nation into recession again? Cos last I checked, the previous administration of GEJ actually left a country whose economy was still on the path of growth. The Igbo's are right to paint the Buhari administration as arguably the WORST, especially with the gross incompetence this administration has displayed so far. Never in the history of the 4th Republic have we seen a President and administration as tribalistic, divisive, inept, and outright incompetent as the present one. Hopefully this year, every right-thinking Nigerian will reverse that bloody mistake by kicking that disastrous calamity called Buhari back to Daura where he belongs.

You mean an economy that borrowed N470b ($2.5b) as revealed by Okonjo Iweala herself, so as to pay federal civil servant salaries for Feb/March/April 2015, with no idea of how to pay May 2015 salary as at that May 2015?

You mean an economy that had reduced the government savings (ECA) from $20b in 2010 to $2b in 2015?

You mean an economy that had reduced foreign reserves from $47b in 2010 to $29b in 2015?

You mean an economy that could not pay federal government counterpart funding for JV oil projects totalling $6.8b from 2010 to 2015?

You mean an economy that inherited only $3b debts but increased it in geometric multiples?

And all these happened while selling crude oil at over $100/barrel from 2010 to 2014.

Can you define economic growth?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by kotv: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
gypsey:

By that logic then Yorubas are equally politically confused. A portion is following Buhari, the other is following Atiku and the remaining is with Sowore. Stop with the hypocrisy. In regards to political insight, at least for now, Igbos have better insight. They saw the disaster of Buhari even when he offered them the VP spot, they still voted against him both times. Unlike the ethnicity who call themselves politically sophisticated, Igbos did not go back on their stand and still maintain it till this very day despite the discrimination against them by Buhari. They have not gone back on their words unlike some people.
Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by Raskasal(m): 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
They never voted him in the last election but he won. Same way God will surprise them this year when results will be announced.

PMB ALL THE WAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari by kotv: 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tetehjewels:

I am from south south and our votes are for buhari. What did PDP do for us in the south south in terms of federal appointments and developmental goals for 16 years?
You're not from south south. If you really are, I'm sure you're nothing but a bmc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okowa Appreciates Supporters After He Was Announced As The Running Mate To Atiku / Osinbajo Narrative On Selecting Buhari To Guarantee A Yoruba Presidency In 2023 / #EdoDecides: Solomon Edebiri Leaves PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.