Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth (22427 Views)

CNN Interview Of Mayor Of Port Elizabeth Over FIFA Scandal Vs Sahara Reporters / Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by kobikwelu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
PITY that this happens,

evry where u go, you hear the same, but thats why i love my people , cos we would kip walking wit our heads held up

no matter the discrimination
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by hackney(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2010
Tokotaya:

Let's hope the Nigerian High Commission will pursue this to its logical conclusion as promised. Bad behaviour deserves punishment.

Oh, God. Here we go again with the non-ending cycle of illusion and hope.
This makes me wonder if the rants and raves,complaints and disappointment by nigerians  are
done every generation with no consequences.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by CGKing(m): 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2010
Make una leave story and leave self pity. Nigerians and Nigerians alone are the cause.

Pursuing to logical end?? Meanest what by this? Pls, go and seriously rebrand like you said and stop being wicked. because even at that, Nigeria still will fight the stigma.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2010
black south africans are actually very nice people, well the ones I ve met. I think nigerians just have a way of bringing out the bad in people. grin
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by THEAMAKA(f): 5:44pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba234:

black south africans are actually very nice people, well the ones I ve met. I think nigerians just have a way of bringing out the bad in people. grin
but didn't you say you claimed another nationality so therefore you weren't a "Nigerian" when interacting with them
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2010
well, I claim I was an American and I wasn't lying. I am an American. Even though I wasn't technically Nigerian when interacting with them, but they treated everybody I saw with respect. I was in a hotel full of Ghanians and they were treated pretty nice, which is why I said, maybe Nigerians just have a way of bringing out the bad in people that are normally good. grin
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by THEAMAKA(f): 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba234:

well, I claim I was an American and I wasn't lying. I am an American. Even though I wasn't technically Nigerian when interacting with them, but they treated everybody I saw with respect. I was in a hotel full of Ghanians and they were treated pretty nice, which is why I said, maybe Nigerians just have a way of bringing out the bad in people that are normally good. grin
whatever, you can't really say since you were not a Nigerian when interacting with them.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by AjanleKoko: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2010
I heard all the visas issued prior to the WC have been classified as "World Cup Visas' and were cancelled the day after the games ended.
Someone with a 6-month multiple entry visa who visited SA during the world cup tried to board a flight over the weekend and was bumped off, as his 'World Cup Visa' was cancelled, with no information to the visa holder.

That said, I heard a nasty 'wickid' rumour. More than 100,000 Nigerians entered SA prior to the games. There's no record of more than 60,000 leaving the country. Oops!! tongue
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I heard all the visas issued prior to the WC have been classified as "World Cup Visas' and were cancelled the day after the games ended.
Someone with a 6-month multiple entry visa who visited SA during the world cup tried to board a flight over the weekend and was bumped off, as his 'World Cup Visa' was cancelled, with no information to the visa holder.

That said, I heard a nasty 'wickid' rumour. More than 100,000 Nigerians entered SA prior to the games. There's no record of more than 60,000 leaving the country. Oops!! tongue
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I hail Nigeria.

If I'm getting this wrong, please "right" me, what is there in South Africa?
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by erebulo: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2010
if only we know why they hate us so much' it is plain envy. nigerians must learn how to treat envious people.how many crimes take place per hour in those places committed by their nationals? we must like our country and make it work. the best way to treat an envious person? i need answers pls
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I hail Nigeria.

If I'm getting this wrong, please "right" me, what is there in South Africa?

go for yourself and see. Nigeria and south africa are in two different league o. No offense to my nigerian people, but it's the truth. Southafrica is a mixture of first world and third world. It's a very beautiful country.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 6:56pm On Aug 17, 2010
erebulo:

if only we know why they hate us so much' it is plain envy. nigerians must learn how to treat envious people.how many crimes take place per hour in those places committed by their nationals? we must like our country and make it work. the best way to treat an envious person? i need answers pls

lmao, Some nigerians are clearly deluded. what are south African envious off? clean roads? good infrastructure?  National pride should not be the reason why you are reasoning blindly. I can tell you why they hate Nigerians. Some of them hate Nigerians because they believed they are ruining their country especially Johannesburg because of the shady things many of our people do.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba234:

go for yourself and see. Nigeria and south africa are in two different league o. No offense to my nigerian people, but it's the truth. Southafrica is a mixture of first world and third world. It's a very beautiful country.

Nigeria is getting there. Well, atleast Onitsha and Lagos are doing something about it.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by EzeUche22(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba234,

Lets be frank. Even though I agree with most of the things you have been saying, a lot of Africans are envious with Nigerians, because we can compete with them in their countries. Only a Nigerian has the audacity to challenge Africans in their own countries such as in Ghana, Togo, Kenya and South Africa.

Plus, the fact that we are not easily intimidated makes matter worse. Remember that South Africans were killing Somalis and people from Zimbabwe, but were chased away by Nigerians with AK-47s.

These same South Africans who are infected with AIDs and believe in raping their own women and robbing people bring up their own crime. There is a reason why people say South Africa has some of the worse crime in any nation besides Jamaica.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by hackney(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
The "white" areas of S.A actually look like europe. (no joke).
they actually have the largest water features play park in the world
(or something like that), etc

Some of their facilities are world class
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2010
hackney:

(or something like that)

And what does the black area look like?
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by hackney(m): 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^ worst place in the world.
worse than any nigerian village.
(human waste floating about), heaps of terrible rubbish, even corpses rotting on the streets.
Call girls all over the fu,c,king place.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2010
hackney:

(or something like that)

a lot of areas in south africa look just like the USA to me. Maybe my eyes were deceiving me. The four or five lane high way that leads to the airport in Johannesburg didn't look different from America.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
hackney:

(human waste floating about), heaps of terrible rubbish, even corpses rotting on the streets.

what black place did you go? I visited a few places in Soweto that is suppose to be the biggest township in the country and I don't know where you saw corpses on the streets, but I didn't see anything like you r saying.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
hackney:

ehrrrm okay. I read those descriptions in the Kaffir Boy

Oba234:

what black place did you go? I visited a few places in Soweto that is suppose to be the biggest township in the country and I don't know where you saw corpses on the streets, but I didn't see anything like you r saying.
You live in South A?
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

Oba234,

Lets be frank. Even though I agree with most of the things you have been saying, a lot of Africans are envious with Nigerians, because we can compete with them in their countries. Only a Nigerian has the audacity to challenge Africans in their own countries such as in Ghana, Togo, Kenya and South Africa.

Plus, the fact that we are not easily intimidated makes matter worse. Remember that South Africans were killing Somalis and people from Zimbabwe, but were chased away by Nigerians with AK-47s.

These same South Africans who are infected with AIDs and believe in despoiling their own women and robbing people bring up their own crime. There is a reason why people say South Africa has some of the worse crime in any nation besides Jamaica.

okay, I can clearly see you have some kind of biased against south africa. If I didn't spend 4 weeks in south africa, I may have believe what you wrote, but from my own view, south africa is no different from any developed country. They have their bad part and good part. In reference to crime, I actually felt safe there and I don't believe that they have a higher crime rate than Nigeria, Congo or Sudan. They are just good at keeping records of crime in the country while in countries like Nigeria, the police aren't keeping records and whatever they are keeping is lies, lies, lies. In comparison to first world country, their crime may be high, but in comparison to third world countries, I actually think it's pretty low.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

ehrrrm okay. I read those descriptions in the Kaffir Boy

You live in South A?

no, I live in the US, but I was in south africa this summer for four weeks.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by EzeUche22(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba234:

okay, I can clearly see you have some kind of biased against south africa. If I didn't spend 4 weeks in south africa, I may have believe what you wrote, but from my own view, south africa is no different from any developed country. They have their bad part and good part. In reference to crime, I actually felt safe there and I don't believe that they have a higher crime rate than Nigeria, Congo or Sudan. They are just good at keeping records of crime in the country while in countries like Nigeria, the police aren't keeping records and whatever they are keeping is lies, lies, lies. In comparison to first world country, their crime may be high, but in comparison to third world countries, I actually think it's pretty low.

Living there for only 4 weeks in South Africa is not good enough my friend. And the country has the highest AIDs rate in the world after Botswana.

Let us not forget that rape is very common in that country moreso than any other African nation except DR Congo. Do not try to act like South Africa is the promise land. Those xenophobic riots were committed by Africans against fellow Africans such as the Somalis and Zimbabweans. What did they do to desserve to that? Because I heard both people are hard working.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

Oba234,

These same South Africans who are infected with AIDs and believe in despoiling their own women and robbing people bring up their own crime. There is a reason why people say South Africa has some of the worse crime in any nation besides Jamaica.

also, I think if Nigerians are really doing something good in this countries we go, I doubt we will be hated. I also don't think the problem is that Nigerians like to challenge others in their countries because even the Asians are challenging the whites in the US in terms of education and in the medical field and they are not hated, but there are a lot of evil people in our midst that makes it tough on everybody.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by hackney(m): 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2010
Oba went there when they cleaned the place up in preparation for the WC.
One person is killed at least every day in soweto and its environs
(i mean ; corpse on the street)

I have a lot of friends\classmates that live there and others that go there a lot from here.

Well, the issue remains that S.africans are very wicked and their girls are AIDS-laden
(never mind the curves on them)
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by kobikwelu(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2010
i prefer going to kenya, namibia, botswana for hols than SA,

dont know if its me, just personal prefrence
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by occam(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2010
People, we know why these things happen to us. It’s the same reason that our sorry arse green passport attracts suspicion.

If an alien drops to planet earth today, I can bet you within a month it will come across this kind of news headlines:

Lagos, Nigeria ---- Top Chief Executive of bank steals $2 billion & flees to the U.K.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ---- 50 yr old Nigerian woman caught with 6 kilos of cocaine
Amsterdam, Netherlands ---- Nigerian gang arrested with 1,000 fake passports
New York, U.SA ---- 4 Nigerian nationals charged with $17 million credit card fraud
Naples, Italy ---- 30 Nigerian women to be deported for prostitution

Need I say more? Bad behaviour is so synonymous with Nigeria. My people I beg make we change or talk about something
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by THEAMAKA(f): 7:32pm On Aug 17, 2010
occam:

Need I say more? Bad behaviour is so synonymous with Nigeria. My people I beg make we change or talk about something

change your ways. its people that love to GENERALIZE that would say what you've just said.
are Nigerians the only people that commit crimes? or those types?
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by kobikwelu(m): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2010
People, we know why these things happen to us. It’s the same reason that our sorry arse green passport attracts suspicion.

If an alien drops to planet earth today, I can bet you within a month it will come across this kind of news headlines:

Lagos, Nigeria ---- Top Chief Executive of bank steals $2 billion & flees to the U.K.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ---- 50 yr old Nigerian woman caught with 6 kilos of cocaine
Amsterdam, Netherlands ---- Nigerian gang arrested with 1,000 fake passports
New York, U.SA ---- 4 Nigerian nationals charged with $17 million credit card fraud
Naples, Italy ---- 30 Nigerian women to be deported for prostitution

its just like saying arabs/muslims are terrorists, cos its only arabs/muslims that do such,

how does this sound in your ears?

why dont u go and tell al-q to rebrand themselves??
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by occam(m): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ Amaka,

well, are Ghanaians, Ivoriens or other African countires constantly in the headlines

listen, i feel your pain as well. sadly this constant bad news affects us all. thats the fact
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Oba234: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2010
EzeUche22:

Living there for only 4 weeks in South Africa is not good enough my friend. And the country has the highest AIDs rate in the world after Botswana.

Let us not forget that despoil is very common in that country moreso than any other African nation except DR Congo. Do not try to act like South Africa is the promise land. Those xenophobic riots were committed by Africans against fellow Africans such as the Somalis and Zimbabweans. What did they do to desserve to that? Because I heard both people are hard working.

Nobody is saying south africa is the promised land, but there are a lot of Nigerians that have this sense of deluded patriotism that really annoys me. They talk so much trash about the country without ever being there. I had a great time there and since south africans aren't here to defend themselves, I will defend them.  The Xenophobic riots in south africa was bad, but how can a country that just emerged from the Apartheid era handled the mass immigration of people that are coming to their country when they are still trying to develop their own country. Million of Zimbabweans are in south africa because of Mugabe and South Africa is forced to absorbed all those people into their economy and now the natives have to compete with them for a job when they are still  struggling. There are many people from the Congo there. Capetown is full of Somalis and Ethiopians. The security guards at my hotel were Congolese. The waiters at restaurants are all Zimbabweans. How did they get those jobs? Because they are willing to work for a lower pay than the natives and this doesn't make a lot of people happy. Many Nigerians are also there. This country is being forced to absorb all the immigrants from all over Africa because the rest of Africa can't get their Poo together. How can a developing country deals with all this? Frustration grows and it sometimes erupts into violence. In Nigeria, in the 70s or 80s, it was merely ghana and see how Nigerians treated them. Now imagine if the whole of west africa and south africa are now migrating into nigeria when Nigerians themselves are trying to find a job and see if violence won't erupt. Even in the developed country USA, anti immigration resentment is getting louder and louder and congress is in the midst of enacting a bill to not allow children of illegal immigrants to become a citizen all because they want to stop people from coming to the US. Arizona is now saying police can stop you to ask for your immigration status. Even in a developed country, it's a big problem, now a developing country like south africa, after emerging from Apartheid now has to deal with massive immigration into their country. I am not saying what they did is right, but frustration leads to anger. Also, the Xenophobic violence that occured in south africa two yrs ago was not as serious as they made it seemed in the media. The media is a propaganda machine. I even asked the locals there about that situation and they told me it wasn't as serious as they made it seemed and it was only restricted to a certain area
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by kobikwelu(m): 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^^^

very enlightening,

thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ministers Sing Birthday Song For Osinbajo During FEC Meeting (Video) / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos / Ihedioha Denies Hosting Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.