Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup (26937 Views)

11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup / 5 Tips On How Guys Should Handle A Breakup / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by 24hoursreporter: 10:52am On Jan 20, 2019
The world of relationship is a complicated one. And sometimes, breakup makes it more complicated. Whether your relationship was a toxic one or not, you are still likely to regret few of your actions after a breakup.

Breakup may seem normal to some people. But it is a life changing decision and its natural for you to regret somethings you could have done better.

Let’s look at it sincerely, it’s not easy leaving someone whom you are so used to. Somebody that used to be the first person to call you in the morning and last person to call you at night. Breaking up with such person isn’t always an easy decision.

In this article, you will learn some unavoidable regrets people have after a breakup.

7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup

#1. They Failed To Establish Boundaries In The Relationship

One of the unavoidable regrets people have after a breakup is their failure to establish boundaries in the relationship. Failure to establish boundaries has led to the breakup of many relationships.

Establishing boundaries in a relationship is very important, yet most people often underlook this. Interestingly, most problems that led to several breakups could be have been avoided if proper boundaries were established in the early stage of these relationships.

So, it is advisable for partners to discuss things bothering them in a relationship. It should be about facing the bull by the horn and not being diplomatic about it. Well, being blunt and discuss issues bothering you in a relationship could lead to argument. But in the long run, you have said your mind and boundaries have been established.

If you fail to discuss things bothering you in the beginning of your relationship. It may inevitably becomes your post breakup regret. So, to avoid this, face every issue boldly in a relationship. It’s either boundaries are respected in a relationship, or it breaks. Don’t pretend to be okay with things, when deep down you are dying in silence.

#2. They Feel They Didn’t Try Hard Enough In A Relationship

Its natural for people to blame themselves after a breakup. They often think that if they hard try harder, the relationship wouldn’t have hit the rock. It is actually among the unavoidable regrets people have after a breakup.

Its natural for people to reflect about the past after a breakup. And most time, they feel if they had try harder, the relationship could have survived.

#3. They Wish They Ended The Relationship Earlier

They are people who actually wish they ended a relationship earlier than they did. This regret often comes from people who escaped from a toxic relationship. Some people actually waste time in a toxic relationship thinking things will be better. Oops! It’s never getting better, pressing the exit button is the best solution in a toxic relationship.

So, whenever you see that things aren’t working well between the both of you, never assume that things will get better. It is always advisable to quit a relationship that is seemingly not working. Don’t hope that things will eventually work in the future. You may actually be wasting your time.

#4. They Would Have Slowed Things Down A Little

“We would have slowed things down is also among the unavoidably regrets people have after a breakup. They believe that if they had taken things slowly, they would have been able to notice some of the things that led to the breakup.

Sadly, this particular regret often comes from ladies, especially when they have introduced the guy to every member of their family. Perhaps, they were probably planning wedding and a proper introduction has been done. If things go sour at this time, it often brings a lot of regrets.

#5. They Focused Too Much On The Relationship And Forget Themselves

A breakup could either wisen you up regarding a relationship or make you foolish, depending on how you take. To many people, breakup is actually an eye opener and their experience from the breakup will definitely affect their next relationship directly or indirectly.

You may regret after a breakup that you focused all your time, effort and resources on the relationship while forgetting yourself in the process. This could be very painful really. But don’t think about it too much.

Focus on developing yourself and be a better you. After all, the best revenge for a heartbreak is success. Make yourself relevant and important. Ensure that the next time your ex sees you, things are going perfectly for you better than they were when dating him or her.

#6.You Actually Gave Up Your Friends Just To Make The Relationship Work

It is always good to keep your friends closer to you. Irrespective of whatever relationship you are, you still needs friends. After all, they will always be there for you when things go sour.

And it could be one of the unavoidably regrets people have after a breakup if they actually cut loose of their friends just for the relationship to work, and still didn’t work.

Well, before you sacrifice your friends on the altar of relationship, take a deep breath and ask yourself does it worth it? Because your friends have been there for you, sacrificing for somebody you just met and will probably leave soonest isn’t always a wise decision.

#7. You Forget Areas Of Your Life That Needed Attention Just To Make Things Work

There is actually nothing bad sacrificing other things for a relationship to work. But when things go wrong in the relationship, you may actually regret such sacrifices greatly.

This is when you will be seeing areas you neglected yet things didn’t work out.

We all know that breakup is a very bad phase is someone’s life, especially if it is for married couples. However, reflecting and regretting things that have happened in the past isn’t actually a good idea. So, no matter how bad a breakup is, try to move on. This is the easiest way to avoid being depressed.

Reflection time!!! What was your greatest regret after your last breakup?

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/20/7-unavoidable-regrets-people-have-after-a-breakup/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by 24hoursreporter: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2019
Read Also!!! 11 Ways Sex Can Make You Healthier ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/17/11-ways-sex-can-make-you-healthier/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by kunleweb: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2019
24hoursreporter:
No matter how strong you think you are, you will always regret certain things after a breakup

Sure?

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by 24hoursreporter: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2019
kunleweb:

Sure?

Very sure. They must be an iota of regret somewhere.

12 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by CheapDataGuy: 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nah. Not all. Broke up with my girl last year and I am yet to feel remorseful about it.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by ShakurM(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
You start seeing all the ugliness and you start calling her bitch/fuckboy then you post pictures like this

3 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by iCauseTrouble: 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
phucking her very well. She left for a man with money. She still begs for the taste of my diick till today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by condralbedez: 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Honestly ,i can't stop regretting abt number 5 and 7

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Baddiezz(f): 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
They Wish They Ended The Relationship Earlier
They are people who actually wish they ended a relationship earlier than they did. This regret often comes from people who escaped from a toxic relationship. Some people actually waste time in a toxic relationship thinking things will be better. Oops! It’s never getting better, pressing the exit button is the best solution in a toxic relationship.
So, whenever you see that things aren’t working well between the both of you, never assume that things will get better. It is always advisable to quit a relationship that is seemingly not working. Don’t hope that things will eventually work in the future. You may actually be wasting your time

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by MrThisandthat(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Same way we regret voting Buhari as President in 2015

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by freemanbubble: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Isoright
I don't have an ex because i don't do relationship. As a bini niggarrr hustling when i see a woman i like i just go in and swim
Because am always aware that women are like swimming pool
Just go in and swim, don't give a fuckkk about who have been swimming before you, don't also give a fuckkk who will swim after you are done with your own swimming!
In fact my guy don't even give a fuckkk who is swimming with you as you are swimming

Then if I noticed that the woman is loving me as am swimming and trying to create a relationship
Then i will assure her that i can't guarantee our relationship but i will make sure i remain her friend till the end of time

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by ybalogs(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
I sat with my friend in a well-known porridge shop in a neighbouring town of Venice (Italy), the city of lights and water.

As we enjoyed our porridge, a man entered and sat at an empty table beside us.

He called the waiter and placed his order saying,

‘Two cups of porridge, one here, one on the wall.’

We heard this strange order with interest and observed that he was served with one cup of porridge but he paid for two.

As soon as he left, the waiter pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying

‘A Cup of porridge’.

While we were still there, two other men entered and ordered three cups of porridge, two on the table and one on the wall.

They had the two cups of porridge but paid for three and left.

This time also, the waiter did the same; he pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying, ‘A Cup of Porridge’.

It was something unique and perplexing for us.

We finished our porridge, paid the bill and left.

After a few days, we had a chance to go to this porridge shop again.

While we were enjoying our porridge, a poorly dressed man entered.

As he seated himself, he looked at the wall and said, 'One cup of porridge from the wall'.

The waiter served porridge to this man with the customary respect and dignity.

The man had his porridge and left without paying.

We were amazed to watch all this, as the waiter took off a piece of paper from the wall and threw it in the dust bin.

Now it was no surprise for us – the matter was very clear.

The great respect for the needy shown by the inhabitants of this town made our eyes well up in tears.

Ponder upon the need of what this man wanted...

He enters the porridge shop without having to lower his self-esteem…

he has no need to ask for a free cup of porridge…

without asking or knowing about the one who is giving this cup of porridge to him.

He only looked at the wall, placed an order for himself, enjoyed his porridge and left.

Probably the most beautiful wall you may ever see will be our wall of good deeds on the Day of Judgement.

This is what is Charity when you give from one hand & other hand does not know about it.

May the Almighty help us all to spend for the poor and the needy.
……………………………………………………………
You are allowed to SHARE the update.

83 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by abbaapple: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
sad

And so what
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by wonder233: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Only you made a post, only you claimed FTC on your own post.
Yet, we will be asking why this country is the way it is. Mtcheew
24hoursreporter:
No matter how strong you think you are, you will always regret certain things after a breakup
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Relationship?? undecidedundecided.Thank God you said it's complicated ...
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Kobicove(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
24hoursreporter:

How can you claim OP and FTC at the same time? undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Abcruz(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.--

proverbs 4:23
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by wonder233: 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
True Tue
ybalogs:
I sat with my friend in a well-known porridge shop in a neighbouring town of Venice (Italy), the city of lights and water.

As we enjoyed our porridge, a man entered and sat at an empty table beside us.

He called the waiter and placed his order saying,

‘Two cups of porridge, one here, one on the wall.’

We heard this strange order with interest and observed that he was served with one cup of porridge but he paid for two.

As soon as he left, the waiter pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying

‘A Cup of porridge’.

While we were still there, two other men entered and ordered three cups of porridge, two on the table and one on the wall.

They had the two cups of porridge but paid for three and left.

This time also, the waiter did the same; he pasted a piece of paper on the wall saying, ‘A Cup of Porridge’.

It was something unique and perplexing for us.

We finished our porridge, paid the bill and left.

After a few days, we had a chance to go to this porridge shop again.

While we were enjoying our porridge, a poorly dressed man entered.

As he seated himself, he looked at the wall and said, 'One cup of porridge from the wall'.

The waiter served porridge to this man with the customary respect and dignity.

The man had his porridge and left without paying.

We were amazed to watch all this, as the waiter took off a piece of paper from the wall and threw it in the dust bin.

Now it was no surprise for us – the matter was very clear.

The great respect for the needy shown by the inhabitants of this town made our eyes well up in tears.

Ponder upon the need of what this man wanted...

He enters the porridge shop without having to lower his self-esteem…

he has no need to ask for a free cup of porridge…

without asking or knowing about the one who is giving this cup of porridge to him.

He only looked at the wall, placed an order for himself, enjoyed his porridge and left.

Probably the most beautiful wall you may ever see will be our wall of good deeds on the Day of Judgement.

This is what is Charity when you give from one hand & other hand does not know about it.

May the Almighty help us all to spend for the poor and the needy.
……………………………………………………………
You are allowed to SHARE the update.
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Gkay1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
heartbreak nor easy o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by ShawttySoFyne(f): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
No time for regrets. Move on to something productive

2 Likes

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Julietcutie(f): 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
Mine is 5 6 and 7 but its OK i learnt well smiley
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by IamLucy(f): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Regret can affect your physical health by disrupting your hormones and impairing your immune system. This can lead to long-term health problems that affect your quality of life and future relationship
Stop regretting today!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by heavicent: 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
There is actually nothing bad sacrificing other things for a relationship to work. But when things go wrong in the relationship, you may actually regret such sacrifices greatly.
REGRETS! REGRETS!! REGRETS!!!. till when will you keep on regretting. pls move on or it will impregnant you and deliver anger, hatred into your life.
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Dreament(m): 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
till now am still regretting some of the things I did for my eye. like over trusting her and entrusting about 200k under her care. only for me to found out she was never who I taught she was. I only see myself wishing her death every time. I hv tried all I could to forget I still found myself hving serious hatred towards her. only God knows the kind of hatred I hv towards the ingrate of a girl.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
Stories that touch the heart cheesy
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by Kira290(m): 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
happy8888 post=74 944118:
hi

you dey craze grin grin grin grin
No go hustle on kik

This your format no go work
Re: 7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup by TBIZZY(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
freemanbubble:
Isoright
I don't have an ex because i don't do relationship. As a bini niggarrr hustling when i see a woman i like i just go in and swim
Because am always aware that women are like swimming pool
Just go in and swim, don't give a fuckkk about who have been swimming before you, don't also give a fuckkk who will swim after you are done with your own swimming!
In fact my guy don't even give a fuckkk who is swimming with you as you are swimming

Then if I noticed that the woman is loving me as am swimming and trying to create a relationship
Then i will assure her that i can't guarantee our relationship but i will make sure i remain her friend till the end of time
grin bad boy. Hope u always use life jacket?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Meaning Of "Bae" And "Boo"(research) / Signs You’re A Terrible Girlfriend / 5 Reasons People Delete Chats On Their Device - Bamisepeter's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.