Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (78360 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by tayoast(m): 10:39pm On May 15, 2011
switch47:

just like most chelsea fans !! bunch of wastes!!

Get a life dude.

Wat pleasure do u derive in bad mouthing Chelskis? smh
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by switch47(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2011
tayo_ast:

Get a life dude.

Wat pleasure do u derive in bad mouthing Chelskis? smh
  Because Most chelsea fans are Glory hunters!! by the way didnt you get Cabali's advice?? IGNORE SWITCH47!!
No dey reply my post. simple!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by tayoast(m): 10:48pm On May 15, 2011
ok. The last U'd get from me.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by switch47(m): 10:59pm On May 15, 2011
tayo_ast:

ok. The last U'd get from me.
Many Thanks !! Gba mi mo se so fun e!! i no go too get una time next season. Have fun!

Switch47!!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by mithel(m): 2:08am On May 16, 2011
Switch my guy,u no answer my question o
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by IYANGBALI: 10:34pm On May 18, 2011
practice makes perfect grin grin grin grin

Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by dyabman(m): 2:36am On May 19, 2011
are you still a baby?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by switch47(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2011
@mithel
ask me again
did nt get you d ist time.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by lalaboi(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2011
Borini Says he wont be signing a new contract. . what d deal with this young average joes sef.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Phate07(m): 11:48pm On May 20, 2011

Okay, who's going out and who's coming in for the new season? Any transfer speculations yet?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chamotex(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2011
Phate07:

Okay, who's going out and who's coming in for the new season? Any transfer speculations yet?

Guy cool down make season end first. grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by Eastbay1: 3:25pm On May 22, 2011
chamotex:

Guy cool down make season end first. grin grin grin
Not before handing back the trophy they borrowed from us. . . grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by chamotex(m): 3:51pm On May 22, 2011
(Eastbay):

Not before handing back the trophy they borrowed from us. . . grin

The trophy is already at Old Trafford.
It's in the Sky Sports studio. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2011
Full team even for this inconsequential game. Is Carllotti trying to save his job with this game?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 4:18pm On May 22, 2011
nateevs:

Full team even for this inconsequential game. Is Carllotti trying to save his job with this game?

He is auditioning for the West Ham job. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 4:22pm On May 22, 2011
debosky:

He is auditioning for the West Ham job. grin

He probably is you know?
Meanwhile you need to see what Blackpool are playing at OT.
I really wish they don't go down.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2011
And they've gone a goal down.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 4:26pm On May 22, 2011
Blackpool's failing is their lack of pragmatism - you can play all the attacking footie in the world, but if you fail to recognise when to lock up shop then you will go down.

Birmingham have scored far less but are in a better position.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 4:29pm On May 22, 2011
Blackpool play some fantastic football and i wish they can stay up.

Meanwhile, not very impressed with the way Chelsea dey play right now. its hard to watch.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by coogar: 4:30pm On May 22, 2011
nateevs:

He probably is you know?
Meanwhile you need to see what Blackpool are playing at OT.
I really wish they don't go down.

i will cry if wigan go down. they are the best footballing team in that relegation zone. roberto martinez is a nice lad too.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2011
^^ Martinez is trying to be too posh. . . .maybe he'll work on his footie more than his grammar if they go down. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by coogar: 4:36pm On May 22, 2011
debosky:

^^ Martinez likes to be too posh. . . .maybe he'll work on his footie more than his grammar if they go down. grin

what they lack is quality defence. from the midfield to the attack, they are at par with most teams in the europa league zone. martinez has wigan playing some exquisite football. too advanced for the quality of players he has got in his kitty. the only bottom side who don't park the bus against big teams.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2011
debosky:

Blackpool's failing is their lack of pragmatism - you can play all the attacking footie in the world, but if you fail to recognise when to lock up shop then you will go down.

Birmingham have scored far less but are in a better position.

Are you saying that because they are bottom team?
Arsenal are never pragmatic. Why should they?
Plus how many small teams successfully defend leads.
It's not Ian's philosophy and I praise him for that.

That said I think their problems stem from not being able to defend well.
Minor defensive errors make them concede silly goals.
Given one more season in the PL, I believe that can be sorted.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by coogar: 4:41pm On May 22, 2011
nateevs:

That said I think their problems stem from not being able to defend well.
Minor defensive errors make them concede silly goals.
Given one more season in the PL, I believe that can be sorted.

it won't be sorted. the defence department must be solid and must have been together for a while to stand the test of time in the premier league.
this is what tony pulis got right when his team got to the premier league. he got himself no-nonsense defenders and he got his team to play to their own strength. stoke city can never ever relegate in the premier league. their style is not pretty but it's appetisingly effective.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 4:42pm On May 22, 2011
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll
Charlie Adam.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by FBS: 4:44pm On May 22, 2011
Adamsssssss! Yeaaah!
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 4:50pm On May 22, 2011
coogar:

it won't be sorted. the defence department must be solid and must have been together for a while to stand the test of time in the premier league.
this is what tony pulis got right when his team got to the premier league. he got himself no-nonsense defenders and he got his team to play to their own strength. stoke city can never ever relegate in the premier league. their style is not pretty but it's appetisingly effective.

I quite agree with the Stoke example except in one swift move, you've contradicted your own self.
You said Pulis got it right when he got to the PL, yet you say Ian cannot get it right in one season.

And I can agree with you saying "it won't be sorted".
Given another season, Blackpool don't need a Stoke-esque air tight defence, he only needs to get it right enough to keep them away from relegation and without sacrificing their style of football.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by debosky(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2011
nateevs:

You generally don't survive by going gung-ho in every game - sometimes you just need to shut things down. You need to be pragmatic if you have a simple aim like survival. Arsenal are in a relatively comfortable position, which can't be compared to the threat of relegation.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by coogar: 4:54pm On May 22, 2011
nateevs:

I quite agree with the Stoke example except in one swift move, you've contradicted your own self.
You said Pulis got it right when he got to the PL, yet you say Ian cannot get it right in one season.

And I can agree with you saying "it won't be sorted".
Given another season, Blackpool don't need a Stoke-esque air tight defence, he only needs to get it right enough to keep them away from relegation and without sacrificing their style of football.

there's no contradiction here. you just don't shop and change defenders and expect them to perform as a unit. it's the most important point to survive in the premier league. blackpool don't even have the resources to put a new defence together. they will have to tear the scripts and start afresh. tony pulis on the other hand had a blueprint on how to survive in the top division. he got himself no nonsense defenders who have played together in the lower division before they got promoted and his style of football is so hard that pretty teams like arsenal, spurs get whacked from time to time at the britannia stadium.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2011
Relying on Spurs is like relying on Arsenal.
They are currently giving Birmingham a point.
As it stands, Blackpool may go down.
Blackpool have to win to get them a real chance.
It would put them above Wolves.

Wolves have imploded and are 3-0 down against Blackburn.
It put Wolves on 40 with -22, Blackpool on 40 with -21 and Birmingham on 40 with -21, Wigan on 40 with -22

If the result at OT stays the same, Blackpool have got to hope Spuds beat Birmingham and Stoke beat Wigan.
We can assume Blackburn are safe now.
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2011
coogar:

there's no contradiction here. you just don't shop and change defenders and expect them to perform as a unit. it's the most important point to survive in the premier league. blackpool don't even have the resources to put a new defence together. they will have to tear the scripts and start afresh. tony pulis on the other hand had a blueprint on how to survive in the top division. he got himself no nonsense defenders who have played together in the lower division before they got promoted and his style of football is so hard that pretty teams like arsenal, spurs get whacked from time to time at the britannia stadium.

I don't quite believe that. Only Shawcross and Rory Delap followed Stoke from the Championship.
Huth, Collins, Faye were all players they transferred post qualification. Yet they did well.
Blackpool don't need to break the bank to get a defender. They can get two in the mould of Shawcross and Samba.
Why do they need to tear the script and begin again because they want to inject a handful of players?
Re: Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 by nateevs(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2011
Coleman sent off.
What are we playing gan sef?

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109)

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.