Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari (23233 Views)

Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate / Adebayo Shittu Says APC Without Buhari May Face Difficulty In 2023 / Senate May Proceed On Recess Without Buhari’s Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Promismike(m): 3:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
On point

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by kayjasper(f): 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:
1, Fela Durotoye, Moghalu and Oby had at one time worked for APC, and are not running to win but to divide votes. The main contender is Buhari. Why would Atiku debate with spoilers who may be secretly working for the ruling party while the main contender didn't appear.
2, Atiku already showed his willingness to Debate by coming to the venue, and he knows who he is challenging. Definitely not fela nor Oby nor moghalu.
In summary Atiku had more to loose than to gain for participating in a debate without Buhari.

Will you keep Kwayet!!!!!!

Whats all this rubbish of you repeating yourself for six times?

He is just a coward who couldn't hold it against fellow Aspirants.

What do you mean the other 3 were working for APC?

Arrant Nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Flashacademy(m): 3:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
bencarson007:
how una expect a business professor and an almajiri to debate.... yeeeee.... who slap me...

You go still receive another one.���

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by ChinagoChiBoy: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Breaking: ASUU Suspends Strike
nigeria-news-world.com Jan 21, 2019 6:05 AM
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has suspended its five-week old strike following a meeting with the Federal Government’s delegation

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by SaiAtikuTill203: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
Buhari challenged Atiku to visit America if he is not corrupt, Atiku did.
Atiku challengedo Buhari to a debate and Buhari ran off.
Forget what you have heard. From this who has integrity between Buhari and Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Afungo: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
I LOVE ATIKU, SURELY HE IS GOING TO HAVE OUR VOTE

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by mushystuff: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
How about, 'Why is Buhari avoiding debates'?
chinelo009:
why is atiku avoiding the debate.hahaha

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
BUBU WAS AFRAID THEY COULD ASK HIM TO REMOVED HIS CAP
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Chronic foolishness of Igbo reasoning

Lol...you that is a disgrace to your unborn generation
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by fasho01(m): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Atiku not participating in that debate was the best choice he could have made.. Period!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by BlackMbakara1(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mumu analysis... cheesy grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by bencarson007(m): 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
Flashacademy:

You go still receive another one.���
Abeg make una sorry for me na... Bubu too dull... yeeeee..... who slap me again
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by mushystuff: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
AntiWailer:
yea,

If you go for interview, ask for a top candidate u are xpecting. If the person did not come, just go home.

It is high time you people stop defending the useless statement that it is a "Presidential Debate" not "Candidate Debate"
(it is a debate between presidential candidates not Presidents)

That is why they deny the masses quality education so that they can not reason on their own.

As for the other idiot that did not attend too, No PDP incumbents ever attended any debate. if you excuse them, u can excuse him too.

Oranges and apples...for a job interview, it is usually not public knowledge whom to expect or who has been invited for an interview. Rather, prospective job seekers go in, hoping to be selected by the employer. In this case all candidates are known and fellow contenders invited for the debate are also known.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:
1, Fela Durotoye, Moghalu and Oby had at one time worked for APC, and are not running to win but to divide votes. The main contender is Buhari. Why would Atiku debate with spoilers who may be secretly working for the ruling party while the main contender didn't appear.
2, Atiku already showed his willingness to Debate by coming to the venue, and he knows who he is challenging. Definitely not fela nor Oby nor moghalu.

3. Why should atiku contend in a debate for a crown with people who do not have the crown?
. Why?
.it is like a pretty girl engaging in a fight with an ugly girl, the pretty lady has everything to loose. If she should fight, she should fight with a fellow pretty lady. With due respect to other contestants, the only persons with a chance of victory is Atiku n buhari because of their person and party with national presence.
.if Atiku had debated, buhari will just chill in asoro rock, watching them on TV n hoping the candidates tear them selves apart.
4. Even if Atiku performed well in the debate, with whom will his debate be compared with? Oby, fela or moghalu? Buhari is the standard by which other aspirants debate would be compared with to know if they are better alternative. Other aspirants were supposed to protest Buhari's absence by following Atiku 's steps.
5. Some people argue that by not debating atiku lossed the chance to tell Nigerians what he wants to offer, that is a big lie, the debate is not an opportunity to tell Nigerians what you have to offer, campaigns, rallies, town hall meetings and social media already created a platform to tell Nigerians what you want to offer. Before the debate, we already know what Atiku is offering Nigerians, some of his selling points include boosting our economy, restructuring etc. These he had been saying in townhall meetings, campaigns, social media etc. The debate therefore is supposed to be a ground for intellectual battle with other aspirants. And the defending champion didn't show up, what do you think was the best decision at that point? Be the judge, but judge smartly n not just by emotion.
6, in our recent past, politicians who didn't participate in presidential debate always ended up winning the election. From Yar Adua, to Jonathan and even Buhari. If Atiku had participated in the debate, he would had sealed his fate to loose to buhari, that is if we should go by the history of our presidential debates.
In summary Atiku had more to loose than to gain for participating in a debate without Buhari.

Mtcheww.

E bulu grammar gbogo, ebulu gbadaa....
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
How do you expect somebody that don't know the kind of technology that was used to come and debate
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by mushystuff: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
Why is it all about him? How about the president who kept away and whose aides blatantly rub our noses in it by telling us that he has no need for a debate and no need to answer to Nigerians?
Charly68:
I never knew Atiku was proud until he absented himself at the organized debate .Even his excuse is non sequitur.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:

3. Why should atiku contend in a debate for a crown with people who do not have the crown?
. Why?
.it is like a pretty girl engaging in a fight with an ugly girl, the pretty lady has everything to loose. If she should fight, she should fight with a fellow pretty lady. With due respect to other contestants, the only persons with a chance of victory is Atiku n buhari because of their person and party with national presence.
.if Atiku had debated, buhari will just chill in asoro rock, watching them on TV n hoping the candidates tear them selves apart.
4. Even if Atiku performed well in the debate, with whom will his debate be compared with? Oby, fela or moghalu? Buhari is the standard by which other aspirants debate would be compared with to know if they are better alternative. Other aspirants were supposed to protest Buhari's absence by following Atiku 's steps.
5. Some people argue that by not debating atiku lossed the chance to tell Nigerians what he wants to offer, that is a big lie, the debate is not an opportunity to tell Nigerians what you have to offer, campaigns, rallies, town hall meetings and social media already created a platform to tell Nigerians what you want to offer. Before the debate, we already know what Atiku is offering Nigerians, some of his selling points include boosting our economy, restructuring etc. These he had been saying in townhall meetings, campaigns, social media etc. The debate therefore is supposed to be a ground for intellectual battle with other aspirants. And the defending champion didn't show up, what do you think was the best decision at that point? Be the judge, but judge smartly n not just by emotion.
6, in our recent past, politicians who didn't participate in presidential debate always ended up winning the election. From Yar Adua, to Jonathan and even Buhari. If Atiku had participated in the debate, he would had sealed his fate to loose to buhari, that is if we should go by the history of our presidential debates.

Mtcheww.

E bulu grammar gbogo ebulu gbadaa....
2innocent:

. Why?

Mtcheww.

E bulu grammar gbogo, ebulu gbadaa....
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Lordkross(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
post=74975728:
This is the END OF THE WHOLE MATTER.....

Somehow your own stupidity is in Overdrive. If you promised change and act in similar/worse than the norm and not expecting a clapback you are extremely brain lazy.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
Charly68:
I never knew Atiku was proud until he absented himself at the organized debate .Even his excuse is non sequitur.
what is this one saying
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Guide777(m): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Chronic foolishness of Igbo reasoning
More like sophisticated moronic view
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by hush15: 3:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
post=74975728:

manna, why can you lie. GEJ attended the NEDG debate and not the NN24 debate. Afterall, he attended the the most relevant one but you buhari sidnt attend that one. i want to believe he regards the NN24 more than the NEDG/BON debate and here is a link to that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/nn24-presidential-debate-why-jonathan-won%25E2%2580%2599t-participate/amp/
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Patode: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
1. For the 1999 presidential debate, Obasanjo of the PDP refused to debate with Olu Falae of APP/AG coalition.
2. For the 2003 presidential debate, Obasanjo of the PDP refused to debate with Buhari of the ANPP.
3. For the 2007 presidential debate, Yar Adua of the PDP refused to debate with Buhari of the ANPP.
4. For the 2011 presidential debate, Jonathan of the PDP refused to debate with Buhari of the CPC.
5. For the 2015 presidential debate, Buhari of the APC refused to debate with Jonathan of the PDP, after it emerged that the organizers of the debate have carefully leaked all the debate questions to Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by gotnel: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dee60:
Atiku and Buhari should go and rest. Atiku has his garbage. OBJ himself once said that the man cannot be trusted. PMB is tired.

Oby Ezekwsili has a solid track in public management both locally and internationally - Yet her people are hardly campaigning for her.

I think the woman will win more votes in South West than in the South East!

I watched Tunde Bakare yesterday say that Nigerians should stop saying that there is no credible alternative.

Oby is one, but even her people are not routing for her.

Maybe the people are not really looking for credibility!

Nigeria's problems are many but one of them is - Nigerians!

Seriously speaking, Obi is the only complete candidate for the presidency.
Unfortunately, the masses are not taking notes.
In the above mentioned situation. Buhari should be allowed to have a second term.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
post=74975728:

Suya man, the noise maker...you keep shouting up and down spewing trash like a demeted fellow.

Sorry, I hope you get paid for typing trash, if not then you are double stupid.

Shit brain.

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by mhizdebbygold(f): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:

. Why?
Thank you! Evribody knows this fight is between atiku and bubu if he doesn't come then no debate...so he will just chill in asorock and be watching them..that's rubbish. They should reschedule and evribody MUST be present.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by bigstan11787(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
Boss atiku did the best thing
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Glink2018(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dee60:
Atiku and Buhari should go and rest. Atiku has his garbage. OBJ himself once said that the man cannot be trusted. PMB is tired.

Oby Ezekwsili has a solid track in public management both locally and internationally - Yet her people are hardly campaigning for her.

I think the woman will win more votes in South West than in the South East!

I watched Tunde Bakare yesterday say that Nigerians should stop saying that there is no credible alternative.

Oby is one, but even her people are not routing for her.

Maybe the people are not really looking for credibility!

Nigeria's problems are many but one of them is - Nigerians!

See what you have reduced nigeria politics to ....
All these points, just to defend your corrupt presidential candidate..

Lubbish....

Oshisco.....

Shit...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shiites Suspend All Protests / Maina Drags Reno Omokri To Court Over Corruption Allegations, Seeks N4bn / "Suspension Not Enough", APC Asks Ikpeazu To Sack Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.