Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) (44006 Views)

Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence / ‘O Jogo’: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts Juventus’ Offer / Cristiano Ronaldo ‘accepts’ Two-year Suspended Jail Sentence And €18.8m Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Sportdab(m): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo has accepted a £17m fine after pleading guilty to tax fraud in Madrid on Tuesday morning.

The judge denied Ronaldo's request to appear by video or enter the building by car and arrived at the courthouse with his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez.

His lawyers had argued that given his fame, avoiding the main entrance was needed for the player's security.

Ronaldo spent around 45 minutes in court and, after formally accepting the deal offered by prosecutors, signed the agreement to pay the huge fine.

The deal, agreed in advance, includes a 23-month jail sentence.

But in Spain, convicts do not usually do time for sentences under two years.

The charges are from his nine years at Real, whom he left for Italian club Juventus last summer.

MySportDab report Prosecutors accused him of four counts of tax fraud from 2011-14 worth 14.7m euros (£12.9) and using shell companies outside Spain to hide income made from image rights.

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/01/cristiano-ronaldo-accepts-17m-fine-and.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by ceejayMAX(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2019
This anoda reason I love messi,he does not get involved in illegal doinzzzz. grin

41 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by BruncleZuma: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hahahahahahahahaha, Just last year somebody was calling me oversabi for saying the developed world don't play with tax evasion.

Dem rather you kee person than, evade taxes....

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
I know Messi and Barca fans are behind this

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Donzion77(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
cryF
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
ceejayMAX:
This anoda reason I love messi,he does not get involved in illegal doinzzzz. grin

You want to mock messi abi ?

You forgot he almost got jailed last year for the same Tax evasion

172 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by madridguy(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
Paying your Tax is a must in developed countries.

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by YomiTee123(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
LIKES FOR MESSI SHARE FOR CR7

211 Likes 281 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Emekus92(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
ceejayMAX:
Lol.... Ur Messi nai even worst

When they were harassing him 3 or 4 Years ago where were you?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by raphieMontella: 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
still the goat
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by mids(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
end time charges and prosecutions......despite all dis, d guy is still waxing strong

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Deicide: 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
You and ronaldo inside the same cell

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by lexyman(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
when you re too rich ... you will smile to the court...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Promismike(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
O
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mist be funny to see

How cr7 fans who mocked messi with tax

Cases handle this

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Christafarian(m): 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
grin
At least since dem no get the "black gold", Tax must serve that purpose. At all at all na im bad pass.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by raphieMontella: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
ceejayMAX:
you must be a newbie in football

15 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Bantino(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
@headline

If you thought this was about the rape case, gather here

21 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by TRUSTEDGUY: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Likes for Ororo shares for Messi

91 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by itiswellandwell: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mheen
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by percyshelu(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
This post is not comparing Ronaldo and Messi but I know some people will come here and say that Ronaldo is better which is not true

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Emceesaka: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Cristiano Ronalfraud I hail ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Spymaster2019(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
He won't be in jail.

Between. Nantes forward and Argentina striker. Emiiliano Sala. Plane is missing.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Emekus92(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
TRUSTEDGUY:

Likes for Ororo shares for Messi
YomiTee123:
LIKES FOR MESSI SHARE FOR CR7

tongue

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by jamata20: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
Okay
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Topsino: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hello Nigerians, am here to tell you about a scam company calling them selves EWC, which they have there head office at lekki phase 2, No 23 Abeke Animasahun, Lagos Nigeria, the name of there manager is Saheed. His telephone number is this 08169251226 He collected 250,000 from me with the name of the company, I heard that he has been duping Nigerian youths on daily basis from the company called EWC Please Nigerian spread the news to save a soul. If you are lucky to get him in person then don't essitate to report to the nearest police station I will also send the prove of my payment and his picture below to run away for this mad man, I paid to him through there company and since then he was just telling me today and tomorrow without doing anything, actually i paid for visiting visa, he collected the money without asking for any necessary things like international passport and other documents, I trusted them because I see them as a registered company, am urging all Nigerians not to move closer to this called EWC they are fraudsters, they took my hard earned money and I requested for refund since last year they are yet to return my money, pls all Nigerians Help me to share this to ur facebook timeline till there boss in Canada see it, thanks nairalanders don'tmove to this company

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by PapalsBulls(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
Like for Messi

Share for Ronaldo

33 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
I will open a go fundme account to pay the bill for CR7
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Accepts £17m Fine And Two-year Suspended Jail Term (Photos) by Spuggie: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2019
Interested

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi, His Russian Girlfriend And Their Twins Step Out In Style / Real Madrid Fans Stunned To See Hazard In Action / Michael Umanyika Dies In Azerbaijan During Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.